Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc) - Page 8 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 03-03-2015, 08:19 AM   #211
UrsadonDMBAnts+ Site Supporter
Mr. A-B

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Fandom (MCUc)

Watched The Incredible Hulk yesterday for the fist time, it was way better than I thought it would be.

My Instagram My Almanac
UrsadonDMB is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-03-2015, 08:42 AM   #212
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UrsadonDMB View Post
    Nice and simple ending to Agent Carter, about what I expected. Ready to get to present MCU time with Shield and lead into Avengers! I hope we get some Ultron easter eggs of some sort.
    I enjoyed the final episode as well. That show turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would be.

Quote:
    Watched The Incredible Hulk yesterday for the fist time, it was way better than I thought it would be.
    Still with you! I watched it last night. Definitely a solid movie. I forgot how much I really enjoyed it. I really wish Ed Norton stayed on as Hulk/Banner. I really enjoyed his performance. Other than the short scene at the end of the movie this movie doesn't feel really connected to the rest of the MCU. Betty and General Ross are never even mentioned again.

One issue I'll call out is the scene at the college. Very cool scene, and I know this is a comic book movie and just for fun, but really? Would the US Army really roll up into the middle of a college campus and open fire like they did? Seems over the top. Again, I know we were watching a movie about a man that turns into an all powerful green giant, but that scene really struck me during this viewing.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #213
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Pretty interesting if true:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=116062
    Does Robert Downey Jr. have an end to his contract? If this is true then it looks like he'll be busy. How long do you think they'll keep him. He's almost 50 (although a 65 year old Harrison Ford starred in Crystal Skull and performed most of his own stunts). I would hate to see RDJ leave the MCU in the middle of the story and be replaced. I hope he's able to make it through the entire arc they are aiming to use him for.

UPDATE:
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=116089

Last edited by KevinTH; 03-03-2015 at 09:14 AM.
    Old 03-03-2015, 09:28 AM   #214
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    Pretty interesting if true:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=116062
    Does Robert Downey Jr. have an end to his contract? If this is true then it looks like he'll be busy. How long do you think they'll keep him. He's almost 50 (although a 65 year old Harrison Ford starred in Crystal Skull and performed most of his own stunts). I would hate to see RDJ leave the MCU in the middle of the story and be replaced. I hope he's able to make it through the entire arc they are aiming to use him for.

UPDATE:
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=116089
    Here's an interesting article on the contract issues: http://www.inquisitr.com/1569354/two...nd-characters/

RDJ has also said on record that he would feel bad turning his back on the fans, and that he's excited to continue being Iron Man as long as the story lines meet with his approval. There's a logical end date there, and I think they'll have him through the Infinity Wars at the very least. The first new Spider-Man installment is supposed to be out 2 years before that, so it only makes since for him to appear. Plus, they'll throw as much money at him as he asks for.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2015, 09:51 AM   #215
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
    Here's an interesting article on the contract issues: http://www.inquisitr.com/1569354/two...nd-characters/

RDJ has also said on record that he would feel bad turning his back on the fans, and that he's excited to continue being Iron Man as long as the story lines meet with his approval. There's a logical end date there, and I think they'll have him through the Infinity Wars at the very least. The first new Spider-Man installment is supposed to be out 2 years before that, so it only makes since for him to appear. Plus, they'll throw as much money at him as he asks for.
    That was a pretty interesting read. It also just reaffirmed to me how incredible Marvel's plan is. I keep forgetting that nothing like this has ever been done before. It's really quite an impressive feat, and one that they've succeeded at since Iron Man. There's been a couple movies that haven't been quite up to par (Iron Man 2), but for the most part every movie has been solid. How impressive to have 10 good movies that all intertwine with each other that aren't actually sequals to each other. They just all exist in the same world. Just a really cool thing to be witnessing.

I just wish DC thought of it first, and I can only hope they'll do half as well as Marvel has.
    Old 03-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #216
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That was a pretty interesting read. It also just reaffirmed to me how incredible Marvel's plan is. I keep forgetting that nothing like this has ever been done before. It's really quite an impressive feat, and one that they've succeeded at since Iron Man. There's been a couple movies that haven't been quite up to par (Iron Man 2), but for the most part every movie has been solid. How impressive to have 10 good movies that all intertwine with each other that aren't actually sequals to each other. They just all exist in the same world. Just a really cool thing to be witnessing.

