Da Bears - Page 1046 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 10-21-2016, 06:38 AM   #31351
UCFish
Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Da Bears

I guess 2 years ago was still worse with Trestman...but yesterday feels like the least I have cared about a Bears game in a very long team.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-21-2016, 10:12 AM   #31352
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

Shows Seen: 240

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UCFish View Post
    I guess 2 years ago was still worse with Trestman...but yesterday feels like the least I have cared about a Bears game in a very long team.
    I watched about 5 minutes. And I use the word "watched" very loosely as I basically just flipped over but was paying more attention to my work email.
    Old 10-22-2016, 06:37 AM   #31353
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think Trestman era hurt more because there were expectations.

However this current regime seems to be bad without purpose. You don't understand how they're trying to build the team, Fox seems like an idiot, and Pace looks like Angelo in that top picks suck but seems ok in late rounds.

For the first time in my adult life the Bears are in danger of not being the top team in town. Which is crazy because usually how bad they are is irrelevant to their standing in this city.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-22-2016, 06:45 AM   #31354
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    For the first time in my adult life the Bears are in danger of not being the top team in town. Which is crazy because usually how bad they are is irrelevant to their standing in this city.
    Late 90s Bulls >>> Low point Wanny teams

Everything everywhere was Bulls Bulls Bulls

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert

Last edited by Tiduwho; 10-22-2016 at 06:46 AM.
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-24-2016, 04:54 PM   #31355
    rustysurf83

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Cutler magically healed all of the sudden. He can probably eek out 3 or 4 wins and fuck up draft position.
    rustysurf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-24-2016, 05:03 PM   #31356
    rustysurf83

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This team is right about rock bottom

December could get really bad. A home loss to the Niners would be horrible. Follow that up with losses to the Lions and GB. The real low point will be when they reach for some high motor tweener from a small school with their first pick and draft a QB in the 6th round.
    Old 10-24-2016, 05:03 PM   #31357
    rustysurf83

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This team is right about rock bottom

December could get really bad. A home loss to the Niners would be horrible. Follow that up with losses to the Lions and GB. The real low point will be when they reach for some high motor tweener from a small school with their first pick and draft a QB in the 6th round.
    Old 10-30-2016, 03:33 PM   #31358
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

@RapSheet: All is not well with the #Bears, who are evaluating their football operation from top to bottom. It's tense. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Bears' brass scrutinizing team, John Fox after another poor start
    By Ian Rapoport

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

Old 10-30-2016, 03:35 PM   #31359
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Based on Rapoport's tweet and story I'm rooting for a national embarrassment on Monday Night. I really want Fox to get fired.

Old 10-30-2016, 03:46 PM   #31360
    rustysurf83

My Tour Central Stats

Stadium needs to be half empty as well.
    Old 10-30-2016, 05:47 PM   #31361
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

My Tour Central Stats

How many coaches are we going to hire and fire before we stop blaming it on our coaches?
    Old 10-30-2016, 06:04 PM   #31362
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Our drafting has been off the charts bad for a decade. You guys realize that Kyle Long's in the first round should be happening EVERY FUCKING YEAR right? It's a first fucking round pick. And we get happy because we actually hit on a player?

Our entire draft year in and year out the past 10 years has been God Awful. We can't even get guys that can start for the team. Pro Bowlers lol, our bust rate is insane. Look at the good franchises like lockman mentioned, the Packers, Steelers, Patriots.

We are a fucking joke in the draft. A fucking joke Front Office.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Old 10-30-2016, 06:44 PM   #31363
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lockman21 View Post
    How many coaches are we going to hire and fire before we stop blaming it on our coaches?
    Well how many coaches are we going to hire that are no longer good?

Love Smith was a great coach, but not elite. He failed to hire a quality offensive coordinator and his lack of offensive production did him in, but he was given more than enough time.

Marc Trestman was awful. No one in that locker room had any ounce of respect for him. How can you possibly defend him?

John Fox was fired by John Elway because his team started to lack discipline. He has come here and gotten everything he wanted. If he wanted you gone, you were gone. He's basically Lou Piniella with the Cubs just trying to coast by.

Which coach didn't deserve to be fired? You can say it's not the coaches, but what have they done since leaving here?

Old 10-30-2016, 07:07 PM   #31364
    rustysurf83

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well, I mean, Ted Philips isnt going to fire himself.
    Old 10-30-2016, 07:27 PM   #31365
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well how many coaches are we going to hire that are no longer good?

Love Smith was a great coach, but not elite. He failed to hire a quality offensive coordinator and his lack of offensive production did him in, but he was given more than enough time.

Marc Trestman was awful. No one in that locker room had any ounce of respect for him. How can you possibly defend him?

John Fox was fired by John Elway because his team started to lack discipline. He has come here and gotten everything he wanted. If he wanted you gone, you were gone. He's basically Lou Piniella with the Cubs just trying to coast by.

Which coach didn't deserve to be fired? You can say it's not the coaches, but what have they done since leaving here?
    First off, who said I would defend Trestman?

