**Riverbend 2013** - Page 24 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #691
ERoths711

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Riverbend 2013**

Was the Butterfly tease a true tease? Sometimes Almanac fucks with us on those.

"Y'all look like pasta with red sauce on it!" - DM, 5/26/13
ERoths711 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #692
    SeekUpTheCubs
    DMBallwasher

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ERoths711 View Post
    It was. Some girl had a sign and Dave teased it
    Old 07-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #693
    jguinan101
    redlegs, winning

Shows Seen: 66

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cincy_ View Post
    Great show.. Lots of energy from the band and the crowd. At least around section 800 and the mixing table. No complaints and I liked the set. Only my 3rd show since 1998. I will be back next year..
    thanks for the last minute ticket alex. the seats were great and letting me squeeze my girlfriend in with no hassle was pretty awesome. we saw some pretty hilarious things in the front row of 800. the guy in the middle of the section with no shirt practically jumping over the rail in the front of the section the entire show was hilarious. then toward the end of the show one of his friends shows up and she starts freak dancing on everyone. it was pretty hilarious. not sure how any one has any complaints on this show. sure it wasn't the best set of the tour but so many great songs. really wanted to hear two step close since i got ants and Rapunzel at deer creak but Rapunzel is one of my favorite songs and the crowd always loves ants. only songs i really wanted that we didn't get were oh, drive in drive out, and jtr. the list of songs i really wanted to hear included warehouse and crush so that was pretty awesome start.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomriddle View Post
    I'm always surprised how big a deal pot is
    To me it's like Pop Tarts. You may like it, you may not, but it's still just a fucking Pop Tart
    -joey g
    jguinan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #694
    camptravisr
    Numbered Beats

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tshaw143 View Post
    First time back to Riverbend since '06 & it was great. I've seen better sets, but I was very content with the set list last night. There are several factors that play into a show besides the set list: crowd, people next to you, band energy, weather, etc. I was very pleased with all of those last night. I had a great time and intend on being back next year.

Must get pavilion though, otherwise it's not worth the trip. When did the AstroTurf get put in? Very strange.

Getting out was a complete disaster. I had an Alpine moment trying to get out. Didn't move an inch for over an hour, then completely out in less than 10 mins once we moved.
    The astroturf lawn was definitely worth the trip for me had a great first experience with Riverbend. I've actually been chasing Warehouse (my favorite song) the past 7 shows I've been to, so it was such a relief to hear it as an opener. Met a lot of nice people and loved the energy and all the CLASSICS played! Got my rarities at Deer Creek and my classics at Riverbend this year. Awesome summer, can't wait for next year.
    camptravisr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #695
    tshaw143

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by camptravisr View Post
    The astroturf lawn was definitely worth the trip for me had a great first experience with Riverbend. I've actually been chasing Warehouse (my favorite song) the past 7 shows I've been to, so it was such a relief to hear it as an opener. Met a lot of nice people and loved the energy and all the CLASSICS played! Got my rarities at Deer Creek and my classics at Riverbend this year. Awesome summer, can't wait for next year.
    Just as long as you were part of the 1/3 of the lawn that didn't have an obstructed view, it probably wasn't that bad. I sat lawn there in 2000 for my first DMB show ever, and I told myself that would never happen again. Glad it was a good time tho! I had a very positive experience at Riverbend this year.

http://antsmarching.org/tour/userindex.php

Last edited by tshaw143; 07-13-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    tshaw143 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #696
    TheStone91

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ERoths711 View Post
    Eh, idk...Dave just quietly sung "You are like a butterfly" and that was it. It was only like 5 seconds long, if my memory is right.

Last edited by TheStone91; 07-13-2013 at 12:54 PM.
    TheStone91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #697
    TheStone91

My Tour Central Stats

Just got back home from the show. I thought it was a solid show, nothing more, nothing less. Loved the Warehouse opener and Recently with the the Pretty Pretty Girl/Take Me to the River outros. I really wanted to hear either The Stone or JTR, but no luck.

