Hartford Weekend 2013 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
jsied55

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Hartford Weekend 2013

Had a great time at Hartford with two what I would call good to great shows. N1 was a very intimate setting since there was a D&T size crowd at the venue. N2 was packed to the gills and had several highlights and a few gems in there in which I will always remember.

N1:

-34 (tease) got me really excited when I heard what it was....I had thought itwas a recording or something since the curtain was up.

-JTR curtain drop added a little extra to this version and with the rain on Friday this was a great way to start the show

-Warehouse ....standard version....awesome as always

-Squirm the song has grown on me a little but still not a huge fan since I have seen it pry 15 times and it's a BW song....small buzz kill after the start.

-Broken Things I have seen this song a couple times this year and IMO its not as strong live as I thought it would be(hopefully they can change this), still an ok song to see

-Idea of You really good little tune so def more of a pick me up in this spot...standard version

-Kill the Preacher I really enjoyed this, Dave does a superb job with this and I would hope more of you get to hear it as it is def worth a listen.

-Why I Am I always enjoy this song so kind of a big pick me up at this point after that quieter stretch of songs

-Captain great song but kind of threw off the flow a bit again as we had just come off that slower flow(like I stated this night seemed more intimate and slower paced then N2)

-Belly Belly Nice kicked it in gear again and this seems like it will be a mainstay in sets for awhile, standard version and at this point was very ok with the set no really bad tankers.

-Big Eyed Fish standard version and was great to hear again as I caught it at SPAC, always good....cool part here was the holding of the last note which the band turned into Bartender(predictability I was totally ok with)

-Bartender standard version here just was great to see this song...Jeff sounded fantastic

-Jane standard version and the crowd really seemed to get into this one....was really impressed with the song run listed above at this point from Why I am

-LIOG kept the energy and this was the loudest sing along in the place N1....as a side note Boyd ripped this song up his solo was long as hell and the crowd was loving it

-Running Down a Dream crowd again was loving this and I was aware of the rumors circulating around this cover. The band did a really nice job with it, it was a little shaking at the start but Timmy melted faces for the last min or so on the song which made it well worth it. At this point I was like wow this is a really nice show with a lot of staying power and no real duds

-Rooftop standard version and kept the energy high

-Dreaming Tree ................. Stanley Jordan did an awesome job with this one he embellished the start of it and throughout the song with what sounded like trickling water.....his solo was awesome and was truly a treat to hear

-Rhyme & Reason standard version again with Stanley adding in.....when he got on stage I had turned and said I expected this one but not the Dreaming Tree before hand

-Everyday standard version but at this point thought this was the closer, the set looked really strong here....I was still a little stuck on Dreaming Tree

-Ants Marching closed the set out with a ton of energy....Dave added the little scat on the front of it as he did at SPAC

-------------------- was impressed with the set and the night and got to see a ton of great tunes, was past midnight at this point which I was surprised they were coming back out

-Drunken Soldier great song for an encore, really enjoyable

-AATW standard version was a nice little encore with these two songs

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
    jsied55

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Hartford Weekend 2013

N2:

-Seek Up awesome way to start I originally thought it was DDTW as Dave fumbled around with what sounded like Still Water/ an intro for DDTW. Always special to hear this one

-Proudest Monkey standard version but really wanted to hear this tune as I hadn't gotten it in the prior 4 shows this tour.....

-Satellite standard version but again was more then ok with this 3 song start

-DDTW standard version and I will take this song at everyone of the shows I go to always a great tune especially in the starting run of a show.

-Seven I personally enjoy this one just think its over played still an ok song here and a more then solid start to the night

-Spoon....................... never thought I would hear this tune I am in shock that is was played....Stanley was in the pit where we were standing for a good hour just hanging out and mentioned he was going to play this.....I couldn't believe it....btw Stanley Jordan was really cool came and hung out and just talked with a lot of ppl before the show. I will let the tapes do this some of the justice it deserves as describing it wouldn't do it any justice, an awesome DMB moment for me personally

-SMLAM .......ZzzzZzzzZzzz

-The Riff neat to finally see this popup but honestly was a bit of a snoozer as well

-Grey Street got things back into gear...standard version

-Mercy.....best version I have ever heard/that exists....give it a listen, the guest was awesome on it and Dave/Carter were having a great time with it.....and I personally don't like Mercy.....

-So Right standard version always good to hear this glad it's still in rotation.....could have sworn Dave flubbed here

-Jimi standard version and again I like this tune at shows...sure it's overplayed but I always have a good time during the song and enjoy the solo's and enjoy seeing how much fun the band has with this one

-Gaucho ehhh song, standard version.....don't know how I feel about this song just yet

-BOWA awesome and Jeff kills the end of this......another treat and the set at this point was more then above average at this point.

-Recently again just an awesome 2 songs right here....the signature breakdown in this one is different then I had heard before in less I didn't hear it right but sounded like it was a little slower but had more bass to it and or electric guitar was a change up.

-FTWII ZzzzzZzzzzZzzz

-Pnp->Rapunzel always a strong finish to a show...standard version

-----------------------was more then satisfied with the weekend and was having such a blast in the pit N2 met a lot of cool people in there.

-Blue Water really enjoyed this not many ppl knew the tune but loved seeing this so close to the stage.

-Two Step this song is def changing and I think its for the better....I don't mind the Time Bomb intro....the little guitar riff jam towards the end of the song and the new metal outro.....def refreshing to hear the new changes to an old favorite