***Official Gorge 2013*** - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #61
chadizzy1
Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Gorge 2013***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialblue View Post
1 - Plenty of face lotion, hand lotion, sunscreen, chapstick. It really is dessert like and can dry out your skin and be super uncomfortable.
2- Coffee! By the 2nd or 3rd morning tons of people are there and I got super irritated waiting in line for 30 minutes to get coffee.
3- Water. Lots of water. Again, super dry plus drinking booze and being outside all day every day.
4- Seriously warm blankets and layers. I really did not realize how cold it was going to be at night. And bring a hoodie or something to the show. Even if you're hot on the walk from the campgrounds to the venue, bring it. As soon as the sun goes down you will be chilly. And it's a bit of a hike between the two areas.
5- Be prepared for rain. It didn't rain when I went, but my other friends had it happen to them and it will suck no matter what, but if you aren't ready for it it's utter misery from what I understand.

I'm not the biggest camping fan either. But it's kind of part of the experience and if you are adequately prepared, it can be pretty comfortable. Plus they do have showers if you are in the right camping area. Those were an absolute life saver.
Would that be the premier camping?
chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #62
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Premier has shower trailers that are free for those camping in that section. The line isn't bad as long as you get up at a decent hour. We went about 9 every morning and only waited about 5 minutes before we got into the showers.

general you can hit the showers by the store, but i think you have to pay per use.

Premier > general.
    Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #63
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm weird, I was never a fan of camping. I don't mind cabins, I'd rather have AC, a shower and a toilet than sleep in a tent that's all hot and shit.
    Not weird, a good percentage of folks would agree with you. But as others have said, it's part of the Gorge experience. And more importantly, there aren't hotels within 30 miles, so I'll "deal" with the camping instead of 60 miles of driving each day (drinking/driving/ lots of cops on the road). And again, if you do Terrace/Premier camping you get toilets/showers.
    Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #64
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

I'm going next year, this year is my first visit to Alpine, next year is my first visit to Gorge and my first visit to SPAC. So I'm learning as much as I can to make sure to make it the best trip possible.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #65
    trippinHAYDENs
    Big Eyed Fish

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I already know i most likely won't get to go to any shows near me if they're in June/July. So no SPAC, Camden, Hershey, Scranton or anything in my area because we'll be busy with the Gold Cup this summer. But i think I'm going to be able to use my vacation for the Gorge this year. I just need to find someone who's is willing to go with me. But i'm hoping to get to Gorge for the 1st time this summer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6oC1...eature=channel
    trippinHAYDENs is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #66
    dmbfan62

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

God I cannot wait to do this again! Already eying airfare and flights......
    dmbfan62 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #67
    zartom
    דרישת שלום מישראל

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

how can you guys be all sure that you will have tickets for the Gorge? i'm sending emails around to find out about my options, but keep hearing only bad news (like not being able to purchase 3 nights tickets. the minute i have a ticket for each night, I'm booking the flights' tickets.

Last edited by zartom; 01-09-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    zartom is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #68
    jenzzjetII
    JAYSWFT

Shows Seen: 90

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I keep checking Wildhorse's website every day. They opened up their reservations before the official tour announcement last year and were booked in less than a week.

Gorge FAQ
    jenzzjetII is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #69
    jenzzjetII
    JAYSWFT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zartom View Post
    how can you guys be all sure that you will have tickets for the Gorge? i'm sending emails around to find out about my options, but keep hearing only bad news (like not being able to purchase 3 nights tickets. the minute i have a ticket for each night, I'm booking the flights' tickets.
    My suggestion would be to join the Warehouse. Membership gives you the advantage of a pre-sale for all venues before the public on-sale begins. At the very least you will be guaranteed lawn tickets and a foot in the venue with the ability to upgrade before the shows. You might even get lucky with a pit ticket or good reserved since I am assuming you are requesting only one ticket. If you end up with all lawn keep your eyes on the ticket exchange forum here on Ants and on the Warehouse message board, with a little patience you can always find an upgrade. The Warehouse also offers instant tickets that are released closer to the shows and many times includes pit/reserved tickets.

