Official Fuck the Police thread - Page 60 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 01:02 PM   #1771
dre2142
Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Official Fuck the Police thread

Cop was a gentleman and kept his cool while dealing with this stupid idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaQyiIizgU8
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...aking-the-law/

Idiot because because the law he is referring to CLEARLY states that it does not apply to law enforcement)
http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.08.065
Quote:
This section shall not apply to vehicles of a sheriff's office, local police department, or any vehicles used by local peace officers under public authority for special undercover or confidential investigative purposes.

Last edited by dre2142; 10-20-2014 at 01:03 PM.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #1772
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

This cop cant admit hes wrong
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/nyp...MGTmIdHbT7u.99
    Old 10-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #1773
    scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dre2142 View Post

Idiot because because the law he is referring to CLEARLY states that it does not apply to law enforcement)
    Jesus what a fucking douchebag.

So funny when people do this type of shit knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're right and they end up being 100% wrong and looking like a fucking moron.
    Old 10-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #1774
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

where is this cite? I clicked the link but didn't see the portion you quoted
    Old 10-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #1775
    jcc522
    Take Warning

My Tour Central Stats

Found it. Clearly, the law is meant to outlaw regular traffic cops using unmarked cars. However, the way the sentence is written, it could be interpreted as a blanket exemption to sheriff vehicles.
    Old 10-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #1776
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcc522 View Post
    Found it. Clearly, the law is meant to outlaw regular traffic cops using unmarked cars. However, the way the sentence is written, it could be interpreted as a blanket exemption to sheriff vehicles.
    Any unmarked car is deemed as a confidential investigative purpose. Leaves it pretty open.

There are also revisions that basically allow exemptions in any circumstance deemed necessary.

This isnt this guys first video. Guy is a know it all (obviously not all though) douche.
    Old 10-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #1777
    jcc522
    Take Warning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Any unmarked car is deemed as a confidential investigative purpose. Leaves it pretty open.

There are also revisions that basically allow exemptions in any circumstance deemed necessary.

This isnt this guys first video. Guy is a know it all (obviously not all though) douche.
    I disagree. Considering (3) says this:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RCW 46.08.065(3)
    (3) Subsection (2) of this section shall not apply to vehicles used by the Washington state patrol for general undercover or confidential investigative purposes. Traffic control vehicles of the Washington state patrol may be exempted from the requirements of subsection (2) of this section at the discretion of the chief of the Washington state patrol. The *department of general administration shall adopt general rules permitting other exceptions to the requirements of subsection (2) of this section for other vehicles used for law enforcement, confidential public health work, and public assistance fraud or support investigative purposes, for vehicles leased or rented by the state on a casual basis for a period of less than ninety days, and those provided for in **RCW 46.08.066(3). The exceptions in this subsection, subsection (4) of this section, and those provided for in **RCW 46.08.066(3) shall be the only exceptions permitted to the requirements of subsection (2) of this section.
    and only only allows traffic control vics of the state patrol to be exempted by the WA State Patrol Chief, I doubt the law was written to allow random deputies to pull over speeders in unmarked cars.

I believe the law was written to allow the "Lucy's Flowershop" surveillance van and the '86 Caprice that Officer Vice is using to pose as a dealer, to be unmarked.

Some states don't allow unmarked "regular" cop cars. I though it was weird at first when I got to the islands. Here in HI, the cars actually have to drive around with their blue lights on(solid, not flashing). Its ridiculous, you have otherwise unmarked cars driving around with a blue light on top real subtle.

EDIT:
    http://autoworld.files.wordpress.com...ang_hawaii.jpg
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/_s_car7lAVnA/Ry...4/100_8247.JPG
    http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attach...ar-yes-hpd.jpg

slick!

Last edited by jcc522; 10-20-2014 at 08:06 PM.
    Old 10-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #1778
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

The guy was douchey, although I understand the reason patrol cars should be marked. Certainly that guy doesn't help the cause of police reform, because this was someone engaging law enforcement for something thats not really an issue.
    Old 10-20-2014, 08:59 PM   #1779
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    The guy was douchey, although I understand the reason patrol cars should be marked. Certainly that guy doesn't help the cause of police reform, because this was someone engaging law enforcement for something thats not really an issue.
    Talking about the guy who pulled the LEO over; the LEO who arrested the musician is also a douche
    Old 10-20-2014, 09:35 PM   #1780
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I was riding with someone tonight who got stopped by an unmarked Crown Vic. When the guy didn't act like a cop at all and told us to just get out of the car, we jetted off. He gave a halfhearted chase until about a mile up the road, when we pulled right beside a cop on his break at a pull off, pointed him out, and the real cop got his ass. We gave another cop our statement and we shouldn't have to testify, but might. It's going to be on the morning news because they think this is the guy that has been robbing people and extorting money around here.

