Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (December 16th, 2016) - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #61
TMoore4075
RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (December 16th, 2016)

Yes the Rebels Universe is canon as is 1-3 and the clone wars cartoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #62
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
    Yeah this. This wouldn't make any sense. I don't care if it's in the book or whatever it would be dumb to see him come back to life.
    Maul does come back to life in Rebels. They get his body and reattach him and use that space age technology to make him one again. Dumb but possible given Star Wars is science fiction.

I do know that after Ep 1, Lucas admitted he wouldn't have killed Maul off had he known how much the fanbase loved him. I wonder if this is Disney's way of rectifying that, that is IF that is Maul.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2016, 11:01 AM   #63
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

The problem with bringing Maul back though is they'd have to kill him off again. Would be kinda lame to have him die twice in the movies. I bet his return and exit will all be kept in Rebels.
    Old 04-07-2016, 11:02 AM   #64
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    I thought that to, but then I re-read his post and it says the Rebels universe. Quick question, in the Rebels Universe did Episodes I-III happen?
    Yes, Episode I-III are canon and Rebels is canon. Rebels takes place between Sith and Hope, and it's in the same universe. 14 years after Sith and 5 years before Hope.

Quote:
    So they healed him after he was chopped in half and fell down that hole? lol
    Basically, when Maul fell down that hole he used the Force to grab on to something, and was eventually dumped into a junkyard (his remains). Sidious took on Maul as his new apprentice after the death of Dooku. His body was repaired with cybernetics. At one point he even had spider-robot legs.

That’s a REALLY short version of it, a lot more happened and it’s a much bigger story than “oh, he came back to life”.

Quote:
    it would be dumb to see him come back to life.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    Would be kinda lame to have him die twice in the movies.
    He technically didn’t die.

Last edited by chadizzy1; 04-07-2016 at 11:04 AM.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2016, 11:05 AM   #65
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    He technically didn’t die.
    But the majority of common movie fans aren't going to have seen the cartoons. To them, Maul never came back in Rebels.
    Old 04-07-2016, 11:07 AM   #66
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Maul does come back to life in Rebels. They get his body and reattach him and use that space age technology to make him one again. Dumb but possible given Star Wars is science fiction.

I do know that after Ep 1, Lucas admitted he wouldn't have killed Maul off had he known how much the fanbase loved him. I wonder if this is Disney's way of rectifying that, that is IF that is Maul.
    I hadn't heard that about Lucas. I think it would been better to just keep him and have him be the apprentice until Vader. Would have been more dramatic when Anakin killed him.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2016, 11:09 AM   #67
    recentlyJTR41
    Boognish

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

That's a cool way to survive and I'm not trying to be a dick at all but casual fans won't buy that or believe it whatsoever so idk if bringing him back would be that good of an idea. Even though he was cool as shit.
    Old 04-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #68
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

anyone mention how crazy similar Jyn Erso looks to young Leia?

possible force sensitive cousin?

Last edited by justink; 04-07-2016 at 11:20 AM.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2016, 11:23 AM   #69
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That's a cool way to survive and I'm not trying to be a dick at all but casual fans won't buy that or believe it whatsoever so idk if bringing him back would be that good of an idea. Even though he was cool as shit.
    It would be difficult but I'm sure they can work him in with a brief explanation in the movie somehow. Someone could say "Vader isn't the first person that has been pieced together from the brink of death" and Maul walks in or something.

To your point though, I agree, I wouldn't bring him back due to the casual fan who doesn't take in the extended universe stuff.
    Old 04-07-2016, 11:23 AM   #70
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I think that if they brought back Maul, people would fucking flip out and not really care how/why as much as they care that he's back.
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2016, 11:27 AM   #71
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    But the majority of common movie fans aren't going to have seen the cartoons. To them, Maul never came back in Rebels.
    Not saying they are a majority, but I think you underestimate how many Star Wars fans follow and love all things Star Wars, not just the movies. But also, I'm sure they'd throw some dialogue or flashback in there explaining what happened to him.

Quote:
    People are already buying that there was a futuristic universe a long time ago, where a guy got a new hand, another guy had a suit made so he could breathe, where many people can do anything they want just by thinking about it, etc. I think a guy surviving being chopped in half will be fine..
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #72
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    People are already buying that there was a futuristic universe a long time ago, where a guy got a new hand, another guy had a suit made so he could breathe, where many people can do anything they want just by thinking about it, etc. I think a guy surviving being chopped in half will be fine..
    Real good point
    Old 04-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #73
    smokew11
    1-0

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    not being a dick at all, youre 100% right