Gorge FAQ
    Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #70
    zartom
    דרישת שלום מישראל

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jenzzjetII View Post
    My suggestion would be to join the Warehouse. Membership gives you the advantage of a pre-sale for all venues before the public on-sale begins. At the very least you will be guaranteed lawn tickets and a foot in the venue with the ability to upgrade before the shows. You might even get lucky with a pit ticket or good reserved since I am assuming you are requesting only one ticket. If you end up with all lawn keep your eyes on the ticket exchange forum here on Ants and on the Warehouse message board, with a little patience you can always find an upgrade. The Warehouse also offers instant tickets that are released closer to the shows and many times includes pit/reserved tickets.
    excellent info! i'll check the Wildhorse site. about the tickets, i'm renewing my warehouse membership next month for a second year. i don't get anything from it because i live in Israel and cannot attend any show, anytime, or use any sale or discount. i want all 3 nights, cause i'm flying 16+ hours, with 3 flights, just for the gorge. the most ideal would be 1-2 lawn tickets and 1-2 pit tickets (out of 3 nights). thing is i CANNOT wait for last minute, last week, last month even, because i really have to book the plane tickets. so i'm a bit in a bad situation now...

Last edited by zartom; 01-09-2013 at 06:58 AM.
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #71
    zartom
    דרישת שלום מישראל

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I keep checking Wildhorse's website every day. They opened up their reservations before the official tour announcement last year and were booked in less than a week.
    Reservation for Camping, or tickets for the show? i'll be just a guy with a tent...
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #72
    jenzzjetII
    JAYSWFT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    excellent info! i'll check the Wildhorse site. about the tickets, i'm renewing my warehouse membership next month for a second year. i don't get anything from it because i live in Israel and cannot attend any show, anytime, or use any sale or discount. i want all 3 nights, cause i'm flying 16+ hours, with 3 flights, just for the gorge. the most ideal would be 1-2 lawn tickets and 1-2 pit tickets (out of 3 nights). thing is i CANNOT wait for last minute, last week, last month even, because i really have to book the plane tickets. so i'm a bit in a bad situation now...
    Your best bet is to wait until after the order period and posting of confirmations before purchasing your flight then. Like others have suggested, Citi Card and AmEx often do pre-sales that are usually held after the Warehouse order period, but before public on-sale dates that give you an additional way to get tickets.

And Wildhorse is another campground not affiliated with the actual amphitheater.

Gorge FAQ
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #73
    pinkhippo77

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Even shows that I have been denied by the WH for I have found either through Ticketmaster or the boards. Last month C'ville N2 seats were going for as low as $20.

Quote:
    Your best bet is to wait until after the order period and posting of confirmations before purchasing your flight then. Like others have suggested, Citi Card and AmEx often do pre-sales that are usually held after the Warehouse order period, but before public on-sale dates that give you an additional way to get tickets.

And Wildhorse is another campground not affiliated with the actual amphitheater.
    Any chance you remember which card has had the pre-sale offer the most?
    pinkhippo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #74
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Book your flights, you won't have any problem getting Gorge tickets, particularly lawn, and folks will be practically giving away extras at the venue/camping/parking lot. The box office was also selling pit tickets for at least 2 of the nights last year.
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #75
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pinkhippo77 View Post
    Any chance you remember which card has had the pre-sale offer the most?
    CITI the last couple of years, AMEX previously
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #76
    zartom
    דרישת שלום מישראל

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    Book your flights, you won't have any problem getting Gorge tickets, particularly lawn, and folks will be practically giving away extras at the venue/camping/parking lot. The box office was also selling pit tickets for at least 2 of the nights last year.
    i think i just might do that. with a 1500$+ plane tickets with a connection in NY, tickets prices are all but irrelevant.
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #77
    pinkhippo77

Shows Seen: 94

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    CITI the last couple of years, AMEX previously
    Thanks

Quote:
    i think i just might do that. with a 1500$+ plane tickets with a connection in NY, tickets prices are all but irrelevant.
    You make a very good point. On to the more important items: have you thought about where you would stay/camp?
    pinkhippo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #78
    Aerialblue

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes, it's premiere. I believe there's one level better that you can do, terrace I think? But the premiere was quite satisfactory. It got kinda loud at night, to be expected of course, but less crazy than the general camping area. And again, the showers are pretty fantastic, worth the extra money for premiere. The lines do get a bit ridiculous as the weekend goes on, but it's worth it to be refreshed. It's sort of a dorm shower situation, except you wait in line outside. And your hair dries in less than five minutes because of the super dry air.
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #79
    drue22

