The Flash (CW Show) - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 12-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #61
KevinTH
KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Flash (CW Show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
I really enjoyed the crossover episode. Really cool stuff. It was neat how when Arrow appeared on Flash they used his music, and when Flash appeared on Arrow they used his music.

It was interesting to hear Captain Singh talking about “his boyfriend” - in the comics his boyfriend was the Pied Piper - he was a Rogue with Captain Cold, Heat Wave and Captain Boomerang (who was the bad guy in this episode that Arrow was chasing from the last episode of arrow). We’ve already seen all 3 of these characters, but apparently the Pied Piper is coming in Episode 10 of Flash.

At the end of the Flash, the woman you saw was Oliver Queen’s baby mama - the one Oliver’s mom paid off to move away. It would be cool if this was a lead up to Connor Hawke (the second Green Arrow).

Firestorm looked absolutely bad ass.
Great catch. Couldn't remember who she was.
KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #62
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH5 View Post
    Great catch. Couldn't remember who she was.
    Yeah I knew she looked familiar so I looked up the casting to find out who she was.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #63
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Mark Hamill is set to reprise his role as The Trickster in The Flash. He played the same character in the old Flash series. I don't remember him on the old series and haven't gotten to that episode yet on the DVD's. Pretty cool to give him the role.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=112101
    Old 12-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #64
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Kevin -

This is him in the 90's Flash.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_7XUxppxXM

Last edited by chadizzy1; 12-08-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Old 12-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #65
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

"Continuity problems!"- the Internet
    Old 12-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #66
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Kevin -

This is him in the 90's Flash.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_7XUxppxXM
    "What are you wearing?" LOL!!!

I think I finished disc 2 of the DVD set and man is that show cheesy hahaha. It's still a fun watch but some parts are cringe worthy, such as that haha. I loved the Fatman on Batman with Hamill, and he went into some detail about playing The Trickster.
    Old 12-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #67
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Interesting. I just read that Amanda Pays is reprising her role as Tina in tomorrow's episode. She was in the original series as well. That's pretty cool. Will we see Julio come back??? Haha
    Old 12-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #68
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Best episode of the series so far tonight. Lots of secret time travel stuff in this episode. I think it's pretty clear Wells is Zoom, yeah? I have nothing to back that up except a hunch but that has to be it, right?
    Old 12-10-2014, 05:27 AM   #69
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Hoping to watch this tonight. Had to pass on The Flash for Rudolph. I may be 33, but it isn't Christmas without Rudolph!
    Old 12-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #70
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

That was a great episode! That's the darkest episode they've had and it was awesome. The scene with Barry and his dad was really well done. Those two nailed that scene perfectly. Reverse Flash was so dark and eerie, I loved it! Firestorm was badass...just an all around great episode. If they keep them coming like that then the second half of the season will be awesome. Wells is clearly Reverse Flash, but I'm curious to see if he's really someone else other than Harrison Wells. I did some reading up on the character and there is no one by the name of Harrison Wells that's ever been the character. I'm not sure I get what they're going to do with Eddie if he's not Reverse Flash though. My only other thought is that Eddie IS Reverse Flash and Wells is just assisting him? I know he was blurry, but the character just looked too big to be Tom Cavanagh, and Eddie had an interesting line where he says "why didn't he kill me?". I'd like to know why also.

Great way to end the first half of the season and I'm looking forward to 1/20/15!
    Old 12-11-2014, 05:07 AM   #71
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I almost gave up on the show a week or two ago but the last one got me interest going again.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #72
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

So, who’s Reverse Flash?

It could be Dr. Wells. Or Dr. Well’s could have been the one who created the suit. He does have one in the future closet (which still has yet to be explained). But hearing Dr. Well’s say “Merry Christmas” in the Reverse Flash voice was pretty interesting.

It could be Eddie. After Barry telling Iris how he feels, if he lost Iris to Barry and found out Barry was the Flash, that would be grounds enough for him to try to fight him, perhaps even want revenge. (If he came back in time from a future where Barry’s mom was alive and killed her, present day Eddie wouldn’t know about it). The fact that Reverse Flash didn’t mess with Eddie might show that it’s Eddie from the future.

I’m torn on who it could actually be.
    Old 12-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #73
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So, who’s Reverse Flash?

