Official Molson Amphitheatre 2004 Thread - T.O. - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 03-24-2004, 10:32 AM   #121
DMB-CRAZY
Canadian in America

Shows Seen: 127

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Official Molson Amphitheatre 2004 Thread - T.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasquith
Here are my experiences...

Though I expect demand is up this year (no Montreal show, no Michigan show, no SPAC... and better timing), last year WH members did very well for Toronto. The vast majority of WH tickets -- from what I read on the various boards -- where in the 100s and 200s. It seems a good number of first year members were even in the 200s. On the other hand, most TM people were in the 300s and worse. Correct me if I'm wrong, just my observations.

I went to Toronto with a group of 4 last year. My WH pair was in sec. 202 (second year member at the time) and my TM pair, getting right through at 10am, was sec. 304. For Toronto, I think sticking with your WH pair will be fine.

For Darien... it's tough. Darien Lake is not a huge venue, and a large chunk of good seats are for coporate/vip/Clear Channel, so what you get from WH may not be very impressive. You'll pretty much have to be 4th year or greater to get anything better than the 300s. On the other hand, you may not have any better luck with TM. Darien Lake is high demand... it'll sell out faster than a lot of places. I'm not sure what to suggest here, but don't get your hopes up for great seats from either TM, or WH.
Thanks alot, you pretty much made up my mind, I think I am just going to stick with my WH tix (although I am only a first year member) I think any seats would be satisfactory to me, I'm just happy they are not lawn. I was in the 400s for TO last year through TM, they werent that bad....I guess this just saves me money and time for trying to sell the other tickets later on.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-24-2004, 11:30 AM   #122
    yin_yang
    Peachy

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB-CRAZY
    Thanks alot, you pretty much made up my mind, I think I am just going to stick with my WH tix (although I am only a first year member) I think any seats would be satisfactory to me, I'm just happy they are not lawn. I was in the 400s for TO last year through TM, they werent that bad....I guess this just saves me money and time for trying to sell the other tickets later on.
    Why stick with your probably 300 or 400 seats when you could EASILY get 100 or 200 if you just go on to TM on time at noon on April 3rd?
    yin_yang is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-24-2004, 02:59 PM   #123
    crushnancy
    www.bigvillage.ca

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB-CRAZY
    I think I have decided against getting TM tickets along with my WH tickets. I got reserved seats for TO, I know it means I dont have lawn, but how good are the seats going to be? My thinking earlier was that I was going to get lawn seats, but now that I know im not, I think ill just stick with my WH tickets...any recommendations on what I should do (this goes the same for the Darien show..I got reserved tix)...
    I was going to do the same thing...

But now that I know I have reserved seating, I should be happy. Although, I will be itching to try on Saturday. I think I may log on and see what tickets I can get...and will only order them if they are REALLY good.
    Old 03-24-2004, 07:08 PM   #124
    dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Go for one pair on;line BUT I'll bet you, even without Montreal or Ottawa, your WH tix will be brilliant. 13th row in the 100's was SOOOO close - it was an awesome experience.
    I spoke today to the Warehouse, AMEX Front Of The Line, Ticketmaster and Molson Amphitheatre box office. The only person that confirmed this show is on was the Warehouse (the most important)
    Amphitheatre said the show is not confirmed and ticketmaster said the same - that is why it's THE ONLY show of the tour to not be placed on TM as an onsale date of Saturday April 3rd at noon.
    Oh well, hopefully they'll put it up on Monday. I've just never seen a show where the whole tour is confirmed by the Official Site and yet the tix are not showing as coming up, despite the rest of the tour being listed.
    Old 03-26-2004, 05:43 AM   #125
    dobyblue

My Tour Central Stats

I got a pair in the 200's last year through the Warehouse Instant Ticketing. Sec 202 row 11 or something like that. Brilliant seats, so don't despair if you don't have tix yet and you don't get any on Sat 3rd - there are other ways before having to resort to mugging a scalper and distributing their tickets for free.
    Old 03-26-2004, 09:21 PM   #126
    texasdmblvr
    share the time again

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dobyblue
    I got a pair in the 200's last year through the Warehouse Instant Ticketing. Sec 202 row 11 or something like that. Brilliant seats, so don't despair if you don't have tix yet and you don't get any on Sat 3rd - there are other ways before having to resort to mugging a scalper and distributing their tickets for free.
    sheesh, i've got extras, but not for T.O. sorry buddy

my pics <click**

too much dave < click

my list<click
    texasdmblvr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-01-2004, 06:12 PM   #127
    crushnancy
    www.bigvillage.ca

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

My husband heard the announcment for the show on a local radio station this morning...I am assuming tickets are now up for sale on Saturday on ticketmaster!!!
    Old 04-01-2004, 07:04 PM   #128
    Beeshie
    Proud Canadian

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Yup its up on Ticketmaster, and even though it sorta sucks for some that they have a ticket limit of 2 for the 100's,200's and 300's, it works out good for me cause Im only going with one friend and it might make it harder for scalpers to get a shit load of tickets... making it easier for fans like us to get better seats.. just a thought. Well good luck everyone, hope we all get kick ass seats!!!!!
    Beeshie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-01-2004, 07:22 PM   #129
    Rippy
    Jerry's Kids

