DMB songs and your kids - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 10-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #31
LJCoviello
Lenny

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB songs and your kids

No DMB (yet), but my (almost) 3 y/o girl once asked us to play 'Cembersist (The Decemberists), knows Slip Slidin' Away well enough to sing the chorus and ask for it by name, and I caught her singing along to Sugaree the other day (the shake it, shake it Sugaree part). -- She has better taste in music than most of my friends. HAHA

Last edited by LJCoviello; 10-24-2014 at 01:20 PM.
LJCoviello is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #32
    SomeDevil17

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

What's fascinating for me is how quickly my oldest (now 10) will pick up on when a DMB song is being played. This past summer, I took him to a youth baseball touranment where the PA speaker was playing music while people got the field ready. They were playing a Dave and Tim live song (#41 I believe) and my son turns to me and says "What do you think dad? They're playing DMB)

Then about a month ago I took my family bowling. The alley had a fancy jukebox with thousands of songs on it. Well they had about 130 DMB songs loaded on there. So I snuck off a set a few to play. The first song to come on was Two Step and about 3 seconds in my son turns and says "Hey dad, Two Step is playing on the radio". This has happened several times as well when we go to restaurants and a song plays while we are eating.
    Cincinnati - 2010, 2013, 2014, 2018, 2019; Charlotte - 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021; Cville - 11/20/10, 12/14-15/12, 5/7/16, 12/14-15/18; Deer Creek - 6/21-22/13; Raleigh - 2015, 2021; VA Beach - 7/11/15; Gorge - 2016, 2019. 2021; Blossom - 2017; Alpharetta - 2017; Vegas - 2020
    SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #33
    h2orafter

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

My son is 5 and has been to every 3 day show at the Gorge since he was born so 18 shows total. He loves running around collecting all the glow sticks on the lawn. Night 3 this year we happened to be around an awesome crowd that had sparklers and a ton of glow stick creations. We have a blast as a family dancing and singing. His favorite song is Don't Drink the Water. I do have to admit I changed the lyrics when he was taking a bath to " don't drink the water, the tubby water.." Last year when they played it he noticed the real lyrics and was pissed that "I lied it him about the words to the song". He loves the cover of "Burning down the House" and "Minarets".
    h2orafter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #34
    salrx95

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

We have a famous video taken of my then almost 3 year old (now 9) singing WWYS. It is such a classic. He then moved onto Burning Down the House and Cornbread but we tried to discourage that for obvious reasons.

My younger son didn't take to them like my older son did. All of his favorites have been non DMB. We failed there somehow
    salrx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #35
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by h2orafter View Post
    My son is 5 and has been to every 3 day show at the Gorge since he was born so 18 shows total. He loves running around collecting all the glow sticks on the lawn. Night 3 this year we happened to be around an awesome crowd that had sparklers and a ton of glow stick creations. We have a blast as a family dancing and singing. His favorite song is Don't Drink the Water. I do have to admit I changed the lyrics when he was taking a bath to " don't drink the water, the tubby water.." Last year when they played it he noticed the real lyrics and was pissed that "I lied it him about the words to the song". He loves the cover of "Burning down the House" and "Minarets".
    That's an awesome story. I can't imagine bringing my kid to a show at that age.
    Old 10-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #36
    Owly
    180 degrees of fuck you

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

My daughter LOVES Lie In Our Graves! She's 8 years old and always giggles when the "splish splash me and you takin a bath" part comes on. It's so cute.
    Owly is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #37
    ranter1027

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

when my son was 2, Louisiana Bayou was his favorite song, which he called the "cane achoo" song. it was funny to hear him singing along at that part. Clearly he thought it was about sneezing.
    ranter1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #38
    dirkdover

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

My son (now 4) has always loved Belly Belly Nice. Except he calls it Jack & Jill. I also sing DDTW & LIOG during bath time. For a time he was into Broken Things, too.
    Old 07-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #39
    space_raven
    crawling out the mud

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

My 2.5 y/o son is a in the making. He is currently obsessed with Shake Me Like A Monkey. He sings the "yours, yours, yours, YEAHHH," parts perfectly. Every time the song ends he says, "again, louder."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb9howell View Post
    No that's my bad. I am completely fucking murdered hammered. I can barley see the screen. I go eat now.
    space_raven is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2015, 11:14 AM   #40
    ctdmber

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

i do dinner with my 2yo many nights since the wifey is out at night classes gettin her doctorate (overachiever). anywho, when its just us two boys, i put a live trax on as we cook and eat dinner and the little dude bops his head and dances in his chair. if i don't put it on, he asks for it. live trax 3 seems to be his fave, so he has good taste
    ctdmber is offline   Reply With Quote