The Flash (CW Show) - Page 11 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-20-2016, 04:35 PM   #301
chadizzy1
Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Flash (CW Show)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...72257d0f00000f

"The premiere episode of The Flash: Season 3 will be titled "Flashpoint," series star Grant Gustin has revealed."
chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #302
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/12/t...st-in-costume/

Kid Flash in costume! Awesome.
    Old 07-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #303
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

He has become one of the better parts to the show. Looking forward to seeing him suit up! I hope Flash doesn't take a season 3 nose dive like Arrow did. I had my reservation last season, but I muscled through and managed to enjoy the rest of the season. Definitely a lot of fun...I just wish Arrow kept it together.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2016, 12:56 PM   #304
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

I actually think Wally is the worst. It's unfortunate because I really like Joe, but Wally tends to ruin every scene where he has a significant roll.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #305
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    I actually think Wally is the worst. It's unfortunate because I really like Joe, but Wally tends to ruin every scene where he has a significant roll.
    You think so? Something about him I liked. He definitely got handed some terrible dialogue. But then that's my biggest issue with the show. Just cheesy cookie cutter dialogue. Wells' daughter was the absolute worst. Good lord she was awful.
    Old 07-23-2016, 03:52 PM   #306
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...point-timeline

Spoilers about the new Flashpoint season

It sounds awesome
    Old 07-23-2016, 06:28 PM   #307
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Season 3 Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGQRbPERaU
    Old 07-23-2016, 10:21 PM   #308
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

That looks fucking awesome.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2016, 10:42 PM   #309
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Love the trailer, but I hope they don't drag this out the whole season.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-24-2016, 04:11 AM   #310
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Wow, that looked really good. Looking forward to Flashpoint big time. Hopefully it's done justice.
    Old 07-24-2016, 05:26 AM   #311
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    this has 440k views as of this post, whereas the Arrow trailer has 12k at the same time.

that tells you the difference between the two shows.
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #312
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

That looks great based off of that. Hopefully they can make it work.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-26-2016, 06:46 AM   #313
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Agreed with what everyone is saying, Flashpoint looks awesome and I can't wait for it! This show is better than The Arrow.
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-05-2016, 11:32 PM   #314
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I've finally gotten started with this, but let me be clear right away -- I've only finished thru 01x09 "The Man In The Yellow Suit" -- so please any replies try and keep that in mind for further spoilery info.

I guess my primary question so far, in the span inbetween when the Flash has his little rooftop meeting with Arrow at the end of the episode (which I think was ep2?) and the episode where the blond chick Felicity comes to Central City and she has that whole ongoing awkward flirty thing with Barry the whole time, were there any episodes in the Arrow series where Barry and/or Flash showed up over there? just because it felt right away that Felicity and Barry had this established sort of history/friendship that threw me at first, I was looking thru the episode menu on netflix to make sure I didn't miss an episode somehow. Although, I'd certainly hope the producers would be smart enough not to make it to where I had to also be watching all of Arrow to fully get everything on the Flash.

and I'm sooooooo glad they did NOT draw out the Barry/Iris thing. like I won't be at all surprised if by the end of season 1 she still doesn't know he's the flash, but at the very least that they already had him being honest with her about being in love. That impressed me, plenty of other shows would keep that going much longer and it can be infuriating.
    Plus the guy who plays Eddie, this is the first thing I've ever seen him in but damn does he have a really great, deep sort of radio voice. He could almost be another trailer voice-over guy.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-06-2016, 01:20 AM   #315
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Arrow and Flash crossover usually once or twice a season I think. But Barry made his first appearance on Arrow where he and Felicity had an awkward crush type romance. So when she shows up for the first time it's referencing his appearance on Arrow.
    Old 09-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #316
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    Arrow and Flash crossover usually once or twice a season I think. But Barry made his first appearance on Arrow where he and Felicity had an awkward crush type romance. So when she shows up for the first time it's referencing his appearance on Arrow.
    Usually the crossovers are concurrent and relevant to whatever the most recent episode/episodes of each show are. So when there's a Flash/Arrow crossover, usually the episode of the opposite show is timeline concurrent, if that makes sense
    Old 09-07-2016, 09:46 PM   #317
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

well then I think they leaned a little too heavily in the "for the diehards" direction, with me only wanting to watch the Flash right now, it honestly felt a little too jarring. It feels like they expected you to know the stuff from the Arrow side more than they should've. cause for one thing, like the whole damn subplot of that episode was Felicity being so obvious in trying to cover up this crush thing with Barry ("Then you should go to bed... uhh, I mean, not WITH me, but just.. ya know, just YOU"... or whatever that was, etc... I'm paraphrasing), then at the very end on the train he's suddenly referencing her being in love with Oliver Queen. I was like, what? haven't they just shown a whole 42 minutes that she had this nervous thing with Barry??