Second, Fox has been successful everywhere he went. Did he just lose it? More importantly - his team this year had it's best defensive player on the PUP to start the season, it's 1st round draft pick CB has yet to play a snap this year, it's other 1st round pick WR has barely been healthy, it's best OL has been playing injured all year, they signed a brand new LG as the season was starting and had to shuffle the line right before the first game, and oh yeah, the starting QB went down the 2nd game of the season. And that's not even all of it. This team is barely limping by.

I'm not saying Fox is the best, but this shit sandwich isn't entirely his fault. It was already at best an average football team, and it's been decimated by injuries.

The constant rotation of coaching staff (whether it's HC, OC, or DC) doesn't make for a consistent organization. I don't care if you're running a football team or a Fortune 500 company, you need consistency and a clear organizational objective. I have no idea what that is for the Bears. What are they trying to accomplish as an organization? There's no consistency and no clear direction, and that starts up top. Ted Phillips has NO business in his role. I don't see anyone calling for his job, and WHY NOT?! He's been CEO/President for 17 years and has had shown no evidence he has any idea what he's doing. This organization has been a fucking mess for almost the entire time he's been at the helm. He's not a football guy, he's a freaking accountant.

I mean, this argument would be a chicken or the egg thing. But at the same time, isn't it the front office's job to hire a good coach? It's a classic scapegoat situation. Firing the coach or GM just distracts everyone from the real issue. Ted Phillips is step one. He needs to go. Until you get rid of him, I really don't care what coach you hire, this organization is going to continue to be a circus.

Drafts are a mess. Player development doesn't exist. Every year seems like we're just scrambling to piece some sort of mess together. It's trash, and it's embarrassing. Phillips could very well be a great CEO, but he shouldn't be President. Leave the football decisions to a football person. He's an accountant. Maybe he makes the McCaskey's a lot of money, I'm actually quite sure he does, but he runs a shit football team.

But I really don't think the McCaskey's care about football anyway. The Bears are just a money printing machine to them.
    Old 10-31-2016, 06:36 AM   #31366
    Doors Allan Coe
    The Whiskey Bastard

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I'm with Lockman.

Lovie was a great coach. While Chicago wasn't the greatest team during his tenure he shouldn't have been fired when he was. The Bears fired a good coach who had the respect of the locker room for a nothing. Speaking of nothing.

Trestman is merely a failed experiment. He was the opposite of Lovie. For everything Lovie lacked on the offensive side of the ball Trestman lacked in EVERY OTHER area. The team totally imploded and his tenure destroyed anything positive Lovie Smith let behind.

John Fox SHOULDN'T be fired yet. The guys took over a hapless team. Fox was tasked with re-building a new D in Chicago. He also is tasked with somehow making the offense work. Like MANY other coaches Jay Cutler could be the end of him.

Chicago needs stability. John Fox needs to be retained for another season. The litany of injuries Chicago has dealt with this season isn't a secret.

Firing Fox would follow in a long line a crappy moves. In hindsight, they SHOULDN'T have traded for Cutler and mortgage the short term. They shouldn't have FIRED Lovie after a 10-6 season. They SHOULDN'T have replaced Lovie with a weak HC like Trestman.

Now it's 2016 and we're calling for the head of John Fox. I say shed Jay Cutler and allow John Fox to finish rebuilding the D. If they stink next year then fire the guy. The D is admittedly not lights out but does show some promise. Clearly Cutler isn't a leader. Cut him BEFORE you fire Fox.
    Old 10-31-2016, 07:43 PM   #31367
    rustysurf83

My Tour Central Stats

Cutler is gonna fuck this draft plan up. Honestly, I would roll with him next season and take a guy like Luke Falk is the 2nd-4th. Not terribly high on Watson or Kizer. At least Jay makes these losers watchable...
    Old 10-31-2016, 07:44 PM   #31368
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Fox has been successful everywhere he went. Did he just lose it? More importantly - his team this year had it's best defensive player on the PUP to start the season, it's 1st round draft pick CB has yet to play a snap this year, it's other 1st round pick WR has barely been healthy, it's best OL has been playing injured all year, they signed a brand new LG as the season was starting and had to shuffle the line right before the first game, and oh yeah, the starting QB went down the 2nd game of the season. And that's not even all of it. This team is barely limping by.
    While Fox has been successful he got fired from Denver for being over the hill.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...rive-never-end
    Quote:
    A rising lack of discipline under Fox prompted Elway to sometimes yell at the team because Fox wouldn't. Before a late-season practice in 2014, Fox turned to a few people on the sideline and asked, "Isn't winning the division enough?" A few weeks later, after the Broncos came out flat in a divisional playoff loss to the Colts, Fox got his answer.

Quote:
    The constant rotation of coaching staff (whether it's HC, OC, or DC) doesn't make for a consistent organization. I don't care if you're running a football team or a Fortune 500 company, you need consistency and a clear organizational objective. I have no idea what that is for the Bears. What are they trying to accomplish as an organization? There's no consistency and no clear direction, and that starts up top.
    There is a ton of truth in this that doesn't mean Fox is the right guy. I agree there's not a clear objective, but that's because Fox hasn't given us one. He has his hands over all the decision making, and apparently his relationship with Pace isn't great.

