***Official Camden 2015*** - Page 50 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-30-2015, 08:59 AM   #1471
ajc_1988
...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Camden 2015***

didn't help that they were ID'ing everyone, even if you had a wristband already when you got up to order

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #1472
    rickyh24
    GOAT

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

The wristband thing is so dumb. If you carded me and gave me a wristband don't card me again. Already bad enough I can't grab drink for the wife and I without taking extra time working around your silly one drink limit.
    rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2015, 09:25 AM   #1473
    CrushB610

Shows Seen: 69

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajc_1988 View Post
    didn't help that they were ID'ing everyone, even if you had a wristband already when you got up to order
    This.

And the 1 beer per person was very dumb. Buddy of mine's 50 year old father who is grey/balding was not served because he left his ID in the car. Thinking ya know, that he would probably never get ID'd for alcohol.
    Old 06-30-2015, 09:25 AM   #1474
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

Shows Seen: 171

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by madpiker View Post
    decided to just stop the backread, most of you people on here are ridiculous.

it was SHITTY weather conditions, certainly. it was a monsoon for the majority of the acoustic set, and obviously couldnt tell for electric because it was dark out.

rain did hold up for the set break which was really convenient for me.

worst part of this weekend wasnt the sets at all (I had very few issues, and it's not like i can really do anything about those). but the damn lines for beer/food were just ATROCIOUS. I mean, unbelievable. was a lot of that due to the rain and lawn people coming to the inside stands? probably, but JFC. i used to love SBC because the lines were always short, and you had easy access to everything.

the past two years have completely changed my mind on that.

and the over 21 wristbands. DONT GIVE THOSE OUT AT THE DAMN STANDS. have people standing all over checking and passing them out. that's how it's done at SPAC and Gorge and there are NO issues. my god the point of the wristbands I get, but at least have a system in place for it instead of holding up everyone who's already had a wristband for 2 hours. unreal, just unreal.

man that walk after the show was insane. every intersection was flooded with 4-7 inches of water. that was not fun, but at some point you just have to be like "f it" and trudge through it all.

my crew had an AMAZING weekend in philly and at the shows. I'd do it over again in a heartbeat, and will be this weekend at SPAC. haters please don't find me and my crew. no time for that nonsense.
    Even though I had the damn wristbands they kept checking my ID... I was like why do I have this stupid band if you keep checking my ID... she's like you still have to show it and we have to check it every time. I told her she was wasting my time. Ugh.
    Cozmic135 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2015, 09:27 AM   #1475
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Also lol at me having to take the shot I buy in front of the beer vendor before they give me beer as a separate transaction. They literally are finding ways to make the process take longer than it should.
    Old 06-30-2015, 09:47 AM   #1476
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

At least they had an above average beer selection
    Old 06-30-2015, 10:12 AM   #1477
    madpiker

Shows Seen: 132

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    The wristband thing is so dumb. If you carded me and gave me a wristband don't card me again. Already bad enough I can't grab drink for the wife and I without taking extra time working around your silly one drink limit.
    I get the reason why they have the wristbands, it's easier for compliance and checking underage drinking throughout the show, but at least pass those out somewhere else. I dont mind showing my ID every time, but at least make the process CLEAR.

same thing happens at SPAC and Gorge and these kinds of issues don't happen.

Quote:
    Also lol at me having to take the shot I buy in front of the beer vendor before they give me beer as a separate transaction. They literally are finding ways to make the process take longer than it should.
    oh, we mastered this process last year at the fireball machine stage right bar.
    Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #1478
    ptjn