It could be Dr. Wells. Or Dr. Well’s could have been the one who created the suit. He does have one in the future closet (which still has yet to be explained). But hearing Dr. Well’s say “Merry Christmas” in the Reverse Flash voice was pretty interesting.

It could be Eddie. After Barry telling Iris how he feels, if he lost Iris to Barry and found out Barry was the Flash, that would be grounds enough for him to try to fight him, perhaps even want revenge. (If he came back in time from a future where Barry’s mom was alive and killed her, present day Eddie wouldn’t know about it). The fact that Reverse Flash didn’t mess with Eddie might show that it’s Eddie from the future.

I’m torn on who it could actually be.
    it's Wells. But my thought is Wells isn't exactly who he says he is. I've only read New 52 Flash, but I did some Wikipedia research on Reverse Flash and my thought is he sounds similar to Hunter Zolomon aka Zoom. There was an earlier episode in which Detective West is suspicious of when Wells moved to Central City. If memory serves me right, he said he moved from Keystone City - that's where Zolomon lives. While it happens in a different way, Zolomon is paralyzed from the waite down. Granted Wells is clearly not paralyzed, but there are some parallels there.

"Hunter Zolomon aka Zoom first appeared in The Flash: Secret Files & Origins #3.

After arriving in Keystone City, Hunter Zolomon was hired as a profiler, working with the police in their Department of Metahuman Hostilities. His work put him in constant contact with the Flash (Wally West), and the two became good friends. His insight was critical in solving cases, but he resented being stuck behind a desk.

He was severely injured in an attack by Gorilla Grodd, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down. He asked West to use the time-travelling cosmic treadmill in the Flash Museum to prevent this from occurring. West refused, saying that he could not risk damaging the timestream. Zolomon then broke into the museum and attempted to use the treadmill himself. The resulting explosion destroyed the museum (as well as his remaining sanity) and shifted Hunter's connection to time. He could now alter his personal timeline, giving the effect of super-speed.

Zolomon concluded that West would not help because, unlike Allen, he had never suffered personal tragedy. Zolomon decided that if he became the new Zoom and killed West's wife (Linda Park), this would help the Flash become a better hero.

Unlike other speedsters, Zoom's abilities lie not in speed but manipulation of time. For this reason he appears to be faster than The Flash and untouchable. This is betrayed in his speech patterns which ebb and flow at different speeds, almost entirely at random. His trademark attack is to snap his fingers creating a shockwave not just in space but across time. He uses this attack to cause Linda to miscarry.

The battle, the death of his unborn children and Linda's resultant despondency was too much for The Flash, so he enlisted the help of the Spectre (at the time, the spirit of Hal Jordan) to remove all memory from the world about the Flash's secret identity (including himself). Zoom, however, was unaffected and returned to plague him. Teaming up with the Cheetah, Zoom stretched his influence to the Justice League, but stated repeatedly that his only interest was "making the Flash a better hero". He enlists with the villainous Mockingbird (later revealed to be an alternate reality version of Lex Luthor).

This version of Zoom has not appeared in DC's reboot following Flashpoint."

There's another theory floating around that Wells is Eddie's grandchild or great-grandchild and that's why he didn't kill Eddie and he's actually an Eobard Thawne from the future - Professor Zoom.
    Old 12-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #74
    javierm27

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Great episode before the break, really looking forward to where the show goes from here.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2015, 07:29 PM   #75
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Yikes, that was not the best episode. The show was really picking up momentum before the mid season finale, which was awesome. This felt like a complete regression. I want to like this show so bad. Flash is one of my favorite characters so it's killing me to see episodes this bad. It's just cliche cookie cutter writing mixed with poor acting. The guy that played Heatwave was TERRIBLE. His lines were as bad as Arnold's in Batman and Robin. In fact the whole episode was written like a page out of that movie. Very disappointed. I really hope this show gets its act together. Looking forward to catching Arrow sometime this week.
    Old 01-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #76
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

I'm just glad to see Dominic and Wentworth working together again. They have killer chemistry.
    Old 02-04-2015, 08:24 AM   #77
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Really enjoyed last nights episode. The first episode after the break had me pretty nervous, but the last two have been good. I'm really digging Pied Piper.
    Old 02-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #78
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

I liked Pied Piper as well, but good lord some of the guest actors on this show are brutal. I get it, it's the CW and not HBO, but sometimes it's cringeworthy.

