West Palm Beach First Time Questions - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
mahgeetah

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

West Palm Beach First Time Questions

Hey folks,
Looking to hit up the West Palm Beach run for the first time (actually will be my first time seeing DMB away from the west). I'm sure I could search through the forum for answers to most these questions, but thought I'd try to expedite my search a bit.

1) How's the venue? Pretty much the same deal as any major U.S. amphitheater? How's the lawn? Any venue specific tips?

2) What's the best lodging situation? Looking for something somewhat cost prohibitive but definitely don't want to drive to or from the venue...

3) Any other activities/recommendations around West Palm Beach and the venue? Bars? Restaurants?

Any tips or suggestions for ensuring a good, somewhat logistically-smooth experience are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Re: West Palm Beach First Time Questions

http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...d.php?t=328446

http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...d.php?t=321108

http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...d.php?t=306769

IBTL
    Old 06-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
    LAA1305

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Seems like if you were familiar with WPB, it'd be easier to just toss out a couple names of hotels, restaurants, bars, etc. than it would be to pull up the forums from past years and ask him to sort through hundreds of pages of largely irrelevant material. I hardly think one extra thread is going to disrupt the flow of the boards too much.

If I was more familiar with WPB, I'd gladly help you out OP.

Have you read the typical show thread? The one for Hartford right now is stuck on people sharing their ridiculous stories about having sex on the lawns or fucking random dudes/chicks. God forbid someone make a new thread trying to find some legitimate helpful information about a show he's going to...
    Old 06-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LAA1305 View Post
    Seems like if you were familiar with WPB, it'd be easier to just toss out a couple names of hotels, restaurants, bars, etc. than it would be to pull up the forums from past years and ask him to sort through hundreds of pages of largely irrelevant material. I hardly think one extra thread is going to disrupt the flow of the boards too much.

If I was more familiar with WPB, I'd gladly help you out OP.

Have you read the typical show thread? The one for Hartford right now is stuck on people sharing their ridiculous stories about having sex on the lawns or fucking random dudes/chicks. God forbid someone make a new thread trying to find some legitimate helpful information about a show he's going to...
    He doesn't have to read through the entire WPB 2014 thread. But he can post that exact post in there and get all his questions answered. Shows have a single thread for a reason. Yes, the regulars will chat a lot in them, but they will also pause to answer any questions people have; even the Gorge thread.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 06-21-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    Old 06-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #5
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Reading just the first 2 pages of this year's thread lists 6+ hotels and multiple activities to do during the day, but I guess we could have everyone retype all that
    Old 06-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #6
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mahgeetah View Post
    Hey folks,
    Looking to hit up the West Palm Beach run for the first time (actually will be my first time seeing DMB away from the west). I'm sure I could search through the forum for answers to most these questions, but thought I'd try to expedite my search a bit.

1) How's the venue? Pretty much the same deal as any major U.S. amphitheater? How's the lawn? Any venue specific tips?

2) What's the best lodging situation? Looking for something somewhat cost prohibitive but definitely don't want to drive to or from the venue...

3) Any other activities/recommendations around West Palm Beach and the venue? Bars? Restaurants?

Any tips or suggestions for ensuring a good, somewhat logistically-smooth experience are highly appreciated.

Thanks!
    The venue is cookie cutter amphitheater. Lawn isn't very remarkable either. Views are fine, crowd can be a bit rowdy but not as bad as, say, SPAC.

There's no lodging that I know of that is close enough to walk to the venue. But there is a cab line, and a private car line outside the venue. I used the private cars last year. No wait. Fees negotiable.

I'm sure the fine folk in the WPB thread (first link in Peter's post) can help you with what to do in the town. I've never done anything but beach it up there in my downtime.
    Closed Thread