***Official Mansfield 2015 Thread*** - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-17-2015, 02:52 AM   #121
drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Mansfield 2015 Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by artiej1120 View Post
Just park at one of the independent lots. There's about 10 of them and they all get let out before the venue lots.
I've never done this bc those lots seem so far away. Really don't want to walk 2 mi after a show either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakan View Post
Cuomo for president.
drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-17-2015, 06:58 AM   #122
    Buckman98

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    I've never done this bc those lots seem so far away. Really don't want to walk 2 mi after a show either.
    Just curious - as this thread makes me think of my typical end-of-the-show decision ... How many of you out there leave before the end of the last encore song? In the last few years, I have started to get up during the first encore song, stand in the back and, if the second song is not one I really have to hear, I take off for the lots. If I have a good idea where my car is (and I have a good sense of that), I am usually getting on the road outside of the lot before any traffic starts. It means missing part of one song ... but I have seen lots of shows, don't want to pay $45 for premium parking (or even 20 bucks for an off-site lot) - and missing part of one song is worth saving the time and money.

I am older now (just turned 46), and have two kids at home - so my priorities changed a few years ago. But, having seen them so often, part of one song it not a big deal anymore. In the old days I used to stay until the end of every show I attended. And, yes, sat in the Mansfield lot once for two hours and thought it was worth it then
    Buckman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2015, 07:09 AM   #123
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

Shows Seen: 171

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by obrienk362 View Post
    Hi!

Can you explain more about how everyone gets into the pit? We got pit tickets from the public sale and are looking to see what we're in for..

Kelly
    There's just no fence between the pit and the front row of the orchestra seating (unless something has changed for this year).

It's just sort of strange to... so this pit is easier to wiggle your way into.
    Cozmic135 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2015, 07:21 AM   #124
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buckman98 View Post
    Just curious - as this thread makes me think of my typical end-of-the-show decision ... How many of you out there leave before the end of the last encore song? In the last few years, I have started to get up during the first encore song, stand in the back and, if the second song is not one I really have to hear, I take off for the lots. If I have a good idea where my car is (and I have a good sense of that), I am usually getting on the road outside of the lot before any traffic starts. It means missing part of one song ... but I have seen lots of shows, don't want to pay $45 for premium parking (or even 20 bucks for an off-site lot) - and missing part of one song is worth saving the time and money.

I am older now (just turned 46), and have two kids at home - so my priorities changed a few years ago. But, having seen them so often, part of one song it not a big deal anymore. In the old days I used to stay until the end of every show I attended. And, yes, sat in the Mansfield lot once for two hours and thought it was worth it then
    Almost always leave at the start of the 2nd encore song. Unless it's something I haven't heard before, I'm out. Doesn't seem to matter if you're in the regular lots at Mansfield though. You're screwed either way... I think they hold you up until the VIP lots are empty.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #125
    kathryn13

Shows Seen: 113

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Same story as you. I do this. I park in the free lots. Yes, I risk missing something awesome, but Shake Me...I'll take the risk(at least in Mansfield because I know they have a curfew-they can only play so long). And I get out quick. You just need to make sure you're out before the end of the encore. They'll hold you up to wait for the tour buses to pass.

But I don't normally talk about it...because then everyone will do it and it won't work.
    kathryn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2015, 03:13 PM   #126
    Chumlee67
    A.K.A. Marshmont

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I see a lot of people who will wait for to see what the final encore song is and then leave. I hate leaving any event (concert, sports, etc.) early because I paid for the event so I want to see it all. I usually hang out at the car for a while, grab some food, watch all the idiots try and find their cars, it's quite comical and entertaining. Then leave once the lines start moving, usually about 40-60 minutes, not too bad if you don't live to far.

List of Officially Released Tracks:
    Thread -- Website / Document (Defunct) / Sheet (Defunct)
    Last Update: 09/06/2019
    Chumlee67 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2015, 07:54 PM   #127
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I can't remember the last time i stayed for the entire encore. I never think Mansfield will get more then 2 songs..once the second one starts I'll make my way to the car.

I also never park in the free lots.
    DMBstandUP1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2015, 09:26 PM   #128
    artiej1120

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

The pay lots aren't 2 miles away. You walk through the main lots and you're there. I do it every year and can't recommend it highly enough.
    artiej1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-18-2015, 05:10 AM   #129
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The pay lots aren't 2 miles away. You walk through the main lots and you're there. I do it every year and can't recommend it highly enough.
    They are a little bit of a hike, and the fact you can't leave and come back to your car to the point they put a cop there is a little extreme...but I'd never park anywhere else.
    Old 02-18-2015, 03:30 PM   #130
    artiej1120

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    They are a little bit of a hike, and the fact you can't leave and come back to your car to the point they put a cop there is a little extreme...but I'd never park anywhere else.
    Walk a half mile after the show and have to stay in the lot pre-show vs. sit in the lots until 1:30. I know which way I'm leaning.
    Old 02-21-2015, 11:01 AM   #131
    TempHelpNeeded
    Green Hat Guy

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Let's get this party started!!!!

TempHelpNeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2015, 02:23 PM   #132
    ScottieMorra
    Littering and.....

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

If anyone knows of anyone else looking to sell a Premier Parking pass for 1 car, please hit me up.