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Exactly - you shouldn't wait to get your transportation arranged based on tickets. You WILL find tickets- lawn tickets at a minimum will be 'given away' at the venue/campground and you have a great chance at getting reserved/pit if you are diligent on the boards. Personally I would be comfortable committing to all travel now, as I assume Labor Dave Weekend will carry on indefinitely... of course waiting til an official announcement may be prudent - no need to wait until tickets are 'in hand'.
    -Shoreline [2012] Hollywood Bowl-
    drue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #80
    jenzzjetII
    JAYSWFT

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drue22 View Post
    Exactly - you shouldn't wait to get your transportation arranged based on tickets. You WILL find tickets- lawn tickets at a minimum will be 'given away' at the venue/campground and you have a great chance at getting reserved/pit if you are diligent on the boards. Personally I would be comfortable committing to all travel now, as I assume Labor Dave Weekend will carry on indefinitely... of course waiting til an official announcement may be prudent - no need to wait until tickets are 'in hand'.
    The only small issue is that the band's contract with the Gorge was over after the shows last year. I don't know why either side would want to change weekends, but you never know. If I were flying all the way from Israel I would probably wait for an official announcement, but once the announcement was made I'd be all over it even if I didn't have my tickets yet.

Gorge FAQ
    Old 01-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #81
    seekupdani

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm weird, I was never a fan of camping. I don't mind cabins, I'd rather have AC, a shower and a toilet than sleep in a tent that's all hot and shit.
    We rented an RV last year, and will again this year. We got to have all the luxuries of being in a hotel (indoor bathroom, AC, heater for at night, stove, etc) and didn't have to miss out on the excitement in the campgrounds.
    Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #82
    seekupdani

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've also heard about the contract issues. I suppose at very least, you could wait until the tour dates are announced (even though tickets won't have gone on sale yet) and then book your flight once the dates are for sure.
    Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #83
    dmbfan62

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

You will get a ticket no matter what. People were wheeling, dealing, and dumping tickets right up until showtime every night.

Hell, I even managed to go from the top of the lawn to the middle of the pit for $25.00 and we were already inside and sprawled out on our spot.
    Some random guy desperate to get anything he could for the his pits 5 minutes before the band came on.

I will return to Premier camping this year--we loved it there!
    dmbfan62 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #84
    russvodder
    Surfing for Aliens

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seekupdani View Post
    We rented an RV last year, and will again this year. We got to have all the luxuries of being in a hotel (indoor bathroom, AC, heater for at night, stove, etc) and didn't have to miss out on the excitement in the campgrounds.
    This IS the way to go.
    Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #85
    HasidicDMB

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Planning my first trip to the gorge, joined here because I need to ask if there are any african-americans that venture to this establishment for the concerts/camping? My religion forbids interaction with them, therefore before I commit financially I want to know if I will have to interact with any of the kind.

Thanks,
    Isaac
    HasidicDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #86
    tfinn29

Shows Seen: 68

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HasidicDMB View Post
    Planning my first trip to the gorge, joined here because I need to ask if there are any african-americans that venture to this establishment for the concerts/camping? My religion forbids interaction with them, therefore before I commit financially I want to know if I will have to interact with any of the kind.

Thanks,
    Isaac
    umm half the band is african-american... guess you're out
    tfinn29 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #87
    lenn

Shows Seen: 103

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Thanks,
    Isaac
    Not sure exactly what you are saying. Quite the contrary.
    Judaism does not forbid interacting with others. As a "Hassid", you might have an issue with being close to women singing and dancing at a show, however.

To answer your question - this email sounds like a hoax - and you should not be using our boards for spreading hatred of this kind!!!
    Old 01-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #88
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lenn View Post
    Not sure exactly what you are saying. Quite the contrary.
    Judaism does not forbid interacting with others. As a "Hassid", you might have an issue with being close to women singing and dancing at a show, however.

To answer your question - this email sounds like a hoax - and you should not be using our boards for spreading hatred of this kind!!!
    Agreed. Ban hammer please.
    Old 01-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #89
    TrippinNancies1
    Slippin slow away...

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Thanks,
    Isaac
    Um... woah
    Old 01-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #90
    btaff222

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Fuck that guy.... It was my first time at the gorge last year and it was the best ever. I cant imaging not going again, but I have heard that the band's "contract" is up with the gorge. Can anyone provide insight as to whether there will be another year or not at the gorge and will it be the same weekend?
    btaff222 is offline   Reply With Quote