Camden - June 13 & 14, 2014 - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #31
crashintonickdm
Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Camden - June 13 & 14, 2014

daves guitar was present during the electric set too. listening to the tape, its even clearer.
crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-15-2014, 09:22 PM   #32
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Was considering making the trip to Camden for N2, glad I didn't. Dave's so frustrating. N2 could've easily looked like this:

Big Eyed Fish >
    Seek Up
    One Sweet World
    Crush
    Belly Belly Nice
    Grey Street
    Say Goodbye
    Good Good Time
    Drive In Drive Out
    Drunken Soldier
    Jimi Thing
    Granny
    -----------------------------------
    Crash into Me
    Two Step
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #33
    DMBzilla
    tour.

Shows Seen: 193

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Remove TMTT from the acoustic set and add Stay as a closer. Then nix the first four of the electric in favor of BEF > DDTW, OSW, So Right, and replace Jimi with Crush, and the show becomes incredible.

But that's so often the case. 5ish changes can make all the difference on any given night. It's even more frustrating when those changes can be made with songs we've already seen during the tour.
    DMBzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #34
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

My Tour Central Stats

I'm starting to think ill never see broken things live.

I'm sure many feel the same way.
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #35
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

My Tour Central Stats

i've seen broken things 3 times, but it feels like i never have. it was twice winter 12 and then spac last year, and thats it. its the lead song from their newest album and yet i've seen it less than dreaming tree and halloween, and as much as last stop, cry freedom, joyride, and captain. yet i've seen if only 13 times (already), which is more than stay (11), what would you say (9), so much to say (12), one sweet world (10), as much as too much and louisiana bayou, and one less than crash into me. that is just wrong, especially considering every one of those songs (even bayou) is 100x more entertaining to hear live than if only is.
    Old 06-16-2014, 01:26 AM   #36
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smokew11 View Post
    ok this may be corny as hell, and I wasn't going to say anything outside of the Ship, but I'm taking all the credit for GGT n2

some of you, Chad, John..know that my brother passed away last month. GGT from 7/10/04 was the song that helped me recover the most due to its general flow and several of the lyrics. When I saw they played GGT n1 (seriously, of all the long lost songs to bring back, you bring back GGT the night before I'm able to come???) my heart sank. I actually cried when I saw it on the list. I sent Stefan the massage I copied/pasted below..for the record, I cried like a baby last night when they played it. Stefan never wrote be back, but it was labeled as "read" on facebook messenger

Hi Stefan, I normally wouldn't do this, but I was hoping you guys might be able to play Good Good Time again tonight. My little brother, just a teenager, took his own life last month. Its been a horrible time for my family, and music has been both an escape as well as a way to face it. Good Good Time in particular has been the song with the greatest impact on helping me get through it. Lyrics like "Be yourself just make your own way home...there's no light that's brighter than the one that shines from you...there's got to be a soul in everyone"...it's just amazing how music can help. I actually had tickets to the show last night, but had knee surgery a couple weeks before he died and I didn't think my knee could handle 2 nights on the lawn. Tonight will be my 28th show, and my heart sunk yesterday when I saw that you guys were playing Good Good Time. I know its a rare song, but I thought it might be worth a try. Thanks for considering it, and thanks for the music you've provided us. I never fully realized how important it was until recently. Eric
    This is an amazing story. I am so sorry for your loss, and I'm so glad you got your GGT

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    I sort of want the Caps to win because Barbs is awesome
    barbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2014, 07:03 AM   #37
    smokew11
    1-0

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBzilla View Post
    Remove TMTT from the acoustic set and add Stay as a closer. Then nix the first four of the electric in favor of BEF > DDTW, OSW, So Right, and replace Jimi with Crush, and the show becomes incredible.

But that's so often the case. 5ish changes can make all the difference on any given night. It's even more frustrating when those changes can be made with songs we've already seen during the tour.
    that really is the case too often. I was hoping for OSW in the electric set. Open with that and its an infinitely better show
    Old 06-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #38
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smokew11 View Post
    that really is the case too often. I was hoping for OSW in the electric set. Open with that and its an infinitely better show
    Agreed. After that improv intro I thought DDTW was coming with a quick curtain drop as the music started. Was incredibly disappointed with what actually happened. That place would have exploded with a DDTW opener, everyone in my section was poised to blow the roof off the place at least. It looked like the lawn was legitimately bored during Spaceman. Not a good way to start the show; might as well have been Dreamgirl.
    Old 06-16-2014, 08:58 AM   #39
    Miccius
    Crater4life

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post

I've been worried about that too. Was really hoping to hear it this past weekend. Oh well, better luck next time.
    Old 06-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #40
    rick92984

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Aint it funny that we have people complaining about not seeing a certain song live and others actually saying better luck next time. And at the same time we have hungry children, abusive men, terrorists, etc...

