Man Of Steel 2/Superman vs Batman (2015) - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
chadizzy1
Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Man Of Steel 2/Superman vs Batman (2015)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_Steel_(film)#Sequel

"On June 10, 2013, it was announced that director Zack Snyder and screenwriter David S. Goyer would both be returning for a Man of Steel sequel which is being fast tracked by Warner Bros. Goyer had previously signed a three-film deal, which included Man of Steel, its sequel, and a Justice League film featuring Superman. Christopher Nolan is also expected to return as producer, albeit in a lesser role than he had in this film.[135] On June 16, 2013, The Wall Street Journal reported that the studio is possibly planning to release the sequel in 2014.[136] On July 20, 2013, Zack Snyder confirmed at San Diego Comic-Con International that the sequel to Man of Steel in 2015 will have Superman and Batman meeting for the first time in a cinematic format. Goyer and Snyder will co-write the story, and Goyer will write the script. Nolan and Emma Thomas will serve as executive producers. Cavill, Adams, Lane and Fishburne are confirmed to reprise their roles, while a new actor will be chosen to play Batman.[137][138] According to Snyder, the film will take inspiration from the comic The Dark Knight Returns.[139] Goyer stated at the Superman 75th Anniversary Panel at Comic-Con, that Superman and Batman would face off, and titles under consideration are Superman vs Batman or Batman vs Superman.[140] Production of the film will start filming in Toronto, Ontario instead of Vancouver in 2014.[141]"

Newest rumor:
http://latino-review.com/2013/08/rum...man-vs-batman/

Walter White as Lex Luthor. Yeah, I'm in.
chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Man Of Steel 2/Superman vs Batman (2015)

nah I wouldn't want that, at least right now. I mean Mark Strong, he's already been bald for multiple parts in his career, I'm pretty sure. But the cue ball is so inexorably tied to Bryan Cranston for Walter White at this point (okay even if you shave the goatee). Obviously he's a great actor and could pull off virtually any part, but I think it'd just look kinda weird seeing Cranston bald within the next couple years as someone NOT Walter.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Latino Review?! What in the hell?!
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    May sound funny, but they've been surprisingly ahead and accurate as far as breaking movie and TV news.
    Old 08-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
    javierm27

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    We're taking over, get used to it.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Really looking forward to this movie.
    Old 08-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    May sound funny, but they've been surprisingly ahead and accurate as far as breaking movie and TV news.
    though they were ALSO the ones who got the story waaaaaaay wrong that Marvel was setting up things to do a "Planet Hulk" movie for his solo flick all leading up to Hulk actually being the main threat of Avengers 3, that they had to boot him for the safety of the planet. Which, if anyone seriously sat down and thought about that for 5 minutes, they'd of realized in this whole run of what Marvel is doing, a Planet Hulk movie would NEVER happen, because he's pretty much as Hulk the entire time, you never see Bruce Banner. They wouldn't leave Mark Rufallo on the sidelines for virtually a whole movie at this point.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
    DMBluedevils

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

This should be interesting. I wonder if they will work together, fight each other, or just briefly meet.
    DMBluedevils is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

I'm hoping it sticks close to the Frank Miller version they quoted from at Comic Con. The comic as well as the animated version was nothing short of perfect.
    Old 08-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #10
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

yea but like I said over in the first movie's thread, I can't imagine they're going to use it for too much more other than just inspiration and flavor, etc, not straight up story, because I just watched both parts within the last couple days, and the balance is probably like at least 70/30 Batman/Superman...

In fact the more I think about it, it plays like... if you were to compare it to Man Of Steel, consider how much time that Jor-El was in that. That is about how much Supes is in TDKReturns (maybe even less)

Last edited by junior94; 08-08-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Old 08-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Walter as Lex. That's interesting. I always think of Lex Luther as a lot younger than that. He'd kill the role regardless. Dude could portray a snowman and it be oscar-material
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #12
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

Shows Seen: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Never heard of Walter White. They should get Hal Wilkerson. He would do a good job. Or may Hammond Druthers

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...stcount=126148
    JRS1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #13
    DMBzilla
    tour.

