o.j simpson verdict - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 10-05-2008, 04:01 AM   #121
dmbinchicago
Greasy Animal

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: o.j simpson verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodey View Post
Uhhh, uh oh? Mistrial?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27022386/?GT1=43001

"But now it's been revealed that several of those jurors have said they disagreed with that murder acquittal."
Nope. The judge knew about it before the trial. Maybe something to try for on appeal, but it's' a longshot. Either way, O.J. will sit in jail while his appeals play out.
"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself." - Thomas Jefferson
dmbinchicago is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-05-2008, 04:05 AM   #122
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Rot in jail OJ
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #123
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GraceIsGone40 View Post
    You speak as if you know what you're talking about, as if you were present in the courtroom to hear the presentation of facts, as if you actually know more than what you heard from watching 5 minutes of CNN.

If his case were so weak, 12 semi-rational humans beings wouldn't vote to convict him.
    I actually have no life, so for the past three weeks all I did was watch the trial. I'd get home from class and watch it on CNN.com Live from like noon to 7 everyday.

No joke either.
    Old 10-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #124
    GraceIsGone40

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Uhhh, uh oh? Mistrial?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27022386/?GT1=43001

"But now it's been revealed that several of those jurors have said they disagreed with that murder acquittal."
    Saying you disagree with his previous verdict is one thing, and "having it out for OJ" because he disagree with his previous verdict is another.

Simply disagreeing with his murder verdict in no way implies that such opinions will manifest themselves in a vengeful manner.

For example, while 5 of the jurors indicated in the questionaire that they disagree with the murder verdict, all 12 of the jurors indicated that, all things considered, they could give OJ a fair trial.
    GraceIsGone40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #125
    AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I actually have no life, so for the past three weeks all I did was watch the trial. I'd get home from class and watch it on CNN.com Live from like noon to 7 everyday.

No joke either.
    don't type stuff like that with obama sig. gives him a bad name....

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #126
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post
    don't type stuff like that with obama sig. gives him a bad name....
    Why? Because I'm a student with a lot of down time?
    Old 10-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #127
    Elliott Evans
    Custom User Title

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

As long as those 5 jurors didn't let their convictions cloud their verdict in this case, there's nothing wrong with how they felt.
    Elliott Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #128
    Sniper15

Shows Seen: 115

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

The Karma Police always come around, it may take awhile but they always get your ass
    Old 10-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #129
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sniper15 View Post
    The Karma Police always come around, it may take awhile but they always get your ass
    Fail.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #130
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Has anyone ever read about the Jason Simpson theory? It's really interesting.

I found these on another forum and I think they're facts from the book that some dude wrote about OJ's son being the real killer.

1. As an adolescent, Jason performed poorly in school and demostrated many antisocial behaviours.

2. Considered a "problem child" at an early age. Documented in articles of interviews given by OJ.

3. Jason overdosed on drugs and alcohol at age 14 and was rushed to hospital.

4. Jason reportedly had difficulty communicating with his mother and at an early age moved in OJ and Nicole because Marguerite could not control him.

5. As a teenager Jason flew into a fit of rage and attacked a statue of his father with a baseball bat.

6. Jason stole his father's car and was turned in by Nicole.

7. Ronald Shipp stated Jason began being physically abused by his father at a young age.

8. Ronald Shipp described him as having pschological problems, along with abusing drugs and alcohol.

9. Jason was treated at the UCLA Neuro-Psychiatirc Institute for a mental condition, later being diagnosed as "Intermittent Rage Disorder" accompanied by seizures. He was prescribed Depakote, a drug frequently prescribed to individuals suffering from rage.

10. Jason dropped out or flunked out of USC.

11. According to Shipp, Jason had possibly stalked Nicole Simpson while she lived at Gretna Green.

12. According to Shipp, Jason and Nicole would go out dancing and partying together.

13. On more than one occasion Jason left or was fired from his job as a prep chef. Indications were he was unable to get along with people of authority.

14. Jason attempted suicide by stabbing himself with a pair of scissors.

15. Jason, in a fit of rage, assaulted his girlfriend Jackie where in he nearly breaks her back by throwing her into an empty bathtub.

16. Jason attacked his girlfriend Jackie with a chef's knife and cuts off her hair.

17. Jason attempted suicide by cutting his wrists with a shard of broken glass.

18. Jason attempted suicide a second time. This time by overdosing on Depakote. He was committed to the psychiatric ward at Saint John's hospital.

19. Jason had repeatedly been warned not to use drugs and alcohol while taking medication, because it could further complicate his existing neurological condition but continued to do so.

20. Jason was arrested for assaulting his former employer, Paul Goldberg, with a kitchen knife. At the time of the murders, Jason was still on probation for this earlier offense on Paul Goldberg.

21. Just prior to the murders, Jason felt he was "going to rage," and checked into Cedars Sinai Hospital. Previously, when he was about to rage, he claimed to hallucinate by hearing voices of people who weren't there.

22. Two months prior to the murders Jason, in a blind rage, assaulted his girlfriend, Jennifer Green, at his birthday party. Later that night, according to an article, he tried to strangle her.

23. Two months prior to the murders Jason was known to have stopped taking his Depakote because, as he was reported to have said, "It's f**king with my head."

24. On the night before the murders, Nicole had arranged to eat at Jackson's restaurant, where Jason was the chef, but she failed to show up the next night.

25. At 7pm on the night of the murders, Nicole and her family ate at Mezzaluna's restaurant instead of at Jackson's, where Jason was the chef.

26. According to Jennifer Green, and a waiter at Jackson's, Jason left the restaurant where he worked at around 9:45pm, approximately 45 mins to an hour prior to the murders.

27. Jason's civil deposition indicated he did not spend the evening with Jennifer Green as she indicated, but went directly home after he dropped Jennifer off at her apartment.

28. Jason had no alibi after 10pm, he claimed to watch TV until 3am.

29. Supposedly Jason had an "air-tight" alibi that he was cooking for 200 people at Jackson's restaurant. On that particular night there were less than 40 patrons at the restaurant the entire night. Jason left before it closed.

30. Experts established that the probable murder weapon was a chef's knife.

31. Jason had his own chef knives and kept them with him.

32. Jason had in his possession a set of chef knives when he left Jackson's restaurant at approximately 9:45pm on the night of the murders.

33. Jason was allegedly upset that Nicole and her party did not come to Jackson's as arranged on the night of June 12, 1994.

34. Jason's blood chemistry is supposed to have similar genetic characteristics as OJ's.

35. OJ and Jason have approximately the same size feet. Jason also had access to OJ's clothes closet and is known to have taken items of clothing from his dad at will.

36. James G. Cron, crime scene expert, has studied the investigative material and determined that Jason Simpson should have been considered a major suspect in the murders of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman.

37. England crime scene experts, Tery Merston and his partner, Peter Harpur, stated OJ is not the killer of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman but in all probability, was at the crime scene after the murders. They both felt Jason Simpson should have been considered a major suspect.

38. Dr. Harvey Davisson, Dr. William Flynn, Dr. William Tedford and Dr. Charles Keller reviewed Jason's records and felt that Jason Simpson is psychologically disturbed and in need of help.

39. Robert Shapiro, OJ's attorney, has indicated that Jason was his first suspect expect for his "air-tight" alibi. The air-tight alibi has now proven to be false.

40. Jason was never interviewed by any of the LA Police Law Enforcement Agencies nor the Prosecutor's Office. Nor was he asked to furnish an alibi for the evening of Sunday, June 12th, 1994 in conjuction with the killings. Nor, according to sources, were Jason's fingerprints examined in comparison to the unidentified fingerprints at the crime scene.

41. Jason's psychiatrist shredded all of Jaosn's medical records after the murders.

42. On the day after the murders, June 13, 1994, OJ hired a well-known criminal attorney to represent Jason. This was prior to OJ's arrest for the murders.

43. Jason breaks through the police line to reach his father at the conclusion of the slow-speed car chase.

44. Jason wouldn't give Jackie any straight answers about the murders.

45. Marcia Clark and the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office considered this to be a "rage killing by an amatuer."

46. Jason bolted from the funeral home, visibly upset, at the time of Nicole Simpson's funeral, not wanting to view Nicole's body.

47. Jason was arrested for hit and run during OJ's trial.
    Old 10-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #131
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

My Tour Central Stats

You couldn't have stretched that out to 50? Really?

Anyways, I still think it was the mob.

Quote:
    So is a glacier.
    Old 10-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #132
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bothedmbfan View Post
    You couldn't have stretched that out to 50? Really?

Anyways, I still think it was the mob.
    That's all I found where I found them. It only had 47 that I saw, otherwise I would have listed more if there was more.
    Old 10-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #133
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

My Tour Central Stats

You coulda just made shit up. Like this.

48. OJ was in the Naked Gun movies, thus giving him the forensic experience not to leave a messy crime scene.

Now, do two more...

Quote:
    So is a glacier.
    Old 10-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #134
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bothedmbfan View Post
    You coulda just made shit up. Like this.

48. OJ was in the Naked Gun movies, thus giving him the forensic experience not to leave a messy crime scene.

Now, do two more...
    49. OJ had just eaten McDonalds prior to the murders. This means that for a minimum of two hours after eating there, he would have been stuck on the toilet with the shits.

I can't think of one more right now.
    Old 10-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #135
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

My Tour Central Stats

50. He's fucking OJ, you know he didn't do this shit.

Quote:
    So is a glacier.
    Old 10-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #136
    dmbinchicago
    Greasy Animal

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Full verdict here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-C_wGZXHa0
    "I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself." - Thomas Jefferson
    dmbinchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #137
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Has anyone ever read about the Jason Simpson theory? It's really interesting.

I found these on another forum and I think they're facts from the book that some dude wrote about OJ's son being the real killer.

32. Jason had in his possession a set of chef knives when he left Jackson's restaurant at approximately 9:45pm on the night of the murders.
    34. Jason's blood chemistry is supposed to have similar genetic characteristics as OJ's.

35. OJ and Jason have approximately the same size feet. Jason also had access to OJ's clothes closet and is known to have taken items of clothing from his dad at will.

36. James G. Cron, crime scene expert, has studied the investigative material and determined that Jason Simpson should have been considered a major suspect in the murders of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman.

37. England crime scene experts, Tery Merston and his partner, Peter Harpur, stated OJ is not the killer of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman but in all probability, was at the crime scene after the murders. They both felt Jason Simpson should have been considered a major suspect.

I've mentioned this in the past, but a friend-of-a-friend knew Dr. Henry Lee, the blood expert for the Defense. He stated that there was two blood's at the crime scene, but he was never asked who the other blood could have belonged to. According to the person I knew (who was a cop who knew Lee thru his work in Connecticut), he believed that Jason Simpson was with his father when the murders occurred.

But the knife was OJ's. People forget that OJ purchased a knife before the murders. It was not introduced into evidence b/c the knife dealer sold his story to Hard Copy, and Marcia Clark thought that he made a bad witness b/c of that. But That was most likely the murder weapon.

I still think OJ did it. I just think that Jason was there too.
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #138
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I've mentioned this in the past, but a friend-of-a-friend knew Dr. Henry Lee, the blood expert for the Defense. He stated that there was two blood's at the crime scene, but he was never asked who the other blood could have belonged to. According to the person I knew (who was a cop who knew Lee thru his work in Connecticut), he believed that Jason Simpson was with his father when the murders occurred.

But the knife was OJ's. People forget that OJ purchased a knife before the murders. It was not introduced into evidence b/c the knife dealer sold his story to Hard Copy, and Marcia Clark thought that he made a bad witness b/c of that. But That was most likely the murder weapon.

I still think OJ did it. I just think that Jason was there too.
    I don't think that the knife was ever recovered, was it? I thought all they had was OJ purchasing a knife from the store. I don't think they ever recovered the actual weapon. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by Rodey; 10-06-2008 at 06:49 PM.
    Rodey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-03-2016, 11:46 PM   #139
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Bump

Just watched the June 17 1994 30 for 30. So I found this thread.

From what I heard O.J during his football and acting days was a very nice and likable person. Then he became this mentally ill sociopath bastard. I wonder if he was always Ill and living a lie his whole life.
    Old 01-04-2016, 12:25 AM   #140
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Getting hit in the head (and the rest of his body) for a living probably didn't help.
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-04-2016, 05:59 AM   #141
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    Bump

From what I heard O.J during his football and acting days was a very nice and likable person. Then he became this mentally ill sociopath bastard. I wonder if he was always Ill and living a lie his whole life.
    Might be the best one they've made.
    mthawk07 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-04-2016, 06:16 AM   #142
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Bump

It's crazy for me to think that you weren't even born when the first OJ trial happened. Not a knock at you at all.....just makes me feel old.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-04-2016, 06:38 AM   #143
    Dramageek
    Zounds!

Shows Seen: 56

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    It's crazy for me to think that you weren't even born when the first OJ trial happened. Not a knock at you at all.....just makes me feel old.
    Crazy. I remember watching the verdict in school. I was in 7th or 8th grade. I feel old, too.

In other news, the new FX Series American Crime Story is providing a dramatized version of the OJ Simpson fiasco, starring Cuba Gooding, Jr. as OJ.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2788432/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1
    Dramageek is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-04-2016, 08:07 AM   #144
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Bump

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    Getting hit in the head (and the rest of his body) for a living probably didn't help.
    OJ was a raging coke addict for most of his adult life. Friend of a friend was very tight with OJ.

OJ was always a bad guy; he just faked it very well in public.
    Old 01-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #145
    jray1823

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    OJ was a raging coke addict for most of his adult life. Friend of a friend was very tight with OJ.

OJ was always a bad guy; he just faked it very well in public.
    I feel like there is chance he was an okay guy early in his life and the drug addiction was where the turn was. I have some friends that were great people and then were completely disengaged and lacked any care for anyone besides themselves once that addiction took over. It's just not as obvious as other drugs.
    jray1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-04-2016, 09:51 AM   #146
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    The Casey Anthony case is the closest thing I have seen to compare to the O.J case. O.J case was probably alittle bigger.

Both IMO got away with murder.
    Old 01-04-2016, 09:57 AM   #147
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

I remember listening to the Casey Anthony trial on serius XM Radio almost the whole way to the breach ( a 6 hour trip) . That's some crazy stuff.
    Old 01-04-2016, 10:41 AM   #148
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dramageek View Post
    Crazy. I remember watching the verdict in school. I was in 7th or 8th grade. I feel old, too.

In other news, the new FX Series American Crime Story is providing a dramatized version of the OJ Simpson fiasco, starring Cuba Gooding, Jr. as OJ.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2788432/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

I was in 8th grade. I had shop class that period and the teacher put the TV on so we could watch the verdict. Lunch was the next period, and talking to people, it seemed like every teacher put it on so the kids (or more likely, so they) could watch.

Crazy.
    Old 03-04-2016, 08:29 AM   #149
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

OJ back in the news.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/04/oj-sim...-nicole-brown/

should have taken the knife with him and thrown it in the trash at the Airport
    Old 03-04-2016, 09:10 AM   #150
    jrkarger

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Ignoring the questionable nonsense about the shmo that kept the knife for years...

I'm not a paralegal so I have to ask, does this really matter because of double jeopardy?