Dating is miserable - Page 1458 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 12-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #43711
unccrombie
HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbgodagirl41 View Post
I meant a disorder that makes her really fat. I could have her eating her feelings like no other.
you know how to track me down. but seriously, no. the best thing she can do at this point is to leave the country like she's been saying
unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #43712
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What are you talking about? All Pats fans ARE blowhard assholes with no redeeming qualities.
    If you were patient zero for this, the statement would be accurate.
    Old 12-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #43713
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

Shows Seen: 107

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by unccrombie View Post
    you know how to track me down. but seriously, no. the best thing she can do at this point is to leave the country like she's been saying
    She just needs to leave you alone. I get so annoyed when people break up with someone else, and then breaker-upper just won't leave that person alone.

Stop using that person as your ego booster/personal validation source and get the hell out of here.

And how do I track you down? I don't have a Batsignal for you.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nick@Night View Post
    If you were patient zero for this, the statement would be accurate.
    @ "patient zero" use.
    Calm down, 12.
    dmbgodagirl41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #43714
    dmbbearcat

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not a BAD idea, it just won't work out with you guys. I know 34 year old men who act 15, so a 25 year old guy is probably fucking r-tarded as shit.
    well, uh, thanks for lumping me in with a large group of people, despite knowing zilch about me!

EDIT: I'm not actually offended, I just think you're making a baseless assumption

EDIT: 2: I really just want to have sex with her

Last edited by dmbbearcat; 12-17-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    dmbbearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #43715
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

so whats everybody's thoughts and opinions on dating a girl with a kid? she's 28 (i'm 25) and the kid is like 4-ish.

a couple of friends think its a bad idea. add in the fact that i don't want kids myself, and it makes me think its a disaster waiting to happen. but i haven't had the best of luck lately, and this girl seems pretty good otherwise. i feel like i should give it a chance, but ultimately i don't know how it could work if i don't want my own kids, let alone dealing with someone else's.
    Old 12-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #43716
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I think you answered this question for yourself, spoot.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #43717
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Have sex with her....if its good, have some more sex with her, and just see where it goes
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #43718
    hmich176
    SarcMark(TM)

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    so whats everybody's thoughts and opinions on dating a girl with a kid? she's 28 (i'm 25) and the kid is like 4-ish.

a couple of friends think its a bad idea. add in the fact that i don't want kids myself, and it makes me think its a disaster waiting to happen. but i haven't had the best of luck lately, and this girl seems pretty good otherwise. i feel like i should give it a chance, but ultimately i don't know how it could work if i don't want my own kids, let alone dealing with someone else's.
    Go out with her and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Maybe it's not a good idea, but if you've been out of luck, then take the chance. Maybe it'll turn out you'll want a kid in the end. Maybe it won't. Who knows unless you give it a spin?
    hmich176 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-18-2013, 05:09 AM   #43719
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    She just needs to leave you alone. I get so annoyed when people break up with someone else, and then breaker-upper just won't leave that person alone.

Stop using that person as your ego booster/personal validation source and get the hell out of here.

And how do I track you down? I don't have a Batsignal for you.
    I agree, I understand why she can't, or why I can't though. This breakup was textbook or cookie cutter, I know it was a tough decision for her, but she has to fucking own it at some point. If you want me in your life then you have to date me, not be my friend.

Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmich176 View Post
    Go out with her and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Maybe it's not a good idea, but if you've been out of luck, then take the chance. Maybe it'll turn out you'll want a kid in the end. Maybe it won't. Who knows unless you give it a spin?
    I sort of agree with this...but there are going to be problems.
    Old 12-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #43720
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

At least you know she puts out.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #43721
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    this is how i feel about it

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmich176 View Post
    but then i think this

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    At least you know she puts out.

followed by thinking this

i'm probably going to give it a try because i haven't had anything else going for me lately, but i know that down the road there are going to be problems. i guess the best thing is to give it a try and just be up front about how i feel about kids so she knows?
    Old 12-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #43722
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i'm probably going to give it a try because i haven't had anything else going for me lately, but i know that down the road there are going to be problems. i guess the best thing is to give it a try and just be up front about how i feel about kids so she knows?
    why the hell would she waste her time with you if she knows that? unless she's just DTF
    Old 12-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #43723
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Sounds like she just wants some secks too.
    AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #43724
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Theres a lot of great chicks out there that are single with kids...you dont want to let one slip by just because of that...its not like you have to move into daddy role. Just see what happens
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #43725
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

I got an e-mail from my dad today that was to my sisters and I telling of the Christmas plans for the day of and the extended family gathering that weekend. Do these fucking people just want to ignore the damning e-mail I sent them mere weeks ago calling them out precisely for this exact shit of them ignoring a problem completely and carrying on like nothing is the matter? I'm completely miffed. Why would they expect me to show up to this when I didn't attend Thanksgiving?
    Old 12-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #43726
    wnderwoman

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I got an e-mail from my dad today that was to my sisters and I telling of the Christmas plans for the day of and the extended family gathering that weekend. Do these fucking people just want to ignore the damning e-mail I sent them mere weeks ago calling them out precisely for this exact shit of them ignoring a problem completely and carrying on like nothing is the matter? I'm completely miffed. Why would they expect me to show up to this when I didn't attend Thanksgiving?
    This is so weird, has there not been any more communication since you and I last talked about it?
    wnderwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #43727
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Met a girl tonight through OKCupid. STarted talking a couple of days ago and then, kind of spur of the moment, we agreed to go out tonight. Everything went really well. Conversation was easy, not forced. Had a great time. Gonna get together on Saturday for lunch supposedly. First date I've had in a little while so it was nice.
    "Her one drink had Cecelia giggling and talking and she was explaining that animals had souls too. Nobody challenged her opinion. It was possible, we knew. What we weren't sure of was if we had any. - Charles Bukowski
    thechad90000 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #43728
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

