The Tokers Terrace - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #121
SoRight24
Finally

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Marijuana Smoker's Thread (Part2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon View Post
I do enjoy a nightime game of putt-putt/mini-golf, tho. I usually hole-in-one on about every other hole. I just hate the ridiculous field hazards, like water, on a putt-putt course. There is a hole that has a 3 foot water gap, so you either need to basically swing or jump the ball. I usually get the ball as close to the water as possible, then follow up with a jump. Can you think of anything better to do? I have 5$ on the next game this weekend.
I don't know why, maybe because I'm high, but I laughed at this.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #122
    trippinbilli40
    Give up the ghost

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

soo..i started smoking in march 2005 and have NEVER quit or gone sober for longer than maybe 3 or 4 days, and today i think im gonna try to quit. i dont have a reason, or any timeframe, but im gonna try. i need to spend money on other stuff and i REALLY REALLY need a girlfriend.

so, basically...what the hell should i do with my time now? usually when i get off work i go smoke but right now im sitting here at my desk, and could leave at any time, but i dont really have anything to do. any ideas?
    trippinbilli40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #123
    MGH4007
    dim5

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I had the same problem when I cut back on smoking. I would have all this free time and I would wanna smoke just because but I found stuff to do after a week or so. Im sure you'll find something.
    Old 05-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #124
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trippinbilli40 View Post
    soo..i started smoking in march 2005 and have NEVER quit or gone sober for longer than maybe 3 or 4 days, and today i think im gonna try to quit. i dont have a reason, or any timeframe, but im gonna try. i need to spend money on other stuff and i REALLY REALLY need a girlfriend.

so, basically...what the hell should i do with my time now? usually when i get off work i go smoke but right now im sitting here at my desk, and could leave at any time, but i dont really have anything to do. any ideas?
    I say this every time I run out for a period of time, but I think I might go on a hiatus of a few months when I feel it is appropriate, that is, when I don't have problems to temporarily forget about, insurrmountable anxiety, depression, and insomnia...not to mention being a total dick to everyone around me.

I wouldn't quit soley because you need a girlfriend. You can find someone who partakes, but it's a good idea, as a general rule, to avoid a pothead girlfriend if you yourself are a pothead. Two peas in a pod, etc. If you find someone who can help you balance your life, great. Also, sometimes pussy just complicates shit, and I'm sure women would say the same thing about us.

You should get at the root of why you really want to quit. The monetary justification is valid, without a doubt, but quitting just because you want a girlfriend is not valid, in my opinion. Of course, objectively, I'm wrong. I've said the same thing, but at this point I am of the mindset beyond getting laid - I just want to companionship. It's been hard since I've moved away for school. Quit because YOU want to quit, and provide yourself an incentive to quit, such as by setting a realistic and easily acheivable, but challenge goal.

As for your time, use it to accomplish your goal. If you have a hobbie that you like or a trip you want to take, save up money for it or get into the hobby. Hang out with the right people and try to have a busy social life -- that could bring a girl into your life. Set a list of minor goals for each and every day, get them done - before you know it it'll be time to pass out and you won't think about toking up once the routine isn't there. You just need to kill the habit. The desire will go away after a couple of weeks, you might even completely change. I've seen people do it.

I've been going through alot of these issues, so I hope that all the shit above helped and that you might actually read it. I'm a little verbose by nature. Good luck. Also, stay away from this thread...that helps too. A bunch of people talking about how they're ripped doesn't help, nor do friends and acquaintences. Change your playmates, playplaces, and playthings wherever possible.

Peace.
    Old 05-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #125
    trippinbilli40
    Give up the ghost

Shows Seen: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I say this every time I run out for a period of time, but I think I might go on a hiatus of a few months when I feel it is appropriate, that is, when I don't have problems to temporarily forget about, insurrmountable anxiety, depression, and insomnia...not to mention being a total dick to everyone around me.

I wouldn't quit soley because you need a girlfriend. You can find someone who partakes, but it's a good idea, as a general rule, to avoid a pothead girlfriend if you yourself are a pothead. Two peas in a pod, etc. If you find someone who can help you balance your life, great. Also, sometimes pussy just complicates shit, and I'm sure women would say the same thing about us.

You should get at the root of why you really want to quit. The monetary justification is valid, without a doubt, but quitting just because you want a girlfriend is not valid, in my opinion. Of course, objectively, I'm wrong. I've said the same thing, but at this point I am of the mindset beyond getting laid - I just want to companionship. It's been hard since I've moved away for school. Quit because YOU want to quit, and provide yourself an incentive to quit, such as by setting a realistic and easily acheivable, but challenge goal.

