**The Official Gamers Thread** - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #31
Balor3012

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **The Official Gamers Thread**

NBA 2K12, Arkham City, Skyrim are all on my list to buy this year

Resistance 3 just came out and looks pretty sick
Balor3012 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #32
    thestand
    Best Ever

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone who does have a gaming rig, mind posting the essentials? I just got mine this week, spent around $900 on it. I'd be comfortable calling it mid-range, as far as performance goes.

CPU: Intel i5 2500k overclocked to right about the 3.9 ghz range
    GPU: AMD Radeon 6870 1 GB
    Memory: 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600mhz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3

It really ended up being the best of both worlds, because I wanted a gaming PC, but also something that could handle the video editing demand that I have.
    Will in time both outpace and outlive you, Hail Satan!
    thestand is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #33
    pkrfan97

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

My release day buys for the remainder of the year:
    NHL '12 (360)
    Dark Souls (PS3)
    Battlefield 3 (360)
    MW3 (360)

Twisted Metal (PS3) used to be on the list, but it got pushed back to Valentine's Day a couple weeks ago.

Other games from this Fall I'm definitely buying (when I have the time to finish them):
    Gears of War 3
    Batman: Arkham City
    Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
    Uncharted 3
    Saints Row: The Third

Games in the "maybe" list (depending on reviews):
    Rage
    Need for Speed: The Run

This is an expensive year to be a gamer.
    Old 09-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #34
    Balor3012

Shows Seen: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    I was a big WoW nerd for about 5 years, just stopped playing about 6 months ago. I miss it but do not have the time to make it worth the money.
    My freshmen-sophomore years of high schools were big WoW years for me. Its kinda dumb to say, but it gets a pretty bad rap. One day I'll get back into it again
    Balor3012 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #35
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thestand View Post
    Have never gotten into Assassin's Creed. I played the first one, and wad just so turned off by the gameplay/mechanics. I know the ones since then are much much better, but they just don't intrigue me. I've watched friends play them/watched let's plays of them, but eh.

I'm also really not a Halo guy at all. Story is interesting in as much as it's a true FPS that actually has a story, but I've never gotten into the Halo canon or all of that. If I want space epic, I'll turn to Commander Shepard, not Master Chief. I own Halo 3, ODST, and I have Reach because of the beta testing I do for Microsoft.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rodey View Post
    I still have the first Assassins Creed, which I'm halfway through. I should probably get around to beating it and move on to the others.

Assassin's Creed 1's gameplay is definitely terrible...and it is also repetitive. I felt lost through the first half, wondering if there was any point to the story. In the 2nd half of the game, it starts getting deep....you start having "Wait...da fuck?" moments, and it 100% crescendos like crazy in AC2.

The story is so appealing to me! I won't go into any other details other than it deals with a prior civilization, something I've read up on in theories elsewhere. It is also known as Civilization One. So intriguing!

The gameplay improves by leaps in bounds in AC2, and becomes legit fun. Compared to laborious and pained at times in AC1. I'm not just saying that, because I was a doubter after AC1 as well. AC2 is great. Brotherhood is a great extension of AC2.

I love the character development both with Desmond (modern day guy) and Ezio (1500's Italy ancestor) in AC2. The character development sucked in AC1 as well, until the end.

Great franchise. The secrets and how it relates to modern day is mind-enveloping. Fun stuff.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #36
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Going to buy a new 360 in late Oct. to get ready for MW3. It's been far too long since I played.
    Considering stopping after my #100 show. Should I?
    AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:06 AM   #37
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luccic12 View Post
    My freshmen-sophomore years of high schools were big WoW years for me. Its kinda dumb to say, but it gets a pretty bad rap. One day I'll get back into it again
    Yeah, it really does get a bad rep. Mainly due to the "types" of players that play MMO's but really, it is SUCH a wide variety of people that play, not all are dungeon dweller mouth breathers. I met so many different people over the years that I played. And the fact that you can have such different play styles at your hands is great. I always ran a lot of raids, and ended up not having the time to do it anymore so I found it pointless - when, in reality, I could just pick a different style of play (either solo leveling toons or PvP) and be able to moderate my time because I won't have people depending on me as much.

Sigh...talking about it just really makes me want to get back into it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
    Going to buy a new 360 in late Oct. to get ready for MW3. It's been far too long since I played.
    You better give me your gamertag when you do. It's on, like donkey kong.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.

Last edited by dmbetc; 09-08-2011 at 06:08 AM.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:12 AM   #38
    nieds05
    Go Big Red!

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Which upcoming release are you looking forward to the most?

For me, it will probably be Halo 4 and the anniversary release. I took a step away from Halo and didn't get reach so it has been awhile since I have played any halo game (although, I did just re-buy Halo 3 because my nephew got it with his new xbox)

Obviously MW3 is up on the list for me, but I feel like I want to take a break from Call of Duty franchise anyway..at least multiplayer. We'll see.

