Do you smoke weed? - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
View Poll Results: Do you smoke weed?
Yes 147 49.00%
No 153 51.00%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #91
SoRight24
Finally

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Do you smoke weed?

Who the fuck was I kidding?

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #92
    jamband1

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I did for years, now its been about a year since..
    jamband1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #93
    berman1125

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoRight24 View Post
    Who the fuck was I kidding?

glad to see you back in the game
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
    berman1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #94
    ovationman240
    TrampledUnderFoot

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 41 Step View Post
    Nah man, I don't smoke weed...I smoke clowns like you on the b-ball court.
    One of my favorite commercials ever.

But yeah, I dabble in the world of marijuana. All my friends smoke all day so i'll occasionally light up with them. It's just not my thing though. I just get tired and lazy, it's just not the much fun.
    ovationman240 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #95
    SoRight24
    Finally

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by berman1125 View Post
    glad to see you back in the game
    Old 05-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #96
    treytreyw222
    Come As Your Kids

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

smoke weed everyday
    will fucking smoke you
    treytreyw222 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #97
    OlivePoet
    Olive Gracie! <3

Shows Seen: 88

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoRight24 View Post
    Truth.

And when I said I had quit about 3 weeks ago, scratch that, I just smoked a bowl.

It was a nice run.
    I thought he was a good looking guy
    OlivePoet is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #98
    matt2053

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

It's all fun and games until you wake up one day and you're 31 and you work at Jimmy John's.
    matt2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #99
    lotas
    would u not like 2 be?

Shows Seen: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GinaNMU View Post
    It absolutely is. Yet everyone "loves to get wasted!" and there's nothing wrong w/ that? I think drinking/alcoholism is actually a lot worse...
    there's no comparison.

Alcohol is one of the most destructive, addictive substances there is, yet it's the most widely used, and legal?

Cannabis has about the same potential for addiction as caffeine, it's physically impossible to overdose, there are no definitive studies linking smoking weed to lung cancer without the presence of tobacco, and it comes from a godly plant that has a myriad of uses/benefits. Medicinally, economically, agriculturally, etc.

The government wants to keep people safe, right? By keeping "dope" off the streets and raiding grow houses, and spending 4/5 of their federal budget on marijuana, with the other 1/5 going to cocaine, meth, heroin, speed combined. Where's the logic there? Oh that's right, there is none, because it's all about money, it has nothing to do with actual logic or health concerns.

Yes I smoke weed, and I'm proud of it. I smoke every night when I get home from work, because I can. I couldn't drink every night, I couldn't snort coke, I couldn't pop pills, without repercussions, without having it take something from me in return. PFWYG. But I can smoke the ganja, because it's not a taker, it's a giver. There's no hangover, you don't get withdrawals, you don't crash, yet meanwhile it enhances your senses, puts you in a great state of mind, relaxes your body, relaxes your mind, but doesn't INHIBIT, it doesn't surpress thought, or logic, or self-awareness. It enhances those things, it brings them out, it increases self-awareness. You can't smoke weed to get away from your thoughts, it will birng them to the surface. It's very unique as a drug, and it's characteristics are far more beneficial than destructive.

The world would be a much better place if everyone had joints in their hands, instead of bottles.
    Old 05-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #100
    GinaNMU
    The girl in the shades.

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lotas View Post
    there's no comparison.

Alcohol is one of the most destructive, addictive substances there is, yet it's the most widely used, and legal?

Cannabis has about the same potential for addiction as caffeine, it's physically impossible to overdose, there are no definitive studies linking smoking weed to lung cancer without the presence of tobacco, and it comes from a godly plant that has a myriad of uses/benefits. Medicinally, economically, agriculturally, etc.

The government wants to keep people safe, right? By keeping "dope" off the streets and raiding grow houses, and spending 4/5 of their federal budget on marijuana, with the other 1/5 going to cocaine, meth, heroin, speed combined. Where's the logic there? Oh that's right, there is none, because it's all about money, it has nothing to do with actual logic or health concerns.

Yes I smoke weed, and I'm proud of it. I smoke every night when I get home from work, because I can. I couldn't drink every night, I couldn't snort coke, I couldn't pop pills, without repercussions, without having it take something from me in return. PFWYG. But I can smoke the ganja, because it's not a taker, it's a giver. There's no hangover, you don't get withdrawals, you don't crash, yet meanwhile it enhances your senses, puts you in a great state of mind, relaxes your body, relaxes your mind, but doesn't INHIBIT, it doesn't surpress thought, or logic, or self-awareness. It enhances those things, it brings them out, it increases self-awareness. You can't smoke weed to get away from your thoughts, it will birng them to the surface. It's very unique as a drug, and it's characteristics are far more beneficial than destructive.

The world would be a much better place if everyone had joints in their hands, instead of bottles.
    *slow clap*
    Old 05-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #101
    Pengin4192
    Who?

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I don't smoke, but I have no problem with it or with people that do.
    Why can't people understand that everything you hear and read as "news" is really a big plot by left-wing bleeding hearts to make us Americans feel ashamed of ourselves? Reuters is just a cog in a vast liberal conspiracy media machine.

God made the Earth for humans to use as we see fit. That's in the Bible. And global warming was invented by hippies in the 60s, people.

Pengin4192 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #102
    mysticomimetic

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    there's no comparison.

I agree with everything in this post.
    mysticomimetic is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #103
    ovationman240
    TrampledUnderFoot

Shows Seen: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by matt2053 View Post
    It's all fun and games until you wake up one day and you're 31 and you work at Jimmy John's.
    ovationman240 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #104
    Crush Me DMB

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    there's no comparison.

I agree with you 95%. The only problem with that's statement is that while for some, like you and I, marijuana doesn't really inhibit us, but for many others they don't know how to deal with being high. Same goes for alcohol. Some can drink and function normally, others drink, go crazy, get in fights etc. Its different for anyone. That being said, if alcohol is legal, marijuana HAS to be. Its such a double standard. Alcohol has caused far more damage and trouble in my life compared to weed. Let's hope once all the old fucks move out of congress that others will see the benefits legalization would have for the entire country.
    Crush Me DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 01:21 PM   #105
    MGH4007
    dim5

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Weed is bad for you.....
    Old 05-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #106
    Bartndrpleez
    Generalissimo!

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Yes, and I am one in the category that whole-heartedly believes things would be better if more people did so. I tried it for the first time in high school when I was 16 but it took me awhile to really 'get it.' I occasionally used in college, but now I live with stoner roommates so I do so fairly frequently.

Meanwhile, I work full-time, go to school part-time (just got an A- and a B- in two finance classes), go to the gym 4-5 times a week and am learning the keyboard. So yes, I can manage my life while smoking pretty well. I really have reduced my drinking significantly since I started smoking as well. It just doesn't compare. I enjoy being high 100 times more than being drunk and love the fact I can wake up the next day and not have a massive headache and not swim in a pool of my own vomit. But that's just me.

seriously, check it out. you won't be disappointed.
    Bartndrpleez is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #107
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

Shows Seen: 107

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Never have on a regular basis, but I do maybe a few times a year, depending on the situation. Week long vacation at the OBX or on NYE I will with friends, but that's about it.

God, I love the way weed smells. Reminds me of DMB in the summer....oh, and for the record, if I take a rip from a bong, oh man, it's bedtime for Katie. I have approximately 10 minutes to find a suitable sleeping arragement/situation, or I'm falling asleep where I'm located.

Weirdest feeling ever.
    Calm down, 12.

Last edited by dmbgodagirl41; 05-17-2009 at 02:32 PM.
    dmbgodagirl41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #108
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

The effects of alcohol/cannabis/etc are secondary to the character of person you are.
    Old 05-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #109
    dmbigeyedphish
    feels good man

My Tour Central Stats

I have started to keep a record of the things I write when im high, maybe ill post em up when I get a bunch lolol
    Old 05-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #110
    Bohrman26

Shows Seen: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Never did it a lot, but I definitely used to. I don't anymore. Haven't smoked in 5 months and never will again for the rest of my life. Work has random drug tests and each time is a hair sample test that looks back 90 days so if I want to keep a job I can't do drugs.
    Bohrman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #111
    jmudmbphan
    27 WS + 14 NATL TITLES

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    there's no comparison.

How can you say its all about money? The marijuana black market in California alone is a billion dollar industry. This is money the gov't is missing out on. In fact, they are SPENDING money to prosecute and imprison people for using marijuana. I'm not so sure it's strictly about money.
    because they are clearly better.......? How's that for a reason? They also played IN New York, on a cold windy night. You put Elisha in a no-elements warm climate and he's fucked. No way in high holy fuck is New England going to lose the Super Bowl. It's not going to happen.
    jmudmbphan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #112
    MGH4007
    dim5

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmudmbphan View Post
    How can you say its all about money? The marijuana black market in California alone is a billion dollar industry. This is money the gov't is missing out on. In fact, they are SPENDING money to prosecute and imprison people for using marijuana. I'm not so sure it's strictly about money.
    1) Who's fault is that?

2) This is a whole different ball game, the act of smoking marijuana and the justice system are two different ball parks. Half of the money they spend is prolly tax's paid off by illegal drug money anyways

Last edited by MGH4007; 05-17-2009 at 03:05 PM.
    MGH4007 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #113
    lieinmygrave41
    Sunday comes afterwards

Shows Seen: 30

My Tour Central Stats

No. But I wouldn't mind trying it.
    Old 05-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #114
    WaltzingBack

Shows Seen: 12

My Tour Central Stats

i like very much make smokings on marijuana plants!

*(Borat accent)
    WaltzingBack is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #115
    LowEnd_Theory
    ...the cool-out breed

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Yep. Been smoking since 8th/9th grade. Great stuff.

I know there's a full moon every night. When I dress black it snows white...
    LowEnd_Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #116
    Ballplaya4237

Shows Seen: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbigeyedphish View Post
    I have started to keep a record of the things I write when im high, maybe ill post em up when I get a bunch lolol
    me too, I'm about to buy a tape recorder to record conversations I have when I'm high. Should be pretty interesting
    Old 05-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #117
    LowEnd_Theory
    ...the cool-out breed

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

I miss multiple minute long geek sessions.

Tolerance FTL

I know there's a full moon every night. When I dress black it snows white...
    LowEnd_Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #118
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

Shows Seen: 107

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

When my friend, Jen, smokes, she 1. recites Chapelle Show skits word-for-word, or 2. recites the Martin Lawrence movie "The Blue Streak". Funniest shit ever.
    Calm down, 12.
    dmbgodagirl41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #119
    atrippingbillie
    gardt

Shows Seen: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbigeyedphish View Post
    Unlike alcohol, after I smoke weed I usually dont go home and beat my wife

I usually beat my dick LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    thanks for the sig
    Old 05-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #120
    LazyLizard
    Always a Good Decision

Shows Seen: 3

My Tour Central Stats

I smoked for a brief period when I first went to college. After one smoke session ended with me facing 2 charges, I largely gave it up besides two nights a few weeks later when I was drunk. Haven't touched it since, nor will I unless it's legalized (or I'm in Amsterdam or something). It's a shame it's not legal, I enjoyed using it immensely, but it's not worth risking my future over.