Last night was alright. That big-time post credits scene got me the most pumped. Glad they're planning on moving on to some bigger villains and not these jobbers they've been trotting out. The most compelling storyline in this show is Reverse Flash/Barry's Parents/Time travel possibilities. I hope they get to that before the end of the season or at least tease it so we can be excited about season 2.
    Old 02-04-2015, 08:54 AM   #79
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    I liked Pied Piper as well, but good lord some of the guest actors on this show are brutal. I get it, it's the CW and not HBO, but sometimes it's cringeworthy.

Last night was alright. That big-time post credits scene got me the most pumped. Glad they're planning on moving on to some bigger villains and not these jobbers they've been trotting out. The most compelling storyline in this show is Reverse Flash/Barry's Parents/Time travel possibilities. I hope they get to that before the end of the season or at least tease it so we can be excited about season 2.
    I have a feeling Reverse Flash will come back at the end. The episode with him was by far the best of the season. The episode with Heatwave was by far the worst. The dude from Prison Break playing Heatwave was unbelievably bad. There's definitely been some cheese throughout the season, but holy smokes was he bad. This show is so up and down. There will be one good episode followed by a bad one, followed by two good ones and then back to a bad one. I don't remember Season 1 of Arrow very well to remember if it was the same way. I'm just hoping they get it together and start producing consistently good episodes.
    Old 02-14-2015, 04:40 PM   #80
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Damn this is getting good.
    Old 02-14-2015, 07:23 PM   #81
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

The action side of things is getting better, and actual Flash storyline. Loved the shot of the ring on Wells' finger that the suit goes back into.

The relationship drama is still wicked bad though. Iris continues to suck hard.
    Old 02-14-2015, 07:24 PM   #82
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

The action side of things is getting better, and actual Flash storyline. Loved the shot of the ring on Wells' finger that the suit goes back into.

The relationship drama is still wicked bad though. Iris continues to suck hard.
    Old 02-17-2015, 07:12 PM   #83
    LIOG4140

Shows Seen: 166

DMB Hub Stubs: 34

My Tour Central Stats

That Grodd strut
    LIOG4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-18-2015, 12:36 PM   #84
    skippdogg

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Is Harrison Wells really Barry Allen from the future? Just a thought.
    Scott

XBL-Rece Davis

Last edited by skippdogg; 02-18-2015 at 12:38 PM.
    skippdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #85
    LIOG4140

Shows Seen: 166

DMB Hub Stubs: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by skippdogg View Post
    Is Harrison Wells really Barry Allen from the future? Just a thought.
    I don't get why people think this. If he is Barry from the future it means Barry becomes a psychopath and a killer.
    LIOG4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #86
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Well, that was some interesting stuff.

Basically confirmed what many have guessed about Reverse Flash.
    Old 02-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #87
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LIOG4140 View Post
    I don't get why people think this. If he is Barry from the future it means Barry becomes a psychopath and a killer.
    And kills his own mother, and is trying to manipulate his past self. Yeah don't get it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-19-2015, 10:40 AM   #88
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

I haven't seen Tuesday's episode yet. I'm not saying Wells is Barry, but if he was, maybe he's not really trying to manipulate him. Maybe he's trying to keep him on the straight and narrow and make sure he turns out good so he doesn't become what Wells did. And maybe it's his idea that by doing this he can stop his mother's murder. Again, not saying I think this is what's going on, but I'm trying to think like someone that thinks Wells is Barry.
    Old 03-01-2015, 02:43 PM   #89
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Really liked that last episode. Thought I was two episodes behind, but it must not have been in last week. Really digging Firestorm. Psyched to see how that character continues to develop. One thing I thought was lame was that they essentially created another problem for themselves. General Wade was laying right there and they left him. They couldn't have killed him or at least captured him to get him off their ass? Instead they leave him which forces Firestorm to stay one step ahead and move to Pittsburgh. Of course this was all before Reverse Flash shows up and unleashes Grodd on Wade which was awesome. Just thought that was a bit silly. Really enjoyed that episode though. Cool to see Reverse Flash again and get another glimpse of Grodd.
    Old 03-17-2015, 06:55 PM   #90
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

What an episode tonight...far and away the best of the series. I won't spoil it because I know most of us in here can be a couple days late catching up, but get ready. The last 15 minutes is absolutely the best of this series thus far. Definitely going to set up some interesting stuff for the rest of the season.