Shows Seen: 193

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

I caught a few minutes of I Am Legend the other day, and noticed this:

http://regmedia.co.uk/2008/01/08/legend_poster.jpg

Pretty cool.
    DMBzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #14
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm hoping it sticks close to the Frank Miller version they quoted from at Comic Con. The comic as well as the animated version was nothing short of perfect.
    I don't hope it stays close to that story, at least for Superman. Although I think it's a good start it shouldn't stay close to that material. As much as I love that story, I really think that Miller's portrayal of Superman in that story is completely off base. And with the way the Man of Steel portrays the character its a complete 180 from TDKR. I can see both Lex Corp and Wayne Enterprises battling a little in this movie and also going after Superman.

Last edited by javierm27; 08-08-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    Old 08-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #15
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBzilla View Post

Pretty cool.
    I Am Legend came out in 2007 but was able to predict a movie coming in 2015 and announced in 2013. That's nuts
    Old 08-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #16
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Very nervous about the DC plan that has been placed before us. I hope they pull it off. I've said it before, I'd really like to see one more solo Superman movie with a quick Bruce Wayne cameo before doing a full fledge Batman vs. Superman. But I suppose it's a good idea for DC not to completely copy the Marvel formula. However, I do think DC is just trying to pump these things out to ride the success of the Marvel movies. So I truly believe these movies will be nowhere near the success of Marvel. Marvel had nothing to lose, so they took their time and put a lot of thought and detail into the way they presented the characters. Essentially they were presenting a lot of characters that no one had ever even heard of, or at least knew very little about. DC on the other hand is trying to put together a movie together (Justice League) that has been ditched multiple times and are working with more well known characters.

Be interesting to see how this all pans out. I am very excited to finally see a Flash movie heading our way. For those ofyou that want a good laugh, go and check out the 90's TV series (only 1 season) of The Flash.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCzv5EdpwMY
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #17
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH5 View Post
    Very nervous about the DC plan that has been placed before us. I hope they pull it off. I've said it before, I'd really like to see one more solo Superman movie with a quick Bruce Wayne cameo before doing a full fledge Batman vs. Superman. But I suppose it's a good idea for DC not to completely copy the Marvel formula. However, I do think DC is just trying to pump these things out to ride the success of the Marvel movies. So I truly believe these movies will be nowhere near the success of Marvel. Marvel had nothing to lose, so they took their time and put a lot of thought and detail into the way they presented the characters. Essentially they were presenting a lot of characters that no one had ever even heard of, or at least knew very little about. DC on the other hand is trying to put together a movie together (Justice League) that has been ditched multiple times and are working with more well known characters.

Be interesting to see how this all pans out. I am very excited to finally see a Flash movie heading our way. For those ofyou that want a good laugh, go and check out the 90's TV series (only 1 season) of The Flash.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCzv5EdpwMY
    Marvel's plan was needed due to people not being too familiar with their characters. DC is doing the right thing and not following that strategy, whether it will be a success we will have to wait and see. But by bringing in Batman into the next film they are able to capture 2 fan bases in one movie and can go off of that film for their next one. Flash will be nice to finally see, one of my favorite characters in the DC universe.
    Old 08-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #18
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by javierm27 View Post
    Marvel's plan was needed due to people not being too familiar with their characters. DC is doing the right thing and not following that strategy, whether it will be a success we will have to wait and see. But by bringing in Batman into the next film they are able to capture 2 fan bases in one movie and can go off of that film for their next one. Flash will be nice to finally see, one of my favorite characters in the DC universe.
    Just too early to introduce him into a reboot series. They JUST introduced a completely new Superman and they aren't even going to take a little time to develop the character? One of the biggest things people disliked about Man of Steel was that after about an hour of character development the movie just takes a complete turn and leaves all that behind for another hour of just action and no story.

Sure people know Superman and Batman, but just because people have heard of Wonder Woman and The Flash or Green Lantern doesn't mean people know anything about them. To be honest I really don't even know much about them. Everything I know about Green Lantern I learned from the movie. Everything I know about The Flash I learned from the TV show in 1990. These characters deserve good stories not just 2 1/2 hours of buildings blowing up. That's why The Dark Knight Trilogy did so well. They developed the character of Bruce Wayne and made him so interesting. The movies were really about him not Batman.
    Old 08-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #19
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This movie will cross the 2 billion$ mark. It could be Batman and Supes sitting at home watching Family Guy for two hours, the fact alone that it's two of the biggest names in superheroes in a movie is going to put butts in seats.