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deceit View Post
    We tried to two years ago. Cab driver wanted some outrageous amount of money to go over the river (like $100+) and we told him to fuck off. We've done the public transit to train to method last two years. It's slow, and somewhat painful, but it gets you home.
    ATLANTIC CITY IS THE NJ VENUE! I've been to Camden for four shows. This is 3 too many! Acoustics are non existent. No easy way to get there. Public transportation bad and no hotels. As a NJ native, I really appreciate Dave doing NJ. But Camden takes a back seat to Atlantic City. Atlantic City is THE NJ venue! AC came out in droves during the Caravan tour. Much easier access, lots of hotel options. Beach, Summer, Music, centrally located between Philly, New York, and DC. Easy driving access. Local airport. Boardwalk Hall 10,000 seat capacity. Exceeds Camden by 3,000 seats for indoor seating.
    ptjn is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2015, 08:29 PM   #1479
    ptjn

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ATLANTIC CITY IS THE NJ VENUE! I've been to Camden for four shows. This is 3 too many! Acoustics are non existent. No easy way to get there. Public transportation bad and no hotels. As a NJ native, I really appreciate Dave doing NJ. But Camden takes a back seat to Atlantic City. Atlantic City is THE NJ venue! AC came out in droves during the Caravan tour. Much easier access, lots of hotel options. Beach, Summer, Music, centrally located between Philly, New York, and DC. Easy driving access. Local airport. Boardwalk Hall 10,000 seat capacity. Exceeds Camden by 3,000 seats for indoor seating.
    ptjn is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2015, 06:16 AM   #1480
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

***Official Camden 2015***

Well that's just not true. Sounds like you are doing Camden wrong. There is a very easy way to get there and the acoustics are obviously better than a venue like Bader field.
    Old 07-02-2015, 06:58 AM   #1481
    madpiker

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ptjn View Post
    while I wouldn't be opposed to shows in AC, it's just not the same, and certainly ensures I blow more money (I may have a gambling problem).

the sound at SBC is pretty solid in my 8 shows there. all over the venue including lawn.

Quote:
    Well that's just not true. Sounds like you are doing Camden wrong. There is a very easy way to get there and the acoustics are obviously better than a venue like Bader field.
    easy way to get there, yes. get home? not so much. get home during a monsoon?
    Old 07-02-2015, 07:14 AM   #1482
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    while I wouldn't be opposed to shows in AC, it's just not the same, and certainly ensures I blow more money (I may have a gambling problem).

the sound at SBC is pretty solid in my 8 shows there. all over the venue including lawn.

easy way to get there, yes. get home? not so much. get home during a monsoon?

I've never had a problem getting home unless We try to get a cab after. Which we did this year because of the storms but we quickly realized it was a bad idea and went to the ferry line. Every time we take the ferry there and back it works flawlessly.
    Old 07-02-2015, 07:18 AM   #1483
    madpiker

My Tour Central Stats

the ferry works flawlessly, but it can take a long time if you're not on the first one
    Old 07-02-2015, 07:31 AM   #1484
    rickyh24
    GOAT

My Tour Central Stats

Thankfully there is no reason to miss the first one with shake me and ymdt encores.
    Old 07-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #1485
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Yea both times going to Camden (one time staying in NJ, this year staying in Philly) I had zero issues with getting to and from the venue, the sound, or things to do to stay busy during the day. And the time I stayed in NJ I was solo
    Old 07-02-2015, 09:58 AM   #1486
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

camden has, by far, the worst chicken fingers i have ever had in my life. cant believe i paid $10 for those flavorless pieces of shit.
    Old 07-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #1487
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    camden has, by far, the worst chicken fingers i have ever had in my life. cant believe i paid $10 for those flavorless pieces of shit.
    Shitty hot dog
    Old 07-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #1488
    trippingheadies
    she is a wicked lie

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Overall not a bad weekend....Down by the River and Smooth Rider were awesome. LOVED seeing Rye Whiskey return as well. Camden has had a slew of awesome shows over the past couple of years and we were destined for some Rapunzel or Shake me Like a Monkey. Not every year can be JTR, Pig, Warehouse etc. Thats what makes them more special. Next year should be back to amazeballs.

