***Official Green Bay Packers Thread*** - Page 367 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #10981
TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

Sad to see Kevin Greene go. I wish him the best, but man, huge loss.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #10982
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

Shows Seen: 8

My Tour Central Stats

That sucks so bad. The one guy who could have lit a fire under the defense leaves. Now we're stuck with Dom and his terrible defensive schemes.
    Old 01-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #10983
    TwoStep2888

My Tour Central Stats

"It is time."

One of my all-time favorite moments in Packers history.
    Old 01-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #10984
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    "It is time."

One of my all-time favorite moments in Packers history.
    I have the replay from NFL network saved on my DVR. They have that scene on there. Totally cool.
    Old 01-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #10985
    Timebomb07

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Tough loss. Really sad to see him go.
    Timebomb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #10986
    TwoStep2888

My Tour Central Stats

Despite rumors that new Brown HC Pettine would steal Packers RB Coach Alex Van Pelt to be his OC in Cleveland, Van Pelt will stay in Green Bay, but will move from RB Coach to QB Coach, replacing Ben McAdoo, who left to be Giants OC.
    Old 01-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #10987
    Timebomb07

My Tour Central Stats

I really, really hope we re-sign Kuhn. I hope they can reach some middle ground. Love having that guy around.
    Old 01-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #10988
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

My Tour Central Stats

This would never happen, but could you imagine?:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-g...0233--nfl.html
    Old 02-01-2014, 09:45 PM   #10989
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

My Tour Central Stats

Congrats to Eddie Lacy for winning the league's offensive ROY.
    Old 02-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #10990
    TwoStep2888

My Tour Central Stats

Eddie Lacy won OROTY and the Rodgers/Cobb game-winning TD in Chicago won Never Say Never something of the year or whatever. Fun day.
    Old 02-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #10991
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    Eddie Lacy won OROTY and the Rodgers/Cobb game-winning TD in Chicago won Never Say Never something of the year or whatever. Fun day.
    Any day you make the Bears look sad is a fun day.
    Old 02-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #10992
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

My Tour Central Stats

Sounds like Aaron got back together with Jessica Szohr. Too bad the relationship is doomed:

The trio indulged on flatbread pizzas and had fun bowling. But Swift, 24, also squeezed in some girl talk. The insider adds: "Taylor was overheard giving [Jessica] relationship advice in the ladies room."

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/jess...us-weekly.html
    Old 02-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #10993
    TwoStep2888

My Tour Central Stats

A look at where the members of the XLV teams have gone since the big game: "Only 23 players from the 2010 Super Bowl team are still on the Packers, and 11 of those 23 have expiring contracts this offseason. Of the players with expiring contracts I'd expect we only keep 4 or 5 of those, so three seasons after the Super Bowl we'll have only 16 players left from that team. The NFL turns over quickly."

Quote:
    Super XLV: Where are they now?

By Rob Demovsky | ESPN.com

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Exactly three years ago -- on Feb. 6, 2011 -- the Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl XLV.

Since then, much has happened to the 53 players who were on the roster for that 31-25 victory against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Arlington, Texas.

Free agency, injuries, retirement and declining performance cause roster turnover.

Still, it’s eye-opening that from the group that suited up for the Packers’ last championship, only 12 players (just 22.6 percent) remain under contract with the team for 2014. Another 11 are still officially members of the Packers, but have contracts that expire next month. There are 13 players with other NFL teams, and 17 are out of football -- perhaps for good.

Here’s a look at the status of every player who was on the active roster three years ago today at Super Bowl XLV:

