**The Official Gamers Thread** - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-21-2011, 06:33 AM   #121
maxpower00044
You mustn't touch

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **The Official Gamers Thread**

I wish it was October 18th already. I haven't been excited for a game, like I'm excited for Arkham City, in a long time.

PSN: Max_Power--
maxpower00044 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-21-2011, 06:37 AM   #122
    pkrfan97

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thestand View Post
    Also, speaking of betas, Battlefield 3 open beta on the 29th. Preorder and medal of honor owners will be able to start on the 27th. On ps3, 360, and PC. I was able to get into the alpha on PC, and it was fantastic. I'll be on the beta on both PC and 360, but probably more 360, to see the console difference.
    How does beta entry on the 27th work? I pre-ordered through Amazon, but I don't believe I ever received a code to enter early.
    Old 09-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #123
    maxpower00044
    You mustn't touch

My Tour Central Stats

About the BF3 Beta: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1195528p1.html

It seems the only way you get it early by preorder, is if you are getting it on PC and order on Origin.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #124
    thestand
    Best Ever

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pkrfan97 View Post
    How does beta entry on the 27th work? I pre-ordered through Amazon, but I don't believe I ever received a code to enter early.
    Preorder codes will be emailed. Amazon is fairly notorious for dropping the ball with such things, though. Hopefully they've had enough practice to not screw it up at this point, but they did pretty badly with the Medal of Honor beta. But you should see it in the next few days.

EDIT: Actually, Nick is right. Preorder early entry is only for Origin. Thought that wasn't the case, my bad. Just Medal of Honor early for the console.
    Will in time both outpace and outlive you, Hail Satan!

Last edited by thestand; 09-21-2011 at 07:01 PM.
    thestand is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #125
    thestand
    Best Ever

My Tour Central Stats

OK, so this is pretty hilarious.

Some stores got Dark Souls early, and broke the street date, so people are already currently playing it. Just for a quick backstory for people that might not be familiar with the series: Dark Souls is the "spiritual successor" to Demon's Souls. Not a direct sequel, but in the same universe. Demon's Souls was absolutely, without a doubt, the hardest game on this current generation that got a worldwide release. There may be Japan-only titles harder, but it's extremely hard. In fact, the design of the game is that it intentionally gets harder when you fail. If you die, you respawn at your nearest save spot, and the difficulty is increased. Enemies had more health, attacks got slower, etc. Just an insanely hard game.

The other interesting thing about the game is how multiplayer and developer access works. It's kind of an open concept game, where other players can drop into your game to either help or hurt you, and developers, if they want to, can change the game on the fly. Drop stuff in, do what they want.

So, back to the hilarious thing: the developers at From Software are having some fun with those currently playing the game before street date. They're currently going into their games, and dropping in the hardest bosses in the game, right at early levels. So unless these guys that got the game are checking the internet (they probably will eventually), they're sitting there thinking, "what the fuck is going on right now? I have a sword that does 9 damage, and this thing has... 1400 health?!?!?!" I love this story so much.
    Old 09-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #126
    pkrfan97

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

^ I found that hilarious too. I platinum'd Demon's Souls & I've been looking forward to Dark Souls' release for months. October 4th can't come soon enough.
    Old 09-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #127
    thestand
    Best Ever

My Tour Central Stats

So my gaming PC problem is fixed. I haven't posted about it in here, mainly because it makes me look like a huge dumb git, but it gives me even more reason to praise Cyberpower.

So you'll remember that I posted that I ordered my PC, posted the specs and all of that. It did go through production, was produced, but because I'm absolutely retarded, couldn't be shipped to me. Basically, I had ordered through BillMeLater, who gives you 6 months interest free financing, and I had accidentally put my billing zip code in for both my billing and shipping zip code. Now here's where it gets a bit frustrating. Cyberpower has the PC done, ready to ship, but they can't send the payment request to BillMeLater until the shipping address is changed, because the order has to be precisely what it says from BillMeLater, or else it screws up accounting for both companies. Buuuuut... BillMeLater can't change anything until CyberPower actually requests payment. They don't have an order to change until it goes through.

So after spending a bunch of time on the phone with one of CyberPower's reps, Danny, he got clearance from his promotions department to let me cancel the order, make a new order with exactly the same parts, and he'd give me the promotional price on everything, even though the sales were over. Sweet deal, right? Well, BillMeLater, because they cancelled my order due to "address dispute" (even though "dumbassery" would've been more correct), flagged my account for fraud, and it would take a week to lift it. No problem, Danny at CyberPower says. They'll hold it for me. So I call BillMeLater, and they say it'll be fine, everything will be cleared on Thursday, and you can re-order. Great, great. Well, turns out, that wasn't true at all. They were never going to clear my account until they had proof of ID from me, in the form of a faxed copy of my license. The first three customer service reps neglected to mention this. I finally got through to one on Friday (a week ago today) who told me all of this, but it was too little, too late: I told Danny that if it wasn't resolved by Friday, just cancel the order, and I'll do a new one during the next sale. So with BillMeLater now not being able to clear me until this week, that PC had to go to PC heaven.

But now BillMeLater has cleared my account, and CyberPower are having another nice little sale, so I bought myself a PC, for slightly cheaper than the other one, with almost the same FPS benchmarks.

And before someone points it out, I know, I made it sound like I had already gotten my PC for Dead Island. I was so excited for it, and it was supposed to be there in two days, I may have gotten carried away. I actually played Dead Island on a friend's PC. I attempted to play it on my laptop, to poor results.
    Old 09-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #128
    thestand
    Best Ever

My Tour Central Stats

The essentials for this unit:

Same CPU, the i5 2500k overclocked around 20%
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 560 Ti 1GB (actually beats my previous card, the Radeon 6870, in most benchmarks)
    Same RAM upgrade, 8GB of 1600
    Free Blu-Ray read drive
    Now an Asus Z68 motherboard instead of a Gigabyte

And it ended up being about 50 dollars cheaper. Now, everyone pray to whatever deity you choose that it actually ******** gets here.
    Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #129
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Last night I threw in Halo 3 for old times sake. Played a bunch of multiplayer. I forgot how much fun that game is, and how less frustrating it is than COD.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #130
    Balor3012

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Played Black Ops for the first time in months today...it was a disaster
    Balor3012 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #131
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

Shows Seen: 152

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

is anyone getting new goldeneye?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    wow that was a classic ricky deflection ™
    gocubsgo3822 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #132
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    is anyone getting new goldeneye?
    There's another new one?

Also, does anyone know if the Madden rosters are messed up? I want to use my $15 Best Buy gift card towards getting it, but it shit is all messed up, it's going to suck because I have no way of getting roster updates. (Don't haz teh internetz hooked up to Xbox).
    Old 09-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #133
    nieds05
    Go Big Red!

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Been playing through RE4 on PS3 and forgot how much I loved this game. Controls feel dated but once I got used to them the game still is great.
    Old 09-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #134
    thestand
    Best Ever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    Last night I threw in Halo 3 for old times sake. Played a bunch of multiplayer. I forgot how much fun that game is, and how less frustrating it is than COD.
    I bought ODST just so I could get into the Halo: Reach beta. ODST came with the second disc for Halo 3 multiplayer. Suffice it to say: I basically was only good at grifball. Really, any of the grab bag game modes, that didn't have to do with shooting people.

Although SWAT I could hold my own in, because it's the most CoD like: first reactions and accuracy wins.
    Old 09-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #135
    dmbigeyedphish
    feels good man

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I bought battle for middle earth 2 last night. I'm a little behind on my 360 games because my last one RROD'd. I'm pumped to get started on it. /lotrnerd
    Old 09-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #136
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I bought ODST just so I could get into the Halo: Reach beta. ODST came with the second disc for Halo 3 multiplayer. Suffice it to say: I basically was only good at grifball. Really, any of the grab bag game modes, that didn't have to do with shooting people.

Although SWAT I could hold my own in, because it's the most CoD like: first reactions and accuracy wins.
    I haven't played Reach, I got ODST too, but rarely played that. We bought my nephew Halo 3 for his birthday since he got an XBOX so we bought halo 3 again so we could play with him.

It is very different to have to go thru 2 clips in order to kill a guy in Halo. And I suck at the Battle Rifles. I am excited to see what Halo 4 will bring... and how the anniversary Halo multiplayer will be.

Quote:
    Go Kings Go.

Last edited by dmbetc; 09-23-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #137
    nieds05
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I haven't played Reach, I got ODST too, but rarely played that. We bought my nephew Halo 3 for his birthday since he got an XBOX so we bought halo 3 again so we could play with him.

It is very different to have to go thru 2 clips in order to kill a guy in Halo. And I suck at the Battle Rifles. I am excited to see what Halo 4 will bring... and how the anniversary Halo multiplayer will be.
    I'd highly recommend Reach, easily my favorite FPS campaign in years and I love the multiplayer. Firefight is so much better than it was in ODST, very addicting.

EDIT: Anniversary multiplayer is going to be based off of Reach Multiplayer if I remember correctly.
    Old 09-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #138
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nieds05 View Post
    I'd highly recommend Reach, easily my favorite FPS campaign in years and I love the multiplayer. Firefight is so much better than it was in ODST, very addicting.

EDIT: Anniversary multiplayer is going to be based off of Reach Multiplayer if I remember correctly.
    I'm not sure why I never picked up Reach, honestly. I've owned all Halos since the beginning. I think I just got bored with the franchise and switched over to call of duty franchise and didn't go back. Also, ODST was such garbage, I was turned off..I know it was more of a "side story/game" but whatever, it still sucked.

Quote:
    Go Kings Go.
    Old 09-24-2011, 05:57 AM   #139
    nieds05
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm not sure why I never picked up Reach, honestly. I've owned all Halos since the beginning. I think I just got bored with the franchise and switched over to call of duty franchise and didn't go back. Also, ODST was such garbage, I was turned off..I know it was more of a "side story/game" but whatever, it still sucked.
    100% agree about ODST! That is the only game I have never completed, but mainly bought it for all of the Halo 3 DLC because I never buy map packs
    Old 09-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #140
    ethaxton
    eLL

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Sucks Diablo 3 got pushed back, really looking forward to that.

Shows Attended
    ethaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2011, 07:49 AM   #141
    nieds05
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ethaxton View Post
    I was ok with that delay because I already have enough games this fall I am going to want to play and that game will be a huge time sink.
    Old 09-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #142
    skippdogg

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Release date for SW:TOR set for 12/20. Cant. Wait!
    Scott

XBL-Rece Davis
    skippdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #143
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

I'm not on top of game news, but I just found out that there will be a new Assassin's Creed: Revelations coming out November 15th.

That is so awesome. It's set in Constantinople 1511, and features all 3 characters of Desmond, Ezio, and Altair. Ezio somehow apparently finds an Animus-like machine (or something) which allows him to relive Altair's life experiences.

So awesome. This game and Batman: Arkham City have me geeking out nerd style!

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #144
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ethaxton View Post
    Did anyone at all on this website play Starcraft 2? I tried about 5 or 6 times bumping my SC2 thread, but basically no one ever responded.

I guess me and Squee are alone on that game.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #145
    thestand
    Best Ever

My Tour Central Stats

I have never played an MMO (other than Rift for about 2 days), and I really don't like the Star Wars universe. That being said, it has been a long, long time since BioWare did something bad (well, other than the rush-job on Dragon Age II), so I'll probably be getting it, at least for a month or so. Looks like it'll probably be one of the last subscription-based MMOs to come out. F2P with microtransactions are the way of the future.
    Old 09-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #146
    nieds05
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
    Did anyone at all on this website play Starcraft 2? I tried about 5 or 6 times bumping my SC2 thread, but basically no one ever responded.

I guess me and Squee are alone on that game.
    Played for a few months after release, Only played online for a little while. I suck pretty hardcore at competitive RTS games, but I still really enjoy them.
    Old 09-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #147
    nieds05
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I have never played an MMO (other than Rift for about 2 days), and I really don't like the Star Wars universe. That being said, it has been a long, long time since BioWare did something bad (well, other than the rush-job on Dragon Age II), so I'll probably be getting it, at least for a month or so. Looks like it'll probably be one of the last subscription-based MMOs to come out. F2P with microtransactions are the way of the future.
    I played FFXI and WoW extensively, I really want to play The Old Republic, but at the same time I am hesitant because of the killer fall lineup. I probably wont play Skyrim until January so I may just wait on TOR.
    Old 09-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #148
    thestand
    Best Ever

My Tour Central Stats

So after a day, BF3 on 360 will be a big pass for me. Doesn't look good, doesn't play well, just really falls short of the PC. I mean, we knew that would happen, but not by this much. I hate to use the MW3 advert cliche, but we now live in a time of gaming where there's no reason to not have a game run at a constant 60 FPS. This is at 30, and you can feel it in the controls.
    Old 09-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #149
    dmbigeyedphish
    feels good man

My Tour Central Stats

Rage will be the first game I spend 60 dollars on in about 3 years.
    Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #150
    maxpower00044
    You mustn't touch

My Tour Central Stats

I wasn't sold on the BF3 beat either. It mostly had to do with the lag issues. It was laggy as fuck on ps3. Probably had to do with it being a beta, but still. game also took a massive hit from PC to console. Looks a lot like BFBC2.