***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread*** - Page 378 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #11311
whodat
CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

I have to think scheduling would be a nightmare for the EPL. Once FA and League Cup games involve the top clubs, then you have to toss in replays if needed, plus mid-week UCL or Europa games or makeup games if something was cancelled. Ugh.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #11312
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnsonc1 View Post
    Happy to be tied for second in our fantasy league after week 1. I am slowly learning how everything works. One free transfer a week. Any additional transfers and you get -4 from your overall score. If players on your bench outscore players in your lineup they will automatically be subbed in The only question I have is formation. It seems like some of you have 3-4-3 formations allowing you to get more midfielders on your team. Midfielders are more likely to get higher amounts of points than defenders imo. Can anyone explain how to change your formation?
    Just sub a defender for midfielder/forward or vice versa. Your formation will automatically change.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #11313
    jrkarger

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

After denying it yesterday, Milan confirmed discussions on Balotelli to Liverpool are taking place.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/1995647/a...ario-balotelli
    Old 08-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #11314
    johnsonc1

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
    Just sub a defender for midfielder/forward or vice versa. Your formation will automatically change.
    Thanks.

Transfer Market is starting to get crazy. Balotelli to Liverpool? Di Maria to United? Arsenal are desperate for a defensive midfielder now that arteta is out. Should be interesting
    johnsonc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-21-2014, 06:42 AM   #11315
    sdmc229
    Black N Yellow

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

There are now reports of a 16m fee agreed

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...ee-16m-7650058

etree Volunteer | My List | Discogs
    sdmc229 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #11316
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I just don't have a good feeling about this signing. I really think Balotelli is going to be a disruption in the locker room. I hope I'm proven wrong and he ends up scoring goals, but something just doesn't feel right.
    Old 08-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #11317
    sdmc229
    Black N Yellow

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead36 View Post

I just don't have a good feeling about this signing. I really think Balotelli is going to be a disruption in the locker room. I hope I'm proven wrong and he ends up scoring goals, but something just doesn't feel right.
    I am on the fence as well. I am hoping BR can keep him under control.

On the bright side, maybe he will dye that mohawk red

etree Volunteer | My List | Discogs
    sdmc229 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-21-2014, 07:21 AM   #11318
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

There is no denying his talent, but he has always been a loose cannon. I would expect nothing more or less then what the past has shown, gotta take the good with the bad with Mario.
    Old 08-21-2014, 07:24 AM   #11319
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by panini2001 View Post
    Yep I'm looking at 7,8 or 9 for the Potters made some strong signings Bojan, Diouf, Bardsley, Sidwell. I'm in NYC from Aug 22 Ben. Obviously I'm only there until Tues 26 so I've got a full itinery for my days the usual touristy stuff Top of the Rock, Circleline Sightseeing thingy on the Hudson, Pedicab Central Park etc etc but would like to catch up if its possible at some point
    Craig, if you see this prior to hopping across the pond, I sent you a PM here with my contact info. I am free this weekend to meet up, so let me know if you got the time.
    Old 08-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #11320
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I'm mixed on the signing but hopefully BR can tame him. Either way, Liverpool just got a lot better in FIFA15.
    Ascf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #11321
    johnsonc1

My Tour Central Stats

I would rather have a striker who set his own house on fire than one who bites the opposing teams players. I think Balotelli is hilarious.

Within days of joining Manchester City, Balotelli was involved in a car crash. It was reported that Balotelli was carrying £5,000 cash at the time – and that when a police officer asked why he had such a large sum of cash Balotelli replied: "Because I am rich".
    Old 08-21-2014, 08:23 AM   #11322
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Red Mohawk FTW.
    Ascf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-21-2014, 09:11 AM   #11323
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

If 16 million is the price ($26 million), I think you have to take it. The upside is too high to not take the risk that he becomes a locker room cancer.
    Old 08-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #11324
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

My Tour Central Stats

Interesting that it's rumored there will be a behavior clause in Balotelli's contract. Guess they are learning after Suarez.
    Old 08-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #11325
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Interesting that it's rumored there will be a behavior clause in Balotelli's contract. Guess they are learning after Suarez.
    That and his past. When he was with City, he was head case. All over the tabloids. One would hope with age he would mature, but sometimes it is part the man that they never shake.
    Old 08-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #11326
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

He's matured a little bit while back in his native Italy. You have to wonder if going back to the north of England will bring out old habits.
    Old 08-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #11327
    cornjob81

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quiet in here this weekend. No thoughts on any of the games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cornjob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2014, 08:48 PM   #11328
    DynastyDrummer1

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Stoke got a little bit lucky to get that tie against Hull.....
    DynastyDrummer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #11329
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

Shows Seen: 50

My Tour Central Stats

I think Everton is going to stick as my team. Love Howard and Lukaku, and yesterday hurt.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #11330
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    I think Everton is going to stick as my team. Love Howard and Lukaku, and yesterday hurt.
    That's a good sign that you may have "a team." When a game like that really kicks you in the shin. Should've been 3 points.
    Old 08-24-2014, 08:54 PM   #11331
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

Shows Seen: 50

My Tour Central Stats

Might have just been who was playing, but there were a lot of Everton fans at the bar too. Felt at home.

