Setlist Game/Chat - HERE ONLY - Page 1535 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #46021
socopithy
Resident Trash Panda

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Setlist Game/Chat - HERE ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitt85 View Post
This is my first year doing it. I always lurked in the past as well as another place to setlist watch in case WH wasn't updating. It is fun though and I'm surprised at how well I've done. Sets are easier to predict this tour but it's still a good time following along and hoping to hit spots. Nailing spots and openers/closers is the way to win this year because a lot of people are picking the same group of songs.
Yeah it's always fun to read through the thread as nights progress. Definitely gonna give it a shot when the boys get to Cali.
The point is wash the produce.
socopithy is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-28-2014, 02:20 PM   #46022
    thewitt85

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanrocon View Post
    Yeah it's always fun to read through the thread as nights progress. Definitely gonna give it a shot when the boys get to Cali.
    Glad to have you aboard, bud.
    thewitt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #46023
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Oh now I'm uncomfortable...
    It's really bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNGqXkJ2klA#t=165

Click at your own risk...
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 04:15 PM   #46024
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    It's really bad.

Click at your own risk...

Ok, I clicked. I can't do this anymore.

I swear on my life I just got home from work and watched that on the shitter. Just the way he looked to his left as if to say, "Shit, did anyone hear that?" made me so uncomfortable.

Constipation.
    Old 07-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #46025
    Dannyyankou

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ok, I clicked. I can't do this anymore.

I swear on my life I just got home from work and watched that on the shitter. Just the way he looked to his left as if to say, "Shit, did anyone hear that?" made me so uncomfortable.

Constipation.
    My original post before I edited it actually said "the following link may induce vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation".
    Old 07-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #46026
    dmbfan100

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Shit guys, come on. I really do love SMLAM live.

Now I'm all conflicted. I feel like I've been with a super hot chick for a while and a bunch of buddies just told me she's got the herp...
    Don't let these guys bring you down or change your mind about your opinion of a song. I like the song live as well. They don't like a song because Dave has fun with one line in the song? cmon. Same guys bust their load when Dreaming Tree or #40 gets played; quite funny to me.

Somebody has to stick up for these songs. The elitism on ants and making fun of fans who enjoy smlam, seven, cornbread, save me, etc is a joke. People love these songs live and brings the overall energy of a show up. Nobody thinks you're cool because you say "shake meh" and leave 10 minutes early from a show when its played
    Old 07-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #46027
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Shake meh is so sloppy live. I can understand album version fans, but how can you look and listen to a live shake me and say its solid?
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #46028
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbfan100 View Post
    Don't let these guys bring you down or change your mind about your opinion of a song. I like the song live as well. They don't like a song because Dave has fun with one line in the song? cmon. Same guys bust their load when Dreaming Tree or #40 gets played; quite funny to me.

Somebody has to stick up for these songs. The elitism on ants and making fun of fans who enjoy smlam, seven, cornbread, save me, etc is a joke. People love these songs live and brings the overall energy of a show up. Nobody thinks you're cool because you say "shake meh" and leave 10 minutes early from a show when its played
    Hah I hear ya, it's all good man. Just joking around for the most part. It is super weird that he sings that line that way though.
    Old 07-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #46029
    Utopia
    Minutes and hours

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Because it's an amazing piece, from the lyrics to the music. Can't say the same for #40, other than it's such a rarity. To put Shake Me and Dreaming Tree in the same sentence, unless you're comparing gold to shit, just isn't right.
    Old 07-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #46030
    rickyh24
    GOAT

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Same guys bust their load when Dreaming Tree or #40 gets played; quite funny to me.

Not sure what you are trying to say here but I hope it's not that it's funny people like songs like dreaming tree and at the same time don't like songs like shake me.
    rickyh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #46031
    artiej1120

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

Shake Me early in a set? Eh, ok. Power slot? Get the fuck out of my life.
    artiej1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #46032
    thewitt85

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I'm sure since he and his wife still enjoy the song live, that didn't change just because he found out it's fuck me like a donkey and not fuck me like a monkey. It should, however, make a dude a little weirded out as it did

No-one is saying they don't like Shake Me because of that one line though. It's been an issue well before that line. People have only said that makes it worse.

Not sure why fans shouldn't get excited when Dreaming Tree gets played though . That's a brilliant and beautiful song. Showcases some of Dave's best lyrical work.
    Old 07-29-2014, 03:31 PM   #46033
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm sure since he and his wife still enjoy the song live, that didn't change just because he found out it's fuck me like a donkey and not fuck me like a monkey. It should, however, make a dude a little weirded out as it did

No-one is saying they don't like Shake Me because of that one line though. It's been an issue well before that line. People have only said that makes it worse.

Not sure why fans shouldn't get excited when Dreaming Tree gets played though . That's a brilliant and beautiful song. Showcases some of Dave's best lyrical work.

Yup yup. And we'll still turn to each other at shows when it's played and yell "FUCK ME LIKE A MONKEY BABY!!!" because it's fun as hell.

Dreaming Tree though. Big time Unicorn. *swoon*

Anyone recommend some good live releases of it? Also, I just learned about the Chocolate Rain interpolations. Wow...
    Old 07-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #46034
    hbktonyb
    6 time SetlistGameChamp

Shows Seen: 98

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Why is it funny that the "elitists" on Ants are happy when they play some of the best stuff in their catalog?

And most people who dislike the other songs you mentioned is 1. Because they are not great songs and 2. Because they are rammed down our fucking throat every other show for years. Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend.