Under contract for 2014

QB Aaron Rodgers: Threw for 304 yards and three touchdowns on the way to winning the Super Bowl XLV MVP, then won the NFL MVP award the next season. Signed a five-year, $110 million contract extension last April.
    G Josh Sitton: Started Super Bowl XLV at right guard, but moved to left guard in 2013 and was a second-team, All-Pro selection. Signed a five-year contract extension on Sept. 2, 2011 that averages $6.75 million per season.
    T Bryan Bulaga: Started at right tackle, but moved to left tackle last offseason. A training camp knee injury ended his 2013 season, and he now enters the final year of his rookie contract.
    G T.J. Lang: Served as a backup, but became the starting left guard the next season. Signed a four-year contract extension on Aug. 14, 2012 that averages $5.2 million per season. Moved to right guard last season.
    WR Jordy Nelson: Caught nine passes for 140 yards and a touchdown in the Super Bowl, and went on to post 1,000-yard receiving seasons in two of the next three years. Entering the final year of his contract in 2014.
    OLB Clay Matthews: Forced a fumble in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl that the Packers recovered and turned into a touchdown to pad the lead. Four-time Pro Bowler signed a five-year, $66 million contract extension last April.
    LB A.J. Hawk: Started and made seven tackles in the Super Bowl. Was released two months later, only to re-sign a more salary-cap friendly deal. Is under contract through 2015.
    CB Tramon Williams: Broke up three passes in the Super Bowl, including the one that sealed the game on fourth-and-5 from the Steelers’ 33-yard line in the final minute. Entering the final year of his contract. Scheduled to make $7.5 million in 2014, and could be a candidate to be released or restructured despite a strong finish to last season.
    K Mason Crosby: Made a 23-yard field goal in the game and signed a five-year, $14.75 million contract on July 29, 2011. Struggled in 2012, but bounced back last year to post his best season.
    P Tim Masthay: Capped his first season with the Packers by averaging 40.5 yards and allowing the Steelers just 5 yards on punt returns in the game. Signed a four-year, $5.465 million contract extension on July 26, 2012.
    LS Brett Goode: Has been the long snapper since 2008 and signed a three-year, $2.715 million contract extension on Oct. 13, 2012.
    CB Jarrett Bush: Special teams player who was pressed into defensive duty in the game after injuries to Sam Shields and Charles Woodson, and intercepted a Ben Roethlisberger pass in the second quarter. Signed a three-year, $5.25 million contract on March 26, 2012.

Headed for free agency next month

RB James Starks: Started the Super Bowl and rushed for 52 yards on 11 carries. Battled injuries most of his career, and might not be re-signed.
    WR James Jones: Caught five passes for 50 yards in the game, and signed a three-year, $9.6 million contract on Aug. 2, 2011. Caught 59 passes for a career-high 817 yards in 2013, and could be a re-signed despite his age (will turn 30 next month).
    DT Ryan Pickett: Started the game, made two tackles and was in on the play in which Matthews forced Rashard Mendehall's fourth-quarter fumble. Played in all 16 games last season with a base salary of $5.4 million, but might be at the age (34) where the Packers let him walk.
    DT B.J. Raji: Capped a strong 2010 postseason with a pair of tackles in the game. Finished his rookie contract in 2013, and reportedly turned down an $8 million-per-year offer last season.
    DE C.J. Wilson: Started the game, but played only 14 snaps. Biggest impact came the night before the game, when he kept things loose in the team hotel by playing piano and leading a team sign-along. Finished his rookie contract in 2013.
    FB John Kuhn: Played on both offense and special teams in the game. Signed a three-year, $7.5 million contract on Aug. 1, 2011.
    CB Sam Shields: Suffered a shoulder injury in the second quarter of the game. Had his best season in 2013 while playing under the restricted free agent tender of $2.023 million. Will command a big contract either from the Packers or another team in free agency.
    LB Robert Francois: Went back and forth from the practice squad to the active roster throughout the 2010 season, and played on special teams in the game. Played last season under a one-year, $725,000 deal, but tore his Achilles tendon on Oct. 6.
    TE Andrew Quarless: Caught one pass for 5 yards in the game. Suffered a major knee injury the next season and missed all of 2012. Returned last season to catch 32 passes for 312 yards (both career highs) in the final year of his rookie deal.
    QB Matt Flynn: Served as Rodgers’ backup but did not play in the Super Bowl. Left after the 2011 season as a free agent, and after stints with Seattle, Oakland and Buffalo, he returned to the Packers last season for a one-year minimum deal and played in five games after Rodgers broke his collarbone.
    C Evan Dietrich-Smith: Was inactive for the Super Bowl. Became a starter late in 2012 and for all of 2013, when he played under the restricted free agent tender of $1.323 million deal.

