Thank You Roi! Jiffy Lube, Bristow Please Read - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
the egg

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Thank You Roi! Jiffy Lube, Bristow Please Read

Below is my first post about thoughts on thanking DMB & Roi. I have posted this on several sites and have had a good but not great response. I still have another week to push this as much as possible so here again is my thoughts. Just after the first song chant "thank you Roi". Again I don't want to disrupt the band or the show so most people thought that would be the best time to do it. Im sitting in section 103 row L and hope I can get as many people as possible involved. Please help me spread the word.
I will have 2000 fliers to pass on in the lower sections to try to inform as many people as possible. I will be wearing a black t-shirt that reads the broken egg bistro on the front and 41 on the back. I have been a member of the Warehouse since 1998 and I have followed the band since early 92 and I just feel like it's the right thing to do. I honestly feel like we should do it every year and Bristow and I hope that others feel the same.
Thank you

I put this in another thread but thought I would add it here as well. Im sure it has been asked a hundred times but I dont know the answer.... I have not been to Nissan, now Jiffy Lube in 4 years and did not know if anyone ever did anything with Leroi and this being the last place he performed. I know at some point you let things go but I have always thought what a great place to say thank you for the memories in some form. Please let me know so I can either let it go or ask more. I thought something respectful of Leroi and the other members and nothing that would interfere with the show. Maybe a chant in between the first and second song or during the encore. Thank you Leroi or something along those lines. Just curious what others think.....Peace Doug
the egg is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
    Mateo2k

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Thank You Roi! Jiffy Lube, Bristow Please Read

Quote:
    Originally Posted by the egg View Post
    Below is my first post about thoughts on thanking DMB & Roi. I have posted this on several sites and have had a good but not great response. I still have another week to push this as much as possible so here again is my thoughts. Just after the first song chant "thank you Roi". Again I don't want to disrupt the band or the show so most people thought that would be the best time to do it. Im sitting in section 103 row L and hope I can get as many people as possible involved. Please help me spread the word.
    I will have 2000 fliers to pass on in the lower sections to try to inform as many people as possible. I will be wearing a black t-shirt that reads the broken egg bistro on the front and 41 on the back. I have been a member of the Warehouse since 1998 and I have followed the band since early 92 and I just feel like it's the right thing to do. I honestly feel like we should do it every year and Bristow and I hope that others feel the same.
    Thank you

I put this in another thread but thought I would add it here as well. Im sure it has been asked a hundred times but I dont know the answer.... I have not been to Nissan, now Jiffy Lube in 4 years and did not know if anyone ever did anything with Leroi and this being the last place he performed. I know at some point you let things go but I have always thought what a great place to say thank you for the memories in some form. Please let me know so I can either let it go or ask more. I thought something respectful of Leroi and the other members and nothing that would interfere with the show. Maybe a chant in between the first and second song or during the encore. Thank you Leroi or something along those lines. Just curious what others think.....Peace Doug
    Seems kinda weird to me. Yes, Roi's last show was at that pavilion, but this seems really arbitrary, aside from the fact that it's the first time YOU are going back.

The paid a small tribute to him the next year after his death. The show opened with Why I Am, and he was mentioned constantly throughout the show.

In his honor they played both a song he loved ("I'll Back You Up") and a song he hated ("#41").
    Mateo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
    the egg

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I have had that response once as well. I did not expect everyone to jump on board with the thought but nobody is ever all in favor of any idea. Weird would be doing it in Texas.
    the egg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
    bnw0619
    Rapunzel

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Eh, I'm down for it just because it's always fun to show our appreciation for the band and what Roi contributed. If it works, I'll be sure to join in. Good luck! You never know at a DMB show, every concert is a fun experience either way!!

She said.. A hundred times
    She said... A thousand times
    She said YEEAHHH
    bnw0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
    Mateo2k

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

This was a huge success!
    Mateo2k is offline   Reply With Quote