Point: You have every right to ask an unmarked cop car for verification of identity and backup. Any cop that hesitates is probably not a real cop. Real cops are used to having their authority challenged and know what to say. Best question to ask is "What jurisdiction are you?" If they stumble or say the wrong thing, anything other than, "town/county/state of" they are probably full of shit.
    Old 10-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #1781
    jcc522
    Take Warning

My Tour Central Stats

http://bulletsfirst.net/2014/10/20/p...RcslOulF1ts.99

inb4 if you've got nothing to hide
    Old 10-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #1782
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

That page opened up a second spam page with weird popups when I tried to close it. Bad link, do not click.

edit: Fuck the police though.
    Old 10-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #1783
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

My Tour Central Stats

Link worked fine for me.

Have lots of adblock extensions though.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 10-21-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    Old 10-21-2014, 09:54 PM   #1784
    Balor3012

Shows Seen: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Never opening a website called bullets first
    Old 10-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #1785
    rustysurf83

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

NY is a fucking joke. I would probably be considered a potential criminal if I lived there.
    Old 10-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #1786
    jcc522
    Take Warning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    That page opened up a second spam page with weird popups when I tried to close it. Bad link, do not click.

edit: Fuck the police though.

My bad man, I have Ad Block Plus on Chrome and got nothing funny. Here:

Quote:
    Once again Cuomo and his rights shredding legislation, the SAFE Act, has matriculated to its inevitable evolution, that of casting off any pretense that law abiding citizens have privacy, rights or freedom within the Empire State.

In Watervliet, NY the police department is REQUIRING that petitioners for pistol permits hand over their Facebook profiles as well as their PASSWORD. Would you like my pin# and a key to my safety deposit box at the bank too? Heck, why don’t I invite you over on the night of my wedding and let you sleep with my wife all Braveheart primae noctis style.

It’s getting to the point that I’m not even surprised at Cuomo’s corrupt administration and blatant disregard for the rights of his citizens. Citizens…it’s also getting to the point that I wonder how long New Yorkers will even warrant being called that; for they are on the fast track to subjugation.

A poster from nyfirearms.com was brave enough to recount publicly his ordeal despite the punitive repercussions from a petty and power mad government he may very well suffer.

“I had the form filled out with all my references, notarized, photos taken, driving record, and safety course. I went in and the officer took my folder in the back and came out and told me I have a lot more work to do and hands me a new packet including the main form except this one is on a thicker paper. This packet includes the forms to give my references which I was expecting. On the front page of this packet in the last space it says Facebook and password”

This is the document that he made public:

http://bulletsfirst.wpengine.netdna-...tion-Vliet.png

This is where the permit cover up begins.

When contacted for comment about this blatant violation of privacy, Chief Ron Boisvert, stated that the form should not have been included in the packet… but that it was for internal use only.

Internal use only? What does that even mean? Instead of asking the petitioner to write it down you ask them and then YOU fill it in?

When pressed Chief Boisvert begins to get dodgy and states while they don’t ask for the password they do require permit seekers to log into their facebook account and let the police snoop through it.

“We ask the applicant to log on to Facebook in front of us. Pages they’ve looked at, friends – anything that reflects on the character of the applicant.”

As I am writing this I cannot help but give Chief Boisvert a German accent and hear him ask: “show me your papers, where are your papers.”

Yet I am still confused. If Boisvert is saying that giving the password to a permit seekers Facebook account is not required, then WHY is it on the form regardless of whether it is for internal use only or not? And to go on from that point, why would any of my personal information I am submitting for my permit be used for anything OTHER than internal use?

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that when people log on in front of Boisvert, like a slave at auction being stripped naked for the bidders to gawk at, he somehow steals the password and makes a note of it on the “internal use only” paper so that they can keep it on file and spy freely on the permit holders.

