Original Musicians' / Bands' Links - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > Musician Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 06-07-2014, 03:52 AM   #61
heartstrong

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Original Musicians' / Bands' Links

Also, chemcaj, how do you get the vocal effect on icarus? Nice little echo sound to it. Thank you for sharing such an emotional song with us.

(name) - I love the chord progression and lyrics to 11th hour. Great sound on the Uke!

tweeks.15 - you guys sound and look like you have a lot of fun playing your brass. I got a RR and Family Band atmosphere from your youtube vid. Great stuff.

Whitey - love the soft sax intro to Sax in the Song
heartstrong is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #62
    Dmband35

Shows Seen: 65

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Must say I LOVE THIS THREAD. Great music everyone! Posted my old EP here a little while back....Now I'm in the middle of making my first full length, here's an acoustic track that will be on it called "New Years Eve". Hope ya'll enjoy and as always, comments good or bad are always welcome

https://soundcloud.com/joe-lepore-1/new-years-eve
    Dmband35 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #63
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Hey everyone, check out my latest song if you get a chance. It's a song I wrote for my bride to be. She's away on her bachelorette weekend and we're getting married July 25th and this song just popped in there. Been writing a lot lately so I'm hoping this is the first of more recordings to come:

Your Heart Gave Me More
    http://m.soundcloud.com/kevinth5/you...t-gave-me-more

Little cheesy, but I like it, and she said she cried when she heard it so that's good HAHA!
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #64
    dvalukis
    Em7Sus4

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I'm in a group with this guy, Zach Seufert. Hopefully going to upload some original stuff later to the site, (http://www.zs-music.com). There's some cover samples on there now. He's mainly based out of the Tampa Bay area, doing acoustic, solo, and full band stuff. He's got a wild, yet classy sound. Let me know what you guys think.

dvalukis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #65
    chemcaj
    Mel

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Been a while since I've been here. I've enjoyed listening to the music here. So many talented folks..

I do have some new music to share. I'd appreciate anyone listening to it and giving me some feedback. These are three original songs that are being considered for an EP release on itunes.

Line in the Sand
    https://soundcloud.com/kemdocmusic/line-in-the-sand?

Shine
    https://soundcloud.com/kemdocmusic/shine?

One Mama Don't Have To Cry
    https://soundcloud.com/kemdocmusic/o...t-have-to-cry?

Some of my music: http://www.youtube.com/user/MelBroussard
    chemcaj is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-30-2014, 06:23 AM   #66
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Hey all! Would love some opinions on my song "So High Above". I wrote this song years ago and have always wanted to make a good recording of it but haven't had the resources until recently. This is a rough mix and doesn't have the saxophone my buddy will be adding. I am playing everything on the track. Might add some keys also. Any recording gurus out there if you have any good suggestions please let me know. I'm using Adobe Audition.

Hope you enjoy:

https://www.hightail.com/download/Ul...aTFubVVPd3NUQw
    Old 11-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #67
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Uploaded a couple tracks of mine to SoundCloud today. They are older tracks. Didn't realize how many covers I actually do. Lots of my own stuff I never got round to recording yet.

http://www.soundcloud.com/sethward79
    Old 11-05-2014, 05:55 AM   #68
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH5 View Post
    Hey all! Would love some opinions on my song "So High Above". I wrote this song years ago and have always wanted to make a good recording of it but haven't had the resources until recently. This is a rough mix and doesn't have the saxophone my buddy will be adding. I am playing everything on the track. Might add some keys also. Any recording gurus out there if you have any good suggestions please let me know. I'm using Adobe Audition.

Hope you enjoy:

https://www.hightail.com/download/Ul...aTFubVVPd3NUQw
    Kev, this is really good man! Deff get a lot of "So Damn Lucky" vibe in there. Also you've got a really Eddie Vedder sounding voice, you should utilize that more frequently! I know you said it's a rough mix, but just a little constructive criticism: bring the vocals out more, turn the drums down a little bit. Also, at the end of the song, lay off the bell on the drums a little bit, keep it to just the ride, it got a little distracting to me but that's very nit-picky. Also, it was a little hard to hear what you were saying at times. Overall, very, very good stuff man! How long have you been playing drums and guitar for?
    Old 11-05-2014, 07:41 AM   #69
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Kev, this is really good man! Deff get a lot of "So Damn Lucky" vibe in there. Also you've got a really Eddie Vedder sounding voice, you should utilize that more frequently! I know you said it's a rough mix, but just a little constructive criticism: bring the vocals out more, turn the drums down a little bit. Also, at the end of the song, lay off the bell on the drums a little bit, keep it to just the ride, it got a little distracting to me but that's very nit-picky. Also, it was a little hard to hear what you were saying at times. Overall, very, very good stuff man! How long have you been playing drums and guitar for?
    Thanks Mike! I wrote the song in 2004 I think and somehow I didn't realize the So Damn Lucky vibe until about 2 years ago. I was playing it and all of the sudden I'm thinking, "shit, that sounds a lot like SDL". Not like I'm ever going to be a famous chart topping artist so I figure it doesn't really matter HAHA. More just for hobby and fun.

