Office Annoyances - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 11-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #91
DMBfan14567
Priceless!

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Office Annoyances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Night View Post
I've actually used the Purell a couple of times, its funky.
I have a Purell bottle sitting on my desk, I think I'm obsessed with it, I use it at least twice a day.

So today was fun...my boss was out for the afternoon and left me in charge. I think it pissed off a couple of my coworkers though, because I got the cold shoulder from one of them (I made sure to give her all the shitty files after that) and the other one refused to acknowlege that I was giving her the work and was responsible for the dept.

But at the end of the day, ever title got sent out that needed to go, everyone had about an equal share of work (minus pissy girl - she got dumped on) and I had numerous comments from coworkers and supervisors that I did a good job and was calm and efficient all day.
DMBfan14567 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #92
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Today I had a lady e-mail me and address me by the wrong name; you should never fuck that up. She called me Nathan instead of Nick, I have half a mind not to respond being she fucked up who she was addressing.
    Old 11-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #93
    MacGuyver
    Richard D. Anderson

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

How would all of you office guys handle this?

I basically had a senior guy bash me to shreds in an email over a mistake that HE made. Its brutally obvious that in the email itself, the mistake is easily traced back to him. However, I look like shit and the email went to the president of our company.

I've already spoken to the senior guy on the phone yesterday about it... and he acknowledged that he wasn't sure whose fault it is and the since he didn't have his computer on in front of him, he would take a look at it. I asked him to send an apology to myself and to the president clearing things up, but he hasn't up to now.

He's supposed to come up today for a meeting, and I'm tempted to just unleash on this guy. Just go nuts. Or should I just go to the Pres one on one and clear it up with him personally? I know thats the real responsible way to handle it... but.... the senior guy has treated me like a pile of nothing since I have gotten here and this is a somewhat legitimate way to exact some revenge.
    MacGuyver is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #94
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacGuyver View Post
    How would all of you office guys handle this?

I basically had a senior guy bash me to shreds in an email over a mistake that HE made. Its brutally obvious that in the email itself, the mistake is easily traced back to him. However, I look like shit and the email went to the president of our company.

I've already spoken to the senior guy on the phone yesterday about it... and he acknowledged that he wasn't sure whose fault it is and the since he didn't have his computer on in front of him, he would take a look at it. I asked him to send an apology to myself and to the president clearing things up, but he hasn't up to now.

He's supposed to come up today for a meeting, and I'm tempted to just unleash on this guy. Just go nuts. Or should I just go to the Pres one on one and clear it up with him personally? I know thats the real responsible way to handle it... but.... the senior guy has treated me like a pile of nothing since I have gotten here and this is a somewhat legitimate way to exact some revenge.
    I had some bitch from Dallas chastise me over e-mail because she wasn’t satisfied with what I had done for her, even though I solved the problem we were dealing with in the manner that was required. Rather than jeopardize my job by calling her a cunt over e-mail, I forwarded the e-mail chain to my boss and he ripped her a new vaginal opening. After yelling at her on the phone my boss comes over to my desk and goes, “Who the fuck does she think she is? I told that bitch if she ever has a problem with the way things are being handled she is to come straight to me. No fucking bitch gets my employees all flustered because she’s riding the tampax express this week”. My boss is originally from New York, he likes to yell, he goes to bat for his employees, it’s a great thing.

But, for your situation, for the long run I’d go to your president and straighten it out with him, even though it would feel really good to tear that fuck that implicated you incorrectly a new asshole.
    Old 11-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #95
    MacGuyver
    Richard D. Anderson

My Tour Central Stats

yeah i've resigned myself to doing that. but damn it would feel great to just rip into him.
    Old 11-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #96
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    yeah i've resigned myself to doing that. but damn it would feel great to just rip into him.
    I'm with ya, nothing is a better reliever of stress than a verbal beat down
    Old 11-22-2006, 01:00 PM   #97
    BDJCL3
    Piss on you Wyatt

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nick@Night View Post
    Do you chuck a flaming roll of ass-wipe in their general direction?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DontStonethePig View Post
    Tapers are Gods among drunks... thank you tapers for letting us re-live our shows
    BDJCL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #98
    marlin1805
    Strange Condition

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've always stood up for myself and stepped on anyone that has tried to step on me. It works, at least from my experience. People need to be intimidated and worried about stepping on your toes, especially in an office environment. Showing weakness/softness at work will murder anyones career.
    marlin1805 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-28-2006, 09:18 AM   #99
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