With other teams

WR Greg Jennings: Started and became just the third player in team history to catch multiple touchdowns in a Super Bowl by recording touchdowns of 21 and 8 yards. Signed a five-year, $45 million contract with the Vikings last March.
    G Daryn Colledge: Started at left guard, but left in free agency a few months later to sign a five-year, $27.5 million contract with the Cardinals. Has started every game for the Cardinals since.
    C Scott Wells: Started at center and remained with the Packers through the 2011 season before signing a four-year, $24 million contract with the Rams. Has missed 13 games over the past two seasons because of injuries.
    LB Desmond Bishop: Became a starter earlier in 2010 after Nick Barnett's wrist injury and made nine tackles in the Super Bowl. Also recovered the fumble that Matthews forced. Signed a four-year, $19 million contract in 2011, but was released after missing the entire 2012 season because of a hamstring injury. Signed with the Vikings last offseason, but appeared in only four games.
    OLB Frank Zombo: Started the game and had the Packers’ only sack of Roethlisberger but battled injuries the next two years and was released. Signed with the Chiefs last year and appeared in all 16 games.
    CB Charles Woodson: Started at cornerback, but broke his collarbone late in the second quarter and missed the remainder of the game. Played two more seasons with the Packers, who released him last year. Returned to his old team, the Raiders, and played in all 16 games last season.
    DE Cullen Jenkins: Played 36 snaps and had a pair of quarterback pressures. Left in free agency the following year and signed a five-year, $25 million contract with the Eagles, who released him after two years. Signed a three-year, $8 million contract with the Giants last season.
    TE Tom Crabtree: Played on both offense and special teams in the Super Bowl, catching one pass. Left last year to sign with the Buccaneers as an unrestricted free agent, but was limited to seven games because of injuries.
    CB Josh Gordy: Was inactive for the game, and the next season was signed off the practice squad the by the Rams. Spent the past two seasons with the Colts.
    G Nick McDonald: Was inactive for the game, like he was for every game that season. Was released in training camp the next year, and spent parts of the next two seasons with the Patriots. Did not play in 2013, but was recently signed by the Chargers.
    OLB Erik Walden: Was inactive after suffering an ankle injury in the NFC Championship Game. Played the next two seasons before signing a four-year, $16 million contract with the Colts last year.
    DE: Jarius Wynn: Was active but did not play. Played in Green Bay through 2011, and with the Titans and Chargers before landing with the Cowboys last season.
    FB Quinn Johnson: Inactive for the game. Was traded to the Titans in 2011. Has played in 24 games for the Titans over the past three years.

Out of football

T Chad Clifton: Started at left tackle, but his long career with the Packers ended when they released him after he played in only six games in 2011. Was never signed by another team.
    WR Donald Driver: Started the game and caught two passes for 28 yards before leaving with an ankle injury in the second quarter. Retired after the 2012 season as the team’s all-time leading receiver.
    S Nick Collins: Started and made a key early play when he returned an interception 37 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter. Suffered a neck injury in Week 2 of 2011 and hasn’t played since.
    DT Howard Green: Claimed off waivers earlier that season and started the game. His hit on Roethlisberger led to Collins’ interception return for a touchdown. Returned in 2011 and played in all 16 games, but has not played since.
    WR Brett Swain: Posted a team-high four special teams tackles. Was released the following season and played briefly with the 49ers. Was cut in training camp last season by the Seahawks.
    S Atari Bigby: Played on special teams. Signed with the Seahawks the following season and played in 15 games. Played in eight games with the Chargers in 2012, but did not play in 2013.
    CB Pat Lee: Special teams player who saw action on defense after injuries to Woodson and Shields. Played one more season in Green Bay before splitting time in 2012 between the Lions and Raiders. Did not play in 2013.
    RB Brandon Jackson: Played as the third-down back, but did not have any carries in the game. Caught one pass for 14 yards. Signed a two-year, $4.5 million contract with the Browns in 2011, but missed all of that season and played in only two games in 2012.
    FB Korey Hall: Caught one pass for 2 yards and made one special teams tackle in the game. He played in 13 games with the Saints in 2011, and retired after going to camp with the Cardinals in 2012.
    S Charlie Peprah: Led the Packers with 10 tackles (including nine solo stops). Returned as a starter in 2011, when he had five interceptions, but was released shortly before training camp in 2012. Played in five games for the Cowboys in 2012.
    LB Diyral Briggs: Made one special teams tackle in the game, but never played in another NFL game.
    LB Matt Wilhelm: Made two special teams tackles, but seven-year career ended after that game.
    G Jason Spitz: Played on special teams. Left in free agency the next year and signed a three-year, $4.05 million contract with the Jaguars, who released him in training camp last summer. He signed with the Seahawks, but was released on Oct. 12.
    TE Donald Lee: Played in the game, but did not have a catch and was released two months later. Played in nine games for the Bengals in 2001.
    QB Graham Harrell: Inactive for the game. Remained with the Packers until he was released in training camp last summer. Also spent time briefly with the Jets before being released.
    RB Dimitri Nance: Inactive for the game. Was released by the Packers the following summer and never played in another NFL game.
    CB Brandon Underwood: Inactive for the game. Was released in 2011. Went to camp with the Raiders in 2012 and Cowboys in 2013, but did not make either team.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...e-are-they-now
    Old 03-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #10994
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

