No 2017 Tour - Page 13 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-05-2016, 08:16 AM   #361
bwags

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: No 2017 Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
That's the big one I remember. I think there's one more where he calls them out. Anyway, it doesn't look like they're going to be holding hands and singing Kumbaya anytime soon.
Kelly has had his screws loose for close to 10 years. Perhaps his/their support of the band helped them out in the early days, but the momentum DMB had in 93 and 94...they were a freight train.

Last edited by bwags; 02-05-2016 at 08:18 AM.
bwags is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-05-2016, 08:20 AM   #362
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nick997k View Post
    If this really were "the end" for the band, don't you think the management would be promoting the hell out of this tour?
    I think there's a lot of uncertainty within management. I bet there's uncertainty that goes all the way to the top of this whole enterprise. Dave is probably conflicted
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-06-2016, 07:27 AM   #363
    SmoothD41
    Hoosiers

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Did I miss something that's leading some to believe that this could very well be the final tour ever? Or is it just a creation and a feeling made up by the handful of usual jaded vets that still post in DMBc? All I see is "We will take a break from touring in 2017." I feel like it would be worded quite a bit differently if this was, in fact, the final tour. As someone else mentioned, they would be promoting the hell out of this as a farewell tour and trying to make even more money than normal if this was it.

I think after 25 consecutive summers on the road together (which is just completely absurd to say out loud), they are simply just taking a break to recharge, get away from each other, just stepping away from the DMB machine for a little while. Even making millions and millions of dollars every summer, you would still get tired of the same old people, same old bus, same old songs, same old routine, same old shit. I've been clamoring for them to take a break for over 10 years now. I see it as a great thing.

SmoothD41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-06-2016, 07:50 AM   #364
    ants_marching55

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmoothD41 View Post
    Did I miss something that's leading some to believe that this could very well be the final tour ever? Or is it just a creation and a feeling made up by the handful of usual jaded vets that still post in DMBc? All I see is "We will take a break from touring in 2017." I feel like it would be worded quite a bit differently if this was, in fact, the final tour. As someone else mentioned, they would be promoting the hell out of this as a farewell tour and trying to make even more money than normal if this was it.

I think after 25 consecutive summers on the road together (which is just completely absurd to say out loud), they are simply just taking a break to recharge, get away from each other, just stepping away from the DMB machine for a little while. Even making millions and millions of dollars every summer, you would still get tired of the same old people, same old bus, same old songs, same old routine, same old shit. I've been clamoring for them to take a break for over 10 years now. I see it as a great thing.

Smartest post in this thread. I feel the exact same way. 25 years is 25 years. Dave's voice, Boyd's wrist, and just all of Carter...

A full year off will do all of them wonders. I do think these types of tours with 45-50 shows they are done with. But in 2018 they could do 20 shows with festival appearances. Or please just go back to caravans lol.
    ants_marching55 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2016, 06:44 AM   #365
    gia_rootdivine
    our sacred dances true

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Yes ^^ There will be many ways that they can continue to have concerts as well as plan when not to have them that will work.

it may partially be why they have done the two set format both to test how much people like the acoustic setup, to put less wear on them while also allowing the songs to feel very new as well as feeling more familiar to followers from the earlier days.... and then also that some day they will be bringing back opening sets by other groups allowing their own portion of the concert to be perhaps gradually get shorter by a few songs five or so years from now.
    gia_rootdivine is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #366
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

Shows Seen: 74

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

quit thinking logical

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    Rozz, you are always partying, even when you're not
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    We all go a little Rozz sometimes
    ramiro24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2016, 10:56 AM   #367
    YankeesDMB41
    King Tailgate I

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Someone using their brain...that's refreshing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2016, 12:07 PM   #368
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Yea! That utter speculation is true! The other utter speculation is false!
    Old 05-12-2016, 04:52 AM   #369
    Jake C

Shows Seen: 106

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Since Boyd has confirmed a 2018 tour. http://antsmarching.org/news/2016/05...e-Back-in-2018

I will venture a guess and say a few less dates, some smaller venues, and higher ticket prices.

- J
    Jake C is offline   Reply With Quote