Also got my first setlist, so that was awesome.
    TheStone91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #698
    BigEyedSteve

Shows Seen: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greppson View Post
    Security at Riverbend is an absolute joke. I've only ever seen one bigger idiot with their head up their butt further once in my entire time taping. The wife and I have already agreed we will never tape or go to Riverbend again.
    Were you in Sec 300? If that was you, I was a couple rows behind you and saw they made you take your stack down. I said it was BS too. That guy must have been clueless.
    BigEyedSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #699
    sean52692

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Love how Dave said "there's no building like this, so I always know where I am!"
    sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #700
    mrpeters

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigEyedSteve View Post
    Were you in Sec 300? If that was you, I was a couple rows behind you and saw they made you take your stack down. I said it was BS too. That guy must have been clueless.
    greppson, drews and i were all on that stand. we were very polite, asked for the right people to clear up the matter, etc. and the guy still refused to call this mythical "general manager" who made this "venue policy" which has never existed in my 10 years of attending Riverbend.

We were in the 2nd damn row near the stacks where NOBODY was going to be looking, not obstructing the stage in any way shape or form. Oh well. Tape still came out OK.
    mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #701
    SeekUpTheCubs
    DMBallwasher

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
    greppson, drews and i were all on that stand. we were very polite, asked for the right people to clear up the matter, etc. and the guy still refused to call this mythical "general manager" who made this "venue policy" which has never existed in my 10 years of attending Riverbend.

We were in the 2nd damn row near the stacks where NOBODY was going to be looking, not obstructing the stage in any way shape or form. Oh well. Tape still came out OK.
    Thanks for doing that guys we appreciate it a lot. It's a bummer security was so brutal
    Old 07-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #702
    justincreekrn

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    Last night was my 28th show, first time at Riverbend, and I was gonna come in here and post how much fun i had with that set and that the vibe from the crowd was amazing...

...but apparently I was wrong. I guess it sucked. Thanks for clarifying that

Warehouse opener, Save Me, WTWE, Reaper, Crush, DDTW, Rooftop, Too Much, Recently, Space, Grey St, Drunken, Ants, Rapunzel, zero repeats from last year, only 2 repeats from 2010...gosh what an attrocity smh
    I support this post
    justincreekrn is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #703
    justincreekrn

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheStone91 View Post
    Eh, idk...Dave just quietly sung "You are like a butterfly" and that was it. It was only like 5 seconds long, if my memory is right.
    That's all I heard
    Old 07-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #704
    wvucarter

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheStone91 View Post
    Just got back home from the show. I thought it was a solid show, nothing more, nothing less. Loved the Warehouse opener and Recently with the the Pretty Pretty Girl/Take Me to the River outros. I really wanted to hear either The Stone or JTR, but no luck.

Also got my first setlist, so that was awesome.
    The Stone is definitely on my list of fav songs wanting to hear live!
    wvucarter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #705
    Cincy_

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jguinan101 View Post
    thanks for the last minute ticket alex. the seats were great and letting me squeeze my girlfriend in with no hassle was pretty awesome. we saw some pretty hilarious things in the front row of 800. the guy in the middle of the section with no shirt practically jumping over the rail in the front of the section the entire show was hilarious. then toward the end of the show one of his friends shows up and she starts freak dancing on everyone. it was pretty hilarious. not sure how any one has any complaints on this show. sure it wasn't the best set of the tour but so many great songs. really wanted to hear two step close since i got ants and Rapunzel at deer creak but Rapunzel is one of my favorite songs and the crowd always loves ants. only songs i really wanted that we didn't get were oh, drive in drive out, and jtr. the list of songs i really wanted to hear included warehouse and crush so that was pretty awesome start.

Glad I could help out.. The lap dance the lady gave to the usher was quite hilarious..
    Cincy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #706
    beatmichigan100

Shows Seen: 41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    Last night was my 28th show, first time at Riverbend, and I was gonna come in here and post how much fun i had with that set and that the vibe from the crowd was amazing...

...but apparently I was wrong. I guess it sucked. Thanks for clarifying that

Warehouse opener, Save Me, WTWE, Reaper, Crush, DDTW, Rooftop, Too Much, Recently, Space, Grey St, Drunken, Ants, Rapunzel, zero repeats from last year, only 2 repeats from 2010...gosh what an attrocity smh

Same. Glad people informed me that I didn't have fun because I was almost certain that I did.

Nice to meet you there for a second!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    This was my 18th show and it was by far the worst concert I have been to. The energy from the band was pretty good but that setlist was a complete nightmare.
    You might as well stop going.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    Love how Dave said "there's no building like this, so I always know where I am!"
    He loves Teh Bendz.
    beatmichigan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2013, 06:19 AM   #707
    GeorgeJr.
    soon i'll fade away

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

had fun at the show
    the pit was pretty good

was next to jorge posada, a good guy
    set list wasn't the best, as it was very similar to blossom, but overall a pretty damn good show

its s shame that riverbend is run by a bunch of bozos
    GeorgeJr. is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #708
    dgengo

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GeorgeJr. View Post
    had fun at the show
    the pit was pretty good

was next to jorge posada, a good guy
    set list wasn't the best, as it was very similar to blossom, but overall a pretty damn good show

its s shame that riverbend is run by a bunch of bozos
    WHATS UP DUDE?? This is "Posada!"
    dgengo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #709
    SeekUpTheCubs
    DMBallwasher

My Tour Central Stats

My computer is busted so I can't grab this tape or alpines. I'm dying
    Old 07-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #710
    GeorgeJr.
    soon i'll fade away

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dgengo View Post
    WHATS UP DUDE?? This is "Posada!"
    you guys were cool
    and the 2 nice ladies in front of me were great too

glad to be around good people in the pit
    Old 07-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #711
    GeorgeJr.
    soon i'll fade away

My Tour Central Stats

anyone know which recording is the best?
    Old 07-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #712
    justincreekrn

My Tour Central Stats

Don't know what tape is best...but the recording on WeeklyDaveSpeak has one TERRIBLE recording of Bayou and Ants. Bayou has an annoying drunk girl screaming all the "oo's" and screaming "It feels so good out here" right before Ants. She proceeds to ruin Ants with her singing. It's worth a listen just for the laugh...but ruins the tape.
    Old 07-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #713
    GeorgeJr.
    soon i'll fade away

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justincreekrn View Post
    Don't know what tape is best...but the recording on WeeklyDaveSpeak has one TERRIBLE recording of Bayou and Ants. Bayou has an annoying drunk girl screaming all the "oo's" and screaming "It feels so good out here" right before Ants. She proceeds to ruin Ants with her singing. It's worth a listen just for the laugh...but ruins the tape.
    it SMELLS so good, i believe is what she yells

that the tape i have
    Old 07-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #714
    justincreekrn

My Tour Central Stats

Smells, feels....whatever. Haha. Still wish she would shut up
    Old 07-26-2013, 05:16 AM   #715
    Dehalo212

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

http://archive.org/details/oar2013-07-12.km140

O.A.R. set. I wasn't able to hear "Road Outside Columbus" with Jeff and Rashawn at the show b/c of the horrible parking situation at Riverbend. But it turned out well.
    Dehalo212 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #716
    russvodder
    Surfing for Aliens

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Our niece lives in Cincinnati now. Do I want to see a show in Riverbend in 2014? I never been anywhere but the Gorge.
    Old 12-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #717
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

My Tour Central Stats

No, Russ. Riverbend is not worth it unless you were already going to be in town during the concert. Parking is a bitch. No tailgating. Weird, large poles in the way.
    AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #718
    russvodder
    Surfing for Aliens

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
    No, Russ. Riverbend is not worth it unless you were already going to be in town during the concert. Parking is a bitch. No tailgating. Weird, large poles in the way.
    I was noticing the red structure supports between pavilion and lawn. WFT?! Niece wants us to go visit and is using DMB as a lure.

edit: wouldn't expect anything like Gorge

Last edited by russvodder; 12-16-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    russvodder is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #719
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by russvodder View Post
    I was noticing the red structure supports between pavilion and lawn. WFT?! Niece wants us to go visit and is using DMB as a lure.

edit: wouldn't expect anything like Gorge
    Why does she live in Cinci?
    Like I said, don't waste your time unless you happen to be in town during.
    AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #720
    russvodder
    Surfing for Aliens

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
    Why does she live in Cinci?
    Like I said, don't waste your time unless you happen to be in town during.
    Masters Scholarship.