Riverbend 7/12/13 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
chronicskier233

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Riverbend 7/12/13

Where to begin? My 16th show. It was a show at my original home venue/the day after my birthday/ and 5 days ago, i found pit tickets on Ants (thanks again Brett!!!), so needless to say I was excited. This was going to be my first pit experience (or being really close at all) and I can say that you should absolutely do it for one show, it was incredible, I was right in front of Rashawn/Jeff and Fonz 1 person back of the rail. Now to the show.

Warehouse- Called it all damn week that it was going to open, call it a feeling, I just knew it, UTTAD intro was awesome, first time hearing that intro, and it was incredible. Warehouse is a song I could never get tired of in a million shows, the jam is one of my all time favorites, danced my ass off to get my night started right.

Save Me- Had never seen this song before, had listened to it a few times from previous years, then, in preparations for this show, started listening to it quite a bit D&T style within the past week, really enjoyed this song full band/live, excellent version

When the World Ends- Bring on the hate, but my girlfriend and I like this song a whole lot, we dancing and sang along and at only 4-5 mins long, its short and sweet.

Rooftop- Really like this song, the break down is good, but I could live without it, jammed out and danced some more.

Crush- Never gets old, could listen to it at every show, the jams were amazing and we partied like our world was upside down.

Take Me to Tomorrow- went to piss/ get a beer, really had to go, but i was lucky enough that my girl stayed down in the pit and held my spot

Dont Fear the Reaper- Love it, what an amazing song and cover, really enjoyed hearing it

Kill The Preacher -> DDTW- KTP actually got a pretty big rise out the crowd but then DDTW took it to a whole new level, could listen to it all the time, very powerful and great song live in concert

If Only- Pretty good song, nothing special here

Shake Me- very high energy and gets the crowd involved, very solid performance and nothing wrong with it, mid set

So Damn Lucky- Meh, not my favorite song, but the performance was really really good, and the Digging a Ditch outro was short with no Thank You

Too Much - Could hear this one at every show as well, LOVE when it stands by itself, makes it more fun, dont get me wrong though, I love SMTS -> ASTB

Recently - Probably a top 3 song for me, loved it at Deer Creek and loved it again at the Bend, could listen to it more than once in a show if it was possible, the jam was perfect, although maybe a little short, Pretty Pretty Girl, Take Me to the River outros were gladly excepted after they didn't show up at DC.

Space Between- Held my woman and sang along, perfect little break after recently to catch my breath

Grey St- Really really good version, probably the best I've ever heard, in person or on tape, was awesome being right in front of rashawn and jeff for this, could also hear this one at every show I attend

Bayou- I know Dave has fallen in love with this song again and knew it would come up, great energy and great jam, not my favorite but as long as it doesnt close the set......

Ants- Boom, the anthem, doesnt get much better, absolutely love it, every single time

-------------------------------------------------------------
Butterfly- the little girl he dedicated the song to was on the other side of the pit from me, but she had a sign and its cool that Dave went over and talked to her, only a 5 second tease but pretty cool

Drunken Solider- Really enjoyed it, I like AFTW and this is one I wanted to hear

Pnp -> Rapunzel- Not my favorite song to end a show but one of my top 20 songs otherwise, really enjoyed it and had fun singing along

Overall a pretty good show, the crowd and band energy were great and you could tell that they were feeling it. Can't wait to try to get into my next pit!! going to step it up next year, still hoping they add a Chicago date that I can head up to this fall, but more than likely I'll be hitting Alpine (2x), Riverbend, STL, Deer Creek (2x), and ATL next year! Thanks for reading guys

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
    SeekUpTheCubs
    DMBallwasher

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Riverbend 7/12/13

Glad you had a good time. I had a blast. Was fortunate enough to be around some awesome people
    Old 07-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
    davem#36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Riverbend 7/12/13

Awesome review. Looks like a really cool set.

What an amazing 20 years.
    ‘24 ALPHA/ALPINE
    davem#36 is offline   Reply With Quote