My Tour Central Stats

NFL.com picked an all-time Packers team. It's pretty cool when your team is made up of mostly HOF'ers:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...iters_harrison
    Old 03-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #10995
    seekupchuck

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaking1185 View Post
    NFL.com picked an all-time Packers team. It's pretty cool when your team is made up of mostly HOF'ers:

lolz@Bart over Brett
    Old 03-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #10996
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seekupchuck View Post
    lolz@Bart over Brett
    Actually I agree with that.
    Old 03-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #10997
    seekupchuck

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Actually I agree with that.
    well, then I lolz@ you too!
    Old 03-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #10998
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Anyone been watching Packers dynasty week on NFL Network? Some great stuff.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #10999
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seekupchuck View Post
    well, then I lolz@ you too!
    Agree to disagree. It's all good in Packers land.

Also loved Packers Dynasty week. Start with the best.
    Old 03-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #11000
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

My Tour Central Stats

Nice. Shields is staying put:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

Also good to see them stand their ground with Raji. He stunk last season and needs to prove it to get a big payday.
    Old 03-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #11001
    antsmarching777
    ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Very happy they kept shields.

Good riddance Raji, the phone isn't going to be ringing off the hook like he seems to think. No sense in overpaying for a guy with a questionable work ethic that has yet to live up to his potential.
    antsmarching777 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2014, 11:43 AM   #11002
    antsmarching777
    ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ckers-a-visit/

Owen Daniels set to visit GB.

Personally, I don't like this idea at all. The defense is what desperately needs help. I know it's probably time to move on from Finley but getting an older, equally as injury prone player doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure TT will get him at a good price and then probably draft 3 more TEs in the late rounds.
    antsmarching777 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #11003
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

My Tour Central Stats

Bears signed M.D. Jennings. Didn't even get a "D" grade from ESPN.

Enjoy!
    Old 03-18-2014, 06:25 AM   #11004
    Timebomb07

My Tour Central Stats

Well, overall, Pack has done great thus far in signing everyone that they need to up until this point. That said, watching Jones sign a 3-year deal for under $12 M with the Raiders is pretty upsetting. I guess they have a ton of faith in Boykin/White and co.

Really wish we would have re-signed him.
    Old 03-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #11005
    s0628711

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

That jones money will go towards locking up Cobb and Jordy. A necessary loss IMO.
    s0628711 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #11006
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Need a CB or safety...Browner would've been great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    BruceW is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #11007
    Timebomb07

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by s0628711 View Post
    That jones money will go towards locking up Cobb and Jordy. A necessary loss IMO.
    Yeah, I know... Wish it could have came from somewhere else though.
    Old 03-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #11008
    s0628711

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Timebomb07 View Post
    Yeah, I know... Wish it could have came from somewhere else though.
    I have a lot of love for Jones but 30 year old wideouts just aren't worth paying. It's such a rich position that you can literally draft his replacement in the 4th round or beyond.

I expect Boykin will slot up with a rookie in the WR4 slot. I loved what I saw from Boykin. He was thrown right into the middle of a mess of an offense and provided some stability when he was in there IMO.

It wouldn't surprise me if Boykin caught 75 passes, 900 yards, 6tds by years end next year.
    s0628711 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #11009
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

My Tour Central Stats

Packers re-sign John Kuhn to a 1 year contract so he can keep blocking for Lacey:

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl..._deal/16176202
    Old 04-15-2014, 05:36 PM   #11010
    jaking1185
    13 time NFL champs

My Tour Central Stats

Matt Flynn re-signs. Thank god we don't have to worry about our backup next season:

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._head_16278734