Quote:
    Ted Phillips has NO business in his role. I don't see anyone calling for his job, and WHY NOT?! He's been CEO/President for 17 years and has had shown no evidence he has any idea what he's doing. This organization has been a fucking mess for almost the entire time he's been at the helm. He's not a football guy, he's a freaking accountant.
    I'd fire Ted Phillips as well, but he'll be the last guy to go because he's tight with ownership.

Quote:
    Drafts are a mess. Player development doesn't exist. Every year seems like we're just scrambling to piece some sort of mess together. It's trash, and it's embarrassing. Phillips could very well be a great CEO, but he shouldn't be President. Leave the football decisions to a football person. He's an accountant. Maybe he makes the McCaskey's a lot of money, I'm actually quite sure he does, but he runs a shit football team.
    Player development is on Fox. That's what coaches do in the NFL. Too early to judge Pace's drafts. I mean I thought Floyd was an instant bust but he's been good the last two weeks. He was also picked by Ernie Accorsi who has a solid NFL rep. My biggest issue with Pace has been the first round picks. His middle round stuff been pretty good.

I also don't know how much control he has over this whole mess. Supposedly handcuffed by Fox, so who knows.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doors Allan Coe View Post
    John Fox SHOULDN'T be fired yet. The guys took over a hapless team. Fox was tasked with re-building a new D in Chicago. He also is tasked with somehow making the offense work. Like MANY other coaches Jay Cutler could be the end of him.
    Jay Cutler has been the least of Fox's problems. Gase had Cutler playing so well that he got a head coaching job. Loggains was dog shit calling plays the first couple weeks, but has gotten better as the season has gone on.

No one made Fox get rid of Marshall, Bennett, Forte, Slauson, Gould, ect. and the whole roster has been made over with guys he wanted.

Quote:
    Chicago needs stability. John Fox needs to be retained for another season. The litany of injuries Chicago has dealt with this season isn't a secret.
    John Fox will get fired after year 3. I don't see Pace/Fox co-existing long term. Fox wants everything his way, and eventually that will cause his exit. I only keep Fox if McDaniels or another high profile coaching candidate isn't available. If the market is there he's gone. If it's all garbage then wait another year.

Quote:
    I say shed Jay Cutler and allow John Fox to finish rebuilding the D. If they stink next year then fire the guy. The D is admittedly not lights out but does show some promise. Clearly Cutler isn't a leader. Cut him BEFORE you fire Fox.
    Fox has had the option to cut Cutler from the moment he walked in the door. He's on the roster because of Fox's decision to keep him there.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:45 PM   #31369
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rustysurf83 View Post
    Cutler is gonna fuck this draft plan up. Honestly, I would roll with him next season and take a guy like Luke Falk is the 2nd-4th. Not terribly high on Watson or Kizer. At least Jay makes these losers watchable...
    The Bears need to take a QB in Round 1 or 2 depending who's there. If they take a guy in the 4th I'll be outraged. I'm fine with keeping Cutler until the rookie is ready to take over, but Fox wants Cutler gone. So it just depends on who's head coach next year.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:51 PM   #31370
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I really like Floyd.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-01-2016, 05:41 AM   #31371
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'd fire Ted Phillips as well, but he'll be the last guy to go because he's tight with ownership.
    I understand, but THAT is the fucking problem.
    Old 11-01-2016, 06:00 AM   #31372
    BotheLaneFan
    I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

If we don't trade Alshon today, we fucked up.

The plot is always moving forward.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    So is a glacier.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #31373
    CrashTheStone41
    Cordially Invited

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

We need to put Cutler back on the bench.

CrashTheStone41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-13-2016, 11:03 AM   #31374
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

by far the worst Cutler has looked in years, maybe he's concussed?

Couldn't have come at a better time. I was worried Bears would waste draft position today. In addition to Cutler clearly not having it today, why is Loggains calling pass after pass when runs are getting huge gains?

Old 11-14-2016, 07:43 AM   #31375
    FromTheMorning

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

#WeAreGood
    FromTheMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-14-2016, 07:53 AM   #31376
    TimHonks

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

For some reason I placed a decent size bet on the Bears this weekend. I really have no idea what I was thinking.
    TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-14-2016, 08:55 AM   #31377
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

My Tour Central Stats

I forgot they were playing again. Oops?
    Old 11-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #31378
    skwormin
    CUBS WS CHAMPS

Shows Seen: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Bears suck. Go Cubs! World Series baby!!!!!
    skwormin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-14-2016, 12:24 PM   #31379
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

My Tour Central Stats

Lol Jeffrey.

Just burn the whole thing down. Bears and White Sox need to just start over.
    Old 11-14-2016, 12:27 PM   #31380
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Alshon PED's

- Stephen Colbert

Tags
    bears , nfl