Shows Seen: 152

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Spoot go for it. Worst that can happen is you waste some money on a date. I can say with 100% certainty some of the best relations I have ever had are with a mom. By that point in they life they know what they want and their is SIGNIFICANT less drama.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    wow that was a classic ricky deflection ™
    gocubsgo3822 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #43729
    hmich176
    SarcMark(TM)

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well, if you know there are going to be problems, there are one of three things you can do.

A) Let it run it's course. Get in, take a spin, and when it stops, you know it's done.

B) Try to be more serious about it, and tell her up front about your feelings on kids. If she doesn't like that, then she'll walk away in all likelihood. If she doesn't, then take it for a spin and see what happens. But...you know there's a greater chance the relationship eventually flames out because of the kids thing.

C) You back off and find greener pastures.

Personally, if you know there's going to be problems, and you just want to get some, then just do it. Don't overthink it. Pick A) and run with it.
    hmich176 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #43730
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wnderwoman View Post
    This is so weird, has there not been any more communication since you and I last talked about it?
    No, just a few replies we had where he only addressed the part where I said I was pissed about the chastising e-mail I got for missing my niece's birthday party I wasn't told about. My dad mailed me a few business items a couple of weeks ago (a Triple-A card, 10 dollars cash from my grandma) with a note listing the items and nothing else. I'd take this as a "Clearly we won't be seeing you soon, so here are these things", but he's also done this to me before when things have been fine. He just hates holding on to things that aren't his and forwards them on like it's business mail.

Last edited by Nick@Night; 12-19-2013 at 06:59 AM.
    Nick@Night is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #43731
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I say go for it, but just keep an open mind and keep an eye out for any warning signs. I'm sure she's going to to introduce you to the munchkin on day 1 (and if she does, run).
    Plus, if you don't want kids of your own, this is actually a good situation...she may be done having kids anyways.

You never know unless you try.

Quote:
    E-Mail Hallmark about that card idea we came up with. It clearly needs to happen for communicating with your family.
    (And then come to Maine for Christmas and get black-out drunk with my family.)
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 12-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #43732
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Also, what is with Dads and the mail? My dad will call me with "Katie, it's your father, I need to speak with you right away" as a voicemail and when I call him back, he's asking me what I want him to do with a CC offer I got in the mail at my sister's house.

I dunno..throw it out? Jesus, I thought someone died with that VM.
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 12-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #43733
    wnderwoman

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Also, what is with Dads and the mail? My dad will call me with "Katie, it's your father, I need to speak with you right away" as a voicemail and when I call him back, he's asking me what I want him to do with a CC offer I got in the mail at my sister's house.

I dunno..throw it out? Jesus, I thought someone died with that VM.
    I thought my Dad was the only crazy one. He does this tome all the time.

I finally had to tell both him and my Mother that unless someone is bleeding, don't call me at work!
    Old 12-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #43734
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The only reason I would be involved with a 25 year old was to (pardon the language) fuck him. I'd have no interest in anything meaningful with someone that age.
    Why woudl that be the case? What if he was super awesome and had the sickest dick in the league or was dope as fuck
    Quote:
    Old 12-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #43735
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I thought my Dad was the only crazy one. He does this tome all the time.

I finally had to tell both him and my Mother that unless someone is bleeding, don't call me at work!
    It must be a generation thing where EVERYTHING IN THE MAIL IS IMPORTANT.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    Why woudl that be the case? What if he was super awesome and had the sickest dick in the league or was dope as fuck
    At 25, the likelihood is that he's into things like video games, drinking a ton, and he probably still has 3 roommates.
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 12-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #43736
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

All of those still apply. I am 28. I dont see the issue
    Quote:
    Old 12-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #43737
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    At 25, the likelihood is that he's into things like video games, drinking a ton, and he probably still has 3 roommates.
    Again with the blanket statement. You are doing the all or none approach again. "I know a 25 year old that is like this, therefore all 25 year olds are like this." No.
    Old 12-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #43738
    wnderwoman

My Tour Central Stats

I don't think all 25ish year olds are not to be taken seriously. I am just saying they are more often than not, in completely different places in their lives.

I'm sure they wouldn't want me seriously, as much as I wouldn't want them.
    Old 12-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #43739
    Alazais
    Troy For Mayor

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

27. Have a good job. I don't drink a ton, although I do like to drink.. who doesn't? it's awesome! I play a video game (Hockey) I don't have time for much else. Working all the time is seriously cutting into my quality video game time.
    Old 12-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #43740
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Again with the blanket statement. You are doing the all or none approach again. "I know a 25 year old that is like this, therefore all 25 year olds are like this." No.
    It's a general statement. Much like how you say all women are crazy. Do I get my panties in a twist because you're making a blanket statement about your experiences with women?
    My experiences with 25 year old dudes is that they aren't in the same place as a woman in her mid-30s. I say that the likelihood of a 25 year old dude still having roommates and being a bit immature is good.
    Calm down, 12.