Go to the show and enjoy it for what it is. Do not get hung up on what is and what is not played.

Ends Rant.
    rick92984 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-21-2014, 05:26 AM   #41
    rickyh24
    GOAT

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I want to hear good songs.
    rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-21-2014, 06:27 AM   #42
    DMBROX24

Shows Seen: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rick92984 View Post
    Aint it funny that we have people complaining about not seeing a certain song live and others actually saying better luck next time. And at the same time we have hungry children, abusive men, terrorists, etc...

Go to the show and enjoy it for what it is. Do not get hung up on what is and what is not played.

Ends Rant.
    This comment is all kinds of stupid. Question, why are you on a message board for DMB instead of on some movement website to end/prevent all those things you listed?

You trying to admonish criticism of a show is laughable. We pay for a product, we can show our like or dislike for it however we please. Why are there thousands of reviews for many products in this world?

Why do all the get so upset when someone gets pissed that Jimi Thing was played for the 7,000,000th time?

Last edited by DMBROX24; 06-21-2014 at 06:28 AM.
    DMBROX24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #43
    rick92984

My Tour Central Stats

You are right. I was way out of line.

But having said that. This band does not really mix up the setlist from tour to tour. You should't be shocked when Jimi Thing is played. I love seeing this band, but they do not take chances. They do not put songs like Jimi thing on the shelf. They beat them to death. You know what you are going to get when you go to a DMB show. If you do not know that by now.. then ...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBROX24 View Post
    This comment is all kinds of stupid. Question, why are you on a message board for DMB instead of on some movement website to end/prevent all those things you listed?

You trying to admonish criticism of a show is laughable. We pay for a product, we can show our like or dislike for it however we please. Why are there thousands of reviews for many products in this world?

Why do all the get so upset when someone gets pissed that Jimi Thing was played for the 7,000,000th time?
    Old 06-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #44
    DMBROX24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You are right. I was way out of line.

But having said that. This band does not really mix up the setlist from tour to tour. You should't be shocked when Jimi Thing is played. I love seeing this band, but they do not take chances. They do not put songs like Jimi thing on the shelf. They beat them to death. You know what you are going to get when you go to a DMB show. If you do not know that by now.. then ...
    Ahh, so all fans should sit back and expect mediocrity? Never to have hope for a better show from a band with such great potential? That makes complete sense, thanks for showing me the light man
    Old 06-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #45
    rickyh24
    GOAT

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Unfortunately there are tons or people around here with that attitude.
    rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #46
    thewitt85

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    i've seen broken things 3 times, but it feels like i never have. it was twice winter 12 and then spac last year, and thats it.
    Same here, got it twice winter 12 and that outstanding Hartford N1 show last year. Broken Things is such a great song. No reason for it not to be a staple.
    thewitt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #47
    rick92984

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBROX24 View Post
    Ahh, so all fans should sit back and expect mediocrity? Never to have hope for a better show from a band with such great potential? That makes complete sense, thanks for showing me the light man

They have brought cool covers into the rotation over the last few years. Sledgehammer, Thank You, N&TDDone, few more I am missing right now.

All I am saying is you know what you get with this band. They do not stretch jams out. They do not stray from the chord structure. I am pumped to see them in Jacksonville, but would not go to multiple shows.
    Old 07-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #48
    DMBROX24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    They have brought cool covers into the rotation over the last few years. Sledgehammer, Thank You, N&TDDone, few more I am missing right now.

All I am saying is you know what you get with this band. They do not stretch jams out. They do not stray from the chord structure. I am pumped to see them in Jacksonville, but would not go to multiple shows.

They absolutely stretch jams out. Are you serious? They take a 6 minute song, stretch it to nearly 16-17 mins when they could have played 3 other songs in that time. That is FRUSTRATING.

I can agree that the covers are usually a decent substitute in a set.