Vabeach Recap - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
Foreverford05
Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Vabeach Recap

Pretty cool set, definitely got my dance on.

YMDT: It can catch all the hate it wants, but I personally love the song. I think its a great opener

DDTW: Standard, definitely grooved.

Seven: I don't really like it, but it is VERY evident that Dave loves to play this song. Its groovy, but I could use something else.

If Only: One of my fav's on aftw. Definitely a slow groovin' tune.

Satellite: LOVE it without PM. Definitely a lawn pleaser, everyone was feeling it at this point.

BBN: I dig it for a short tune, the lawn was goin' hard to it. Could use a little break imo, but I didn't mind it.

LB: Ugh, definitely not a fan. End jam was great, but could do without for the rest of my life.

TMTT: Nice to finally hear it, I think Dave does a good job with it. Its a good one and done for me.

KKJ: Got it in Camden 10'. Nice to see it come back, the crew I was with was dancing hard

Rooftop: Love it, and I think the band does too. Much better song than 7 and the crowd seems to like it more as well.

Lover Lay Down: I've been chasing this song since my following of the band. It was beautiful, Jeff did great on it. It was definitely a special moment for me as it's my and lady's song. Was really surprised to get it and was the highlight of the night for me

Reaper: I like reaper, but at this point I could use some more Dave songs

Gaucho: Dammit if I don't love the music to this song so much, but THE FUCKING LYRICS. ugh, glad I got it but its borderline unbearable.

Grey St: Saw the 12 string and figured it was this. Always love it, definitely a solid crowd pleaser.

DAD: Good to see it, was a little slow coming off of Grey St so I thought the placement could be better, but all in all a good tune to hear

Jimi Thing: It started at 10:01pm and they didn't start another song until 10:21pm. Like, I get the song and its good and everyone loves it but dammit if it isn't too fucking long. I peed and got a water.

pnp->rap: Always a good closer, the lawn was REALLY feeling this one, it was just a goo atmosphere all around with dancing and people seeming to get into it. Like it as a set closer.

ENCORE

Space Between: Love it E1, great tune to start the encore. Crowd loved it as well.

Granny: I could take Granny at every show, such an awesome surprise, I thought it would have come earlier

SMLAM: I fucking hate this stupid ass song. It closed Camden n1 for me and now VaBeach. Seriously, if I hadn't enjoyed myself as much as I did for the whole show, I would have left pissed. I know its a little superficial of me, but FUCK do I hate this song

All in all I had a blast, the folks I met in the lots were great, the lawn crowd was great, I liked most of the songs. Hopefully Bristow is as much fun!!!
Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Vabeach Recap

Fuck you, YMDT opener and SMLAM closer. Those two left a really bad taste in my mouth.

The cover songs they did a good job with. The AFTW songs, minus BBN, kind of sounded like a mess still.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote