Minnesota Vikings - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 09-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #31
bigeyefish22
I fucking hate it here

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Minnesota Vikings

that was the ugliest game Ive seen in a long time. Turkey of the week.

The run D and AP are phenomenal - QB, O-line, Receivers, pass D are as bad as those two are good. fuck. frustrating. fucking frustrating. GB will beat us by 45 points next week.
bigeyefish22 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-24-2007, 10:50 AM   #32
    superfan

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I was listening to KFAN after the game yesterday and they said our offense is like as if were entering a sword fight with only pillows.

I thought that was pretty funny. Oh well, hopefully we turn it around against those fucking cheeseheads, I hate the fucking packers!
    superfan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #33
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    I was listening to KFAN after the game yesterday and they said our offense is like as if were entering a sword fight with only pillows.

I thought that was pretty funny. Oh well, hopefully we turn it around against those fucking cheeseheads, I hate the fucking packers!
    Favre is going to rape the fuck out of our secondary, they won't even need to suit up a RB.
    Old 09-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #34
    superfan

My Tour Central Stats

fuck the packers. We got fucking screwed at the end of this game, our wr was clearly being held, god I hate the packers.
    Old 09-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #35
    PilotC150
    Alpine Bound

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    fuck the packers. We got fucking screwed at the end of this game, our wr was clearly being held, god I hate the packers.
    How about the fumble that was called an interception that Greenway would have returned for a touchdown?
    "People ask us all the time...."What's your favorite place to play?" Now, you got your Gorges and you got your Red Rocks and so on, but there's an inexplicable magic that envelopes Alpine Valley. The band is the first to tell you how much they like coming back."
    PilotC150 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-30-2007, 01:35 PM   #36
    superfan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PilotC150 View Post
    How about the fumble that was called an interception that Greenway would have returned for a touchdown?
    I forgot about that terrible call also. We get fucking screwed by the refs so many times. Do they really have to stop the game to watch Brett favre celebrate his damn record breaking touchdown pass. They should stop next week's game for his record breaking INT so they can celebrate that record being broken.
    Old 09-30-2007, 01:37 PM   #37
    PilotC150
    Alpine Bound

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I forgot about that terrible call also. We get fucking screwed by the refs so many times. Do they really have to stop the game to watch Brett favre celebrate his damn record breaking touchdown pass. They should stop next week's game for his record breaking INT so they can celebrate that record being broken.
    Yea, sadly, I agree with that. It was only a little bit longer than a normal break between extra point and kickoff. It's huge record, and very impressive. I'm glad it wasn't longer, and I'm also glad the Vikings fans at the game were respectful.
    "People ask us all the time...."What's your favorite place to play?" Now, you got your Gorges and you got your Red Rocks and so on, but there's an inexplicable magic that envelopes Alpine Valley. The band is the first to tell you how much they like coming back."
    Old 09-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #38
    superfan

My Tour Central Stats

I think were looking at a 4-12 team this year, I said it before the year, and now it may come true, sad to say!
    Old 09-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #39
    PipeandaCrepe
    GO PACK GO!

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

god i love the packers
    Old 09-30-2007, 04:08 PM   #40
    MontaukNY
    \_/ one more drink

Shows Seen: 25

My Tour Central Stats

^amen!

Oh, and their version doesn't even do DMB justice.
    MontaukNY is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-30-2007, 04:11 PM   #41
    PilotC150
    Alpine Bound

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MontaukNY View Post
    ^amen!
    People from states without any major league professional teams don't get an opinion!
    Old 09-30-2007, 04:21 PM   #42
    superfan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PipeandaCrepe View Post
    god i love the packers
    no
    Old 09-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #43
    PipeandaCrepe
    GO PACK GO!

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PilotC150 View Post
    People from states without any major league professional teams don't get an opinion!
    cheap shot
    Old 09-30-2007, 07:43 PM   #44
    ISU1648

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

i HATE how we think we can get by without a quarterback. this is the most frustrating season ever. with the vikings its always been not whether i'll be disappointed, but when. but at least every other year the team gave me hope by having a quarterback.

I have a broken vaccuum cleaner at home. if kelly holcomb doesnt work out, maybe that could be quarterback. (office, anyone?)

and not to mention that adrian peterson is so severely under-used that it physically makes me sick. he's a stud, the first one the vikes have had since Moss. he could easily be in LT-caliber territory, yet childress wants to start chester taylor.

ugh, c'mon childress, act like you deserve the job you somehow got! 2007 is turning into a joke. the vikings could easily be 4-0 right now, and it falls directly on childress for being subpar at playcalling, and for not getting a quarterback this offseason. even after jackson threw 4 INT's week 2, byron leftwich was still just sititng out there for the taking.

vent session over.
    ISU1648 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #45
    superfan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ISU1648 View Post
    i HATE how we think we can get by without a quarterback. this is the most frustrating season ever. with the vikings its always been not whether i'll be disappointed, but when. but at least every other year the team gave me hope by having a quarterback.