I just wish DC thought of it first, and I can only hope they'll do half as well as Marvel has.
    I'd probably identify myself as a 60-40 DC over Marvel fan growing up, with my DC fandom almost completely being attributed to Batman and my Marvel fandom being primarily attributed to the X-Men. The MCU has completed flipped those percentages on their head and then some.
    Old 03-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #217
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'd probably identify myself as a 60-40 DC over Marvel fan growing up, with my DC fandom almost completely being attributed to Batman and my Marvel fandom being primarily attributed to the X-Men. The MCU has completed flipped those percentages on their head and then some.
    I really didn't read comics growing up. I started to get more into them around the time of The Dark Knight. I saw that movie and I just couldn't get enough Batman. I had always been a Batman fan, but I wanted more. Most the characters I had any real interest in were DC characters growing up. Something about Marvel just never interested me. I have built up a pretty solid collection of books over the past couple years and all of them are DC.

I love the Marvel movies and within the past year of watching SHIELD and the release of Captain America: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy - my fandom has just gotten so much bigger. I just simply can't deny what a phenomenal job they are doing with their movies and shows. Finally a few weeks ago I signed up for Marvel Unlimited and I'm hooked. I just wish I had an iPad and not my iPhone to read them on. I've been reading nothing but Daredevil to prepare me for the show in April. I want to go into one of these shows/movies having a good background for once. I started the Civil War series, but I decided to put that on hold to gear up for Daredevil now.

At this point my interest has shifted towards Marvel, but I still love DC and have a lot of catching up to do there too. I also want to give them a chance with their movie universe. In fairness, they're just starting. Their model seems a little confusing though, having TV shows that don't mix with the movies. But I loved Man of Steel, Arrow is awesome and Flash is pretty good. Just really enjoying all of this. So many comics and too little time! I wish I discovered them at a younger age.
    Old 03-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #218
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I really didn't read comics growing up. I started to get more into them around the time of The Dark Knight. I saw that movie and I just couldn't get enough Batman. I had always been a Batman fan, but I wanted more. Most the characters I had any real interest in were DC characters growing up. Something about Marvel just never interested me. I have built up a pretty solid collection of books over the past couple years and all of them are DC.

I love the Marvel movies and within the past year of watching SHIELD and the release of Captain America: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy - my fandom has just gotten so much bigger. I just simply can't deny what a phenomenal job they are doing with their movies and shows. Finally a few weeks ago I signed up for Marvel Unlimited and I'm hooked. I just wish I had an iPad and not my iPhone to read them on. I've been reading nothing but Daredevil to prepare me for the show in April. I want to go into one of these shows/movies having a good background for once. I started the Civil War series, but I decided to put that on hold to gear up for Daredevil now.

At this point my interest has shifted towards Marvel, but I still love DC and have a lot of catching up to do there too. I also want to give them a chance with their movie universe. In fairness, they're just starting. Their model seems a little confusing though, having TV shows that don't mix with the movies. But I loved Man of Steel, Arrow is awesome and Flash is pretty good. Just really enjoying all of this. So many comics and too little time! I wish I discovered them at a younger age.
    Batman, and more importantly his Rogues Gallery (nothing trumps Batman villains), is the only feather DC has in its cap for me. It's a big feather though. I grew up watching re-runs of the Adam West series with my dad and vividly remember seeing Burton's rendition in theaters when I was only 4 years old. No series has had more of a formative impact on me. Don't even get me started on Frank Miller. But other than that, I'm not overly fond of anyone in the DC Universe. I like Green Lantern alright, but I've always found Superman to be a bore.
    Old 03-04-2015, 05:38 AM   #219
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Batman, and more importantly his Rogues Gallery (nothing trumps Batman villains), is the only feather DC has in its cap for me. It's a big feather though. I grew up watching re-runs of the Adam West series with my dad and vividly remember seeing Burton's rendition in theaters when I was only 4 years old. No series has had more of a formative impact on me. Don't even get me started on Frank Miller. But other than that, I'm not overly fond of anyone in the DC Universe. I like Green Lantern alright, but I've always found Superman to be a bore.
    There is just something about Batman. He definitely has the best, and most recognizable, rogues gallery out of any comic book character. I love Green Lantern. I haven't read any in a while, but I had been reading Geoff Johns run on GL and it has been fantastic. Once I started reading those books GL started to become one of my favorite DC characters. I've always been a fan of The Flash, but I hadn't read any of his books until recently. I remember having his toy when I was a kid and I just loved the way he looked. I used to watch the original series back in 1990. I actually popped in a disc from The Flash DVD set last night but had to stop because it was so bad. I bought the set about a year ago and haven't made it through the whole season yet, as the acting is SO bad (some episodes are tolerable). I've always liked Superman, but again, I never read any of his books until recently. I started with New 52 and have found Grant Morrison's style a bit out there. Not the best introduction to the character, but I'm pushing through.

