** Official Obama Thread ** - Page 497 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 11-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #14881
Swizz2007

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** Official President Barack Obama, Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Thread **

Yeah, the crowd goes wild at the very mention of Beck. They're gonna get a lot of mileage out of him.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #14882
    ShotgunDMB

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    Of course, Obama is not much different from Bush.
    Don't be ridiculous Spotlight eyes (or Glenn Beck). There are plenty of differences between Bush and Obama. Unfortunately. And by plenty, I mean a lot. There's always going to be some similaries between successive presidents, no matter how different they may be politically, because they are dealing with a lot of the same problems.
    Old 11-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #14883
    ShotgunDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seekupchuck View Post
    Audacity of Lying is correct. I can't believe what I just read in this article:eek

White house releases list of guests. Impressive list. Now for the hilarious part... Read below! It's like a test to see how stupid people actually are. lol

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33556933/ns/politics-white_house/

The White House warns that many names that may appear familiar — and controversial — do not in fact refer to the most famous people to carry those names. Jeremiah Wright is on the list, but it's not the president's former pastor. This Michael Jordan is not the basketball player. This Michael Moore is not a filmmaker. The William Ayers who took a group tour of the White House isn't the former radical from Chicago who figured so prominently in the 2008 campaign. And the Angela Davis on the list has a different middle initial than the activist and former fugitive.

Let's see how many in here fail the test:lol
    It seems too ridiculous and obvious to be true.
    Old 11-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #14884
    hoke2007
    #16- I'm with Coco

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Swizz2007 View Post
    Yeah, the crowd goes wild at the very mention of Beck. They're gonna get a lot of mileage out of him.
    The should. Glenn Beck is fucking crazy. I unfortunately caught 30 seconds of his show a month back. He was showing a clip of Obama talking while making weird faces in the corner of the screen with a baseball bat. I was wondering what mental institution he escaped from.
    Old 11-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #14885
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hoke2007 View Post
    The should. Glenn Beck is fucking crazy. I unfortunately caught 30 seconds of his show a month back. He was showing a clip of Obama talking while making weird faces in the corner of the screen with a baseball bat. I was wondering what mental institution he escaped from.
    :lol I have no idea how he's come to be so famous, but I am glad we get to enjoy the absurd spectacle of his five minutes of fame.
    Old 11-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #14886
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Swizz2007 View Post
    This really isn't true IMO. Your logic (falsely) claims that he only bashes Republicans. If this is true, now would be just as good a time as ever; look at how much the right is squirming at nearly everything this president tries to do. Hence why the clip I showed is so funny...did you actually watch it? I find it hard to believe someone wouldn't find that clever.

And there have been several great segments in recent months making fun of Obama. One of my personal favorites was when they were mocking his administration for making excuses and putting off the "don't ask, don't tell" issue.

As for Colbert......yeah, I mean, I think he's funny, but I rarely watch his show.
    nah. I'm right. I didn't say he only made fun of republicans.
    Old 11-02-2009, 04:50 AM   #14887
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    Don't be ridiculous Spotlight eyes (or Glenn Beck). There are plenty of differences between Bush and Obama. Unfortunately. And by plenty, I mean a lot. There's always going to be some similaries between successive presidents, no matter how different they may be politically, because they are dealing with a lot of the same problems.
    I think the point about Obama being similar to Bush, is probably more accurately said as Bush being similar to Obama. The issue being that Bush was not a true conservative, despite the left's hatred for him. He's more liberal, certainly fiscally, than he gets credit for.. and that's where the similarity between Obama and Bush tend to be thought of as similar. Aside from that, its funny that Obama hasn't really shifted position so much as just continue a lot of the things Bush did in many arenas. Obama is starting to venture out into divergent territory, but for the first 6 months or so of his Presidency, his policies were just the same (military) or amped up versions (stimulus vs. TARP) of GB's.
    Old 11-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #14888
    liduponmyhead

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RobbtheRevelatr View Post
    1st paragraph - politicans are all liars, I agree.. but that doesn't mean we should accept it.

2nd paragraph - You lefties always love to harken back to Bush like that makes it ok for Obama to lie about things you perceive to be 'lesser' lies. Lies are lies, and defending Obama's lies just means youre blatantly partisan instead of judging what he does on its own merits.
    I'm not defending lies. You said they were lies, not me. I simply was trying to bring in some information about the numbers and how they were calculated. But, I got stuck in a "Obama is a liar" scenario, and am now getting out. I personally think it's lind of boring to just post things and say "what a bunch of lies," when you have no evidence to your side. The burden lies with the accuser. If I'm being blatantly partisan then you're being blatantly partisan when you declare a President a liar simply because you don't like him. We didn't even know Bush was lying until a few weeks or months later.
    Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #14889
    liduponmyhead

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    The sadness comes from why.