The last thing I needed is an excuse to drink at 8AM on a Saturday.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-24-2014, 09:14 PM   #11332
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    Might have just been who was playing, but there were a lot of Everton fans at the bar too. Felt at home.

The last thing I needed is an excuse to drink at 8AM on a Saturday.
    Ha. Just wait for when you're drinking at 7am on Sunday.
    Old 08-25-2014, 04:53 AM   #11333
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42graystreet View Post
    Ha. Just wait for when you're drinking at 7am on Sunday.
    Or your friends look at you like you have three heads when you say you have to call it a night on Friday or Saturday because you have to be up at 6 to watch the match!
    Old 08-25-2014, 06:39 AM   #11334
    johnsonc1

My Tour Central Stats

I don't really understand what LVG is trying to do with united. Clearly his system does not work with the players he has. I understand it might take some time but as a manager of any sports team i think it makes more sense to create a system around the players you already have. Obviously its more complicated than that but it just seems like he is making it harder for himself
    Old 08-25-2014, 06:39 AM   #11335
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cornjob81 View Post
    Quiet in here this weekend. No thoughts on any of the games?
    As a United fan, not much to be happy about. It is plain to see that this team is not equipped to run the system that Van Gaal wants to put in place. If they can secure Di Maria (as reported will be done soon) and Blind, then maybe the level of optimism will rise. Right now this group is doomed. The drop off in quality from Rooney, RVP and Mata is huge. There is no service to Mata, which in turn means no service to Rooney or RVP.

Speaking of Rooney, he can't play the role that Robben plays in this system. Robben is that unique talent that can stretch the field, thus keeping the opposing defense on their heels. Rooney doesn't posses that speed or skill to make that happen. This puts more pressure on the holding midfielders and wings to push up field. Rooney has to figure out his role as this will help the overall attack with RVP.

Currently the skill in the holding midfield is not there to maintain and they keep dropping back too deep creating a back 5, and the wings defensive responsibilities are being a skewed by their own shortcomings. Young is not good on defense and his panache for diving will be his down fall. Valencia could develop into the a very good wing player in this system from what I can tell. He played defense in the past and has pace to move the ball up field and has good delivery from the edge into the box. The wings just have to keep moving and spreading the field to be more successful.

Defensively it can only get better. Lots of injuries all the way around, but the guys being called upon have to step in the mean time. I can see Phil Jones moving to a more holding midfield roll once Johnny Evans comes back. The idea of Evans, Rojo and Shaw on the back is very inviting, just need to get them all on the field. Also, the defensive group as a whole is vey young, only Evans is over 25, so this is a very green group, working in a new system and they will get picked apart by the better teams in the EPL. Games against Chelsea and City could get ugly.

We have a League Cup match on Tuesday followed up with a trip to Burnley to keep working on the system. Van Gaal said to give it at least 3 months, but from what I can see this will be more like a year long process. The guys are not confident, it shows in their play, passing and execution. Hoping for some confidence boosts this week heading into the international break in few weeks time.
    Old 08-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #11336
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Chelsea have played 2 games against lesser competition. In one, we found ourselves down a goal. In the other, we were held 0-0 at HT. These are the types of games we dropped points last year when we would get frustrated at not being able to break through, thanks in part to having no capable striker.

This year we went on to win both of those games by 2 goals, with our new striker scoring in each game. It's a new season, and a new Chelsea. Can't wait for the next game!
    Old 08-25-2014, 08:21 AM   #11337
    cornjob81

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42graystreet View Post
    That's a good sign that you may have "a team." When a game like that really kicks you in the shin. Should've been 3 points.
    Agreed. That's how I knew I was a Spurs fan. A 1-0, last minute goal and I was jumping up and down and cheering like a girl at a One Direction concert. This team that plays all the way in North London caused me to do this? Yep, they are The One for me.
    Old 08-25-2014, 08:25 AM   #11338
    cornjob81

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Or your friends look at you like you have three heads when you say you have to call it a night on Friday or Saturday because you have to be up at 6 to watch the match!

It's tough living on the west coast because of this. Yesterday, the Spurs were on at 5:30am. I just couldn't do that, so it had to be DVR'd. Still, I hate risking that because you never know when your DVR will F up on you. But the Friday before the opening day I did go to be quite early so I could get up and watch MU lose at 6.

Who's watching City/Liverpool this afternoon??
    Old 08-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #11339
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cornjob81 View Post
    Who's watching City/Liverpool this afternoon??
    I'm leaving work early for it.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-25-2014, 08:43 AM   #11340
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

My Tour Central Stats

Working from home today. I really need to get cable Hopefully I can find a good stream today.

Tags
    soccer , uefa