GORGE 08
    hbktonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #46035
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I don't like Shake Me bc it sounds awful live...the album version is awesome...I like Dreaming Tree bc that is one amazing composition of music and I could give a fuck less if it doesn't bring energy to a show. The song is tremendous.
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2014, 04:49 PM   #46036
    Dannyyankou

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yup yup. And we'll still turn to each other at shows when it's played and yell "FUCK ME LIKE A MONKEY BABY!!!" because it's fun as hell.

Anyone recommend some good live releases of it? Also, I just learned about the Chocolate Rain interpolations. Wow...
    One of the best versions ever:

Part 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpONTlO6r8w
    Part 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AD0yEzsVQ
    Old 07-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #46037
    douce54

Shows Seen: 108

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

I like Dreaming Tree and SMLAM. ????????? Although I'd probably shit myself if I heard DT and if I don't get SMLAM again for a couple years, I'd be fine w/that.

I have my list of songs I don't like (most of ED & SU)
    People shouldn't get offended by criticism of songs they like.
    If you say you like Cornbread and someone says it sucks, fine.
    If you say you like Cornbread and someone says YOU suck, they're an asshole.

Last edited by douce54; 07-29-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    douce54 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2014, 05:19 AM   #46038
    richvisser23

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by douce54 View Post
    If you say you like Cornbread and someone says it sucks, fine.
    If you say you like Cornbread and someone says YOU suck, they're an asshole.
    richvisser23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #46039
    ukcanes

Shows Seen: 94

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
    Because it's an amazing piece, from the lyrics to the music. Can't say the same for #40, other than it's such a rarity. To put Shake Me and Dreaming Tree in the same sentence, unless you're comparing gold to shit, just isn't right.
    This brought the chuckles
    ukcanes is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #46040
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

You seem to still have a positive vibe about this band. I would advise you turn off your computer and slowly back away.
    Old 07-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #46041
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    You seem to still have a positive vibe about this band. I would advise you turn off your computer and slowly back away.

Hahahahaha, that was good.

I get you're trying to say man but it's not even like that. I've been playing guitar since I was 4, am now 27, and the man drew me to his playing. I'll never forget when I was 7, one day my mom had to have me at work with her all day. Kept me occupied with a CD player and UTTAD.

I literally remember as if it were yesterday when I listened to Best of What's Around for that first time, and little 7 year old me sitting under a desk, thinking I might rather go get my yo-yo she let me buy.

I listened to it though. I was fascinated by what my feet wanted to do. I immediately felt the compulsion to tap my fingers to his quirky notations upon my thigh as if a guitar were there. I didn't know the song, but I just felt that rhythm and hung out with it, got to know it for a moment.

I would hear him carry on about friends, getting through whatever tears at us, holds us down. And what we're going to do about it. We make the best of what's around... That's what we do. It's alright.

He told us, right there. This is what we're supposed to he doing guys. Let's get through shit together, always. And it's always alright in the end. We'll all be there,
    and we're gonna haw a great time.
    Years later that moment grew with me.

So this band has become a glorious synthesis for me. I find all of my deepest passions within me through my guitar. And I can't be with that guitar and not have Dave's passions gently caressing my own as a feather takes the wind. They tumble atop the fretboard loosely deciding who is in charge. It's my own. Those are my fingers. But damn me if I don't know his intimidation is there.

And I do this dance with my wife every day. Our passion would never know the limitless stretches to where love goes otherwise.

When I play and feel this man's music everywhere ; it will never not be there for me. That thing. The connection. That doesn't fade away.

I need to go to sleep.
    Old 07-31-2014, 06:32 AM   #46042
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

My Tour Central Stats

So pals, this is why insomniacs should not stay awake through a dose of Ambien. Let this be a lesson to you all. It just turns you into a retard.

Really wishing we could edit posts after more than 5 minutes...
    Old 07-31-2014, 08:24 AM   #46043
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Not sure why you regret that one. That was a great post.
    Old 07-31-2014, 08:39 AM   #46044
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

My Tour Central Stats

I agree with Matthew, excellent post. I really enjoyed reading it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2014, 08:40 AM   #46045
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Ambien rocks
    Old 07-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #46046
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

My Tour Central Stats

Hahaha, the sentiment was nice, but in sober-hindsight it really got way too poetic. I wrote out everything up to "That's what we do" and then went and did a bunch of stuff, came back all f-ed up on the Ambien and wrote the rest. You can see how it went downhill lol

Much love for the support though. Gonna crawl back in my hole.
    Old 07-31-2014, 11:53 AM   #46047
    thewitt85

My Tour Central Stats

Ambien does kick ass

Minus the complete dependence upon it I've developed, of course.
    Old 07-31-2014, 02:37 PM   #46048
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ambien does kick ass

Minus the complete dependence upon it I've developed, of course.

Yeah I wish I could kick it. I will say though I've written some of my favorite riffs on it.
    Old 08-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #46049
    ukcanes

Shows Seen: 94

My Tour Central Stats

Funny how time slips away...
    ukcanes is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2014, 06:47 PM   #46050
    phoenix444

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Is it just me or do you all like the old school stuff like big whiskey more than away from the world?

I have a feeling this is about 75% of the #dmbfamily.

This makes me want to fucking throw up.

Just to clarify this is from some jackass in #dmbfamily

Last edited by phoenix444; 08-01-2014 at 06:48 PM.
    phoenix444 is offline   Reply With Quote