308 Negra Arroyo Lane: Breaking Bad Appreciation - Page 223 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #6661
thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Breaking Bad *Use Spoiler Tags on ANY episode info that has not aired yet*

I think both Hank and Walt were kinda overplaying their hand in the garage. Both Hank's "I don't give a shit about family" and Walt's "tread lightly" seemed like they were effective, but I still don't really believe that either is willing to kill the other, at least right now. I think they both know that it'd be tough for Hank to actually nab Walt on anything, like Walt says.

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #6662
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luke7 View Post
    I'm a fan of both series but IMO Breaking Bad is and has always been better than Mad Men. Hopefully Breaking Bad will finally win an Emmy for best drama this final season.
    wait, I knew that Cranston's won for acting practically every single year, but the show itself has never won for Best Drama?? that's crazy

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #6663
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    Just finished up. God DAAAAAAAAAMN.

Certainly not to say that I predicted it or anything, but I'd had a funny feeling they were going to have Hank and Walt be aware of each other in this episode, and not drag that out over these last 8. It kind of reminds me how the Lost writers gave us the major answer of revealing exactly what the smoke monster was right near the start of the season 6 (aka last) premiere.

do we think that, even while by the end of the conversation he indicated that he did, but Jesse doesn't believe Walt about Mike still being alive?
    Yea there's no way. At this point I think Jesse's just worried about Walt killing him.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #6664
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    wait, I knew that Cranston's won for acting practically every single year, but the show itself has never won for Best Drama?? that's crazy
    Locked out during Mad Men's run, then Homeland last year.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #6665
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

but so, the stuff that Lydia was talking about... I guess this means there's no more of Walt's product anywhere around the Czech republic, that they're back to having whatever they had before, that was at best the like 65% purity? Thing is, I remember thinking even when they made that deal, that even if it wouldn't be now, obviously there'd be some point at which Walt would stop cooking, that even if he didn't feel pressured to do so, he'd simply want to retire. But you look at it from the Czech Rep's POV, and they're apparently getting a new drug that's light years beyond anything they've had before. So okay let's say even for the arguments sake that lasts up to a couple years, their area enjoys that level of product. After being with an inferior one for so long, you're talking about a major drug community, those people aren't simply going to be okay when it all runs out eventually (again, from the supposed Walt retirement). Meaning, this problem of Lydia's was always going to be completely inevitable.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #6666
    smokew11
    1-0

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    I think both Hank and Walt were kinda overplaying their hand in the garage. Both Hank's "I don't give a shit about family" and Walt's "tread lightly" seemed like they were effective, but I still don't really believe that either is willing to kill the other, at least right now. I think they both know that it'd be tough for Hank to actually nab Walt on anything, like Walt says.
    i love that all the cards are on the table. that was such a great confrontation, it completely met expectations

Quote:
    Yea there's no way. At this point I think Jesse's just worried about Walt killing him.
    yeah, Jesse has been legitimately scared that Walt would kill him for quite a while
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #6667
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smokew11 View Post
    Walt was pretty devastated when he 1st realized it. I was surprised at how calm and collected he was when he approached Hank. Even if Hank does take it into his own hands, he'll be dead inside having to face Jesse, Marie, etc. I LOVE all the dynamics
    I don't think he was that devastated at all. He was concerned about where the book went, but I never got the sense that he was panicked about it.
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #6668
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rodey View Post
    Is there any chance Jesse turns on Walt and starts working with Hank? Or would that be too typical for this show?

Something has to happen to make Walt actually fear for his life/freedom. From what we saw last night, Walt isn't scared in the least bit that Hank knows.
    I think that's where Lydia comes in.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #6669
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    I think that's where Lydia comes in.
    That is my initial thought as well. She's not going to react kindly to how he treated her at the car wash.
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #6670
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

I hope next week's cold open is just a continuation of the garage scene. I mean Walt leaving the house isn't gonna be a real simple process.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #6671
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

Shows Seen: 88

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Buzzfeed with a killer plot theory (get it?!?)...

http://t.co/qn1VEa08n6
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #6672
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I hope next week's cold open is just a continuation of the garage scene. I mean Walt leaving the house isn't gonna be a real simple process.
    Why do you say that? Because Hank wants to kick his ass more?
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #6673
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hank won't let him leave unless they come to some kind of understanding about what each other's next move is going to be.
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #6674
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42graystreet View Post
    Buzzfeed with a killer plot theory (get it?!?)...

http://t.co/qn1VEa08n6
    nah I don't buy that... I think that moment is more out of that that's just always what he's had done on his birthday, his bacon handled (teehee) like that. Skylar just wasn't there to do it then.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #6675
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    nah I don't buy that... I think that moment is more out of that that's just always what he's had done on his birthday, his bacon handled (teehee) like that. Skylar just wasn't there to do it then.
    I'm buying what this theory is selling. Fits too well into the trend.
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #6676
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    but so, the stuff that Lydia was talking about... I guess this means there's no more of Walt's product anywhere around the Czech republic, that they're back to having whatever they had before, that was at best the like 65% purity?
    I took that to mean that Walt, before "getting out of the game", left detailed instructions with Todd about how to do the cook... but Todd, not being the brightest bulb out there, couldn't really hack it and is now producing a far-inferior product.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #6677
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

I don't think Hank is the #1 threat to Walt at all right now.