Also, Assassins Creed. I've loved this franchise, always keeps me busy and the added multiplayer in Brotherhood was a lot of fun.

Lots of good stuff coming out, What can't you wait to get your hands on?
    Here are my top 3 games this fall.

1. Uncharted 3
    2. Skyrim
    3. Batman: Arkham City

Way too many good games coming out.

Here are my gamertags, feel free to add me.

PSN: Nieds
    XBL: gregnied

Last edited by nieds05; 09-08-2011 at 06:16 AM.
    nieds05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 AM   #39
    nieds05
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Me neither, going to continue to be the best sports game out there.

I was a big WoW nerd for about 5 years, just stopped playing about 6 months ago. I miss it but do not have the time to make it worth the money.
    I finally kicked that habit myself this spring. So glad to be rid of it, I deleted ALL of my characters this time so the chance of me getting back into it is slim to none.
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:16 AM   #40
    maxpower00044
    You mustn't touch

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Arkham City
    Uncharted 3
    BF3
    Metal Gear HD Remix

PSN: Max_Power--
    maxpower00044 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:25 AM   #41
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nieds05 View Post
    I finally kicked that habit myself this spring. So glad to be rid of it, I deleted ALL of my characters this time so the chance of me getting back into it is slim to none.
    Wow. I don't have the power to delete all my characters. Even if I never play it ever again, I can not bring myself to officially lose all that time and effort I put into the characters. I feel like my main is truly a piece of me. I realize how completely nerdy that makes me sound, but I don't care

Quote:
    Go Kings Go.
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:33 AM   #42
    nieds05
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Wow. I don't have the power to delete all my characters. Even if I never play it ever again, I can not bring myself to officially lose all that time and effort I put into the characters. I feel like my main is truly a piece of me. I realize how completely nerdy that makes me sound, but I don't care
    No I understand that, this is the only MMO I have ever deleted my main... I had a sickening feeling with Square sent me an email telling me they were wiping my FFXI account because of no activity. I put so much damn time into that game.
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #43
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

My Tour Central Stats

There literally has not been shit released this summer for the 360. At least not anything that really, really warrants buying.
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #44
    Crush086
    Eyes Wide Open

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, it really does get a bad rep. Mainly due to the "types" of players that play MMO's
    I can probably say I'm similar to you, but in the Call of Duty sense than WoW (never been into computer games). I know I've mentioned it several times in the BO thread, but I have quite a bit of playtime on BO. Like almost a month's worth of playtime (26 days I believe), and needless to say it leads to alot of trash talk and all that when I'm playing, especially if we beat the hell out of the other team. I've heard it all, virgin, lives with the parents, unemployed welfare recipient, etc.

The irony of it though is that I workout 4-5 times a week, know more about nutrition than a probable good majority of the people I'm harassed by, live on my own and am one of the top employees in my line of work. That's not to brag or anything (and who really cares on the internet anyways), but I'm definitely not the kind of person you'd expect when you see the stats on Black Ops.

I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan too, and dig RPGs in general. But the point of all that gibberish above is that if it's something you really enjoy, then fuck the haters. At the end of the day life is too short to be concerned with some random person's perception of you.

I actually have very few games though. I'm usually not concerned with something short that'll take like 8-10 hours to finish. I'm more concerned with a solid story and replay value. I've had my 360 for about a year and have bought 4 games: Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy 13 (I might be one of the few that liked it lol), Fallout: NV and BO of course. I'll probably get the new Madden this weekend, and outside of that the games I think I'm most concerned with this year are Skyrim, GoW3 and MW3.

I'm thinking about getting a PS3 again too. Not sure on that though.
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #45
    ~Crashintome89~
    gregdog love in pa

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Yeah same here. I mean 2k11 is alright but I haven't played it in months.
    I still play MLB2k7, the one with Jeter on the cover.
    Claude Giroux is a national treasure.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brohan Santana
    Can someone please tell me what a Gordie Howe Hat Trick is?
    ~Crashintome89~ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #46
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nieds05 View Post
    No I understand that, this is the only MMO I have ever deleted my main... I had a sickening feeling with Square sent me an email telling me they were wiping my FFXI account because of no activity. I put so much damn time into that game.
    WoW is the only MMO I have ever played. It is usually not my style of game, but I was watching a friend play it about 6 years ago and it looked intriguing so I gave it a shot and never looked back. There were times where I defiantly could have been doing better things instead of sitting at my computer for hours, but I do not regret a second of it.