Having said all that, Marvel is just trumping DC in the movie and television department. I'm very new to their books, and I just read my first Marvel comic about a month ago, but what they're doing with their movies and TV universe is unlike anything that's been done before. That's where Marvel is beating DC at the moment. First and foremost, I think The Dark Knight Trilogy are the three best comic book movies of all time. Other than that DC had the original Superman, Superman II, Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever (the last two are questionable. I like Forever, not a huge fan of Returns, but both were a financial success), and most recently Man of Steel (I'd argue this is the best adaptation of Superman to date). So in almost 40 years DC has had about 6 succesful films, a few of which are questionable. A lot of people thought Batman Returns wasn't really great, others found Batman Forever to be just as bad as Batman and Robin (I liked it), and Man of Steel has been debated since it's release (I loved it).

Now let's look at Marvel. This will be simple. Let's forget about anything pre Iron Man. Marvel had their fair share of ups and downs. But starting with Iron Man in 2008 Marvel has released 10 successful, and mostly good, movies and 2 solid television shows in a period of 7 years. Some may say Iron Man 2 and 3 sucked, personally I liked 2 upon rewatching it and I loved 3. But one can't deny Marvel just has DC beat in the cinematic universe. I just hope DC can nail their upcoming movie slate. Marvel started so strong with the home run that was the first Iron Man. DC on the other hand released Man of Steel with reactions completely split down the middle. I think it got a 50% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Again, I thought Man of Steel was great and simply misunderstood by old time Superman fans that wanted to see Richard Donner's version. But I can't argue numbers, so I'm hoping Batman vs. Superman is more of a redemption/slash home run that DC needs to get their cinematic universe going the right direction.
    Old 03-04-2015, 10:58 AM   #220
    sharvey

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqvedMo

third age of ultra trailer. that two second tease right at the end is serious blue balls. been waiting on that one for a while.
    Old 03-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #221
    Mr. A-B

My Tour Central Stats

Won't be able to watch it with volume until I get off work but this was a great trailer muted

My Instagram My Almanac
    Old 03-04-2015, 12:21 PM   #222
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Duddde. That was the best trailer of the three. I'm glad they gave an idea of what the actual story is. I don't see how this movie isn't better than the first.

Regarding the end tease:

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

Last edited by WidespreadMule3; 03-04-2015 at 12:22 PM.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #223
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

what in the hell was up with the aspect ration keep changing... please tell me I'm not the only one for whom the letterbox bars kept tilting, getting bigger and smaller, etc. that was weird as shit.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #224
    Mr. A-B

My Tour Central Stats

In regards to the spoiler. Yes.

My Instagram My Almanac
    Old 03-04-2015, 02:48 PM   #225
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    what in the hell was up with the aspect ration keep changing... please tell me I'm not the only one for whom the letterbox bars kept tilting, getting bigger and smaller, etc. that was weird as shit.
    YouTube stabilization. Someone accidentally clicked it when they were uploading the video.
    Old 03-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #226
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Wow, this looks incredible.
    Old 03-04-2015, 09:56 PM   #227
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Well, I guess I'm officially entering no trailer, no spoiler zone on this one. But seeing all the positive reactions is getting me pumped
    Tomriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #228
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone brave enough?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=116193
    Old 03-05-2015, 07:55 AM   #229
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I want to do that so bad but I know there's no way I could actually physically do it. I love all of those movies but I can only watch so many movies before my attention is lost.
    Old 03-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #230
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    I want to do that so bad but I know there's no way I could actually physically do it. I love all of those movies but I can only watch so many movies before my attention is lost.
    Yeah that would just be too much. I would love to do it, but my attention span is just not that good. I'd be done probably 3 movies in. I'm enjoying what Ursadon and I have been doing. We've been watching one movie a week leading up to the big release. I would even go as far as one a night leading up, but this works for me. But 27 straight hours? Not that bold.
    Old 03-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #231
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Great episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this week too. Good week for Marvel.
    Old 03-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #232
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

and I suppose they'd play each one out to the full end credits, to include all the little stingers? They might as well go ahead and toss in each of the One-Shots where they fall in the time line.

