Dating is miserable - Page 1532 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 08-30-2014, 12:16 AM   #45931
dmbetc
Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 View Post
I hung out with two married chicks tonight at the gorge. They can't figure out why I'm single

Were they married to each other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
Go Kings Go.
dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-30-2014, 08:06 AM   #45932
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 View Post
    I hung out with two married chicks tonight at the gorge. They can't figure out why I'm single
    Use that feeling man. I'm sure they are right dude! I remember in 08 at the gorge this girl was grinding all over me and I told her I couldn't go there...I had more than a few like that over the years.....damn. Still makes me smile though a little today, great memories of shows.

Seeing as it takes two a person should fight the feeling it's all on them if they want to be with someone and it has not happened yet.

Fuckit, you can only control what you can control, and that's you. The rest is up to the universe.

#brossupportingbros

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-31-2014, 01:13 AM   #45933
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

No, they weren't married to each other but they were fantastic company. They were also impressed that once I learned they were married that I continued with innocent fun. It was a lot of fun.
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-31-2014, 07:12 AM   #45934
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    Bitches don't know what they're missing!
    Yeah its the first time I've been stood up where I was actually at the place already so it was extra shitty. Just kind of sat there and drank. Lol
    "Her one drink had Cecelia giggling and talking and she was explaining that animals had souls too. Nobody challenged her opinion. It was possible, we knew. What we weren't sure of was if we had any. - Charles Bukowski
    thechad90000 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-31-2014, 01:50 PM   #45935
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    Were they married to each other?
    Old 08-31-2014, 01:52 PM   #45936
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by katy41 View Post
    Look all I really want is someone to go to DMB shows with and to one day have babies haha
    Have you ever considered browsing the "members" list on this site and just randomly PMing people? I feel like you'd find a match.
    Old 08-31-2014, 07:43 PM   #45937
    katy41

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Ha no
    I have had people pm me tho since that post about babies. Ha
    katy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #45938
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thechad90000 View Post
    Yeah its the first time I've been stood up where I was actually at the place already so it was extra shitty. Just kind of sat there and drank. Lol
    I'm sorry to hear that man. Well catch our breaks some day I hope

Quote:
    Ha no
    I have had people pm me tho since that post about babies. Ha
    For the record, to the ants maybe wondering, I was NOT one of them
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Old 09-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #45939
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Dont lie, CryMin
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #45940
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Is it weird that the girl I've been on two dates with and I pretty much communicate solely via text between dates? I mean, there was constant talking through our first two dates, so it's not like we're short on words or shy about speaking, but I feel like everyone thinks of texting as juvenile. I don't really think it's an issue or anything because I think things are going real well, just maybe that's her preferred way of communicating during that in between time. Maybe it'll change after a few more dates or something.

Also, what's a good date idea that works when short on time? We're planning on meeting Thursday for the first time in three weeks (due to vacations), but she has class until 7:40. Since we both have work the next day, a late night is probably out of the question. We did drinks the first date and then dinner the second and I don't want to become repetitive with my suggestions. A drink or two seems to make a lot of sense, otherwise I can only think of something like mini golf.

Last edited by Rodey; 09-01-2014 at 09:27 PM.
    Rodey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #45941
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rodey View Post
    Is it weird that the girl I've been on two dates with and I pretty much communicate solely via text between dates? I mean, there was constant talking through our first two dates, so it's not like we're short on words or shy about speaking, but I feel like everyone thinks of texting as juvenile. I don't really think it's an issue or anything because I think things are going real well, just maybe that's her preferred way of communicating during that in between time. Maybe it'll change after a few more dates or something.

Also, what's a good date idea that works when short on time? We're planning on meeting Thursday for the first time in three weeks (due to vacations), but she has class until 7:40. Since we both have work the next day, a late night is probably out of the question. We did drinks the first date and then dinner the second and I don't want to become repetitive with my suggestions. A drink or two seems to make a lot of sense, otherwise I can only think of something like mini golf.
    I personally hate text messaging. The beginning of a relationship shouldn't be spent having all sorts of time texting each other. I think breaks in between talking is important. Can't stand that texting is the norm now. But I don't necessarily think it's a bad sign either. Just not my cup of tea.

Just walk around with her somewhere. Doesn't always have to be a plan.
    "Her one drink had Cecelia giggling and talking and she was explaining that animals had souls too. Nobody challenged her opinion. It was possible, we knew. What we weren't sure of was if we had any. - Charles Bukowski
    Old 09-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #45942
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Online dating accounts have all been deleted. Will I be back on them, who the hell knows but for now I've decided that they're terrible ways to meet people. We'll see how this idea pans out.
    Old 09-01-2014, 11:24 PM   #45943
    hmich176
    SarcMark(TM)

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

My girlfriend and I didn't have a phone conversation for nearly 8 months after we started dating. It was either Facebook or texting when we weren't together. I don't think texting is juvenile, and I really question anyone who thinks it is. Big deal - it's communication via text.