Over the last 70 years, the culture of the United States has morphed from a society of men who were primarily concerned with the direction of the nation, on both social and political issues, into, a society of more or less equal men and women who have no clue what their role is, but DO know that "politix" does not involve them.

We have handed our political responsibility over to a very small, very powerful group of people. Its OUR fault. Yeah, those people have been trying to acquire power all through out history, but it took until half through the 20th century for it to really take shape.

What it took, was for the average American to develop a totally different sense of self. Today, we are focused inward. Our own personal and pathetic lives take ultimate precedence over matters of society, state, or the world. We can't ;egitimately say we care about anything but ourselves, because our actions speak the loudest. Evidence? Today, most people are so completely uninformed about the world, current events, and cultural pathways, that they can barely even cast a meaningful vote. And they certainly can't, when none of the presented (not selected & elected) candidates are even close to a "people's" choice.

The voting for Bush in 2004, and the voting for Obama in 2008, are both perfect examples of how easily people are manipulated today. Anyone with a shred of common sense knew back in 2004 that the next president would have to be someone who appeared to be the opposite of Bush. Appeared is the key word. A charismatic guy who is exceptional at delivering tele-prompted monologues (as if this qualifies someone to be "President").

Of course, Obama is not much different from Bush, unless you consider his acceleration of several Bush policies to be different. It is, its much worse. And its ONLY much worse because he can get away with it...for now. It takes a certain amount of time for blind suport to wan, in the wake of broken promises.
    Thank you for that deft analysis. I always enjoy the "hell in a handbasket" sermons. I didn't know how stupid and pathetic I was until now. Thank you. All us minorities and women have ruined this country fo sho!

So, if we were stupid to vote for Bush, and stupid to vote for Obama...oh my, dare I ask? Who should I vote for?
    Old 11-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #14890
    ShotgunDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think the point about Obama being similar to Bush, is probably more accurately said as Bush being similar to Obama. The issue being that Bush was not a true conservative, despite the left's hatred for him. He's more liberal, certainly fiscally, than he gets credit for.. and that's where the similarity between Obama and Bush tend to be thought of as similar. Aside from that, its funny that Obama hasn't really shifted position so much as just continue a lot of the things Bush did in many arenas. Obama is starting to venture out into divergent territory, but for the first 6 months or so of his Presidency, his policies were just the same (military) or amped up versions (stimulus vs. TARP) of GB's.
    Bush spent a lot on defense, which was necessary after 9/11, and he spent a lot on domestic programs which he campaigned on (NCLB, Medicare Part D). Obama spent mostly on welfare and government stimulus which went to a lot of different left wing causes, in addition to maintaining most of the military spending. Then of course, all the bailouts and stimulus which threw everything out of whack near the end of 2008....Bush definately wasn't a fiscal conservative, but I don't think his administration really had a coherent economic philosophy, so you can't really categorize it.

But in other areas, there are significant differences between Bush and Obama.
    Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #14891
    buzz05232000
    In Flynn We Trust

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Welcome to the one party system that is the United States

http://www.last.fm/user/buzz05232000
    Old 11-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #14892
    buzz05232000
    In Flynn We Trust

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    (NCLB, Medicare Part D).
    Both of these are welfare

Old 11-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #14893
    ShotgunDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by buzz05232000 View Post
    Both of these are welfare
    I guess you could make that arguement. I don't care for either of them to be honest.
    Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #14894
    buzz05232000
    In Flynn We Trust

My Tour Central Stats

Nobody does

and they are welfare based

Old 11-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #14895
    NextMovement41
    BBQ BEER FREEDOM

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I guess you could make that arguement. I don't care for either of them to be honest.
    NCLB gets a bad rap because it got absolute shit for funding. Then again some of the premises were sketchy, so I'm not losing sleep over it.
    Old 11-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #14896
    gryspn41
    The Ozarks are home....

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    :lol I have no idea how he's come to be so famous, but I am glad we get to enjoy the absurd spectacle of his five minutes of fame.
    Don't be so sure...Beck will be around a while. I just wonder how many people have gotten past the fact he is a former comedian and actually listen to what he is saying.
    Old 11-03-2009, 04:48 AM   #14897
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by liduponmyhead View Post
    I'm not defending lies. You said they were lies, not me. I simply was trying to bring in some information about the numbers and how they were calculated. But, I got stuck in a "Obama is a liar" scenario, and am now getting out.
    Really? Then what's this? How is the bolded below not the same thing as lie?

Quote:
    O.K. So, you've done it. You've pointed out that politicians and presidents say things to put a shine on their policies that they can't empirically prove. O.K.

As far as it being insulting or a crock of sh*t, it's no different than Bush declaring "mission accomplished." In fact, Bush's lie was a heck of a lot worse because it involved people being killed. But, for those who support the war, it wasn't insulting. For those who support the stimulus, Obama's numbers aren't insulting.
    Quote:
    I personally think it's lind of boring to just post things and say "what a bunch of lies, when you have no evidence to your side. The burden lies with the accuser. If I'm being blatantly partisan then you're being blatantly partisan when you declare a President a liar simply because you don't like him. We didn't even know Bush was lying until a few weeks or months later.
    Well, that's not what I did.. I said why he's a liar for using information any half wit can deduce is not accurate for his own personal political gain. He's a liar for not having any factual data to back up what he says. I guess because its Obama, and its just to "put a shine on his policies without empirical proof" that makes it ok in your view.

How can you call me being blatantly partisan when I agree with you about Bush? I didn't like him either, so that makes me blatantly partisan? Please. Grow up and realize Obama is no different than any other politican. They're all liars, cheats and thieves, and he is no exception.
    Old 11-03-2009, 05:20 AM   #14898
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

Shows Seen: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by buzz05232000 View Post
    Nobody does

and they are welfare based
    Well, people who used Medicare Part D and welfare probably dont think they're worthless.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gryspn41 View Post
    Don't be so sure...Beck will be around a while. I just wonder how many people have gotten past the fact he is a former comedian and actually listen to what he is saying.
    Hopefully, no one.
    Old 11-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #14899
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

Shows Seen: 152

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nRew...eature=related
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    wow that was a classic ricky deflection ™
    Old 11-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #14900
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    Strange, another racist post from GoCubs.
    Old 11-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #14901
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbianca1982 View Post
    Strange, another racist post from GoCubs.
    i would love to know how that is racist?
    Quote:
    Old 11-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #14902
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    i would love to know how that is racist?
    SierraMikeNovember (4 months ago) Show Hide
    Marked as spam Reply

haha black people are silly

daltonsbadboy (7 months ago) Show Hide
    Marked as spam Reply

sad

pyroace14 (7 months ago) Show Hide
    Marked as spam Reply

lol i had to hear it the second time

aguyfromharlem (9 months ago) Show Hide
    +1
    Marked as spam Reply

do black people think they are going to get some kind of special treatment because the president is black?

SmokinBabies (9 months ago) Show Hide
    Marked as spam Reply

haaa im poor and white and theres been a white president since forever, stupid woman

hccowboy (9 months ago) Show Hide
    Marked as spam Reply

LOL wont get rich off my dime!

daltonsbadboy (7 months ago) Show Hide
    Marked as spam Reply

with the new green house gas tax and ALL the other mass of taxes coming our way......YES HE CAN.....get some of your dimes many times over...Unofotunately

Showing 7 of 7 comments Show More Comments
    Old 11-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #14903
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

^those comments dont make me a racist i said none of them.. I like your logic though
    Quote:
    Old 11-03-2009, 08:27 AM   #14904
    Scuba Jeremy
    Jet Setter

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

But they were part of the page that you were showing your support of. If you didn't support those comments, you could have said "check out the video, but I don't agree with the comments." Instead, you decided to show the whole page, so it would appear that you support and agree with the comments, too. Racist.
    They're - Contraction for "they are"
    Old 11-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #14905
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scuba Jeremy View Post
    But they were part of the page that you were showing your support of. If you didn't support those comments, you could have said "check out the video, but I don't agree with the comments." Instead, you decided to show the whole page, so it would appear that you support and agree with the comments, too. Racist.
    Uhm. Only one comment could even remotely be construed as racist, which is "black people are silly". Hardly, worth mentioning.
    Old 11-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #14906
    Dooks

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I agree..I think gocubs is a dick, but calling him racist based on that link is a stretch. Not to say there isn't any other evidence that he is racist, but I don't see it here.
    “We are creatures of information and the imagination. The monkey we are already beginning to transform and shed. We don’t look like the other monkeys, and we look less like them all the time.” T. Mckenna
    Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #14907
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So this logic works for the obama broad who likes mao yes?
    Old 11-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #14908
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So.. by that rationale.... Obama is a Socialist? :p
    Old 11-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #14909
    Scuba Jeremy
    Jet Setter

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Socialist, Fascist, Communist ... am I leaving something out? It's all the same, right?
    They're - Contraction for "they are"
    Old 11-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #14910
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Socialist, Fascist, Communist ... am I leaving something out? It's all the same, right?
    You left out Marxist.

Tags
    peeping rahm