plus you just know the biggest, most common sort of meal/bathroom break for most people would be a huge chunk out of the second half of Iron Man 3 and first half of Thor 2

Last edited by junior94; 03-05-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    Old 03-05-2015, 11:25 AM   #233
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    and I suppose they'd play each one out to the full end credits, to include all the little stingers? They might as well go ahead and toss in each of the One-Shots where they fall in the time line.

plus you just know the biggest, most common sort of meal/bathroom break for most people would be a huge chunk out of the second half of Iron Man 3 and first half of Thor 2
    Iron Man 3 lover here. Loved it from beginning to end. Was taken of guard for sure, but thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Old 03-05-2015, 11:27 AM   #234
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

I'd say I'm a bigger fan of it than most, but that statement was just based off popular opinion. It's also the fact of where they'd fall in the whole event. You'd be right around the 10 hour mark there, I think.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:45 AM   #235
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'd say I'm a bigger fan of it than most, but that statement was just based off popular opinion. It's also the fact of where they'd fall in the whole event. You'd be right around the 10 hour mark there, I think.
    Fair enough. I completely understand why hardcore Iron Man fans disliked what they did in the last half of the movie, but I thought it was very different and overall a fun movie. I have never read an Iron Man comic, but from what I've read, is it safe to say The Mandarin is about as important to Iron Man as The Joker is to Batman? I have to admit, if I saw the Dark Knight and found out that The Joker was just some actor hired to scare everyone and be a diversion I would have been pretty pissed.
    Old 03-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #236
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

yea although for what it's worth, if Kevin Feige hasn't shown the majority of the comics fandom the reason they should trust him by now, I don't know what else he can do. He's playing the funnest long con of all time, and if you see the "All Hail The King" short, they VERY heavily imply that there is a real Mandarin guy out there that we'll see eventually.

and yea from what I've seen from some RDJ interviews in the past, it does sound like he's maybe been the biggest bad guy for Iron Man, because certain people had wanted to see him from the beginning.

Last edited by junior94; 03-05-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    Old 03-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #237
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    yea although for what it's worth, if Kevin Feige hasn't shown the majority of the comics fandom the reason they should trust him by now, I don't know what else he can do. He's playing the funnest long con of all time, and if you see the "All Hail The King" short, they VERY heavily imply that there is a real Mandarin guy out there that we'll see eventually.

and yea from what I've seen from some RDJ interviews in the past, it does sound like he's maybe been the biggest bad guy for Iron Man, because certain people had wanted to see him from the beginning.
    That was my favorite One Shot. I am really very interested to see if that actually goes somewhere, or if it was just a way to please the fans somehow.With no more iron Man movies on the schedule I'm just not sure where The Mandarin will fit into the future with Age of Ultron up ahead, Civil War and the Infinity Wars. Those are really the only movies I think Iron Man is supposed to be in at this point (not including the rumor he may appear in the new Spider-Man).
    Old 03-05-2015, 12:11 PM   #238
    Mr. A-B

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I would consider it if I wasn't already doing one Marvel movie a week. I also feel like I would get burnt out before Ultron and not enjoy it as much.

My Instagram My Almanac
    Old 03-05-2015, 02:30 PM   #239
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I would consider it if I wasn't already doing one Marvel movie a week. I also feel like I would get burnt out before Ultron and not enjoy it as much.
    That's a very, very good point. I can only watch so many movies before I need a tv show. And I can only handle so much Marvel before I need someone not wearing tights and a cape.
    Old 03-10-2015, 10:51 AM   #240
    Mr. A-B

My Tour Central Stats

Staying true to my marathon watched Iron Man 2 last night. I have to say, I don't think I had seen this movie since the theaters and I really enjoyed this movie. It does suffer from it just feeling like a set up movie for Avengers instead of a standalone film, but it was very entertaining. Love the entrance of Black Widow, and I have to say the movie made a lot more sense now that we are 7-8 years into the MCU movies.

My Instagram My Almanac