If that is not enough to make New Yorkers question how much the SAFE Act has improved their lives and what kind of state they actually live in, the veiled threat by Chief Boisvert issues when people refuse his probing might. When asked what happens if people refuse to facilitate their own injustice, Chief Boisvert flippantly declares:

“I’d just note the fact and send it to the Judges.”

That is to say, thanks to the corrupt and punitive “May Issue” system that New York has, that gives the ability to deny 2nd Amendment rights to an “issuing authority”, those who refuse to submit to Boisvert’s electronical voyeurism will be denied a permit and upon appeal the judges will fully be aware of your contempt of cop.

I wonder what exactly the “facts” will be on the note Boisvert sends to the judges? No doubt something along the lines of how the petitioner was shady, evasive, contemptuous and a danger to society with disrespect to law enforcement etc etc etc.

Remember New York, this is just phase one. Re-elect Andrew Cuomo and SAFE Act 2 will solidify the empire…because subjects don’t have rights or privacy that is not bestowed upon them by their leaders.
    Old 10-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #1787
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Oh, yikes, that's no good.
    Old 10-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #1788
    Balor3012

Shows Seen: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Only thing I can say about watervliet is there is a U.S. army arsenal there
    Old 10-21-2014, 10:23 PM   #1789
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Password part is bullshit, but maybe it's not a bad idea to have a look at someone's FB page before handing them a deadly weapon. I mean, don't employers look at your social media during the application process? I don't know. I've never had a real job.
    Old 10-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #1790
    jcc522
    Take Warning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Password part is bullshit, but maybe it's not a bad idea to have a look at someone's FB page before handing them a deadly weapon. I mean, don't employers look at your social media during the application process? I don't know. I've never had a real job.
    They already run a criminal background check. If the police want to search my name on FB, so be it. They can fuck off when trying to get me to show it to them or requesting my password.
    Old 10-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #1791
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

I agree. I would have no problem with them searching my name on social media sites (partly because I'm not on any, lol), but I'm not giving up my password so they can read my personal and private correspondence.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 10-21-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    Old 10-26-2014, 02:33 PM   #1792
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

That's crazy. I would never try that with a cop, if I asked a cop for ID I'd be too worried I'd get my ass kicked.
    Old 11-20-2014, 04:42 AM   #1793
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle21651689/

such a fucked up story. it's a shame cops are immune from punishment in our society.
    Old 11-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #1794
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

There's a black homeless man in Atlantic City who is always putting out recycling and trash for business without them asking. He doesn't bother anyone, never asks for money, and he does it usually wearing nice clothes.

It's in the high 30's today in AC and he was walking past my liquor store with some boxes. Across the street was a female cop doing detail for the construction they're doing on the main strip where the casinos are. She walked across the street to him and gave him a part of the sandwich she was eating.

I'm not trying to stir something up because this is a thread for the negative things that cops do, but I just wanted to share that because there are good cops out there too.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Old 11-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #1795
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

She gave him a half eaten sandwich?
    Old 11-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #1796
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    There's a black homeless man in Atlantic City who is always putting out recycling and trash for business without them asking. He doesn't bother anyone, never asks for money, and he does it usually wearing nice clothes.

It's in the high 30's today in AC and he was walking past my liquor store with some boxes. Across the street was a female cop doing detail for the construction they're doing on the main strip where the casinos are. She walked across the street to him and gave him a part of the sandwich she was eating.

I'm not trying to stir something up because this is a thread for the negative things that cops do, but I just wanted to share that because there are good cops out there too.
    if this cop was from Florida she'd be in quite a conundrum, it being illegal to feed the homeless and all what an ass backwards state

very nice actions by this cop, though
    Old 11-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #1797
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    She gave him a half eaten sandwich?
    The sandwich was cut in half. Use common sense.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Old 11-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #1798
    jcc522
    Take Warning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
    if this cop was from Florida she'd be in quite a conundrum, it being illegal to feed the homeless and all what an ass backwards state

very nice actions by this cop, though
    what? I feed the homeless all the time. Why Florida, why?
    Old 11-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #1799
    scrock25

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    The sandwich was cut in half. Use common sense.
    Or you could get a sense of humor, Roose13.
    Old 11-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #1800
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcc522 View Post
    what? I feed the homeless all the time. Why Florida, why?
    http://rt.com/usa/201983-florida-homeless-hate-law/

i want this so badly to be satire but i don't think it is
    Closed Thread