Last edited by hmich176; 09-01-2014 at 11:25 PM.
    hmich176 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #45944
    katy41

My Tour Central Stats

I deleted my online dating accounts almost a week ago and its so much better not thinking about dating. Just enjoying my life without worrying about dates. Much happier.
    Old 09-01-2014, 11:37 PM   #45945
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I deleted my online dating accounts almost a week ago and its so much better not thinking about dating. Just enjoying my life without worrying about dates. Much happier.
    Yeah. I don't necessarily worry about dating so much as the times when I am dating are usually fraught with disaster.
    Old 09-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #45946
    katy41

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah I usually don't even get to the actual date. This idiot I was supposed to go out with tonight and have who knows coffee or something. Lol
    He texts me and says hes not interested in me since I work overnights haha what a tool
    Old 09-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #45947
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah I usually don't even get to the actual date. This idiot I was supposed to go out with tonight and have who knows coffee or something. Lol
    He texts me and says hes not interested in me since I work overnights haha what a tool
    Overnights aren't normally conducive to dating anyway unless the other person is also on a similar schedule.
    Old 09-02-2014, 12:51 AM   #45948
    SqueeBaBooSquee
    Cham Peens

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Dating is a fucking joke dude.
    SqueeBaBooSquee is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2014, 01:09 AM   #45949
    katy41

My Tour Central Stats

Not a problem really when you work 3 days a week and never sleep
    Old 09-02-2014, 05:11 AM   #45950
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmich176 View Post
    My girlfriend and I didn't have a phone conversation for nearly 8 months after we started dating. It was either Facebook or texting when we weren't together. I don't think texting is juvenile, and I really question anyone who thinks it is. Big deal - it's communication via text.
    Why did you not talk on the phone for 8 months?

I don't get how people don't talk on the phone at least every once in a while. Why is it that bad/scary with the person you are supposed to be closest with? I think everyone should have a mixture of both in their relationship.
    AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2014, 07:06 AM   #45951
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thechad90000 View Post
    I personally hate text messaging. The beginning of a relationship shouldn't be spent having all sorts of time texting each other. I think breaks in between talking is important. Can't stand that texting is the norm now. But I don't necessarily think it's a bad sign either. Just not my cup of tea.

Just walk around with her somewhere. Doesn't always have to be a plan.

I don't mind it, really.

I'd like to talk to her a bit on the phone, especially over the big gap where we didn't see each other, but we texted a lot so I was content with that.

I've just chalked it up to being a more convenient form of communication for her right now. She's in her last year of law school and working three days a week, so I completely understand how valuable her free time is right now.
    Old 09-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #45952
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmich176 View Post
    Chalk me up as one who doesn't like being on the phone anymore.

Quote:
    Glad to know it's not just women who flake out before a date is supposed to happen.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
    Why did you not talk on the phone for 8 months?

I don't get how people don't talk on the phone at least every once in a while. Why is it that bad/scary with the person you are supposed to be closest with? I think everyone should have a mixture of both in their relationship.
    I only prefer to talk if I have something to actually discuss but I don't like talking on the phone just to talk.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #45953
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Where in Madison do you live? Middleton Sport Bowl has dollar games and dollar shoe rental after 9 PM. Its on University Ave in Middleton right next to the West side co-op.

Card players? I've just gone to a coffee shop or something like that and played cribbage with a girl before.

If she's in law school see if there is anything going on at Memorial Union. The law school is on Bascom. It'll probably be packed though now that school is back in session.

Check out the Isthmus newspaper to see if anything is happening on Thursday night.

The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think and the more anxiously I inquire; the less I seem to know.
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #45954
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Well, it seems the ex-cunt likes to look at my Twitter feed. I'm guessing she clicked it on accident, but she favorited a tweet that would make sense to very few people from a couple of days ago.
    Old 09-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #45955
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    Where in Madison do you live? Middleton Sport Bowl has dollar games and dollar shoe rental after 9 PM. Its on University Ave in Middleton right next to the West side co-op.

Card players? I've just gone to a coffee shop or something like that and played cribbage with a girl before.

If she's in law school see if there is anything going on at Memorial Union. The law school is on Bascom. It'll probably be packed though now that school is back in session.

Check out the Isthmus newspaper to see if anything is happening on Thursday night.

Eh, I'm not really into cards and I doubt she is either.

I like the bowling suggestion, though. Thanks. I think either that or mini golf would suffice.

Definitely going to do the Union, but I've sort of been keeping that one in my back pocket for when we have time for a full day/longer date. Love walking up and down the lake and grabbing a beer on a nice afternoon.
    Old 09-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #45956
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nick@Night View Post
    Well, it seems the ex-cunt likes to look at my Twitter feed. I'm guessing she clicked it on accident, but she favorited a tweet that would make sense to very few people from a couple of days ago.
    What's the next step? I'm thinking it includes stabbing.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #45957
    Alazais
    Troy For Mayor

Shows Seen: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I have a problem...

A few weeks ago I posted about a girl I work with and happen to sleep with and her friend who I am very much into and want to do sexy time tango's with. Well the work girl and I have since ended things and recognize that we are going to be friends going forward... The hot friend and I have been spending a ton of time together. So much so that last night we did the sexy time tango. I'd totally date the friend, she's great and we get along well. The issue is that I have no idea how to bring such information to a very large social circle that may be very upset if they find out.

I think my only play, is to play it cool and keep it low key for a while. Then bring it up to the girl I work with (she has actually quit on Friday while I was on the west coast) and make her okay with it and then bring it up to everyone in the social circle more strategically. We will see.. Tough times ahead.
    Old 09-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #45958
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

My Tour Central Stats

i juggle women like it's a hobby

aka

tough times ahead

*renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Old 09-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #45959
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Question: If these people care about you and have your best interest in mind, why would anyone care? Especially if you and work girl ended things amicably?
    gonz085 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #45960
    Nick@Night
    Big Nick Energy

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    What's the next step? I'm thinking it includes stabbing.
    Hopefully it doesn't escalate that quickly.