In today’s episode, I come in to work this morning and log on to my computer as always……and that’s as far as it goes. Something is fucked up with my employee ID and now I only have access to e-mail and internet, not to the other 10+ applications I use on a daily basis for my job. I called tech support and the guy had no clue what I was talking about and opened a ‘help ticket’ that goes to another group to research the problem. I have no idea how long that will take, but I hate having to sit here with a screen that is obviously not geared towards work (I can usually blend in the internet with other applications so it looks like I’m being productive). I’m considering going home at the half day mark if things don’t improve, but I’m afraid I would have to take PTO and there’s no way that’s happening, I’d rather sit here.
    Old 11-28-2006, 10:53 AM   #100
    marlin1805
    Strange Condition

My Tour Central Stats

"Help Tickets" are the dumbest invention ever
    Old 11-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #101
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marlin1805 View Post
    "Help Tickets" are the dumbest invention ever
    It should be called a "someone else might take care of this" ticket
    Old 12-01-2006, 07:34 AM   #102
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

There is a lady who sits a row over from me who has her headphones so loud while she is listening to them that I can hear it……she must be deaf.
    Old 12-01-2006, 07:41 AM   #103
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

A lot of shit annoys you, Nick.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2006, 08:09 AM   #104
    MacGuyver
    Richard D. Anderson

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    indeed....

but its still entertaining.
    Old 12-01-2006, 08:22 AM   #105
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    I blame this office environment, if I had more privacy I wouldn’t be half as hateful towards the shit that goes on here, its like living with 200 annoying roommates. I also found out my sister is probably going to lose her pregnancy so that doesn't help my mood any.
    Old 12-01-2006, 08:31 AM   #106
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

Shows Seen: 107

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

I have to agree with Nick on this one, though. Working in an area where you don't have a door/any privacy is annoying as all hell. people talk to you, even if you are clearly swamped, and they ask you to do mundane things.

i'm sorry, I'm currently doing paperwork so I can get the department half a dozen million dollars. What was that? You need me to make up a spreadsheet of all the things you've ordered in the past month? What was that, fuck off? That's what I thought, too.
    Calm down, 12.
    dmbgodagirl41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #107
    meredithpaull

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

First, Nick I am SO SORRY about your sister.

Second, I sit in a 2 walled "cubicle" outside two fairly high profile people (people who's boss is the CEO). I don't really work in either of their groups/teams but since I sit there people are constantly assuming I'm admin. assistants and will ask where they are or when they're free and look at me like an idiot when i say "i have no clue where they are or if they're coming in today..."
    Old 12-01-2006, 08:37 AM   #108
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by meredithpaull View Post

Second, I sit in a 2 walled "cubicle" outside two fairly high profile people (people who's boss is the CEO). I don't really work in either of their groups/teams but since I sit there people are constantly assuming I'm admin. assistants and will ask where they are or when they're free and look at me like an idiot when i say "i have no clue where they are or if they're coming in today..."
    That's the WORST. Do I LOOK like a baby sitter?
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 12-01-2006, 08:52 AM   #109
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by meredithpaull View Post

Thanks, Meredith, I hope my sister is strong enough to accept what is going to happen.

On the note of you looking like the admin, I suggest you make a sign on your desk that says, “Sorry, I do not know where the fuck anyone who sits around me is today, it’s none of my concern.”
    Old 12-01-2006, 08:53 AM   #110
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, I'm sorry, too Nick. Your sister is in my thoughts.

Oooh I should make that sign, too!
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 12-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #111
    SmoothG

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbgodagirl41 View Post
    I have to agree with Nick on this one, though. Working in an area where you don't have a door/any privacy is annoying as all hell. people talk to you, even if you are clearly swamped, and they ask you to do mundane things.

i'm sorry, I'm currently doing paperwork so I can get the department half a dozen million dollars. What was that? You need me to make up a spreadsheet of all the things you've ordered in the past month? What was that, fuck off? That's what I thought, too.
    Is that part of your job description? If it is there is no reason to bitch regardless if you have other stuff to do. If there is more important stuff to do...then tell them you'll get to it later. If it is not in your job description...tell them to find someone else to do it.
    SmoothG is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2006, 09:08 AM   #112
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmoothG View Post
    Is that part of your job description? If it is there is no reason to bitch regardless if you have other stuff to do. If there is more important stuff to do...then tell them you'll get to it later. If it is not in your job description...tell them to find someone else to do it.
    Nope, it's not. I do the ordering for all the doctors and lab techs, and post docs in the department, but if you want to keep track of what you've ordered, do it your effing self. I mean, I keep packing slips and order requests, but anything beyond that is their own wishes.