Also, when do they drop more tickets? Even with pre-sale, the best tix I could get was Section 12. Would love to try to get something closer.
    ScottieMorra is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2015, 12:32 PM   #133
    seekup41nancies

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TempHelpNeeded View Post
    Let's get this party started!!!!
    See ya there, Greg!
    Old 02-26-2015, 08:05 AM   #134
    obrienk362

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Hi all,

I've just experienced quite an odd/irritating situation with ticketmaster and wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else or if they have any advice. The day of the Citi Presale I bought 2 open air reserve seats. A few hours later I came across better seats and bought those also. ( Citi Presale 4 tickets total bought) During the public sale by some miracle got 2 pit tickets because I looked for individual seats best available. Our plan was to resell the other tickets or give them to friends. Two days ago ticketmaster emailed us and they canceled our pit seats because we purchased too many tickets. Has anyone ever heard of this happening?
    obrienk362 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2015, 09:55 AM   #135
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

My Tour Central Stats

Mmmmh, listening to Mansfield '13 N1

LBV was incredible. Great show
    The point is wash the produce.
    socopithy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #136
    Chumlee67
    A.K.A. Marshmont

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hi all,

I've just experienced quite an odd/irritating situation with ticketmaster and wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else or if they have any advice. The day of the Citi Presale I bought 2 open air reserve seats. A few hours later I came across better seats and bought those also. ( Citi Presale 4 tickets total bought) During the public sale by some miracle got 2 pit tickets because I looked for individual seats best available. Our plan was to resell the other tickets or give them to friends. Two days ago ticketmaster emailed us and they canceled our pit seats because we purchased too many tickets. Has anyone ever heard of this happening?
    I have never heard of this happening, then again it doesnt surprise me that Ticketmaster screwed you over. I hate Ticketmaster and have been screwed over by them multiple times. My only guess is that they accidentally got listed and messed up on their part so they screwed you to cover their asses.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:15 AM   #137
    obrienk362

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chumlee67 View Post
    I have never heard of this happening, then again it doesnt surprise me that Ticketmaster screwed you over. I hate Ticketmaster and have been screwed over by them multiple times. My only guess is that they accidentally got listed and messed up on their part so they screwed you to cover their asses.
    I agree. Ticketmaster sucks. The whole ticket buying process in general is so stressful, but ticketmaster has been spectacularly awful in this circumstance. At this point we're just goin to have to move on and enjoy the show from the seats we have! Thanks for the reply!
    obrienk362 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2015, 11:49 AM   #138
    TrippingCrushCT

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hi all,

This happens all the time. There is a whole thread about it in the WH. TM is really strict about the ticket limits and for some people out right cancelled their entire order. If you want to buy a bunch of tickets from them you need to use different credit cards, with different names on them, and ship the tickets to a different household.
    TrippingCrushCT is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2015, 06:31 AM   #139
    efcee3

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

First time in Mansfield this year. Any suggestions for hotels/motels/inns? A quick look on google maps it doesn't look like there's anything within walking distance to the venue.

Thanks!
    efcee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2015, 07:34 PM   #140
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by efcee3 View Post
    First time in Mansfield this year. Any suggestions for hotels/motels/inns? A quick look on google maps it doesn't look like there's anything within walking distance to the venue.

Thanks!
    yea. in terms of walking distance there is really zero options. there really isn't much at all around the venue besides a gas station and some offices.
    DMBstandUP1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-06-2015, 07:07 AM   #141
    fuvonks
    Catching a buzz

Shows Seen: 98

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I got shut out by the Warehouse to my home venue. Looking for 4 together, if anyone is selling.
    fuvonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-07-2015, 09:10 AM   #142
    artiej1120

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fuvonks View Post
    I got shut out by the Warehouse to my home venue. Looking for 4 together, if anyone is selling.
    In my experience it might be easier to look for 2 and 2. I know it's not ideal and you'll want to sit as a group, but will probably be easier getting in. I'll keep an eye out for you though.
    Old 03-13-2015, 08:29 AM   #143
    Chumlee67
    A.K.A. Marshmont

My Tour Central Stats

Any chance we get Mansfield Jam back this year?!

Old 03-14-2015, 11:43 AM   #144
    CrushLive
    #dmb2encores

Shows Seen: 136

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

I'm hoping for the rare "Rain Delay"...epic jam in that

9/4/16 - Columbia River Survivor - Never Forget!

Hello Again Part 2: SPAC
    CrushLive is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-25-2015, 07:07 PM   #145
    jackisback24
    He's using hypnosis!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Ticket drop on TM...pulling sec 4 Row R seats 24 and 25 and Sec 8 Row T.
    jackisback24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-26-2015, 08:45 AM   #146
    iammine

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Parking is available on LN
    iammine is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-28-2015, 05:13 PM   #147
    dmbate88

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

anyone ever sit in the box seats at Mansfield? Any good?
    Old 03-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #148
    artiej1120

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbate88 View Post
    anyone ever sit in the box seats at Mansfield? Any good?
    They're the back row of the front three sections. Great seats depending on how centered you are. Plenty of space too.
    Old 03-28-2015, 06:57 PM   #149
    dmbate88

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    They're the back row of the front three sections. Great seats depending on how centered you are. Plenty of space too.
    Awesome! I believe we are right behind section 2. It will definitely be nice to have more space. It also says we have in seat service...hoping that's the case!
    Old 03-29-2015, 03:59 AM   #150
    artiej1120

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbate88 View Post
    Awesome! I believe we are right behind section 2. It will definitely be nice to have more space. It also says we have in seat service...hoping that's the case!
    That's another perk. You have some of the best seats in the house