Do you smoke weed? - Page 11 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
View Poll Results: Do you smoke weed?
Yes 147 49.00%
No 153 51.00%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2017, 06:18 AM   #301
M. Steng
Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Do you smoke weed?

Tid, this episode sounds like something that would happen to me and my wife. God bless her heart but my wife is very fragile at times. She passed out from being out in the sun too long on multiple occasions. I wouldn't even risk getting her to try weed (has never smoked) for fear of some shit like this happening to her

Glad to hear everything is okay with the new Mrs. Tids. Sounds scary.

As to the thread question, no, I don't. I have smoked pot in the past but don't consider myself a smoker by any means. Last time I smoked was on my bachelor party at 4 a.m. outside the Borgata hammered drunk so I'm not even sure I could count that. Before then I think it was at my cousin's 30th birthday party which was like 2013. I get a hankering for it every now and then just as an alternative to slugging a few beers back but I have literally no idea how I could ever get my hands on it.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-28-2017, 07:21 AM   #302
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Tid, this episode sounds like something that would happen to me and my wife. God bless her heart but my wife is very fragile at times. She passed out from being out in the sun too long on multiple occasions. I wouldn't even risk getting her to try weed (has never smoked) for fear of some shit like this happening to her

Glad to hear everything is okay with the new Mrs. Tids. Sounds scary.

As to the thread question, no, I don't. I have smoked pot in the past but don't consider myself a smoker by any means. Last time I smoked was on my bachelor party at 4 a.m. outside the Borgata hammered drunk so I'm not even sure I could count that. Before then I think it was at my cousin's 30th birthday party which was like 2013. I get a hankering for it every now and then just as an alternative to slugging a few beers back but I have literally no idea how I could ever get my hands on it.
    I mean, odds are if you ask like 3 of your friends they would know someone or know someone who knows someone

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2017, 04:19 PM   #303
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    I mean, odds are if you ask like 3 of your friends they would know someone or know someone who knows someone
    this i was in North Carolina of all places for a wedding a few weeks back and scored weed after talking 2 people at a bar...the first hour i was in town. not sure why people think this stuff is hard to find these days
    Useliteski is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2017, 04:26 PM   #304
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

I mean I'm not doubting it's not hard to find but my desire to ever smoke is far outweighed by the effort necessary to obtain it.

Plus being in the law/legal profession it's also a risk I'm not really willing to take. Last thing I need in my life now is getting arrested trying to buy drugs. I'd rather just not take the risk. If someone I know has it I would be more willing to partake but actually obtaining it myself simply isn't worth the effort.
    Old 06-28-2017, 04:53 PM   #305
    FromTheMorning

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I got pot off Craigslist when I first moved to Australia because I didn't really want to start friendships by asking people for weed Worked out totally fine actually but I was definitely a bit scetched out
    FromTheMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2017, 07:43 PM   #306
    Drwbllz
    City Line

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FromTheMorning View Post
    I got pot off Craigslist when I first moved to Australia because I didn't really want to start friendships by asking people for weed Worked out totally fine actually but I was definitely a bit scetched out
    THAT would sketch me out as well. I go through about 1-1.5 oz a month, but I haven't bought cannabis for almost 4 years now. Grow your own, ftw.
    Old 06-28-2017, 07:53 PM   #307
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    I mean I'm not doubting it's not hard to find but my desire to ever smoke is far outweighed by the effort necessary to obtain it.

Plus being in the law/legal profession it's also a risk I'm not really willing to take. Last thing I need in my life now is getting arrested trying to buy drugs. I'd rather just not take the risk. If someone I know has it I would be more willing to partake but actually obtaining it myself simply isn't worth the effort.
    this is legit not worth jeopardizing your career for.
    Old 06-28-2017, 08:10 PM   #308
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard

My Tour Central Stats

when i was working as an equipment manager back in MA, i was sure as shit i was going to be tested one night when i accidentally blurted out that i just got stoned in front of the owner of the company at an after work party. my commute was nasty during that time, so instead of drinking, i went out to my car and took 2 hits from a bowl that i brought that day in my car to work. coworker says, "where'd you go?", and right as i said "out to smoke a bowl", the dude comes walking around the corner into the studio. no one ever said anything about it (and i kept the weed home from that moment on)...but yeah, worst party ever...

anyone else have any close calls like this?
    Old 06-29-2017, 06:43 AM   #309
    HeyBrother

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
    when i was working as an equipment manager back in MA, i was sure as shit i was going to be tested one night when i accidentally blurted out that i just got stoned in front of the owner of the company at an after work party. my commute was nasty during that time, so instead of drinking, i went out to my car and took 2 hits from a bowl that i brought that day in my car to work. coworker says, "where'd you go?", and right as i said "out to smoke a bowl", the dude comes walking around the corner into the studio. no one ever said anything about it (and i kept the weed home from that moment on)...but yeah, worst party ever...

anyone else have any close calls like this?
    Haha not quite, and this didn't happen to me, but in high school my friend and some others went into the woods to somewhat popular hiking/running trails to smoke a blunt after school, and immediately after leaving the spot where they had just smoked a blunt, they walked right past my friend's track coach on the trail haha. He said it stunk to high heaven and the next day, the track coaches were joking around with him, i don't remember what they said exactly. He was a senior at this point and I think pretty late in the school year, otherwise they might have gotten him in trouble.
    HeyBrother is offline   Reply With Quote