Also I am not sure what lines all you people were in but that was by far the easiest bathroom and beer lines I have ever encountered at Camden and I have been going there since 2001. Light lawn crowd on N1 definitley helped with that and the rain, well it was insane but made the show more fun too.
    Old 07-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #1489
    madpiker

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This almost made me spit out my coffee. Glad I didn't get them, when I get food at shows, it's usually chicken fingers.
    Old 07-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #1490
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trippingheadies View Post
    Overall not a bad weekend....Down by the River and Smooth Rider were awesome. LOVED seeing Rye Whiskey return as well. Camden has had a slew of awesome shows over the past couple of years and we were destined for some Rapunzel or Shake me Like a Monkey. Not every year can be JTR, Pig, Warehouse etc. Thats what makes them more special. Next year should be back to amazeballs.

Also I am not sure what lines all you people were in but that was by far the easiest bathroom and beer lines I have ever encountered at Camden and I have been going there since 2001. Light lawn crowd on N1 definitley helped with that and the rain, well it was insane but made the show more fun too.
    1) you say that like its a bad thing. since when did rapunzel become a low light?

2) this is 2 years that, while good, were not "best of the year" nominees like 07, 10, 12, and 13. next year somewhat depends on if its an album year, but yes, camden is now due for greatness.

Quote:
    This almost made me spit out my coffee. Glad I didn't get them, when I get food at shows, it's usually chicken fingers.
    they were so bad that my friend created this hypothetical situation where all i could eat was those chicken fingers and asked how long i could take it. it became a running joke the entire weekend where everything tasted like chicken fingers. the alternate situation was i could eat other food, but it would be as bland and flavorless as the chicken fingers were. pizza that tastes like wet cardboard. ice cream made with skim milk and no sugar to basically be frozen milk water. make prisoners eat those chicken fingers every meal of every day and they'll do whatever you want for a chance to eat a cheeseburger. my god those chicken fingers were awful. i had to force myself to finish them, and i was starving.
    Old 07-03-2015, 01:14 AM   #1491
    Utopia
    Minutes and hours

Shows Seen: 91

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    1) you say that like its a bad thing. since when did rapunzel become a low light?

2) this is 2 years that, while good, were not "best of the year" nominees like 07, 10, 12, and 13. next year somewhat depends on if its an album year, but yes, camden is now due for greatness.

they were so bad that my friend created this hypothetical situation where all i could eat was those chicken fingers and asked how long i could take it. it became a running joke the entire weekend where everything tasted like chicken fingers. the alternate situation was i could eat other food, but it would be as bland and flavorless as the chicken fingers were. pizza that tastes like wet cardboard. ice cream made with skim milk and no sugar to basically be frozen milk water. make prisoners eat those chicken fingers every meal of every day and they'll do whatever you want for a chance to eat a cheeseburger. my god those chicken fingers were awful. i had to force myself to finish them, and i was starving.
    Speaking of concessions, I'm high AF, and all I cN think about is this tuna sushi taco French fry thing I had at blossom last year. I can't spend money on chicken fingers when there's shit like that in play
    Old 07-03-2015, 05:10 AM   #1492
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    [

yall must be a blast to have at parties
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2015, 01:18 PM   #1493
    JimiThing1234

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Had no issue with transport....me and a buddy grabbed drinks at the bar across the street and waited for the rain to die down and called an uber. May have seen some of you if you did the same Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JimiThing1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2015, 08:22 AM   #1494
    Gravedigger789

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Stay or Leave from N2 in the acoustic set was incredible. Was listening to it this morning and was floored by a simple but powerful lyric emphasis towards the end of the song. "You and me I WANT TO BE TOO!" His almost begging/wailing tone on that lyric is just incredible. Totally changes the feel for the song. Between that and Carter's shaker in the beginning that replaces Dave's scatting vocals from the studio cut, makes this my all favorite band performance of this song. If you haven't taken a listen to this, I highly recommend it.
    I will when I can
    Gravedigger789 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2015, 08:17 AM   #1495
    IDidIt41

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Lie In Our Graves from this show is the cats meow
    IDidIt41 is offline   Reply With Quote