Quote:
    There literally has not been shit released this summer for the 360. At least not anything that really, really warrants buying.
    Summer time is never a good time for video games....Holiday season is when you look for the big releases.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crush086 View Post
    I can probably say I'm similar to you, but in the Call of Duty sense than WoW (never been into computer games). I know I've mentioned it several times in the BO thread, but I have quite a bit of playtime on BO. Like almost a month's worth of playtime (26 days I believe), and needless to say it leads to alot of trash talk and all that when I'm playing, especially if we beat the hell out of the other team. I've heard it all, virgin, lives with the parents, unemployed welfare recipient, etc.

The irony of it though is that I workout 4-5 times a week, know more about nutrition than a probable good majority of the people I'm harassed by, live on my own and am one of the top employees in my line of work. That's not to brag or anything (and who really cares on the internet anyways), but I'm definitely not the kind of person you'd expect when you see the stats on Black Ops.

I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan too, and dig RPGs in general. But the point of all that gibberish above is that if it's something you really enjoy, then fuck the haters. At the end of the day life is too short to be concerned with some random person's perception of you.

I actually have very few games though. I'm usually not concerned with something short that'll take like 8-10 hours to finish. I'm more concerned with a solid story and replay value. I've had my 360 for about a year and have bought 4 games: Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy 13 (I might be one of the few that liked it lol), Fallout: NV and BO of course. I'll probably get the new Madden this weekend, and outside of that the games I think I'm most concerned with this year are Skyrim, GoW3 and MW3.

I'm thinking about getting a PS3 again too. Not sure on that though.
    As a girl-gamer, I am used to trash talk, believe me. I've heard it for years, ever since I was a casual gamer. People telling me that I am not good just cause I'm a girl. People hitting on me because I am a girl, and I have learned to just ignore it, mute them and continue having fun because it is not worth the energy nor do I want them to take away the fun of my games I play due to haters.

Quote:
    Go Kings Go.

Last edited by dmbetc; 09-08-2011 at 07:06 AM.
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #47
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Summer time never a good time for video games...Holiday season is when you look for the big releases.
    I guess. Usually though there's at least a few games that warrant getting during the summer months. The only thing this year was LA Noire and that ended up being kind of meh.

I'm just waiting for the announcement of GTA V and hoping that it's an early 2012 release.
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #48
    rickyh24
    GOAT

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ View Post
    I still play MLB2k7, the one with Jeter on the cover.
    I would probably play 2k12 a little bit if I hadn't bought so much since then. It's just never a game I feel like playing at this point. I don't even play for an hour a day though so it's hard to fit a lot of games in my rotation.
    rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #49
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm just waiting for the announcement of GTA V and hoping that it's an early 2012 release.
    Another game I just stopped playing. I still haven't finished IV.
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #50
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Another game I just stopped playing. I still haven't finished IV.
    Me too. Got way too repetitive.

Quote:
    Go Kings Go.
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #51
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

IV was easily the best in the series. Surprised you guys never finished it. There's so much to do in that game.
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:21 AM   #52
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Me too. Got way too repetitive.
    Ya I felt the missions were the same thing over and over again. The game as a whole was great though. I guess that is just the wat GTA is at this point though.
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #53
    ProudestAnt
    Buck Nasty

Shows Seen: 8

My Tour Central Stats

12 days until Gears 3...
    ProudestAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #54
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ProudestAnt View Post
    12 days until Gears 3...
    Not going to be leaving my house a lot between that and NHL 12.
    Old 09-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #55
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

I didn't play the first Gears and got to the very end, but never beat 2.
    Old 09-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #56
    maxpower00044
    You mustn't touch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    IV was easily the best in the series. Surprised you guys never finished it. There's so much to do in that game.
    Vice City or San Andreas > IV

Old 09-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #57
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Vice City or San Andreas > IV
    I'd agree in terms of story and shit. But not gameplay wise.
    Old 09-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #58
    maxpower00044
    You mustn't touch

My Tour Central Stats

^ San Andreas was the most innovative of the bunch. Yea, IV stepped all of it up a notch, but most of the features were born on San Andreas.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, though. IV was awesome and look foward to V. Hopefully, they use the same facial animation techniques as LA Noire.

Last edited by maxpower00044; 09-08-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    Old 09-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #59
    maxpower00044
    You mustn't touch

My Tour Central Stats

One point that bugged the shit out me on IV, was when Niko would slide into cover, in a suit, on concrete. That shit would ruin your suit, and your knee caps.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #60
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    One point that bugged the shit out me on IV, was when Niko would slide into cover, in a suit, on concrete. That shit would ruin your suit, and your knee caps.

I really didn't like Niko as a character, I don't know why. In fact, I didn't really get into the whole IV storyline. That said, I did like most of the missions and all of the stuff you were able to do. If I had things my way, I would definitely want them to go back to the Vice City era and do another something with that. It's the most appealing to me. Though, the rumors have been that V will be returning to San Andreas and I would be fine with that too. I love San Andreas as a whole.