Bangor - Hardly know her... - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
macleodad
** LVP **

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Thumbs up Bangor - Hardly know her...

Anyone out there at the show last night in Bangor?

The venue was good, but I like a little more of an amphitheater setting... it was a bit flat.

The band sounded great, and all seemed like they were into it. Dave said he was "Sorry it took so long to get back (to Maine)" and "Y'all live in a beautiful place" and "I forgot my tent" along with making a ton of jokes about the porta-potties lining the venue. That the gray ones are the ones that are full, that they show up blue. He seemed to be having a great time and had some serious bed-head when they first took the stage.

The only real gripe I had was that in the Pit, there were so many people not following basic rules of etiquette... the people around us were great, but there were people who were being total jackasses and just trying to move up, move up, move up. It got pretty annoying at a few points.

Overall, good show... closest I have been in a LONG time (1/25/95). The two sets were great and it was cool to hear some tunes that really sounded great "acoustic". They actually sounded more like they originally did...

What are your thoughts?

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
    krisjay

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Bangor - Hardly know her...

Saw a couple tapers, hope the show pops up at some point, the band really sounded great. I even enjoyed Cornbread and Jimmi thing, thought they were great. Thought Blue Water was happening, but alas, just a tease. Dave was very talkative from the get go, of course being my first show I was ga ga over everything, but I think the Oh opener was something no one called, I really had a great time.

Last edited by krisjay; 06-07-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    krisjay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2014, 06:14 AM   #3
    Bransue

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I have heard a lot of complaints about the sound, but where I was I could here great and they sounded awesome. The venue however is not so great. The area needs more of a gradient, it is mainly flat and with the 6 foot tall girls in front of us it was impossible to see. Also crowd management was an issue. People were in sections they did not have tickets for and it made it very uncomfortable. I was in the seated section and got in an altercation because the people beside us didn't understand the idea of personal space. They let people tail gate in the parking areas all day so by show time you had a lot of drunk and stoned a-holes all over the place. This was my 3rd DMB concert and the worst experience. The set list was awesome, but even though this was in my hometown I will drive to MA or CT to see them again if they were to come back.
    Bransue is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #4
    iamsjj

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I used to be an avid user of this site some years ago. I've since forgotten all that info and have begun to track my shows again (no where near done), download some shows, etc... Anyway... Given that I would consider Mansfield my home venue, Bangor was a relief of sorts - generally people were more easy-going, friendly, etc., although there were plenty of annoying fans near me. Driving 4 hours to get there, rather than having a 2-night Mansfield stand, wasn't too bad. I will agree the flat surface was a bit sad, but the place itself was kind of charming. I thought it sounded great from where I sat (not too far behind the pit, right in the middle)... I am hoping that the show pops up soon as well, as I really enjoyed the set list and their performance (even that 1/2 of a Recently)... Spread the word if you see the show up here!
    iamsjj is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
    LEFTYSKILLS41

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Great Thread title!
    LEFTYSKILLS41 is offline   Reply With Quote