The PhD that asked me to do it just said "Katie, I have a meeting, and need to know what i ordered in th last month, could you make me a spreadsheet? thanks!" to which I said, "Sure, I'll get to it as soon as I can. Oh, and make sure you check the weather report this afternoon, cuz it'll be snowing in hell, too."

Edit: luckily, my boss was around when this PhD asked me to do it, and he (my boss) said, "Dude, she's not a frickin' secretary that is here to make your life better. She's the Administrator for the department. If you have a budget question or need a grant approval, you see her. Petty bullshit like her keeping track of your personal orders comes with when you become faculty here and get your own secretary. Katie's job is not 'departmental bitch'."
    Calm down, 12.

Last edited by dmbgodagirl41; 12-01-2006 at 09:10 AM.
    Old 12-01-2006, 09:13 AM   #113
    SmoothG

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbgodagirl41 View Post
    Nope, it's not. I do the ordering for all the doctors and lab techs, and post docs in the department, but if you want to keep track of what you've ordered, do it your effing self. I mean, I keep packing slips and order requests, but anything beyond that is their own wishes.

The PhD that asked me to do it just said "Katie, I have a meeting, and need to know what i ordered in th last month, could you make me a spreadsheet? thanks!" to which I said, "Sure, I'll get to it as soon as I can. Oh, and make sure you check the weather report this afternoon, cuz it'll be snowing in hell, too."

Edit: luckily, my boss was around when this PhD asked me to do it, and he (my boss) said, "Dude, she's not a frickin' secretary that is here to make your life better. She's the Administrator for the department. If you have a budget question or need a grant approval, you see her. Petty bullshit like her keeping track of your personal orders comes with when you become faculty here and get your own secretary. Katie's job is not 'departmental bitch'."
    Well, it is nice that you have a boss that will stick up for you! If someone asked me to do stuff like that and my boss wasn't there I would tell them to shove it up there ass! Honestly. Its nice to go out of your way to help...but if you have other more important stuff to do...I'd be point blank about telling them what to do with their shit work!
    SmoothG is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #114
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmoothG View Post
    Well, it is nice that you have a boss that will stick up for you! If someone asked me to do stuff like that and my boss wasn't there I would tell them to shove it up there ass! Honestly. Its nice to go out of your way to help...but if you have other more important stuff to do...I'd be point blank about telling them what to do with their shit work!
    Exactly, 100% of what I mean. If I seriously am just doing some filing or setting up meetings with department heads to go over budgets, and you need me to do something like that, I am more than happy to help. But if you can't even see the top of my desk and the floor around me is covered with guidelines...I'm frantically formatting things and emailng 10 people at once while on the phone....go away
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 12-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #115
    jeffrey13

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

My annoyance is that I am not able to work at this place or a place like this. Instead, I am stuck in a prison.

http://biz.yahoo.com/special/allbiz120606_article1.html
    jeffrey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-07-2006, 02:26 PM   #116
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Why they can't just let the admins in Stillwater(me) have the access to reset passwords for Lotus Notes. Why the hell do I have to send it to our California offices and then wait for them to clear the digest? I just want to do it myself and not wait all day just to set a damn password.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-07-2006, 02:28 PM   #117
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffrey13 View Post
    My annoyance is that I am not able to work at this place or a place like this. Instead, I am stuck in a prison.

http://biz.yahoo.com/special/allbiz120606_article1.html
    I’m working for the wrong corporation, Wells Fargo needs to get on this boat.
    Old 12-07-2006, 02:35 PM   #118
    marlin1805
    Strange Condition

My Tour Central Stats

I've heard good things about Wells Fargo actually ... what department do you work in?
    Old 12-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #119
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marlin1805 View Post
    I've heard good things about Wells Fargo actually ... what department do you work in?
    I work in the business unit called “Servicing Integration”, it’s a part of the mortgage venture. The benefits here are pretty sweet, but the work environment itself is stale, it’s the only complaint I have to go along with what I’m being paid.
    Old 12-07-2006, 03:04 PM   #120
    marlin1805
    Strange Condition

My Tour Central Stats

I work for one of your competitors and if you're in servicing, I can understand why you don't like working there. Servicing at my company involves people calling out that are late on their payments, and demanding to be paid, as well as handling upset borrowers and such. You should get into sales or WF, they just made #1 volume lender, I heard today.