I have a broken vaccuum cleaner at home. if kelly holcomb doesnt work out, maybe that could be quarterback. (office, anyone?)

and not to mention that adrian peterson is so severely under-used that it physically makes me sick. he's a stud, the first one the vikes have had since Moss. he could easily be in LT-caliber territory, yet childress wants to start chester taylor.

ugh, c'mon childress, act like you deserve the job you somehow got! 2007 is turning into a joke. the vikings could easily be 4-0 right now, and it falls directly on childress for being subpar at playcalling, and for not getting a quarterback this offseason. even after jackson threw 4 INT's week 2, byron leftwich was still just sititng out there for the taking.

vent session over.
    I hear your pain. I agree, Chilldress isn't using their only offensive star so far- Adrian Peterson. I don't understand why Peterson was barely used in the second half of the Packer game yesterday. Peterson had a great first half, then all of sudden they stopped using him which makes no sense. Why Mckinnie still on this team, that guy is complete shit. Its funny that you mention that this team could be 4-0, because we could. Our defense has kept us in every game this year and it willl continue to, all we need is two offensive td's a game and we could easily win games, Our defense is good enough at this point that we only need two scores on offense for a win.

Chilldress is a very fraustrating coach, he should be on the hot seat, if he isn't already. P.S. Chilldress start using your tight ends more also, like Shanacoe, he is big and strong, start using him more.
    Old 10-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #46
    swampdonkey
    Beer Me!

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Let me start by saying I'm a big Packer fan. I don't have a hatred for the Vikes neccessarily and can discuss the game without saying "God I hate the Vikings".

The thing about bad calls is that they go both ways. There were at least 2 pass interference calls that didn't get made against the Vikings and numerous offensive holds. Teams have to be able to overcome those calls to win and that's one of the things that seperate the good from the bad. It's just impossible for the officials to call a game 100% perfect. I've been on both sides of bad calls and I know how it feels though.

The Vikings definitely have some talent on defense, but there is no excuse for the way the secondary played. Their pass defense is terrible. I don't know if it is schematic or what, but they definitely have a problem in that area.

At least Adrian Peterson looks awesome...

Heehaw
    Myspace
    swampdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #47
    bigeyefish22
    I fucking hate it here

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
    Let me start by saying I'm a big Packer fan. I don't have a hatred for the Vikes neccessarily and can discuss the game without saying "God I hate the Vikings".

The thing about bad calls is that they go both ways. There were at least 2 pass interference calls that didn't get made against the Vikings and numerous offensive holds. Teams have to be able to overcome those calls to win and that's one of the things that seperate the good from the bad. It's just impossible for the officials to call a game 100% perfect. I've been on both sides of bad calls and I know how it feels though.

The Vikings definitely have some talent on defense, but there is no excuse for the way the secondary played. Their pass defense is terrible. I don't know if it is schematic or what, but they definitely have a problem in that area.

At least Adrian Peterson looks awesome...
    In principle, I agree with this. But, the two big misses by the refs (that I saw) effected the game moreso than most missed pass interference (or whatever) calls: the clear pick on the vikes reciever leading to the GB interception and the GB fumble that was not challengable since the play was blown dead. As a Vikes fan, those hurt. I wouldnt say that MN would have won or even deserved to win in any case, but those calls would have given the Vikes a more fair shot. In the end the better team won, so what can you do...

The vikings secondary sucks. I dont think its scheme cause the same personnel, paired with an especially gifted coach, sucked last year. Winfield will make all the tackles in the world, but comes up just short on coverage to be elite; Griffin is overrated; Sharper has declined... something called Mcaulley? Terrible.

Childress is embarrassing. Really, very embarrassing. And, its early, so maybe we all end up eating our words and Chilly proves us wrong... I'll take that chance: he's inadequate and needs to go. I'm officially rooting for 4 things this year: AP has a monster season, Run D sets whatever all-time records are available to set, Vikes get a top 2 pick and Chilly gets canned. This is going to be painful.

Last edited by bigeyefish22; 10-01-2007 at 11:46 AM.
    Old 10-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #48
    swampdonkey
    Beer Me!

