Warehouse Packages. - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 03-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Drunkencook

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Warehouse Packages.

Just curious for those who apply. Has anyone received their Warehouse package yet? Or does anybody know when they will be shipped?

DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=952
Drunkencook is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Warehouse Packages.

they won't ship until April
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Figures. I leave the country for two weeks and won't get my package before hand, miss a free show, and miss record day.
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

In all reality though, they probably won't arrive until summer.
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

i got mine today. ya beat OP
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
    lilant420

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
    i got mine today. ya beat OP
    I'm sure Polio did too.
    Old 03-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
    antinseattle

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I got mine in feb. ill ship it to you lithium420
    antinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #8
    lilant420

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by antinseattle View Post
    I got mine in feb. ill ship it to you lithium420
    Speaking of shipping I need to send you my players card, yo!

I really want those Taylor Hick's tickets!

Last edited by lilant420; 03-15-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    Old 03-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #9
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

http://dmbalmanac.com has some interesting stats:

Warehouse 10 volume 1 & Warehouse 7 volume 1 added on 3/5/2013
    The annual Warehouse Fan Club CD tracklisting has been released. Every year there has been an effort to select songs that either have not been released on a previous disc, or if there is a repeat, it is a version that fills a hole that song's release timeline. This year is no exception as all songs fall into one category or the other.

The most notable and noticeable change this year is the move to ten tracks for members with status and seven tracks for those who have been a member for under three years. Previous packages have contained tracks with multiple songs that counted as one track. WH5v4 contained a spontaneous Blue Water verse and chorus played on a 12-string before fading into JTR from 12.8.00. In comparison to a full version of the song in its glory period, it is understandably left as one track. WH8v4 contained Daniel Lanois’s Still Water and Don’t Drink the Water as parts of the same track from 5.5.07. Though the former has been played in near entirety, it is still seen as an introduction to the latter and another drop-D song Bartender. However last year’s disc could definitely have justified having split tracks and the title changed. The Gravedigger Intro in Pantala Naga Pampa and the Everyday fake might have justified it. But the Water Into Wine that was listed as an outro to Halloween was actually the longest version of the song to date by a significant margin. Interestingly, it was played as a reprise outro a few times, including later that show and most famously out of Halloween again at Alpine Valley captured on Live Trax vol. 15. As it stands though, this is the first time since 2004 that the tracklist has officially expanded. On to the songs themselves (note: unless otherwise stated, this is the first annual Warehouse Fan Club release for each song).

1. #27 (9.16.11) – This is just the fourth release of the song and the first with Jeff Coffin. It is also the first release on any of the Warehouse discs from the Caravan tour.

2. Sugar Will (3.6.10) – Also just the fourth release and the only version that doesn’t come from the 2004 Summer Tour. It is the first song released from the 2010 European Tour and one of two major bustouts on that tour; the other being Big Eyed Fish on 3.14.10. The tour's setlists featured Big Whiskey due to the album getting more promotion in Europe than any of their previous efforts. But a sign-induced tease in Cologne led to more signs and finally on this night in London, it was played fully for the first time since 8.30.08 at the Gorge. In the dialogue preceding the song, Dave even jokes that they have no idea what the lights are going to do during the song. These versions are also notable in their jam structure with solos being taken by Rashawn & Tim, but not Jeff. One of the few consistent lyrics in the original versions “too much of a good thing may be not so sweet” is changed to “too much of a sweet thing maybe not so good.” They played the song the next night in Manchester as well, but it has not been played again since.

3. Tripping Billies (8.22.07) – This pick certainly stands out from the rest in a different way. While the song had yet to appear on a Warehouse release, this particular performance was previously released on the 2007 Summer Tour Sampler that came as a pre-order bonus to “Live at Piedmont Park.” It was included on both the eight track Warehouse only disc and the four track disc available to everyone. While there have been many instances of songs released twice, both as a single and as part of a full show, inclusion on two separate compilations has been pretty rare. Lying In the Hands of God from 6.12.09 was released on two online only compilations: iTunes’s exclusive pass to Big Whiskey and the Haiti Relief Project.

4. Recently (4.18.09) – This is one of two songs that have previously been released on a Warehouse disc. The previous version from 7.13.99 was released on WH5v3 back in 2003. This one is the longest performance of the song from the Spring Tour and contains the Pretty Pretty Girl and Take Me To the River outros. Most importantly, John d’Earth guests on trumpet. This is the live first song that has been released with him guesting. It’s a bit rare to get a whole lot of dialogue from Dave about older songs, but after this performance Dave explains that this is one of four songs that he and d’Earth recorded and played for Carter and LeRoi. At this point it’s obviously unknown whether any dialogue will be included with the release. Either way, this version is definitely one of the major highlights of a well-regarded show with fans. This is release number 27 for the song.

5. The Riff (9.7.12) – This is the first live release of the song and has one of the fastest tempos of the tour. It segues directly into You & Me.

6. You & Me (9.7.12) – This is the seventh release of You & Me. Lately the Warehouse has included full segue sequences. Within the first several discs, they left out Good Good Time from Rhyme & Reason, then left out Ants Marching and edited out the last section of the preceding #36.

7. Snow Outside (9.9.12) – This is also the first release of Snow Outside and is taken from the second show that played it at.

8. Typical Situation (partial) (9.19.07) – This is the 24th release of the song and it’s by far the most unique. The five versions from the 2007 Summer Tour are all considered partials on our site. This one starts off with Dave playing one quick chorus, then everyone jumps directly to the 7/8 jam through the rest of the standard live song. It’s the second single song release from this show after Stand Up (For It) featuring Joe Lawlor on guitar was released on the 2007 Summer Tour Sampler.

9. The Dreaming Tree (8.31.07) – This is only the song’s seventh release. Only three songs from Before These Crowded Streets have been less: The Last Stop (6), Pig (5) & Spoon (2).

10. Kill the King (6.6.06) – This is the second release, but first from the tour where it originated. It’s only been played a total of eight times; the only non-2006 performance was released on Live in Atlantic City. This is the third debut performance that has been released on a Warehouse disc following Mother Father (5.18.01) and Lying In the Hands of God (6.6.09).

Here is a list of studio album songs that have not been released on the annual Warehouse Fan discs.

Remember Two Things: none
    Under the Table and Dreaming: none
    Crash: Crash Into Me and Cry Freedom
    Before These Crowded Streets: The Last Stop and Spoon
    Everyday: I Did It, The Space Between, Dreams of Our Fathers (of course), Fool To Think, Sleep to Dream Her (still zero releases) and Everyday (just the fake on last year’s disc)
    Busted Stuff: Where Are You Going
    Stand Up: all except Hello Again, Steady As We Go, You Might Die Trying and Stolen Away on 55th & 3rd
    Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King: all except Seven, Time Bomb, Lying the Hands of God, Why I Am and You & Me
    Away From the World: all except The Riff and Snow Outside
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    had them finished in December or January and won't ship til April...weak once again
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #11
    FeelingGood
    Much better now....

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    In all reality though, they probably won't arrive until summer.
    ...and for some, they won't arrive at all!