Live Trax 23 and 24 Announced!! - Page 8 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 11-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #211
Roose13
Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Live Trax 23 and 24 Announced!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneje View Post
Anyone have these? How are the mixes?

NHL Thread Banner
-2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
-2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
-2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
-2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #212
    andthegrittys
    WhyWouldUPlayByTheRules

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

if you listen to 2-11-96, you'll hear Dave mention it being the best show/audience of the tour. I was at both 2-11, and 2-19, and I still think 2-11 was better. No Hold Me Down or Is Chicago, but Blue Water dedicated to Mom in the front row was pretty epic. I've been waiting for that to be released in SBD for years. With 2-19 being released, that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for 2-11
    andthegrittys is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #213
    davem#36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by andthegrittys View Post
    if you listen to 2-11-96, you'll hear Dave mention it being the best show/audience of the tour. I was at both 2-11, and 2-19, and I still think 2-11 was better. No Hold Me Down or Is Chicago, but Blue Water dedicated to Mom in the front row was pretty epic. I've been waiting for that to be released in SBD for years. With 2-19 being released, that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for 2-11
    Awesome you went! Very jelaous

What an amazing 20 years.
    ‘24 ALPHA/ALPINE
    davem#36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #214
    efraser77
    026 | Grux Abides

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alec View Post
    Interesting observation - the whole D+T February run in 97 ends with Warehouse. Literally ever single show. I wonder if people complained.
    Before playing it on 2/18, Dave explains to the crowd that, yes, they're going to play Warehouse AGAIN, because they just really fucking love playing it together.

Which is why it's so odd and frustrating that they basically don't play it at all anymore. Was the one thing I really wanted to get in Vegas in 09 but didn't.

Probably burned themselves out on it...oh well.
    Old 11-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #215
    andthegrittys
    WhyWouldUPlayByTheRules

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by efraser77 View Post
    Before playing it on 2/18, Dave explains to the crowd that, yes, they're going to play Warehouse AGAIN, because they just really fucking love playing it together.

Which is why it's so odd and frustrating that they basically don't play it at all anymore. Was the one thing I really wanted to get in Vegas in 09 but didn't.

Probably burned themselves out on it...oh well.
    96, 97 D+T warehouses were all about Passion intro, and Louie Louie - You can only pull that off for so long.
    andthegrittys is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #216
    1yankeesfan

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I just want that Columbia Jacket/Hat/LT combo. Guess I know what the wife is getting me for Christmas

Really?
    1yankeesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #217
    thedak

Shows Seen: 50

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1yankeesfan View Post
    I just want that Columbia Jacket/Hat/LT combo. Guess I know what the wife is getting me for Christmas
    I dig it

thedak is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #218
    vanhammer1080

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

If there was going to be a D&T release I would buy in a heartbeat, THIS would be it.
    vanhammer1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #219
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

My Tour Central Stats

I like how they're branching out. Would be cool to see a Dave & Friends release too.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #220
    TheStone91

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Someone with a Twitter account should ask Butch why he's not on live releases anymore! Haha
    TheStone91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 03:54 AM   #221
    dmb417

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LetYouDown22 View Post
    Couldn't agree more . I think Dave's HD-28 and DM3MD guitars sound great on the Radio City CDs. I wish he would play those guitars at every acoustic show. Plus those versions of Bartender, Crush, 41, and Two Step sound incredible. Everyone has their opinion, but I listen the Radio City more than the Vegas shows, and I was at Vegas. Both are great shows, but I don't see anything wrong with RC.

Oh and these two LT releases are everything I could have asked for. Already have a great taper pull from 1999 (3-13-99), so I couldn't be happier with a 96/97 D&T release. Great stuff here.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 41Wooten View Post
    I'm not trying to start an opinion war, but I do feel sorry for you guys.

Dave's guitar volume (in the mix) is way too low in most cases on Radio City. And in general, all of the strumming and picking action sounds so scratchy and twangy. Go listen around the 8:20 mark on Dancing Nancies... and try to tell me that sounds better than Luther College, or even Vegas.
    I get what you're saying, but to me it still sounds shitloads better than (let's say) the 7:18 marker on the Vegas "Nancies".
    What I said earlier wasn't some sort of a joke, it actually does sound to me as if they're playing some Chinese instruments - not guitars.

Again, that probably isn't a problem that concerns the mixing for the recording, but how it has been mixed for the stage in the last few years.

I hate the sound, I want the Martins back!!!!
    dmb417 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 AM   #222
    harribri

Shows Seen: 49

My Tour Central Stats

loving it.. would a full band release be nice as well? sure, but that doesn't take away from the excitement from this LT! Dec 10 here we come!!
    Old 11-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #223
    jas230314

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dtv001 View Post
    The people that bitch about people bitching are twice as bad as the people that bitch.
    Unfortunately, now you're the person who is bitching about those who bitched about the original bitchers.

(And yes, I understand that puts me next in line)

Point is, this point adds nothing to the discussion, it just makes you look like negative and unrelated to the topic at hand.

11/19 and 11/20
    Best shows I've ever seen, I'll miss this band

jas230314 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #224
    jas230314

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    no.....you are.
    I said Coker is everything wrong with this site. And you're response is this. So, do me a favor and just let me know what opinions of mine/what I do/anything you disagree with me about.

Consider I rarely post on this site anymore, and you've racked up over 100,000 posts - I'd say 90%+ of which are unnecessary, it is curious that you have such a strong opinion on me.

Or was this just another empty, waste of a post that meant nothing?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Coker View Post
    Maybe people prefer DMB to D&T and would rather see more full-band releases?

My reaction to this? I've said they were good shows. You're everything that's wrong with this site, since apparently you can't fucking read.

If you read the full thread, you'd note that I had said that I wasn't a huge D&T fan, so of course I fucking hate Live at Luther!!!! Oh wait, no I don't. I think it's a decent release. Excuse me for "being everything that's wrong with this site" because I don't get a fucking hard-on for D&T shows, no matter the set.

My reaction is this - Cool shows. I can see why some people are disappointed, as they'd rather have full-band shows. My angst, no bitching.

1. At any given time would you have expected two D&T shows to be released at the same time? I understand what you're getting at...but it's completely invalid. Two shows were released. To some people two full-band shows > two D&T shows.

Once again, I think theyre cool shows. I have absolutely no problem with them. But I don't think it's bullshit for people to be a little disappointed about getting D&T when they wanted DMB. Some people (like myself) don't get that excited for D&T releases, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
    - Are you suggesting we don't get enough full band releases? Or that these two shows would be better having not released if they weren't DMB?

- I have done more for this site and this community than you know, but nice try. I can read, and comprehend what I've read... hence my issue with you.

- Of course I exaggerated when I said you hated Luther College, but the implication was that you didn't love it (like 99% of fans). In the same breath you go on to call LUTHER COLLEGE a "Decent release". Are you fucking kidding me?

- The rest I bolded was you repeating that "some people" prefer DMB shows over D&T shows over and over and over again. Problem is that you are the only person with that opinion... and you keep repeating it as if it'll change everyone else's mind.

Maybe instead of repeating your opinion over and over, limit how often you post and make your posts have greater quality. Quantity is usually a waste of all of our time.

11/19 and 11/20
    Best shows I've ever seen, I'll miss this band

jas230314 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #225
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stoneje View Post
    Thank you! I have the winter bundle preordered. Merry Christmas to me!
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #226
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

For anyone interested, here is some davespeak from the New Hampshire show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnMn2-Ap_sA
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #227
    holdyouclose
    ==============

Shows Seen: 56

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jas230314 View Post
    Unfortunately, now you're the person who is bitching about those who bitched about the original bitchers.

(And yes, I understand that puts me next in line)

Point is, this point adds nothing to the discussion, it just makes you look like negative and unrelated to the topic at hand.
    So why bring it up again? If people would stop bitching about people bitching about people bitching, maybe a discussion about the actual shows could take place, no?
    holdyouclose is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #228
    Coker

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jas230314 View Post
    - Are you suggesting we don't get enough full band releases? Or that these two shows would be better having not released if they weren't DMB?

- I have done more for this site and this community than you know, but nice try. I can read, and comprehend what I've read... hence my issue with you.

- Of course I exaggerated when I said you hated Luther College, but the implication was that you didn't love it (like 99% of fans). In the same breath you go on to call LUTHER COLLEGE a "Decent release". Are you fucking kidding me?

- The rest I bolded was you repeating that "some people" prefer DMB shows over D&T shows over and over and over again. Problem is that you are the only person with that opinion... and you keep repeating it as if it'll change everyone else's mind.

Maybe instead of repeating your opinion over and over, limit how often you post and make your posts have greater quality. Quantity is usually a waste of all of our time.
    1. I won't bother what I've repeated so many times. But it's apparent that you still don't understand it.
    2. Oh wait, were you the guy who started the Spoon campaign for C'Ville? Cool But really, I'd love to know what all you have done for this site and community. I'm all ears.
    3. I'm aware it was an exaggeration - I was just going with it. Yes, Luther College is a decent release. You know what? I'll even give you that it's a good release. Shocking that when a person doesn't LOVE D&T then they're not going to LOVE a D&T release. Personally, I love JTR and Minarets - but fuck, do I hate the Lovely Ladies on them (which I'm assuming most people here do, as well). See where I'm going with this?
    4. Not trying to change anyones mind on it. People obviously love these shows - and that's cool. But to say it's bullshit that I'm disappointed is well...bullshit. And let's be honest, I'm not the only one with that opinion. Fairly certain others have chimed in stating they were hoping for a DMB release. Like that gross overusage of smilies guy, rickyh24.
    5. Maybe people will finally start to catch on and understand. Hopefully it starts with you! My hope is that one day people will realize that it's not outrageous to not get excited over a D&T release.
    Coker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #229
    Fiorentino

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

I've been waiting for more dave and tim shows to be released since Luther came out. I was at vegas and rcmh so it was nice to get them... But it was a crime we only had one '96 show. The '97 is amazing as well, I'd have chosen 2-21 but I'll take anything I can get.

For those dissappointed this isnt DMB, i am sorry. For those of us who are bigger fans of these shows than the band though, this has been a LONG wait to get these releases. I can relate to those who are dissappointed, because I felt the same way about getting so many DMB shows every year and so very very few dave and tim shows and none from the three golden years. But obviously there is alot fewer of us in the market buying releases so no surprise.
    Fiorentino is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #230
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

My Tour Central Stats

Cannot wait to hear these mixes. 96-97 full band mixes have just been so crisp, so I'm really hoping these are just as crisp with the D+T releases. Such a great time for these musicians.
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #231
    Flip36
    FIGHT OWEN FIGHT!

Shows Seen: 60

My Tour Central Stats

Not excited at all, very blah releases, there is only so much D&T you can release, with the exception of the rare stuff, this should have Ben a DMB release. Although they dropped 2 release together, maybe they have something special for volume 25.
    Stop comparing albums. Every album is different. Thats the point of making a new album, to create something new and different. To evolve. just sit back relax and go with the flow.
    [{46}] show's since [{'99}]!
    Flip36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #232
    holdyouclose
    ==============

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flip36 View Post
    Not excited at all, very blah releases, there is only so much D&T you can release, with the exception of the rare stuff, this should have Ben a DMB release. Although they dropped 2 release together, maybe they have something special for volume 25.
    These shows are full of "rare" stuff....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 View Post
    Cannot wait to hear these mixes. 96-97 full band mixes have just been so crisp, so I'm really hoping these are just as crisp with the D+T releases. Such a great time for these musicians.
    Me too, I really hope the mixes are on par with LC....I hope it's a product of their sound from that time, the venues, Dave playing the Martin, ect....their sound at that time just has a great, intament feel to it....
    Old 11-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #233
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

My Tour Central Stats

I've never done a pre-order of these before, I'm doing a shirt and 23/24 bundle. No option for digital download, I'm assuming these are CD with an option for digital?
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #234
    dwill26
    Fonz is a d-bag

Shows Seen: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I want the guitar players package so bad, but that price is complete bullshit.
    Old 11-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #235
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

My Tour Central Stats

eh. well when a strap is usually $100 at a show, it's a pretty decent deal. personally, i love the straps, but that one in the bundle just sucks.
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Old 11-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #236
    Mateo2k

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    eh. well when a strap is usually $100 at a show, it's a pretty decent deal. personally, i love the straps, but that one in the bundle just sucks.
    They all suck. People just get horned up over the fact that they buy them at shows and are limited.
    Mateo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #237
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mateo2k View Post
    They all suck. People just get horned up over the fact that they buy them at shows and are limited.
    eh. i have a few of them and i really enjoy using them. and they're meaningful to me, not because they're limited per se, but because of memories of the shows and whatnot. plus, they go really well with my guitars. win-win for me!
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Old 11-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #238
    dwill26
    Fonz is a d-bag

Shows Seen: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Theyre that much at a show? Damn, I didnt know that, that's insane. Either way, still not getting it.
    Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #239
    holdyouclose
    ==============

My Tour Central Stats

Wasn't it only 100 per show?
    Old 11-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #240
    TrippinNancies1
    Slippin slow away...

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

During Let You Down on LT 24: "If I could whistle I would but I can't so I don't think I should" Haha, can't wait for these releases!