anyway... I've watched thru 01x16 now. I was like REALLY impressed, to see a couple eps ago they were already going with Harrison Wells revealing to one of the team that he could walk AND he was Reverse Flash, with still quite a few episodes before a season finale. But then, ahh, of course, THAT is right before he juuuuust so happens to wind up traveling back in time for the first time, so it all gets conveniently erased Which, for a handful of shows I was quite confused, cause it seemed like between showing those small bits of Harrison darting around quickly when nobody was around, and the reveal he had the yellow suit in his secret little cubby hole, I was like, so they're saying HE is Reverse Flash... but then I couldn't square that with how he apparently then would've been fighting himself in the tacheon(sp?) cage. where it was Reverse Flash, but also clearly Wells as himself. but then, okay they explain that in the time travel ep.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:54 PM   #318
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

oh and I'll say, a key thing that did worry me a bit when I started watching this, I didn't realize they had gone the more conventional network TV route with doing a full 20+ episodes for a single season. I mean I've said from the start with Agents Of Shield, I absolutely did not think that was the best idea, it should've been more in around the 16eps range, MAX. That theyre'd be too much filler. And I mean, I can't say it doesn't feel like there's been any of that so far, but I'll see what I think by the time I get to the end of season 1 at least.

though I was thinking of the idea, gee how considerate it is of all of these new meta-humans in Central City thanks to the particle explosion, they've been kind enough to only ever start reeking any havoc for anyone to deal with one at a time... in fact, just seemingly round about on a once a week basis

Old 09-08-2016, 05:39 AM   #319
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

The first season is pretty damn good from start to finish.

As for having watched Arrow, I never did at the time and it didn't throw me off too much. I knew from the prologue of the episodes where the stuff came from and that was enough for me but I get what you're saying.

Quote:
    Old 09-08-2016, 06:22 AM   #320
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    oh and I'll say, a key thing that did worry me a bit when I started watching this, I didn't realize they had gone the more conventional network TV route with doing a full 20+ episodes for a single season. I mean I've said from the start with Agents Of Shield, I absolutely did not think that was the best idea, it should've been more in around the 16eps range, MAX. That theyre'd be too much filler. And I mean, I can't say it doesn't feel like there's been any of that so far, but I'll see what I think by the time I get to the end of season 1 at least.

though I was thinking of the idea, gee how considerate it is of all of these new meta-humans in Central City thanks to the particle explosion, they've been kind enough to only ever start reeking any havoc for anyone to deal with one at a time... in fact, just seemingly round about on a once a week basis
    I agree entirely. The seasons are entirely too long, it causes too much filler episode. They need to shorten them to a 13 episode season.
    Old 09-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #321
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

so I finished off season 1. Now, I wouldn't say that I predicted the one twist or anything, BUT, once they had it established that who Wells really was was a distant relative of Eddie's (like his great great great great great grandfather or whatever), right away I jokingly said to myself "well okay, so gee if Eddie is just totally cool with dying he could just kill himself right here and it negates Wells from ever having existed at all!"

and I have started to watch the s2 premiere. oh maaaaan was there some clunky ass exposition dialog going on in the first couple of scenes
    such is life with the "viewer catch up" in TV land

Old 09-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #322
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    so I finished off season 1. Now, I wouldn't say that I predicted the one twist or anything, BUT, once they had it established that who Wells really was was a distant relative of Eddie's (like his great great great great great grandfather or whatever), right away I jokingly said to myself "well okay, so gee if Eddie is just totally cool with dying he could just kill himself right here and it negates Wells from ever having existed at all!"

and I have started to watch the s2 premiere. oh maaaaan was there some clunky ass exposition dialog going on in the first couple of scenes
    such is life with the "viewer catch up" in TV land
    s2 is better than s1
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-13-2016, 03:24 PM   #323
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

well one of the sorta lingering things for me from season 1, when they had Mark Hamil guest starring as the Trickstar. granted I never watched the original Flash series in the 90s, but I know Hamil himself played that villain role in it. so for one thing, I was like okay, so they're saying this Trickster character did and does exist in THIS new Flash series, and caused all this trouble a couple decades prior to its present day, but seemingly not in the shared context of the Flash himself. so that seemed kinda weird. But also, I noticed one of the details thrown into the whole climax of the s1 finale, there's that sort of tin cap with a Flash logo that pops out of the wormhole, and Wells says "and that's my cue to go"... but then that's it. The moment's just there, but not expanded on at all.