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

im gettin lawn. is the lawn decent there?
    Rippy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-01-2004, 07:28 PM   #130
    Beeshie
    Proud Canadian

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rippy
    Im not a huge fan of the lawn, Ive seen a few concerts there, and I always find the sound to not be as good, kind of echo'd or tinny, but maybe it was jsut the bands that I saw, Ive never seen Dave while on the lawn there, so it may be fine.... I would say get there early so that you aren't stuck up on the top of the hill though, because if you are closer to the bottom, your view is pretty good, although I wouldnt say that there is any really bad seats in the place, I love the venue, especially watching a summer concert, its pretty sweet....
    Old 04-01-2004, 08:17 PM   #131
    kasquith
    A new poetry

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rippy
    Lawn is nice... I've only seen one show from the lawn (Coldplay last June) and the sound was a bit low at first, but either I got used to it or they fixed the problem a few songs in.

Other than that -- lawn is great! Lawn capacity is 7,000... compared to 15,000 to 20,000 at many U.S. venues. And it's at a decent incline. This means even at the very back, it's not too bad of a view at all. I can only base it on one experience, but people were pretty cool and mature. Peaceful but fun lawn. Plus, from the lawn you can see the city skyline in the distance above the pavilion roof and to your left the sun sets over the lake. It's quite beautiful on a summer night.

Attached a cool picture of the venue, borrowed from Weezer's site. It's a fish-eye, so that distorts thing a bit... and the open area in front is the pit... replaced with about 16 rows of chairs for DMB's 100 level.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg viewfromstage.jpg (50.4 KB, 47 views)
    kasquith is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-01-2004, 09:04 PM   #132
    Rippy
    Jerry's Kids

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

sweet
    Rippy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-02-2004, 05:27 AM   #133
    brockboi
    "crapface"

Shows Seen: 45

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beeshie
    Yup its up on Ticketmaster, and even though it sorta sucks for some that they have a ticket limit of 2 for the 100's,200's and 300's,
    THIS F'N SUCKS. i can't believe they're pulling this shit. i wanna go with my sis and a friend...uhhhh...can't! so stupid.
    brockboi is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-02-2004, 07:34 AM   #134
    DMB-CRAZY
    Canadian in America

Shows Seen: 127

My Tour Central Stats

I was in the 400s last year, and it wasnt too bad, wasnt bad at all actually, so you are allowed 6 in the 400s and the lawn, that way you can go with your sis and the friend...
    Old 04-02-2004, 08:16 AM   #135
    dobyblue

My Tour Central Stats

It's still bullshit.
    DMB is the only act at the Amphitheatre they are pulling this shit for.
    Last year was 4 tix each and 6 in the lawns.
    2 each - that's well out of order, 80's style!
    I've got 4 people all together. We have drinks before and after no doubt but we wont be sitting together which sucks balls.
    I notice ticketmaster says 6 ALL TOGETHER. I'm waiting right now to speak to someone. If I get 2 then get another 2 on the same account and one of them gets cancelled I'll freak
    I hope there is Instant Ticketing for the Amphitheatre again.
    Old 04-02-2004, 10:15 AM   #136
    AudreyM

Shows Seen: 100

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dobyblue
    I hope there is Instant Ticketing for the Amphitheatre again.
    But you'll still won't get 4 seats together....
    AudreyM is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-02-2004, 10:32 AM   #137
    texasdmblvr
    share the time again

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

: [SIZE=4]EEK[/SIZE] :

my pics <click**

too much dave < click

my list<click
    texasdmblvr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-02-2004, 11:42 AM   #138
    dobyblue

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AudreyM
    But you'll still won't get 4 seats together....
    That's okay. I'll be sitting with my brother which will be fine by me. My two buddies Mike and Clint can enjoy the ahow. We'll ba hanging out before the show at Boathouse Bar & Grill 207 Queens Quay and then drinks at the Amphitheatre in the treehouse hopefully with some fellow Ants at both sites.
    After much debate I think it's cool that the scalpers will be a little screwed by this 2 ticket thing. The more DMB fans paying face value the better.
    The Instant Ticketing I referred to was because last year I got 2 tickets in Sec 203 approx row 11 which was awesome. I was in Sec 102 row 13.
    I know I wont get 4 together but neither will the scalpers and that's good news.
    Sucks for brockboi though; he has 3 people going. Not quite as easy as 4. Someone is on their own or you get 400's or lawns. Nothing wrong with the lawns but DMB at Amphitheatre is an excellent gig when you get close.
    I went to Coldplay last year and had 6th row in sec 406. It was an excellent concert and the view is not bad but I really enjoy getting close for DMB. Seeing the way they communicate with each other and their facial gestures - can't beat it.
    It just surprised me when I first saw it.

Ticketmaster will allow you to get 3 pairs. Just not at the same time. If you have more than 6 tickets all together on the same name, billing address or CC they will cancel all of them. So at least I should still be able to get my 4 tickets. 2 of them will be much better than the other two - which is why I hope there's some Instant Tickets.

You're right though - we wont be together as four.
    Old 04-02-2004, 02:07 PM   #139
    Beeshie
    Proud Canadian

My Tour Central Stats

Ive been in the 400's as well and its not that bad, Im glad that my one friend bailed on me, as bad as this sounds because now its just me and my sister so we can have a better chance of getting close..... Im actually going to my work where we are on a network so that the internet line is quicker, because when I got tickets for MSG last year, I was on the site like 1 min after tickets went on sale and we were up in the very balcony behind the stage (really shitty tickets) so Im hoping that with a faster PC it might help me get better seats as well... I dont care too much though, as long as I get there!!!!!
    Old 04-03-2004, 08:23 AM   #140
    brockboi
    "crapface"

My Tour Central Stats

so here is my plan of attack. i'm going after two tickets. if i get two in the 100s (no chance in hell) or 200s then i'm keeping them and getting two off TM if i still can with another credit card or get two off someone who is selling. if i don't get two good ones, then i'm just going after 4 in the 400s of lawn.

so if anyone is selling extra's i'll prob. be buying if i only get two through TM.
    Old 04-03-2004, 08:27 AM   #141
    Beeshie
    Proud Canadian

My Tour Central Stats

I have a question.... when you buy them off TM, you can choose 100,200,300 etc or you can select best available, do you think its best to do best available and see what they come up with or try to get 100's or 200's???
    Old 04-03-2004, 09:11 AM   #142
    Onemoredrink
    Fall back again...

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Scored two tix in section 201 off TM..plus my two warehouse tickets...i'm satisfied...how did everyone else do??

c.
    Old 04-03-2004, 09:15 AM   #143
    yin_yang
    Peachy

My Tour Central Stats

I sucked balls. I was refreshing the page as fast as I could, with DSL, got in really quickly, and still got only 203 row XX. I will be sellling my WH tickets by the way. e-mail me for info. guns_n_roses@sympatico.ca
    Old 04-03-2004, 09:18 AM   #144
    Onemoredrink
    Fall back again...

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yin_yang
    I sucked balls. I was refreshing the page as fast as I could, with DSL, got in really quickly, and still got only 203 row XX. I will be sellling my WH tickets by the way. e-mail me for info. guns_n_roses@sympatico.ca
    The view from the 200s is pretty good...even way at the back..and who knows..maybe your warehouse tix will be even better..

ps..nice email address...saw GNR is London, Ont a couple years ago
    Old 04-03-2004, 09:22 AM   #145
    brockboi
    "crapface"

My Tour Central Stats

i had to settle for lawns!!!

so as of right now i'm not looking to buy any, but i still may be in a bit.
    Old 04-03-2004, 09:25 AM   #146
    yin_yang
    Peachy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onemoredrink
    The view from the 200s is pretty good...even way at the back..and who knows..maybe your warehouse tix will be even better..

ps..nice email address...saw GNR is London, Ont a couple years ago
    Do you know by the way where XX is, is it in the back? I'm guessing it is, but on the seating chart it goes ZZ, then W and something else?

I'm still pretty pissed off, I had 203 last year, and it was seat 8, now I have seats 30 AND 31, FARTHER FROM THE CENTRE!!!
    Old 04-03-2004, 09:25 AM   #147
    kasquith
    A new poetry

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Got WH reserved, but I'll be with a group of four so I grabbed a second pair today. 304, row L. Brutal. Oh well, at least WH will be good like last year.

You know what's disgusting though?
    $3.75 per ticket facility charge
    $9.25 per ticket TM convenience fee
    $5.50 for "TicketFast" or $3.00 for will call or mail.

With the cheapest option, it's almost $30 in fees for a pair of tickets.

WH ain't lookin' so bad again...
    kasquith is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-03-2004, 09:30 AM   #148
    brockboi
    "crapface"

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kasquith
    Got WH reserved, but I'll be with a group of four so I grabbed a second pair today. 304, row L. Brutal. Oh well, at least WH will be good like last year.

You know what's disgusting though?
    $3.75 per ticket facility charge
    $9.25 per ticket TM convenience fee
    $5.50 for "TicketFast" or $3.00 for will call or mail.

With the cheapest option, it's almost $30 in fees for a pair of tickets.

WH ain't lookin' so bad again...
    "disgusting" is correct. that is just horrible. they can't screw you enough so they put in a fee for WILL CALL or SNAIL MAIL! just terrible. i was pissed at that too.
    Old 04-03-2004, 09:32 AM   #149
    scotty12
    Since Nov 19,03

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

203 row YY....seat #s in the 30s I think.

Better than nothing and if WH beats that then selling @ face should be no problem.
    Old 04-03-2004, 09:32 AM   #150
    Beeshie
    Proud Canadian

My Tour Central Stats

I AM SO PISSED!!!! I was online and then my server crashed, so I had to speed my ass downtown and get in line, so now i have shitty shitty seats sec. 410, becasue this mother fucker after he got his tickets was asking about Deana Carter tickets, I was about to fucking slap him one... so if anyone is selling tickets Ill be interested!!!! beeshie_michi@hotmail.com
    IM SOOOOOO ANGRY

Tags
    summer 2004 , toronto