Now, if they deliver a solid story, it's going to be something magnificent.
    Old 08-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #20
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBzilla View Post

Pretty cool.
    Apparently it was also hinted at in an episode of Fringe:
    http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...-vs-batman.jpg

As well as in Dark Knight and Man Of Steel:

http://collider.com/superman-batman-movie-easter-eggs/
    Old 08-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #21
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH5 View Post
    Just too early to introduce him into a reboot series. They JUST introduced a completely new Superman and they aren't even going to take a little time to develop the character? One of the biggest things people disliked about Man of Steel was that after about an hour of character development the movie just takes a complete turn and leaves all that behind for another hour of just action and no story.

Sure people know Superman and Batman, but just because people have heard of Wonder Woman and The Flash or Green Lantern doesn't mean people know anything about them. To be honest I really don't even know much about them. Everything I know about Green Lantern I learned from the movie. Everything I know about The Flash I learned from the TV show in 1990. These characters deserve good stories not just 2 1/2 hours of buildings blowing up. That's why The Dark Knight Trilogy did so well. They developed the character of Bruce Wayne and made him so interesting. The movies were really about him not Batman.
    You state my case and probably DC's case on why it's ok to bring in Batman again. Like you said, the movies were about Bruce Wayne and not so much about Batman. In this next MOS film the other side can be used and not so much the origin again.
    Old 08-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #22
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Apparently it was also hinted at in an episode of Fringe:
    http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...-vs-batman.jpg

As well as in Dark Knight and Man Of Steel:

http://collider.com/superman-batman-movie-easter-eggs/
    No way the "reference" in The Dark Knight Rises poster is the Superman symbol. Nolan, Bale and Goyer have all said that their Batman will not exist in this Justice League world. I had to force myself to think I was seeing a Superman symbol to see t. That is in no way shape or form a Superman logo hahaha.
    Old 08-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #23
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You state my case and probably DC's case on why it's ok to bring in Batman again. Like you said, the movies were about Bruce Wayne and not so much about Batman. In this next MOS film the other side can be used and not so much the origin again.
    I will give DC and WB this, they are probably smart to not do a solo Batman movie before Justice League. I do, however, think there should be one more Superman solo movie, Justice League THEN a Batman/Superman team-up. I think they need to develop Clark Kent a bit more. But as far as Batman goes, there have already been 7 Batman movies (not including Mask of the Phantasm or the original 60's movie) and it would be very difficult to try and pull off a solo Batman film so close to the success of The Dark Knight Trilogy.
    Old 08-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #24
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

chadizzy, just checking... you have to know right that I Am Legend wasn't really "predicting" the Superman/Batman movie, just that since that was a fellow WB property and it took place in the not too distant future, that poster was merely a fun little easter egg that legally speaking, they could toss into the background just for fun?

Old 08-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #25
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I Am Legend came out in 2007 but was able to predict a movie coming in 2015 and announced in 2013. That's nuts
    Not really the case.

Batman vs. Superman almost got made around that time.

They decided to make Batman Begins instead.

The correct choice was made.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #26
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Yay casting rumors: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...an-vs-superman

Cranston would be an amazing choice.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #27
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

All those have to be coincidences especially the Fringe one. I want to think that the I Am Legend one is because so much of that movie is about hope or finding a hero/savior. Makes sense that two of the biggest superheros be somewhere in that mix.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #28
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    chadizzy, just checking... you have to know right that I Am Legend wasn't really "predicting" the Superman/Batman movie, just that since that was a fellow WB property and it took place in the not too distant future, that poster was merely a fun little easter egg that legally speaking, they could toss into the background just for fun?
    Honestly never saw it. I don't like Will Smith in anything that doesn't involve DJ Jazzy Jeff
    Old 08-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #29
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

http://moviepilot.com/stories/108108...fb-stream-post

Uhh, negative
    Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #30
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'd love for Bale to be back, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan would sound like a good alternative. Just no Orlando Bloom

Also, this got me thinking. How could would it be if they ever did a Batman Beyond movie? I swear Clint Eastwood would be fucking awesome as a crusty old Bruce Wayne

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote