Fantasy Football 2015: Talk, Advice, & Start 'em, Sit 'em - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 06-19-2015, 04:35 AM   #61
Nvetta

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Fantasy Football 2015: Talk, Advice, & Start 'em, Sit 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushMe35 View Post
No, not you. The other guy before you. I appreciate your advice, thank you.

I think I hate the 6pt/TD league because it forces you to have to take a QB at the top. And... I don't know... it just doesn't feel right... but I play in a 12-team, basically default Y! league as well, so I guess the QB heavy league is a nice change of pace.
Even with the 6pt td, I'm not sure you have you go qb early. I'm in a couple leagues with that scoring and I still wait. After 4 rounds I usually end up with 3 wrs and an rb. You don't need Rodgers, Luck or Manning to win a league. You'll be fine with a combo of a few guys. I really like Tannehill this year. Eli Manning will be decent, and Bridgewater could be sneaky good.
Nvetta is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-19-2015, 04:47 AM   #62
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

With that scoring I think you still have to go for the elite QBs Rodgers and Luck if they're on the board.
    Would bump guys like Ryan and Romo up a few rounds also.
    Non-PPR leagues QBs still finish among the top scorers, and with those increased settings, it makes sense to grab one even earlier.
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-19-2015, 05:24 AM   #63
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

on the board where? 1st or 2nd round? I'm not sure either would last past round 2 in a 6pt qb league. I'd rather wait than use that early of a pick at qb.
    Old 06-19-2015, 05:34 AM   #64
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J

My Tour Central Stats

With CrushMe35's league settings, 20 of the top 24 overall point scorers last season were QBs.
    The difference in total points from QB1 and QB8 was 95 points.
    At any time in the 1st and he is on the clock, Luck and Rodgers would absolutely be the targets in my opinion.
    Old 06-19-2015, 06:28 AM   #65
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

So glad my leagues aren't set up for 6 point QB touchdowns. Kind of ruins it in a way.
    kydmb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-19-2015, 08:17 AM   #66
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    With CrushMe35's league settings, 20 of the top 24 overall point scorers last season were QBs.
    The difference in total points from QB1 and QB8 was 95 points.
    At any time in the 1st and he is on the clock, Luck and Rodgers would absolutely be the targets in my opinion.
    I understand your point concerning the difference in points, and it's a very valid point. My opinion is tough to defend with numbers because everyone is different with roster management, but did either of the teams with Luck or Rodgers win the league? In my 6pt qb leagues I don't recall any teams with top qbs winning last year.
    Old 06-19-2015, 08:41 AM   #67
    UNC41
    Gimme Dat

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I have won a pretty competitive 10-team league that scores 6 points for a passing TD the past two years. My quarterbacks last year were Roethlisberger and Romo. The year before I had Roethlisberger and Ryan, and even then Ryan was useless after Julio went down. You don't need to grab a QB in the first round with that scoring.

You white, then you Ben Affleck.
    UNC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-20-2015, 10:09 PM   #68
    CrushMe35

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks for all of the advice and replies.

The numbers just don't lie, but even with 6pt/pass TD I'd rather have the excitement/stability of Peterson or Charles with a top pick, and pair them with a QB, like brees (taken early) or eli (gotten late). than say have Luck and Jeremy Hill or someone like that.

U know?

I can't wait for FFball.. it's the best!
    Old 06-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #69
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

FF has changed when it comes to rb's
    With injuries, the passing game, and two back systems, I'd prefer an elite QB or WR
    Can always get good rb's on waivers
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #70
    keithcoldroses

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Got 4th pick in my snake this year. Feel like it's a weird year with no consensus top pick.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    the riff is garbage. they sound like the transiberian orchestra and dave sounds like he's crying.
    keithcoldroses is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2015, 10:03 AM   #71
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aicdmb View Post
    FF has changed when it comes to rb's
    With injuries, the passing game, and two back systems, I'd prefer an elite QB or WR
    Can always get good rb's on waivers
    I've done 2 draft-only leagues in the past couple weeks, and both started wr-wr-wr. I'm ending up with guys like Alfred Morris, Legarrette Blount, Joique Bell, Joseph Randle and Latavius Murray but I'm ok with that. My top 3 wrs on each team are ODB, Demaryius, Emmanuel Sanders; and Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb and Alshon Jeffrey. The wrs are a bit safer and their roles are pretty known.
    I have high hopes for Adrian Peterson, but I haven't been in a position to grab him yet. Justin Forsett should have an increased role with Trestman in Balt, but he's a journeyman who's had 1 good year and will be turning 30. I have no interest in the DeMarco Murray/Ryan Matthews timeshare. Forte had a lot of value due to catching balls, but that value will decline now. Foster somehow played 13 games last year, I'm not pressing my luck on that happening again. It doesn't seem like Eddie Lacy becomes part of the offense until Oct or Nov. A first round pick for LeVeon Bell missing 3 games is too much. Jamaal Charles is ok for a 1st round back. Lynch I guess too, he hasn't shown he's slipping yet.
    I'd rather grab a bunch of mid-late wound picks and hope I hit a few. Jonathan Stewart should have a nice role. The other guys I drafted above should be fine. Shane Vereen will take some catches away, but Rashad Jennings put up quality numbers last year before he was injured.
    Old 06-22-2015, 12:08 PM   #72
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J

My Tour Central Stats

Standard scoring top 4 overall are p much locked in as far as who but not a specific #1-#4 order.
    Old 06-22-2015, 01:15 PM   #73
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

I don't even consider non-ppr leagues anymore
    Old 06-22-2015, 01:31 PM   #74
    keithcoldroses

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
    Standard scoring top 4 overall are p much locked in as far as who but not a specific #1-#4 order.
    My league is .5 PPR
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    the riff is garbage. they sound like the transiberian orchestra and dave sounds like he's crying.
    keithcoldroses is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2015, 05:59 PM   #75
    dmbredsox36
    'celebrate we will'

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Probably about time I start doing some mocks to see where guys are going. I know some of the top WRs seem safer, but those 3-4th round WRs have done me wonders the last few years.... Maybe this is the year it flips to higher upside RBs. Love when I have to start figuring out strategies!
    dmbredsox36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2015, 06:51 PM   #76
    dmbredsox36
    'celebrate we will'

My Tour Central Stats

Alright so just did a standard ESPN 10 team mock, 3rd pick...very surprised with how some guys are ranked right now - that'll probably change as the summer goes on, but WR seems so deep, that I feel like you have to get at least 1 or 2 solid RBs early. I loaded up on WRs here because of how I drafted, but the RB pickings are slim after just a few rounds. Am I wrong?

QB: P. Manning (5), Palmer (14) - I actually got caught on an auto-pick watching the WC on Manning. Not happy considering QB depth.
    RB: Lynch (1), Randle (7), Freeman (9), D. Johnson (13)
    WR: J. Jones (2), Hilton (3), Cooks (4), Cooper (6), Agholor (8), Fitzgerald (10),
    TE: Ertz (11), Donnell (15)
    Old 06-23-2015, 05:04 AM   #77
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbredsox36 View Post
    Alright so just did a standard ESPN 10 team mock, 3rd pick...very surprised with how some guys are ranked right now - that'll probably change as the summer goes on, but WR seems so deep, that I feel like you have to get at least 1 or 2 solid RBs early. I loaded up on WRs here because of how I drafted, but the RB pickings are slim after just a few rounds. Am I wrong?

QB: P. Manning (5), Palmer (14) - I actually got caught on an auto-pick watching the WC on Manning. Not happy considering QB depth.
    RB: Lynch (1), Randle (7), Freeman (9), D. Johnson (13)
    WR: J. Jones (2), Hilton (3), Cooks (4), Cooper (6), Agholor (8), Fitzgerald (10),
    TE: Ertz (11), Donnell (15)
    Marshawn Lynch 3rd overall? Who were the first 2 picks?
    Old 07-03-2015, 06:05 AM   #78
    salrx95

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

In my #1 league, a 10 team 1/2 pt ppr, I have a 2nd round Foster that I can keep. We keep 3 guys so 30 guys will be off the board. Foster should be a top 10 overall guy on most boards. I am leaning towards keeping him in the 2nd over an 7th round Maclin. I worry about the Chiefs passing attack. I think Maclin would be easy keeper if on Eagles still.

I am definitely keeping a 5th rd Antonio Brown and 8th rd Gronk.

I can also keep Romo as a 7th round pick, too. They may pass more this year with no Demarco.

I also traded my 3rd round pick this coming draft late last year. I was in first but had some key injuries late in season and had to mortgage a top pick to try and keep my place in the standings. So I am concerned if I keep Foster that I will have no 2nd or 3rd rounder. I might also be able to trade Foster for a pick to help offset that 3rd rounder I don't have.

Thoughts?
    salrx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #79
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by salrx95 View Post
    In my #1 league, a 10 team 1/2 pt ppr, I have a 2nd round Foster that I can keep. We keep 3 guys so 30 guys will be off the board. Foster should be a top 10 overall guy on most boards. I am leaning towards keeping him in the 2nd over an 7th round Maclin. I worry about the Chiefs passing attack. I think Maclin would be easy keeper if on Eagles still.

I am definitely keeping a 5th rd Antonio Brown and 8th rd Gronk.

I can also keep Romo as a 7th round pick, too. They may pass more this year with no Demarco.

I also traded my 3rd round pick this coming draft late last year. I was in first but had some key injuries late in season and had to mortgage a top pick to try and keep my place in the standings. So I am concerned if I keep Foster that I will have no 2nd or 3rd rounder. I might also be able to trade Foster for a pick to help offset that 3rd rounder I don't have.

Thoughts?
    Foster in the 2nd, Brown(5th) and Gronk(8th) are the right choices. Don't keep a qb. As far as not having a 2nd or 3rd round pick, don't think of it like that. Foster is your 2nd round pick. If you drop him, you'll end up drafting someone far less valuable in that 2nd round slot.

As far as trading Foster for a 3rd round pick. I'm not sure how it works in your league. But in that scenario for my league, the trade wouldn't make sense for your trade partner. Foster is worth a 2nd round pick meaning you forfeit that 2nd rounder. So if I have him and trade him to someone for a 3rd round pick, the person who receives Foster would forfeit the 2nd round pick for keeping him and then trade the 3rd round pick to acquire him. So essentially Foster would cost a 2nd and 3rd round picks for that person. Not a smart trade at all.

Last edited by Nvetta; 07-03-2015 at 09:58 AM.
    Old 07-03-2015, 10:30 PM   #80
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nvetta View Post
    Marshawn Lynch 3rd overall? Who were the first 2 picks?
    I assume Charles and Peterson
    Cooks in the 4th??
    Didn't want Manning in 5th my ass
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-04-2015, 05:45 AM   #81
    salrx95

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Foster in the 2nd, Brown(5th) and Gronk(8th) are the right choices. Don't keep a qb. As far as not having a 2nd or 3rd round pick, don't think of it like that. Foster is your 2nd round pick. If you drop him, you'll end up drafting someone far less valuable in that 2nd round slot.

As far as trading Foster for a 3rd round pick. I'm not sure how it works in your league. But in that scenario for my league, the trade wouldn't make sense for your trade partner. Foster is worth a 2nd round pick meaning you forfeit that 2nd rounder. So if I have him and trade him to someone for a 3rd round pick, the person who receives Foster would forfeit the 2nd round pick for keeping him and then trade the 3rd round pick to acquire him. So essentially Foster would cost a 2nd and 3rd round picks for that person. Not a smart trade at all.
    No, you read it right. If he kept Foster he loses his 2nd and then whatever pick he traded me. He is always at the bottom of the league. He has the first pick of the 3rd and last of 4th and first of 5th so I was gonna ask for the third and "settle" for the 5th, knowing it's 1 pick later than his fourth. I tried selling that it's really like his 5th and 7th round pick after the 30 keepers.

Regardless, he texted me this am that he isn't going to trade nor should he.

I guess I will keep Foster but I'll be keeping him in 2 leagues and that is a little risky, boom or bust-ish.
    Old 07-05-2015, 06:50 AM   #82
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Check out these Larry Fitzgerald stats from last year.