I appreciate the constructive criticism. Definitely what I was looking for. This is all stuff I've taught myself to do, so in no way am I close to professional. I appreciate any critiques people have so I can better my skills. I can honestly say that you are the first person to compare me to Eddie. I'll take it! I've heard a lot of comparisons to Dave and Caleb from Kings of Leon. I'm glad you mentioned the bell. I have been thinking of taking that out but just wasn't sure if others would find it as distracting as I did. Definitely taking it out.

I started playing drums in fifth grade, so roughly 20 years ago. But long story short, I haven't been actively playing for about 11 years. I came across a cheap electric kit from our new neighbors and have just started getting back into it. I started teaching myself guitar close to 14 years ago I think. I took one 30 minute lesson and decided I'd just try and figure it out myself HAHA.
    Old 11-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #70
    Jake17

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

New band from Southern California. We're called 7th standard. We play rock and reggae influenced by the foo fighters, ballyhoo, sublime.

Check us out if you want, we have some videos from shows and some acoustic stuff.

Here's our facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/BashEvelin?fref=photo

Take care everyone
    Old 11-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #71
    yankeesdrummer

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Feel free to check out my page. Looking for musicians to hopefully jam with in NYC. The music scene here is pretty lackluster/lame so if anyone is ever interested in just jamming or whatever, feel free to hit me up.
    http://andrewharts.webs.com/
    yankeesdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2015, 02:13 PM   #72
    Jake17

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Just wanted to get this going again, I think it's a great thread. Anyway, my band just finished an EP in the studio and that can be found on soundcloud here

https://m.soundcloud.com/7th-standard

We work really hard, we are only 8 months into this so we are trying really hard to spread the word
    Here's our Facebook, it has some recordings and some other stuff.

https://m.facebook.com/BashEvelin?ts...urce=typeahead

We wouldn't mind some likes and shares, we are just starting out. Thanks so much!
    Old 02-08-2015, 10:41 AM   #73
    Mr_Walkaway
    fade the moon

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah,
    We definitely need to keep this thread going!

We should start some sort of Liking-Paying-Forward thing, where someone likes a page and shares it with all their friends, and then the person who was liked does the same thing to another band. Or something.
    Mr_Walkaway is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #74
    whiteysax
    washOUTthisTIREDnotion

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Hey guys... I know it's a long shot since we're all from all over the place, but if you happen to live in the Denver area, my band Jesse RS will be playing downtown tonight at Quixote's. Should be a great show. On the other stage there's gonna be a Grateful Dead tribute and bluegrass fusion band. Would love to meet some of you fellow music makers. Here's a fan shot video from a show last year for you funk rock lovers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Ld6GeAWuM
    Old 05-04-2015, 08:12 AM   #75
    DLCSBMMK
    No, baby, you're money

My Tour Central Stats

Here's a demo of a song I've been working on. Don't know if I'll add to it or not. I feel like lyrics beyond what I have would be superfluous. For once, I'm not being too wordy.

Focused more on the words/music in this instance; Just two acoustic tracks and garageband drums.

https://soundcloud.com/morgan_kelly_...hared-with-you

Last edited by DLCSBMMK; 05-04-2015 at 08:15 AM.
    DLCSBMMK is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2015, 08:21 AM   #76
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Here's a new song I recorded over the weekend. I was thinking about the brighter side of life after the death of a friend of mine in August. I wrote this in his memory. Instead of a slow depressing tune I decided to write something hopeful and upbeat, like he was:

https://m.soundcloud.com/kevinth5/lighten-up

Hope you enjoy!
    Old 05-04-2015, 09:57 AM   #77
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DLCSBMMK View Post
    Here's a demo of a song I've been working on. Don't know if I'll add to it or not. I feel like lyrics beyond what I have would be superfluous. For once, I'm not being too wordy.

Focused more on the words/music in this instance; Just two acoustic tracks and garageband drums.

https://soundcloud.com/morgan_kelly_...hared-with-you
    That was really good! Your guitars sounded fantastic. I wish I could produce something so crisp and clear.
    Old 05-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #78
    DLCSBMMK
    No, baby, you're money

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    That was really good! Your guitars sounded fantastic. I wish I could produce something so crisp and clear.
    Thanks, man. I'm really not much of a producer or anything. And my recording setup is about as simple as it gets.

I used voice/guitar recorded by a Blue Spark mic into a Scarlet 2i2 into Garageband.
    Old 05-05-2015, 03:58 PM   #79
    DLCSBMMK
    No, baby, you're money

My Tour Central Stats

And while I'm at it, here's a fun(ny) little tune about, well, girls.

Girls: https://soundcloud.com/morgan_kelly_41/girls
    Old 05-05-2015, 06:49 PM   #80
    dmbfan1011
    The Meddle Piper

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Here's my first recording with a friend of mine. He wrote the song, I added the layers (guitars and bass). 1 cheap condenser mic and very limited knowledge of mixing/recording. Learned a lot though!

Little China Doll: https://soundcloud.com/nmetzger1011/little-china-doll

Comments would be much appreciated!
    Old 05-05-2015, 06:50 PM   #81
    dmbfan1011
    The Meddle Piper

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks, man. I'm really not much of a producer or anything. And my recording setup is about as simple as it gets.

I used voice/guitar recorded by a Blue Spark mic into a Scarlet 2i2 into Garageband.
    I must ask how you add drums on garageband... I have had zero luck with this working for me. Never can get them to do what I want.
    Old 05-05-2015, 08:47 PM   #82
    DLCSBMMK
    No, baby, you're money

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbfan1011 View Post
    I must ask how you add drums on garageband... I have had zero luck with this working for me. Never can get them to do what I want.
    I create my own drum patterns. I start with blank midi regions, select the drum kit sound I want, and start creating the beats. I usually go with a two or four-bar groove that I want to build the song around. From there, it's copy and paste and just adjust as needed for fills, dynamics, or rhythmic changes. I tend to keep the grooves similar across the song sections (verse, chorus, etc.) in order to keep it uniform across the development of the tune. I add cymbal flourishes and extra percussion as I go. I'm a drummer before I'm anything else, though, so it makes it easier to dictate rhythms and design the song from the rhythm section. I'd just record the parts, but I've got this down pat and I consider anything I record as merely demos, so an easy, clean drum part from Garageband is more efficient for me than 'wasting time' doing it the right way.
    Old 05-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #83
    dmbfan1011
    The Meddle Piper

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I create my own drum patterns. I start with blank midi regions, select the drum kit sound I want, and start creating the beats. I usually go with a two or four-bar groove that I want to build the song around. From there, it's copy and paste and just adjust as needed for fills, dynamics, or rhythmic changes. I tend to keep the grooves similar across the song sections (verse, chorus, etc.) in order to keep it uniform across the development of the tune. I add cymbal flourishes and extra percussion as I go. I'm a drummer before I'm anything else, though, so it makes it easier to dictate rhythms and design the song from the rhythm section. I'd just record the parts, but I've got this down pat and I consider anything I record as merely demos, so an easy, clean drum part from Garageband is more efficient for me than 'wasting time' doing it the right way.
    I'm a drummer first and foremost myself as well. Thanks for the detailed answered. I plan to give this a shot later tomorrow!
    Old 05-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #84
    (name)
    (Insert Title Here)

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

DLCSBMMK: "Days I Shared With You" is lovely just the way it is. I could put this in my playlists that have been around for years and it would fit naturally. Love, love, love. "Girls" is a ton of fun too.

KevinTH: I really love your lyrics on "Lighten Up". The whole song feels like it's jogging your spirit awake. I like how positive it comes out.

dmbfan1011: The layering of the song reminds me of some of the best stuff on 90's alt radio. Even with limited resources, you guys have a nice sound here. Keep it up. The more you work at DIY recording, the more options experience opens you up to.
    Old 05-07-2015, 10:17 AM   #85
    (name)
    (Insert Title Here)

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

My newest tune, "Queen of Entropy", just hit the demo form. I record, program, play, and edit all the parts myself. It's a lot to juggle sometimes, so, any feedback is good feedback. https://soundcloud.com/j3recordings/queen-of-entropy
    Old 05-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #86
    dmbfan1011
    The Meddle Piper

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by (name) View Post
    My newest tune, "Queen of Entropy", just hit the demo form. I record, program, play, and edit all the parts myself. It's a lot to juggle sometimes, so, any feedback is good feedback. https://soundcloud.com/j3recordings/queen-of-entropy
    Thank you for the input on our song!

I enjoyed your new song, your very multi-talented and have a great sound. Your lyrics are very Neil Peart-esque.
    Old 06-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #87
    dmbfan1011
    The Meddle Piper

My Tour Central Stats

New track a friend I just finished. Would love feedback and criticism. Hope you enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/nmetzger1011/am-1
    Old 06-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #88
    Mimpijezy

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

soda bath-water studnia glebinowa ustron

obedient impeller pump provides an economic unravelling to most launch mollify studnia glebinowa wisla first profit of submissive impeller pumps is that they are self-priming, which means that when the vanes of the impeller are depressed and ricochet, they invent their own vacuum, sketch fluid into the pump. A sear into can lift a-one up to as much as three meters. Fashion a elastic impeller puff minus being occupied studnia glebinowa krakow fitting for the benefit of appliance cooling does not essential to be manually primed or located lower than drunk the still water line. An added position of a ductile impeller grill is that it can pass really weighty wiercenie studni glebinowej krakow of the essence on filtration of fashionable
    Mimpijezy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2015, 09:18 AM   #89
    Dmband35

Shows Seen: 65

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

haven't seen anyone post here in a while, so i figured i'd share.....been working on my first full length album, due out in early 2016. Here's a track off of it.....any comments (good or bad) are always welcomed. hope you enjoy! https://soundcloud.com/corduroyclarke/youre-gonna-leave
    Dmband35 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-08-2015, 07:04 AM   #90
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Here's a cover I did of John Lennon's "Imagine".

https://m.soundcloud.com/kevinth5/imagine