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigeyefish22 View Post
    In principle, I agree with this. But, the two big misses by the refs (that I saw) effected the game moreso than most missed pass interference (or whatever) calls: the clear pick on the vikes reciever leading to the GB interception and the GB fumble that was not challengable since the play was blown dead. As a Vikes fan, those hurt. I wouldnt say that MN would have won or even deserved to win in any case, but those calls would have given the Vikes a more fair shot. In the end the better team won, so what can you do...

The vikings secondary sucks. I dont think its scheme cause the same personnel, paired with an especially gifted coach, sucked last year. Winfield will make all the tackles in the world, but comes up just short on coverage to be elite; Griffin is overrated; Sharper has declined... something called Mcaulley? Terrible.

Childress is embarrassing. Really, very embarrassing. And, its early, so maybe we all end up eating our words and Chilly proves us wrong... I'll take that chance: he's inadequate and needs to go. I'm officially rooting for 4 things this year: AP has a monster season, Run D sets whatever all-time records are available to set, Vikes get a top 2 pick and Chilly gets canned. This is going to be painful.
    Nice post...good points.

Heehaw
    Myspace
    swampdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #49
    superfan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I think with the pass defense some of it is scheme. We are trying to run the tampa 2, which Tomlin brought to us last year, adn Leslie Frazier is just tweaking it a little, but it is basically the same. I think it is scheme because you notice we always give the wide out a good 5-10 yards on every play. We never play bump and run like the Packers do, or like the redskins do, etc.. We are always allowing the reciever to catch the ball. That is what is killing us. I have been a die hard vikes fan for about 12 years and I must say I have never seen the vikes change their pass defense scheme, it is always the same, they always give the wideout a good 5-10 yards. Even when we had those playoffs teams of the late 90's with Denny Green, the defensive pass scheme was always the same, we allowed a shit load of yards. It will probably never change.

We have some talent in the secondary but most of the players in our secondary are in the wrong scheme and they get burned with it. Winfield is one of, if not the best tackling db in the game but he is (like you said) a two step away from the defender. I think Cedric Griffin's problem is that he is way too aggresive which is killing him, he is always guessing and over attacking defenders. Marcus McCauley is a rookie who is going through his bumps and bruises of a rookie year, he is a big db. I think he will be good some day just give him time. I think Sharper is still a lot better than what people think of him these days, he is no longer one of the best safties in the game but he still is always around the ball on every play, and he still knows where he has to be on the field but he is just slowing down and can't carry the defense on his own, which gives him a bad rap.
    Old 10-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #50
    superfan

My Tour Central Stats

Tarvarus Jackson says he will be ready by Sunday, that is good news, I think I am one of the few supporters of him.
    Old 10-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #51
    bigeyefish22
    I fucking hate it here

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Tarvarus Jackson says he will be ready by Sunday, that is good news, I think I am one of the few supporters of him.
    Even one of his very few supporters doesn't know how to spell his name. This says aLOT about Tavaris Jackson.
    Old 10-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #52
    ISU1648

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Even one of his very few supporters doesn't know how to spell his name. This says aLOT about Tavaris Jackson.
    When youre trying to make other people look dumb by saying they dont spell a players name right....and then you spell it wrong too....you look like a huge jack ass. Its Tarvaris Jackson, btw.
    ISU1648 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-09-2007, 06:59 PM   #53
    bigeyefish22
    I fucking hate it here

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ISU1648 View Post
    When youre trying to make other people look dumb by saying they dont spell a players name right....and then you spell it wrong too....you look like a huge jack ass. Its Tarvaris Jackson, btw.
    Or, that was kind of my point. People dont know his name because he is no good.

And it was a joke, so relax yourself.
    Old 10-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #54
    superfan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    sorry master almighty!
    Old 10-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #55
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

TJ will give the Bears D at least 3 picks, one of which will be returned for a TD. Final score: 27-6 Bears.
    Old 10-14-2007, 10:32 AM   #56
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

TJ once again looks horrible and Troy Williamson still needs to learn how to catch a pass.
    Old 10-14-2007, 10:54 AM   #57
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nick@Night View Post
    TJ once again looks horrible and Troy Williamson still needs to learn how to catch a pass.
    At least he caught the one that really counted. Your secondary is....ick though.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #58
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
    At least he caught the one that really counted. Your secondary is....ick though.
    It's like watching AIDS spread through the body.
    Old 10-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #59
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Your buddy AP is pretty fast though...

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-14-2007, 11:15 AM   #60
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

My Tour Central Stats

Chester Taylor should be doing his laundry.

Tags
    nfl , vikings