and I realize the guy playing Barry's father in this new show is who played the actual Flash in the 90s show, so like a nice ongoing easter egg they were able to do. but I kinda get the feeling that "cap", or whatever you wanna call it, that dropped out of the wormhole, that that's related to that previous Flash version. and then at the end of the s2 premiere, they finally get Barry's dad out, and (seemingly) totally out of NOWHERE, he's like "aww that's cool that I'm out, but I don't want to be around here". sooo... I'm going to go with that all of this will amount to SOMETHING eventually

Old 09-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #324
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

okay and I just realized something else... if they're going to go so far as to say that with Eddie killing himself, it has the last affect to wipe out Harrison Wells from having existed, that actually then should've reverberated into FAR more than that. I'm not even sure Barry should technically still have his power. cause if Wells was never even born, the particle accelerator never gets built for one thing... and holy shit possibly sooooooo much more

Old 09-13-2016, 04:13 PM   #325
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    okay and I just realized something else... if they're going to go so far as to say that with Eddie killing himself, it has the last affect to wipe out Harrison Wells from having existed, that actually then should've reverberated into FAR more than that. I'm not even sure Barry should technically still have his power. cause if Wells was never even born, the particle accelerator never gets built for one thing... and holy shit possibly sooooooo much more
    It wiped out the imposter Wells, not the real Wells. Had Thawne never gone back in time to kill Wells and take his place, the real Wells would have existed and made the particle accelerator. So more than likely Barry still would have got his powers.
    Old 09-14-2016, 03:49 AM   #326
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Someone like Junior should not be thinking at length about time travel, this thread is about to go to shit.
    Old 09-14-2016, 05:18 AM   #327
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Since time travel is not something that can be proven, you can kinda do what you want. There is like the Lost theory where everything that happens, has already happened. So they had caused the incident even though they hadn't lived it themselves yet and couldn't stop it because it was going to happen. There are two things in back to the future where it's you can go back and change things and wipes it out but also that it created an alternate timeline. I agree with junior in theory, that if Eddie killing himself wiped Reverse Flash from existence in front of them, then he would never have gone back in time so that timeline should change. Yes Flash could still have his power but he wouldn't have it then in that same moment. NOW I think they are kinda taking the other timeline approach and saying well this happened so it's staying even though RF is gone. I'm sure the writers thought about all this stuff but in sci-fi time travel...you can kinda make up your own rules.

Quote:
    Old 09-14-2016, 04:48 PM   #328
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Someone like Junior should not be thinking at length about time travel, this thread is about to go to shit.
    well first of all, sucks for you, because I fucking LOVE thinking and talking about the possibilities with time travel

but I never really saw the point in people complaining about the way other people post like this, like geez if it's really that much of a bother, if I were you I'd just block me. you never have to look at my posts again.

Anyways I've finished thru 02x04 now. I'm not sure I entirely trust this new Spivey chick, or whatever her name is. Joe's new partner and Barry's new love interest. It felt like she wanted to get on the task force a little TOO much. I won't be surprised if she turns out to have some other agenda.
    and I'm a little surprised there hasn't been any discussion yet among the team about Zoom, just in that it seems like he CAN'T kill/defeat the Flash, and what that's about. seems like there's something interesting there. I mean there's got to be a good reason Zoom keeps recruiting other metas to try and kill Barry, why wouldn't he just do it himself, especially after so many fail.

edit: oh and I don't think I'd fully realized this at first about the former Mad Men chick in the role of Snart's sister that's all flirty with Cisco (it took until her 2nd appearance that I realized it was the same woman that Roger Sterling married in the middle of the series, after divorce his older, first wife), but man she looks so eerily like a younger Debra Messing. her eyes seem practically identical.

Last edited by junior94; 09-14-2016 at 04:50 PM.
    Old 09-14-2016, 05:54 PM   #329
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Dude, I'm just busting your balls, take a deep breath.
    Old 09-14-2016, 06:17 PM   #330
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Never, it's a fight to the death!!

I'm liking the show overall enough so far, though I do get a little tired of the overly cutesy sort of dialog between the team sometimes. I don't know, maybe it's a "millennial" thing. it's hard even to fully articulate, there just seems to be an air of trying a little too hard to appear so casual and quippy and cool.

Last edited by junior94; 09-14-2016 at 06:19 PM.