As for your time, use it to accomplish your goal. If you have a hobbie that you like or a trip you want to take, save up money for it or get into the hobby. Hang out with the right people and try to have a busy social life -- that could bring a girl into your life. Set a list of minor goals for each and every day, get them done - before you know it it'll be time to pass out and you won't think about toking up once the routine isn't there. You just need to kill the habit. The desire will go away after a couple of weeks, you might even completely change. I've seen people do it.

I've been going through alot of these issues, so I hope that all the shit above helped and that you might actually read it. I'm a little verbose by nature. Good luck. Also, stay away from this thread...that helps too. A bunch of people talking about how they're ripped doesn't help, nor do friends and acquaintences. Change your playmates, playplaces, and playthings wherever possible.

Peace.
    thanks for that.

theres no sole reason i can pick out for wanting to quit...ive just worn it out i think. all my friends now are friendships based, it seems now, soley on smoking. my friends will call me, and if i dont have any money or any weed, then thats it. There's nothing else there besides smoking, and its really hit me hard the last few days. i really need to completely rethink all the people ive been hanging out with and thinking were my friends, because unfortunately it really feels like they're not.

i dont even know how to explain it...i just feel really alone right now and smoking just isnt really fun anymore.
    trippinbilli40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 08:52 PM   #126
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trippinbilli40 View Post
    thanks for that.

theres no sole reason i can pick out for wanting to quit...ive just worn it out i think. all my friends now are friendships based, it seems now, soley on smoking. my friends will call me, and if i dont have any money or any weed, then thats it. There's nothing else there besides smoking, and its really hit me hard the last few days. i really need to completely rethink all the people ive been hanging out with and thinking were my friends, because unfortunately it really feels like they're not.

i dont even know how to explain it...i just feel really alone right now and smoking just isnt really fun anymore.
    I know the feeling. People love you when you've got the drop, but nobody knows you when your down and out, or low and dry. That's the way life works, it's not just a pot thing. It's not about who you know or get to know, it's about who has been there, who has stood by you through thick and thin, walked with you, been there for you in times of sickness, crisis, and the worst times in your life. I delineate my smoking buddies from my true friends (of which I really only have three), although there are some smoke buddies who overlap as friends for certain reasons.

I've always been personal with my smoke, that is, I'm mainly a solitary person when I recreate. I tend to say shit in groups and talk about my problems (I guess I'm technically black according to Dave Chappelle's stand-up), which I normally wouldn't do if I weren't under the influence. I only smoke socially out of necessity or if there's something else going on and it happens to happen.

It's good to have a balance of puff pals and true friends. Sometimes you need to get away from your friends. Sometimes you need them. I lead a double life in this sense; my friends know that I smoke and have smoked on occasion with me, but we don't need to smoke to chill, we can just enjoy each other's company without it.

I go through what you're going through every time I go through withdrawal, especially when I know people are sitting on shit and can't even give me a puff, and especially when I connected them in the first place. Just keep your head up, try to stay busy, clear your head for a few days before you make a permenent decision. Perhaps an extended (i.e 1+ months) break is in order. I've been meaning to take one, but like you I've smoked heavily since 2004, and occassionally since '96. The longest break I've had since 04 has been maybe 6 weeks. It was great, too, coming back. I have learned to use nature's bounty in moderation, but more is definitely needed.
    Old 05-09-2007, 08:39 AM   #127
    MGH4007
    dim5

My Tour Central Stats

Pretty much all of my friends smoke, but we were friends before we smoked so it happened in a good way. I can still call them up and I know for a fact if they had weed and I didnt they would smoke me up, and that goes the other way too. They way I see it it all evens out in the end with the weed.
    Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #128
    MGH4007
    dim5

My Tour Central Stats

Old 05-09-2007, 02:19 PM   #129
    DMB-CRAZY
    Canadian in America

Shows Seen: 127

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DreamingTree#40 View Post
    I am actually on my school's golf team and me and my buddy smoke before just about every practice. Imo, golf is the best thing to do when your baked. Before my last match I smoked and I shot 69, my best score ever. Nothing like playing 18 holes and smoking a few blunts in the cart
    It made me more relaxed for sure...and I concentrated on the ball alot more. I will definently make it part of my golfing routine now
    Old 05-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #130
    DreamingTree#40

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB-CRAZY View Post
    It made me more relaxed for sure...and I concentrated on the ball alot more. I will definently make it part of my golfing routine now
    I smoked some headies before our conference tournament yesterday and shot another 69, so I think I have a new routine also. By the back nine the buzz had worn off, but it still kept me real relaxed in the beginning. Plus, I think the golf course is a really nice place when your high because everything is immaculate and you really appreciate all the details.
    DreamingTree#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-10-2007, 07:11 AM   #131
    MGH4007
    dim5