I wouldnt call myself a casual fan in that I watched these movies literally every single day as a kid, still have hundred of the action figures, the Falcon, an Xwing, even the Death Star at my parents basement, read a couple of the books and had about 50 comics...but I never watched rebels or anything else. To me, Maul is dead.
    Quote:

this is the same justification people use against those of us who say "that would never happen" in a show like the WD. Whatever the genre is, we've bought into the world they've created, and that world needs to have certain laws. Maul was cut in half by a lightsaber, then fell down an all-too familiar shaft. He's dead. Bring him back, we may as well bring back Mace Windu, Palpatine, Han, cuz fuck it why not?
    Old 04-07-2016, 12:34 PM   #74
    smokew11
    1-0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I wouldnt call myself a casual fan in that I watched these movies literally every single day as a kid, still have hundred of the action figures, the Falcon, an Xwing, even the Death Star at my parents basement, read a couple of the books and had about 50 comics...but I never watched rebels or anything else. To me, Maul is dead.
    Quote:

this is the same justification people use against those of us who say "that would never happen" in a show like the WD. Whatever the genre is, we've bought into the world they've created, and that world needs to have certain laws. Maul was cut in half by a lightsaber, then fell down an all-too familiar shaft. He's dead. Bring him back, we may as well bring back Mace Windu, Palpatine, Han, cuz fuck it why not?
    Old 04-07-2016, 12:36 PM   #75
    smokew11
    1-0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Quote:

Old 04-07-2016, 12:37 PM   #76
    smokew11
    1-0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Quote:

this is the same lame justification people use against those of us who say "that would never happen" in a show like the WD. Whatever the genre is, we've bought into the world they've created, and that world needs to have certain laws. Maul was cut in half by a lightsaber, then fell down an all-too familiar shaft. He's dead. Bring him back, we may as well bring back Mace Windu, Palpatine, Han, cuz fuck it why not?
    Old 04-07-2016, 12:43 PM   #77
    NextMovement41
    BBQ BEER FREEDOM

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Trailer looks sick
    Old 04-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #78
    zajDmB1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smokew11 View Post
    this is the same lame justification people use against those of us who say "that would never happen" in a show like the WD. Whatever the genre is, we've bought into the world they've created, and that world needs to have certain laws. Maul was cut in half by a lightsaber, then fell down an all-too familiar shaft. He's dead. Bring him back, we may as well bring back Mace Windu, Palpatine, Han, cuz fuck it why not?
    Because you're already accepting so much it doesn't really matter. If you actually looked at every flimsy plot or plot hole or lack of continuity, you shouldn't be watching these movies at all because they'd be terrible.

Not to mention, the 'world they created' most certainly allows for a guy's (a guy with the force, no less) legs to be reattached, or get mechanical legs, whatever happened in the cartoons. Hell, we can do that now in real life to a degree.

Last edited by zajDmB1; 04-07-2016 at 01:08 PM.
    Old 04-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #79
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Luke also fell down a shaft of sorts in Empire. And survived.
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #80
    thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

palpatine wasn't even cut in half. he should come back for episode 8

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2016, 01:23 PM   #81
    zajDmB1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    palpatine wasn't even cut in half. he should come back for episode 8
    If he was a cool old dude, he probably would.

Also, people 'dying' as a misdirection and coming back is not some new thing. That plot device has been used countless times in probably every fictional world ever created.

Didn't that even happen in the WWF/WCW back in the 90s? With Undertaker or Sting or something?
    Old 04-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #82
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

the problem with maul is that his death matters hugely to the plot. it helps obi wan's growth and opens up a spot for anakin to be palpatine's apprentice

Old 04-07-2016, 01:27 PM   #83
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

the problem with maul is that his death matters hugely to the plot. it helps obi wan's growth and opens up a spot for anakin to be palpatine's apprentice

Old 04-07-2016, 01:32 PM   #84
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Because Windu and Han died. Maul survived past Episode 1. You don't have to like that it happened, but it happened.

If they didn't want the cartoons and comic books to be canon then they wouldn't be.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]

Last edited by DMBZeppelin; 04-07-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    DMBZeppelin is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #85
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm not sure how that's a problem. The cartoons don't ignore the events of the movie. The same things happened. In the cartoon he was still cut in half, and it opened up a spot for Anakin.

They could have wiped out the cartoon when they got rid of everything, but I assume they made it canon for a reason.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #86
    zajDmB1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't know the backstory, so I can't really speak to this accurately, but I'm assuming it's not that he just popped out of the hole immediately and got new legs. So whether his death was real or perceived, those plot lines can happen regardless.
    Old 04-07-2016, 01:42 PM   #87
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

maul was retconned into surviving episode 1

Old 04-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #88
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

maul was retconned into surviving episode 1

Old 04-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #89
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't know the backstory, so I can't really speak to this accurately, but I'm assuming it's not that he just popped out of the hole immediately and got new legs. So whether his death was real or perceived, those plot lines can happen regardless.
    It wasn't immediately at all. There's a lot that happened around that story, especially after.
    Old 04-07-2016, 01:52 PM   #90
    Gene Parmesan

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

After viewing the trailer a few times, it seems much more of a grown-up movie. No droids or, thank god, Jar Jars. Wonder how this will play out for the younger kids that won't know any of these characters except maybe an extended DV cameo.
    Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote