*Pittsburgh/Burgettstown 2012* - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #31
patdocsteeler
Stairway To Seven

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Pittsburgh/Burgettstown 2012*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedak View Post
Niagara is such a dump.
1. it's starlake
2. that statement is way false---IMO it's a great venue, tailgates are always fun, place has good sound---glad it's my 'home base'
patdocsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #32
    cpxc.

Shows Seen: 119

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

although beautiful, blossom is my least favorite place to see a DMB show.
    Old 01-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #33
    Beals012

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Its nice inside Blossoms pavillion, but looking into it from the lawn it seems like the pavillion is in a hole or something. I just like Pittsburghs set up and pavillion is a bit nicer.

I do like going to the Winking Lizard for some great food/beer before the shows at Blossom tho....
    Beals012 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #34
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

the walk to the lots at blossom are long. I love the setting in the woods. But Starlake is nice. easy walk in, not much traffic. Lots of beer stands and a bar. Sound is great to boot. One of the better of the second tier pavilions.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #35
    cpxc.

Shows Seen: 119

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

I think every year I share my blossom story...

My girlfriend at the time, and myself decided last minute to go to the blossom show in 2008. We ordered lawn tickets and made the drive from IUP to blossom. My first thought was this place is gorgeous. We got a decent parking spot, began slamming beers, and even got to listen to the sound check. (I think Fool To Think was soundchecked if memory serves correctly). We go in and realize immediately that lawn was the absolute worst place to be.

Not only couldn't we see the stage, but when it was about to be showtime we were bombarded by the most ignorant high school kids you can imagine. I've been to 38 shows - probably 25 of those shows I've been in the lawn, so i'm definitely a lawn veteran, and know what i'm in for, but these kids were unreal. There was an older couple next to us that told us they go see DMB every year at blossom, they were very nice people probably in their 50's. Well the high school kids were smoking weed. The older couple asked them to please put it out when the one high school kid tells them to "shut the fuck up" I couldn't believe it. To make matters worse they were calling their friends up and telling them to "run past the old people" at the gates. So many of them didn't even pay and were just running in. Security was trying to shine flashlights to see if they could find them but it was a lost cause.

So even though we already had the best spot on the lawn which was still the worst spot on any lawn of any venue i've been too, we moved to another spot. At this point I'm a good 30 feet from the high school kids when I realize they're starting a mosh pit. I try to get security and they tell me there is nothing they can do.

For the first time in my life I left a DMB show early, and will never go back to blossom.
    Old 01-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #36
    jrkarger

Shows Seen: 55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cpxc. View Post
    I think every year I share my blossom story...

My girlfriend at the time, and myself decided last minute to go to the blossom show in 2008. We ordered lawn tickets and made the drive from IUP to blossom. My first thought was this place is gorgeous. We got a decent parking spot, began slamming beers, and even got to listen to the sound check. (I think Fool To Think was soundchecked if memory serves correctly). We go in and realize immediately that lawn was the absolute worst place to be.

Not only couldn't we see the stage, but when it was about to be showtime we were bombarded by the most ignorant high school kids you can imagine. I've been to 38 shows - probably 25 of those shows I've been in the lawn, so i'm definitely a lawn veteran, and know what i'm in for, but these kids were unreal. There was an older couple next to us that told us they go see DMB every year at blossom, they were very nice people probably in their 50's. Well the high school kids were smoking weed. The older couple asked them to please put it out when the one high school kid tells them to "shut the fuck up" I couldn't believe it. To make matters worse they were calling their friends up and telling them to "run past the old people" at the gates. So many of them didn't even pay and were just running in. Security was trying to shine flashlights to see if they could find them but it was a lost cause.

So even though we already had the best spot on the lawn which was still the worst spot on any lawn of any venue i've been too, we moved to another spot. At this point I'm a good 30 feet from the high school kids when I realize they're starting a mosh pit. I try to get security and they tell me there is nothing they can do.

For the first time in my life I left a DMB show early, and will never go back to blossom.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beals012 View Post
    Its nice inside Blossoms pavillion, but looking into it from the lawn it seems like the pavillion is in a hole or something. I just like Pittsburghs set up and pavillion is a bit nicer.

I do like going to the Winking Lizard for some great food/beer before the shows at Blossom tho....
    The 'Lizard is awesome!

I was at that same '08 show but had pavillion seats. The two times I've gone to Blossom, I've had pavillion seats and absolutely loved it. I would recommend giving it another try but doing pavillion this time.
    Old 01-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #37
    bluehorseshoe
    Beam and ginger please.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jrkarger View Post
    The crowd may be hit or miss sometimes but you can't discount some solid sets over the years.
    you didn't even list the best one

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...=72&where=2003
    bluehorseshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-26-2012, 05:36 AM   #38
    jrkarger

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe View Post
    Damnit! I was only there that weekend for N1. I'm still chasing Minarets and Cry Freedom 24 shows later!
    Old 01-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #39
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

My Tour Central Stats

New Rumored date, June 16 PNC Park..... I pray to god that isnt true. They neeeeeeeeedddd to go back to starlake

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #40
    Point202
    Frankly my dear...

Shows Seen: 63

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    New Rumored date, June 16 PNC Park..... I pray to god that isnt true. They neeeeeeeeedddd to go back to starlake
    Agreed
    Point202 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #41
    Ziggy45

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'll be so mad if this is true. 3 years of not having it a Starlake is terrible! PNC was a cool, one time thing, but it doesn't even compare to Starlake
    Ziggy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #42
    mandy18

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm just happy there's a tour and either Star Lake or PNC will happen (you know, with like 99.99% certainty).

I have to admit - I actually think I'd be more than ok with a PNC date.
    It isn't even close to being the same as Star Lake, but if they do a pit, Star Lake won't be the same anyway. So, if I lose my close seats (I'm not a pit person), I'd rather have the venue that takes me 5 minutes to get home from ...

Either way, I'll have a great time whether it is at PNC or Star Lake. I honestly think I might prefer PNC. The only thing I did not enjoy about PNC (aside from the downside of it being just 1 night) was that I didn't do the field - I had seats. So, I lost being "close." But, if there's a pit section at Star Lake, I lose that anyway, so why not just take the easy venue.

That said, in 2010, when the PNC Park rumors were really looking to be true, you couldn't book a room at the Spring Hill Suites PNC Park. There were "no rooms available" until after the date was announced and then the room prices shot up. At this time, you can still book a room there, so ... my guess is they are both in consideration at this time.
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #43
    thedak

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    New Rumored date, June 16 PNC Park.
    Good

thedak is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #44
    georifer
    Starlake 2012 D Loop

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seekupig View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few that prefer PNC over Starlake. Not big on camping and it's nice to be able to leave the show and just walk to the bars or back to the hotel. Just a lot more convenient, imo.

That is nice so how about a three night stand...friday saturday at starlake...(Monster truck announcer voice) SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY...at PNC
    Old 01-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #45
    Point202
    Frankly my dear...

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by georifer View Post
    That is nice so how about a three night stand...friday saturday at starlake...(Monster truck announcer voice) SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY...at PNC
    Keep dreaming.
    Old 02-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #46
    SomeDevil#41

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Hey all, Anybody from the PGH area play an instrument or sing DMB tunes? I can play around 50 different DMB songs and have been dying to find some one to play with, collaborate with, or just hang out and jam with some one who enjoys/appreciates the music as much as I do.

Really hope we have two nights at Star Lake this year, it feels like it has been FOREVER!! Between the PNC park Show and the Caravan tour it will be such a welcome home party at Star Lake. Not sure about anyone else but anyone who is a die-hard DMB fan from the Pittsburgh area knows that DMB and Star-Lake go hand in hand. The last time they played anywhere else was (other than PNC Park) was Three Rivers Stadium ( I believe it was 1999) and it poured down rain the entire show..anybody remember that?

Anyway, anybody out there who is into the music, sings, or plays an instrument of any kind, I would love to meet up with. Cheers.
    SomeDevil#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #47
    jnovo22

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

If there wasn't a history of great sets in PGH, I would almost consider not going if it was at PNC again. Almost...

I did VIP at PNC, just to see what it was like, and I wish I had GA, but I thought the sound quality was lacking, the crowd wasn't quite in it. I don't know..just didn't "feel right"..

I also went to Wrigley N2, and would do that again in a heart beat. There's just something about PNC and it's inhabitants....
    jnovo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #48
    georifer
    Starlake 2012 D Loop

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by point202 View Post
    keep dreaming.

will do what's up with messages needing to be 8 characters long?
    Old 02-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #49
    Point202
    Frankly my dear...

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    will do what's up with messages needing to be 8 characters long?
    Been that way here for a while now. To keep people from doing just a response.
    Old 02-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #50
    jrkarger

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jnovo22 View Post
    If there wasn't a history of great sets in PGH, I would almost consider not going if it was at PNC again. Almost...

I did VIP at PNC, just to see what it was like, and I wish I had GA, but I thought the sound quality was lacking, the crowd wasn't quite in it. I don't know..just didn't "feel right"..

I also went to Wrigley N2, and would do that again in a heart beat. There's just something about PNC and it's inhabitants....
    The PNC set was definitely under rated for 2010 sets. But, I would totally agree that the crowd was not into it at all.
    Old 02-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #51
    fryer98

Shows Seen: 41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Gotta be back at starlake this summer...PNC just isn't the same and I missed 09 because of a stupid vacation that had already been planned...two nights at starlake is like therapy for me...go camping and just chill out for a long weekend
    I missed '09 due to a wedding...
    Quote:
    ...and I have a wedding to go to on June 16th so I'll be REAL pissed if this is true.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Point202 View Post
    All I want this tour season is a DMB for two nights at Starlake, and camping with friends at Raccoon Creek.
    This!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Point202 View Post
    Yeah. Ask any Pittsburgher and we still call it Starlake even though it hasn't been called that for, what, 15 years or something. Geesh. I just made myself feel old
    I can remember driving out there to see it being built, so I'm with you there!

And yes, it'll always be Starlake.
    6/15/96, 8/4/98, 6/3-4/99, 7/3/00, 8/2-3+8/10/02, 6/26-27/03, 6/26-27/04, 6/4-5/05, 6/9-10/06, 8/10/07, 5/30-31/08, 6/19-20/09, 11/13/10, 6/24-26/11, 6/3+7/13-14/12, 5/31+6/1+7/13/13, 6/27-28/14, 6/6+7/8/15, 5/21+7/9/16, 6/14/17, 9/16/17, 6/1-2/18, 7/20/19, 8/27+9/29/21, 6/10+6/19+10/26+11/16/22, 6/23+9/1-3/23
    fryer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #52
    brian523

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I don't believe the hype. Still sticking with my original info.
    brian523 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #53
    jrkarger

My Tour Central Stats

I highly doubt they play PNC again this year. When was the last time they played two baseball stadiums in consecutive tours (obviously not counting the caravans as a tour).

Also, I thought that list that had June 16 at PNC has been accepted as being bogus?
    Old 02-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #54
    mattbel

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I highly doubt they play PNC again this year. When was the last time they played two baseball stadiums in consecutive tours (obviously not counting the caravans as a tour).

Also, I thought that list that had June 16 at PNC has been accepted as being bogus?
    One can only hope. I really don't want to see Dave at a horrible sounding stadium, also let's not forget about the ridiculously high ticket prices for a stadium show.
    mattbel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #55
    mattbel

My Tour Central Stats

Jul 13-14 Burgettstown

That's from the new rumored tour dates taken from the warehouse message board. Seems very accurate with the info that was given before.
    Old 02-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #56
    TrippingKyle

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattbel View Post
    Jul 13-14 Burgettstown

That's from the new rumored tour dates taken from the warehouse message board. Seems very accurate with the info that was given before.

I would love those dates!
    TrippingKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #57
    mattbel

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrippingKyle View Post
    I would love those dates!
    Seems accurate. Ever since Dave has been doing two nights at starlake it's alway fri and sat. I think sat and sun was once.
    Old 02-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #58
    MSundberg
    Don'tBurntheDay

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The PNC set was definitely under rated for 2010 sets. But, I would totally agree that the crowd was not into it at all.
    I would have to disagree with the crowd not being into it. Dave let the crowd sing the first couple lines of Jimi Thing. So how could you argue against that? I was in the "out field" and I thought the crowd was great....
    Old 02-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #59
    jnovo22

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSundberg View Post
    I would have to disagree with the crowd not being into it. Dave let the crowd sing the first couple lines of Jimi Thing. So how could you argue against that? I was in the "out field" and I thought the crowd was great....
    Along with almost every other set Jimi Thing shows up in, so I'm not buying it.

The only other show I can compare it to was Wrigley N2, so if anyone else made the trek, they would probably agree, that there was a world of difference between the PNC Crowd and the Wrigley Crowd, last show of the summer notwithstanding
    jnovo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #60
    thedak

Shows Seen: 50

My Tour Central Stats

Wrigley is a dump.
    thedak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
    2012 , burgettstown , pittsburgh , summer , tour