No one seems to like Larry Fitzgerald these days, but his efficiency can’t be ignored. The veteran caught 98.5 percent of his on-target throws in 2014, which was only slightly better than his 97.6 mark in 2013. In possession of arguably the best hands in football, Fitzgerald has two drops on 236 targets over the past two seasons. A fine case study in the value of quarterback play, 82 percent of balls thrown by Carson Palmer to Fitzgerald last season were on target. Fitzgerald caught them all. When Palmer was out of the lineup, only 51 percent were on target. Fitzgerald caught all but one (97 percent). It’s worth noting that Palmer did overthrow Fitzgerald a lot (18 times to be exact) in 2013, but it’s clear he’s significantly better for Fitzgerald’s prospects than Ryan Lindley or Drew Stanton.
    Old 07-06-2015, 01:05 PM   #83
    s0628711

Shows Seen: 57

My Tour Central Stats

Just learned my draft spot. Picking 5/14, snake style. I'm basically forced to pick RB with my first as my second pick is 23 overall or so.
    s0628711 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #84
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by s0628711 View Post
    Just learned my draft spot. Picking 5/14, snake style. I'm basically forced to pick RB with my first as my second pick is 23 overall or so.
    Not really. Right now Forsett, Hill and Gordon are going around there. Gore is a little lower, but I have a feeling he'll creep up into the 2nd round by late August. Of those I'd prefer Forsett and Gore.
    Old 07-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #85
    s0628711

Shows Seen: 57

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not really. Right now Forsett, Hill and Gordon are going around there. Gore is a little lower, but I have a feeling he'll creep up into the 2nd round by late August. Of those I'd prefer Forsett and Gore.
    I just feel like I'm better off with a Lacy/Demarco/Etc and a wideout on the way back in round 2. I'm all ears if you disagree though. Oh, standard scoring, no PPR for what that's worth. This league is in year 7 with all the same owners so we've never tinkered with scoring rules.
    s0628711 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2015, 04:21 AM   #86
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by s0628711 View Post
    I just feel like I'm better off with a Lacy/Demarco/Etc and a wideout on the way back in round 2. I'm all ears if you disagree though. Oh, standard scoring, no PPR for what that's worth. This league is in year 7 with all the same owners so we've never tinkered with scoring rules.
    I guess standard would change things a little bit. I'm not sure about Demarco, but Lacy would be fine there. I'm not too interested in Demarco unless he slides.
    Old 07-16-2015, 07:24 AM   #87
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Draft question. 12 man ppr. We have pick 11, on the turn in round 4. So we won't pick again until late round 5.

We have Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Lamar Miller.

Best options are Jordan Matthews, Andre Johnson and Julian Edelman at wr. Jonathan Stewart and Mark Ingram at rb.
    Where do we go?
    Old 07-16-2015, 07:50 AM   #88
    dmbredsox36
    'celebrate we will'

My Tour Central Stats

You're very solid at WR - and both Stewart and Ingram should have solid seasons - if not amazing, at least steady. Just have to decide if it's easier to find WR or RB fliers in the middle/late rounds.
    Old 07-16-2015, 07:52 AM   #89
    salrx95

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Draft question. 12 man ppr. We have pick 11, on the turn in round 4. So we won't pick again until late round 5.

We have Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Lamar Miller.

Best options are Jordan Matthews, Andre Johnson and Julian Edelman at wr. Jonathan Stewart and Mark Ingram at rb.
    Where do we go?
    Tough one. I'd be real uncomfortable having Lamar Miller at my clear #1 and have a drop off that far to another RB.

I think I lean Ingram. AJ might have a huge year but gets nicked up time to time. Stewart is more injury prone. I'm debating on him a league to about keeping.

Edelman is always ppr gold but not a lot of TDs and maybe no Brady for 4 games, though likely less. I think LaFell is more involved this year.

With no Graham in Red Zone, I could see Ingram getting a some extra TDs this year and Saints maybe even running a little more than usual. Ingram has health issues before, too but I think I'd pick him.
    Old 07-16-2015, 08:28 AM   #90
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

I left some important details out. This is a draft only league. So it's optimizes scoring every week. It's 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 flex