My Tour Central Stats

Today were playing New Hartford (high school). This team is sponsered by titleist, much like a high school football team gets all nike stuff. Two of their top six have dads on the pga/senoir pga tour. This coarse is beautiful too that they play at. i cant wait to get killed by them, but it will definatly be a fun round.
    Old 05-10-2007, 07:15 AM   #132
    hylidaea

My Tour Central Stats

A coworker had a surprise drug test on Monday and he had smoked all weekend. I wonder if he'll be at work today.
    Old 05-10-2007, 07:20 AM   #133
    MGH4007
    dim5

My Tour Central Stats

wow, thats shitty. how often does your work do this?
    Old 05-10-2007, 07:46 AM   #134
    hylidaea

My Tour Central Stats

I've never heard of it. Policy states they can do RDTs at any time, they just don't. But this guy is a contractor and we think they are starting to do the drug tests whenever a contractor renews his contract. I'm an employee, and although I *could* get an RDT, I've never heard of it happening.
    Old 05-10-2007, 09:47 AM   #135
    MGH4007
    dim5

My Tour Central Stats

Weak, I'm still in high school but I'm worried that by the time im out of college that all business's, etc. will do standard hair tests.
    Old 05-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #136
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hylidaea View Post
    A coworker had a surprise drug test on Monday and he had smoked all weekend. I wonder if he'll be at work today.
    unless you're (or he) is making good dough, I'd say you're in a bullshit line of work. That's none of my business, but even places that drug test usually don't do it after the pre-employment screen.

...also even places that randomly drug test will usually let a worker go on probation for weed if they haven't had any problems on the job...I mean, it's just weed...especially if it's a highly specialized position and their job performance hasn't dropped off. It's wiser and easier to give that person the benefit of the doubt, re-test them during/after probation, and let them keep their job than it is to train someone else to do their work, or to put someone else in the company to do their job and shift the roster around.

I worked for Sears and we had that policy, although sears never random drug tested without cause (i.e damage to company property, etc.). I think that's the way it should be, if they're going to pull that shit. What I do in my off time is none of The Man's fucking business, and if I ever get fired from a job because of it, I won't go postal but I'll see if I can either spit in the CEO/bosses face or just fucking punch them

...WOW SOMEONE'S GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWAL...

even though I smoked some stems last night...to take the edge off.

They really need to give me something stronger than valium...I'm thinking....horse tranquilizers.
    Old 05-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #137
    hylidaea

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    unless you're (or he) is making good dough, I'd say you're in a bullshit line of work. That's none of my business, but even places that drug test usually don't do it after the pre-employment screen.
    We both do.... Gov.
    Quote:
    ...also even places that randomly drug test will usually let a worker go on probation for weed if they haven't had any problems on the job...I mean, it's just weed...especially if it's a highly specialized position and their job performance hasn't dropped off. It's wiser and easier to give that person the benefit of the doubt, re-test them during/after probation, and let them keep their job than it is to train someone else to do their work, or to put someone else in the company to do their job and shift the roster around.
    I hope so. he's all those things. No one would ever have guessed that about him, even knowing what a flaming hippie he was back in the day (living on a commune, organizing an underground railroad for draft dodgers, eating inch worms, etc.), so I hope they go easy on him.

Quote:
    I worked for Sears and we had that policy, although sears never random drug tested without cause (i.e damage to company property, etc.). I think that's the way it should be, if they're going to pull that shit. What I do in my off time is none of The Man's fucking business, and if I ever get fired from a job because of it, I won't go postal but I'll see if I can either spit in the CEO/bosses face or just fucking punch them
    Yeah, it's the man's business when the Man is Uncle Sam.

Quote:
    ...WOW SOMEONE'S GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWAL...

even though I smoked some stems last night...to take the edge off.

They really need to give me something stronger than valium...I'm thinking....horse tranquilizers.
    KEEP IT TOGETHER, MAN! :slap!
    Old 05-10-2007, 10:48 PM   #138
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We both do.... Gov.
    I hope so. he's all those things. No one would ever have guessed that about him, even knowing what a flaming hippie he was back in the day (living on a commune, organizing an underground railroad for draft dodgers, eating inch worms, etc.), so I hope they go easy on him.

Yeah, it's the man's business when the Man is Uncle Sam.

KEEP IT TOGETHER, MAN! :slap!
    hahaha...yeah, I'm a little better now...got a small dose of "medicine."

