Deer Creek N1 & 2 - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #31
btpeters
Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Deer Creek N1 & 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytherevelator View Post
I'm sure you want it to be 'epic' but it was just an average show... That's my opinion, you are free to have yours... But feel free to enlighten me on how this was an above average two night stop.

Setlist doesn't have to be epic in order for those things I highlighted to take place. And never once did i say it was. You can have your opinion on song choices, that's fine. You may be a pissy pants, but that doesn't mean everything else was. Band was in a damn good mood both nights. I couldn't believe how much they brought to Deer Creek this year. Crowd was loving it, they were even psyched during Spoon which i expected to be met with silence. Yeah, it rained in the afternoon, but the atmosphere was anything but average.
btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #32
    hensleytyler44

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

OP, I'm curious as to what you would need the band to play to make this weekend above "average?" And how does Idea of You suck?
    hensleytyler44 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #33
    dthree

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    And this may be the dumbest response ever....
    Uh, okay? haha.
    dthree is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #34
    KBug3288
    Kit Kat Kate

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    IOY & Joy Ride suck in my opinion... SMTS>ASTB>TM are fun but not +1's to me

I think it's absurd to think Joy Ride is a good song
    It is absurd to think you are a DMB fan.

Quote:
    They sounded the same as pretty much any other show I've ever been too ( I think I'm ready for Tim to leave however)... atmosphere was average as was crowd reaction, same for band enthusiasm. I had a good time like I said in my original post other than having to sit through SMLAM everything else was pretty good. The worst part of the two nights other than SMLAM, Hunger, & Squirm was the N2 poster..
    You act like pretty much every other jaded asshole I've ever seen online. Big man behind that screen eh?

Quote:
    If any of you fucking moron's could read you would have seen where I clearly stated that I did have a good time. Was it an epic show absolutley not but it was good and very entertaining... I trashed 3 songs, a guitar player & one poster lol out of two nights that's pretty good.
    You're the moron, get the fuck out of here.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajc_1988 View Post

I will never reduce a show to numbers on paper

Quote:
    Yeah well you probably like Cornbread too...

Its just a thing to do like playing the setlist game I don't take it that serious, again if you would read my original post I gave N2 a +1 but did say that I had a great time at the show... Were you at the show? Did it blow your mind? Was it epic? To me it wasn't, it was however a very good weekend, glad I went. I'm sorry I don't come off as energetic as you would like or whatever your deal is with my post.
    I like Cornbread, I in fact have a Cornbread dance, andI look dam good doing it, much better than you sitting there being complaining.

Quote:
    Given your join date I'm not at all surprised...
    Join dates have nothing to do with it you fucktard. I'm 24, I am sorry I wasn't born sooner and therefore didn't join Ants sooner....jeeze you are pathertic.

Was it epic, no was it average, HELL no.

"Love running here celebrating and relating".....AT DEER CREEK!

Last edited by KBug3288; 06-27-2013 at 06:23 AM.
    KBug3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #35
    KBug3288
    Kit Kat Kate

My Tour Central Stats

Wow. What a thread, lol.

Last edited by KBug3288; 06-27-2013 at 06:23 AM.
    Old 06-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #36
    KBug3288
    Kit Kat Kate

My Tour Central Stats

That may have been a little harsh....but you're a butt head.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #37
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

You go girl
    Old 06-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #38
    hensleytyler44

My Tour Central Stats

N1 was my 11th show and the best seats I've had yet, two rows behind the pit right in front of Dave. Brandi did a great job in her opening set and when she asked everyone to "stand up in the name of...." I was crossing my fingers she was bringing out Dave for some Angel from Montgomery action but instead we got a solid cover of Folsom Prison Blues. She did a great job keeping the crowd going and her story about Dave buying her EP at the Gorge when she opened for them was really cool to hear. Right before DMB came out the weather was looking a little sketchy but it ended up holding off the entire night.

Big Eyed Fish - Really like this song in the opener spot, I always welcome this at a show

Granny - Did not see this coming! The segue between the songs was a nice treat

Idea of You - Really like the way they're playing this song right now, they could have played it both nights and I wouldn't have minded

Belly Belly Nice - Fun song off AFTW, always gets the crowd going

Joyride - The band was loving this song! Towards the end, during the Woo's, Dave was throwing his up with the crowd and dancing along

#41 - Nice version, Tim solo sounded great and the horns sounded really good too

Rooftop - I love what this song has evolved into, my favorite song from AFTW to hear live, Dave dancing in the slow jam was great!

Captain - The band sounded great and I loved Dave's story before they played it, such a good tune

The Riff - I've now heard all of AFTW live, some of the people in my area lost interest during this one but I thought it sounded a lot better than when it was played at the winter shows

So Much to Say > ASTB > - midset how can you not love this? Stefan tore up the stage and the horns sounded good as well

Too Much - Crowd loved it, I thought it was going to be a fake into a midset Ants Marching but I was wrong

Recently - Really glad this in the mix again, a little bummed we didn't get the Pretty Pretty Girl/Take Me to the River outros

Crash into Me - slow tune but a crowd favorite to follow the triplets and Recently

PNP > Rapunzel - They killed this performance, I've heard this at 4 straight shows now and don't get tired of it

Squirm > - I really wanted this to be Shotgun, it was a decent version, my favorite part was the segue into Lie In our Graves

Lie In our Graves - Such a nice treat, bummed they didn't do the reprise, was hoping it would be in the encore or in the next night's show

Grey Street - My favorite song, loved every second of it

--------------------------------

Sister - Not a bad e1, there are other songs I'd rather hear sure but I'd rather hear it here then somewhere in the middle of the set, really the only song that I was like meh about

Best of What's Around - That's what I'm talking about! Did not see this coming at all, so good in the encore

Ants Marching - Okay, Carter played a very convincing tease/intro that sounded very similar to Halloween and right when the intro was building and Halloween would normally start I started jumping up and down and then realized it was the Ants single hits, even though it wasn't Halloween, this is one of my favorite songs to get at a show because I love how the crowd and band play off each other, it's our anthem haha

Overall, N1 was a really great show start to finish, the band is in a really good place right now, and tonight they were all on fire. Sure, Sister wasn't the best e1 song but for me it made Best of What's Around and Ants Marching that much better.
    Old 06-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #39
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

My Tour Central Stats

Fantastic review Tyler
    Old 06-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #40
    rlpi100

Shows Seen: 67

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Nice REVIEW Tyler. Very well done
    rlpi100 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #41
    hensleytyler44

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks guys

Working on my n2 review right now
    Old 06-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #42
    hensleytyler44

My Tour Central Stats

N2, show number 12, going into tonight I had no idea what to expect, I knew we hadn't heard either twitter campaign song (Spoon or Monkey Man) so I was hoping for those to both show up. The rain in the afternoon had me nervous about later that night but by the time we got to the lawn the ground was almost dry, found a great spot dead center for our group and there were people with blankets all around us so we had a good amount of room. Brandi played another great set, would have been nice if she changed up more than just one song but she and the band kept the energy going again, no Dave guest. The sun started to come out right before it was time for DMB to take the stage

You Might Die Trying - I thought we were going to get a Seek Up opener but I was mistaken, YMDT is one of the songs that I don't hope for going into a show but always sing along and enjoy when it does get played, got the crowd energy going for sure

Broken Things - In my top 3 on AFTW, sounded great, much better than the winter tour

Drive In Drive Out - Wow! Was hoping for this but expected it towards the end of the set, great performance and surprised probably everyone in attendance

If Only - Not my favorite AFTW song but they did a good job with it, I like the placement of it as well because what do you follow Drive In Drive out with??

Gravedigger - Carter's intro sounded similar to Say Goodbye, would have gone nuts if that happened, I like Gravedigger, similar to YMDT I don't hope for it but enjoy it when I hear it, the lawn loved this song

Don't Drink the Water - Cool improv intro while Dave was getting his in ear's fixed, great song to hear following Gravedigger

Spoon - The twitter campaign worked! Brandi's voice sounded incredible and the band was loving it, the outro was amazing! One of the best DMB performances I've heard in the 12 shows I've been to

Jimi Thing - I loved Dave's introduction to this "After going to therapy about this I've decided to stop apologizing for playing this song!" haha Dave earned every second of that Jimi Thing after playing Spoon with Brandi

What Would You Say - I love this song, great choice to follow Jimi Thing

Mercy - I enjoy this song, pretty good placement to follow Jimi and WWYS, bring the crowd down a little bit, everyone in the lawn was singing along

Hunger for the Great Light - It's not my favorite, first time I've seen it live, it was cool to see once, but I don't really care either way to see it again, enjoyed singing along though

The Space Between - This was a great surprise and I thought it was going to be just Dave but then the rest of the band came in, really awesome performance, one of my favorites of the night, the horns sounded great on this

So Damn Lucky - not my favorite song, would probably like it more it was like 10 min instead of 15, to add another song but Dave seemed like he was loving it and the crowd sang the Thank You's at the end

Write a Song - Fun little song, I feel like it's got some more groove to it then I remember

Pig - Did not expect this! and loved when Dave said "Hope we get it right for you this time!" it's awesome that they remember the SpacePig haha but the crowd loved it and it was one of the highlights for sure

Everyday - Good performance, definite crowd pleaser, Boyd had a couple notes that were a little rough to say the least haha but it was fun

So Right - When I saw the guitar come out I was like holy crap this could be Monkey Man, no such luck, but I enjoyed it

Shake Me like a Monkey - Not my favorite song, but I danced like crazy and screamed the lyrics just like everyone else at the show

-----------------------------

Drunken Soldier - Very cool to see e1, sounded 1000000000000x better than it did at the winter tour, I love the album version but the performance of it in Duluth, GA I heard kind of made me 'meh' about it live but this performance showed me how good of a song this is and how much I love it

Two Step - Time Bomb intro, really would like to see the improv intro come back but I do prefer a Time Bomb intro to a full version, it was a great Two Step and a great ending to the weekend!

It's difficult for me to say which night I like more because they were so different, DIDO, Spoon, WWYS, Pig, So Right, and Drunken Two Step were the performances that really stood out to me. This capped off another great weekend at Deer Creek. Thanks to everyone that helped with the twitter campaigns for Spoon and Monkey Man, we didn't get Monkey Man but we gave it our best shot. I will honestly be surprised if it ever shows up, but we'll see. See you all next summer

Last edited by hensleytyler44; 06-27-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    Old 06-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #43
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

My Tour Central Stats

Well done, sir. bravo.
    Old 06-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #44
    SeekUpTheCubs
    DMBallwasher

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Given your join date I'm not at all surprised...
    I'm super self conscious about my join date. Thanks now I'm sad
    Old 06-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #45
    glenmary1792

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

tyler's review - +1

haha but seriously what a great weekend.
    Old 06-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #46
    bartender_man

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

This thread is entertaining to say the least
    Old 06-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #47
    davem#36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Tyler I was at Duluth and Deer creek as well. Are you from GA?

What an amazing 20 years.
    ‘24 ALPHA/ALPINE
    davem#36 is offline   Reply With Quote