The thought of Walt ricin-ing himself crossed my mind for a moment. However if his family is gone/dead and he's on the run/used Saul's guy to disappear with no one out there in the world left on his side, he could just kill himself in a multitude of ways besides going back to the house for ricin. Gotta be attempting to use it on someone else.
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #6678
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

if Walt WAS going to kill himself, why would he use the ricin? Isn't that a particular painful and drawn out way to go?

Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #6679
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    I don't think Hank is the #1 threat to Walt at all right now.

The thought of Walt ricin-ing himself crossed my mind for a moment. However if his family is gone/dead and he's on the run/used Saul's guy to disappear with no one out there in the world left on his side, he could just kill himself in a multitude of ways besides going back to the house for ricin. Gotta be attempting to use it on someone else.
    This was pretty much my line of thought. A Walt suicide would be a very powerful ending, but why come all the way back home to ricin yourself when there are countless other ways to do it?
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #6680
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

The main thing I really took away from last night was:

The house is locked up, so obviously Walt has been outed as Heisenberg. You can tell by the graffiti inside that it's common knowledge who he is. Also by Carol's reaction to seeing him. Which of course means by the end of the show someone will turn Walt in. Whether or not that is Hank remains to be seen, but common sense would point to it being Hank.

Walt coming back to visit shows that he has either 1) Faked his death (by using the "cancer"), or 2) Used Saul's "guy" to disappear.

He still has the gun in his trunk, looking brand new (so hasn't used it yet), and he went to get the ricin as well. Perhaps this is a sign that he's going to go out in a blaze of glory, take the ricin then use the gun for something, who knows. And maybe the ricin will be his backup in case he gets caught. Being high profile as he is now, I don't see him casually breaking bread with anyone and slipping it into their food.

Here's some of Vince Gilligan on last night's episode:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...lot-twist.html
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #6681
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    if Walt WAS going to kill himself, why would he use the ricin? Isn't that a particular painful and drawn out way to go?
    Almost completely undetectable, would look like the cancer killed him if it was still lingering around in his body. Better than blowing his brains out or any other clearly visible method of suicide, maybe saves face a little bit with his family and didn't seem like a coward who gave up on them
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #6682
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Am I alone in not buying into the "faking cancer reoccurring" ordeal? That might be one of the few lame ways for things to crumble or end.
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #6683
    cwsrule88

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    Am I alone in not buying into the "faking cancer reoccurring" ordeal? That might be one of the few lame ways for things to crumble or end.
    No I think its pretty obvious he's not faking it we already saw scenes from this episode of him getting the chemo?/radiation and him in the bathroom throwing up so I don't think he is faking.
    Old 08-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #6684
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Exactly. If Walt is faking it, he's not going to pretend to throw up in his bathroom by himself.
    Old 08-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #6685
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone post this?

http://video.vulture.com/video/Break...='Breaking Bad' 'Star Trek' Scene Animated

No spoliers at all. If you watched last night, you will LOVE this. Hilarious.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #6686
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    No, just that that conversation doesn't seem like it'd end with Walt saying "welp, catch you later! could you open the garage door for me?" and walking out.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #6687
    whygohome?
    BIG CAT WILLIE CAULEY

Location: Cawood Ledford Court at Rupp Arena in Lexington, KY

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Hank is not going to turn walt in. Hank is tied into walt financially, it would look terrible if it turned out his medical bills were paid with drug/blood money and all of a sudden hank is like "but i didnt know about that so let's arrest him and not look at me like i was in on it!" No one would believe hank didnt know.

Plus that's too easy. Jesse is going to end up turning Walt in and someone else tied to Gus is going to kill Skylar/Jr. Then Walt will come back to kill Jesse and fail and Jesse will walk away from everything with nothing.
    whygohome? is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #6688
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlpineValley804 View Post
    Anyone think AMC might treat us with a surprise and give us a 2 hour finale for Episode 8? I hope so.
    well Casey unless you mean that like they simply broadcast the last 2 hours of the show in the 7th week, I wouldn't exactly hold my breath for that. Obviously everything's been shot long ago by now, and they'd know they had the usual amount per episode. I think they'd of made it public by now if they'd planned to do that. With Lost we knew well ahead of time we were getting 2 hours.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #6689
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Anyone post this?

http://video.vulture.com/video/Break...='Breaking Bad' 'Star Trek' Scene Animated

No spoliers at all. If you watched last night, you will LOVE this. Hilarious.

holy crap that was put together fast. But damn, pretty funny.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #6690
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

Did anyone else have a lot of trouble understanding what Hank was saying in his argument with Walt? I had to rewind a couple times.