Hope all is well on that end tho. Today someone was like, "you need to chill the fuck out Chris, come with me, NOW!" ...and I didn't refuse. I wonder if I can get a medicinal permit in Cali for psych reasons? I don't consider myself a headcase, but I'm not perfect. I've heard they give them out for basically anything depending on the source. I'm really thinking about going west one day...if only to try it out or visit for a few months. I don't really have much holding me here on the East Coast.

Robert Plant said it best in "Goin' to California"
    Old 05-10-2007, 10:51 PM   #139
    hylidaea

My Tour Central Stats

I recommend going West.

And I hope that other states follow suit soon. I know they will, but probably a lot later than I would like. Then, after that, they will start making marijuana laws state level instead of Fed and states will begin loosening up until marijuana is as legal (and regulated) as alcohol. that's my unejamacated theory. Be nice if it all happens before Willie dies.

Edit: Oh, and I meant to add... yeah, I think it is good therapy for some people. Not so much a psychiatric drug, but a therapy, and not a physical addiction. It is a therapy for me, anyway. Sounds like it really is for you, too.

Last edited by hylidaea; 05-10-2007 at 10:53 PM.
    hylidaea is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2007, 10:25 AM   #140
    GLR87
    Play

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Does anyone here really think that within the next hundred years marijuana will be accepted and available for the masses, as much as alcohol is now? I do not vision myself ever walking into a store and buying weed, unless I am in Amsterdam...

GLR87 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #141
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

My Tour Central Stats

a guy i know says he can get me a pound of "decent shit" for $20. how "decent" do you think it would be for $20?
    Old 05-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #142
    GLR87
    Play

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcc522 View Post
    a guy i know says he can get me a pound of "decent shit" for $20. how "decent" do you think it would be for $20?
    is it oregano?

Old 05-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #143
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GLR87 View Post
    is it oregano?

yeah... that was a joke... who would seriously sell a pound for $20
    Old 05-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #144
    hylidaea

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GLR87 View Post
    Does anyone here really think that within the next hundred years marijuana will be accepted and available for the masses, as much as alcohol is now? I do not vision myself ever walking into a store and buying weed, unless I am in Amsterdam...
    We can always hope, Greg.
    Old 05-12-2007, 12:09 AM   #145
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

man, what a day.

last final, then a nice nap, then caught a southern rock/country cover band and blazed during the show in public no less, then chilled with friends, killed my excess liquor and beer supply, including private NY and VT stock, smoke some kind, listened to some tunes, watched Planet Earth...good stuff all around...
    Old 05-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #146
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcc522 View Post
    only thing I've heard of going for $20 is a cheap ounce of the dirtiest dirty sanchezian mexiscwag, you sure he didn't see an ounce? I can't think of any possible way of how a pound can be all liie not that cheap and stuff...it just isn't good and what not...either you're getting a gift, one helluva deal, or that's just a situation x and that ain't weed you're smoking, either way, contact your local 420 chapter of the Better Blazing Bureau for the 411. Word.
    Old 05-12-2007, 12:17 AM   #147
    hylidaea

My Tour Central Stats

Sounds like a great day, Chris.

Next time I sign up somewhere and need to think up a user name, it's going to be "SanchezianMexischwag."
    Old 05-12-2007, 09:44 AM   #148
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sounds like a great day, Chris.

Next time I sign up somewhere and need to think up a user name, it's going to be "SanchezianMexischwag."
    hahah last night this guy I had just met says to me, "somebody needs to give you your own dictionary buddy.." I was laughing my ass off. I slept soooo good last night, in the process of getting woke up, can't blaze cuz I'm out, but trying to decide if I want to leave today or stick around and party again tonight...it seems obvious, but it's not. Alot of my good friends are graduating and leaving, and I'll probably never see them again, so I think I might chill with them...I just need not to get too fucked up tonight so I can hit the road early in the a.m in time to chill with my mom.
    Old 05-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #149
    GLR87
    Play

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    the dirtiest dirty sanchezian mexiscwag
    That should be on urban dictionary...

Old 05-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #150
    hylidaea

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    hahah last night this guy I had just met says to me, "somebody needs to give you your own dictionary buddy.." I was laughing my ass off. I slept soooo good last night, in the process of getting woke up, can't blaze cuz I'm out, but trying to decide if I want to leave today or stick around and party again tonight...it seems obvious, but it's not. Alot of my good friends are graduating and leaving, and I'll probably never see them again, so I think I might chill with them...I just need not to get too fucked up tonight so I can hit the road early in the a.m in time to chill with my mom.
    I agree. "Defcon's Dictionary of Dope."

Glad you slept well. Have a great time with your friends and your mom.

Tags
    marijuana