2016 Race to the White House - Page 563 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 12:52 PM   #16861
cazzie34
Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2016 Race to the White House

Which candidate has forced/pressured the most women to get abortions? I'm guessing the score is prettttyyyy pretttyyyy pretttyyy close.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-27-2016, 01:04 PM   #16862
    kydmb99
    Jorts

Shows Seen: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Sorry haven't really thought of specific policies for a hypothetical political party haha but off the top of my head, here are probably a few:

- Some type of cut off point for abortions (after first trimester?). It's pretty clear that after a certain point, it's no longer a "glob of cells" and in my opinion, a human being deserving of legal protection. Wouldn't be opposed to exceptions in case life of mother is compromised.
    - Public policies that do everything to reduce the demand for abortions. Obviously pushing abstinence would be part of it but I'm not naive. Easy access to birth control would also be important, especially in lower income areas.
    - Policies that promote adoption as an alternative.

Again, this is on the fly without a whole lot of thought but I guess that could be a general outline of potential policy.

Personally, I wish abortion were basically illegal. I think it's a barbaric, disgusting procedure that I hope we look back on in shame one day. However, I'm also pragmatic. I think there needs to be a cut off point but I'm not naive enough to think Roe vs. Wade is going to be overturned and I have some reservations about whether it should be completely.

I think in general, the philosophy would fall in between the "Restriction on all abortion" stance of the far right and the "unlimited abortion on demand" stance of the far left.

Last edited by kydmb99; 10-27-2016 at 01:08 PM.
    Old 10-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #16863
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

IUD's and abortions should be handed out like halloween candy. in fact, when a girl starts her monthly cycle (at whatever age), i'm cool with state issued IUD's.
    Old 10-27-2016, 01:22 PM   #16864
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kydmb99 View Post
    Sorry haven't really thought of specific policies for a hypothetical political party haha but off the top of my head, here are probably a few:

- Some type of cut off point for abortions (after first trimester?). It's pretty clear that after a certain point, it's no longer a "glob of cells"
    and in my opinion, a human being deserving of legal protection. Wouldn't be opposed to exceptions in case life of mother is compromised.
    - Public policies that do everything to reduce the demand for abortions. Obviously pushing abstinence would be part of it but I'm not naive. Easy access to birth control would also be important, especially in lower income areas.

Again, this is on the fly without a whole lot of thought but I guess that could be a general outline of potential policy.

Personally, I wish abortion were basically illegal. I think it's a barbaric, disgusting procedure that I hope we look back on in shame one day. However, I'm also pragmatic. I think there needs to be a cut off point but I'm not naive enough to think Roe vs. Wade is going to be overturned and I have some reservations about whether it should be completely.

I think in general, the philosophy would fall in between the "Restriction on all abortion" stance of the far right and the "unlimited abortion on demand" stance of the far left.

That will just push the argument further out. The claims like "there are fingernails after 2 weeks!" is just what you will run into.

I could maybe understand a cutoff point of the end of the second trimester.

Abortions are never going to just stop happening so we arent gonna get to a point where we "look back in shame"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    Old 10-27-2016, 01:23 PM   #16865
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

- Some type of cut off point for abortions (after first trimester?). It's pretty clear that after a certain point, it's no longer a "glob of cells" and in my opinion, a human being deserving of legal protection. Wouldn't be opposed to exceptions in case life of mother is compromised.

My thoughts on reducing abortion.

1. Adoption needs to be easier, more accessible and more affordable. Perhaps a tax credit when women put their children up for adoption (though not too much, people could take advantage of that by having babies for profit).
    2. Republicans need to quit advocating to cut programs that aid young mothers and children. I get it, they don't like social programs that aid the needy, but if they care more about abortion lessening, they need to quit being "pro-birth" and act truly "pro-life" by valuing life at ALL ages, not just when it's in the womb.

If there were more programs that aided women and children and the GOP quit fighting to cut them, I guarantee abortions would lessen.
    Old 10-27-2016, 01:26 PM   #16866
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The more time goes on, the more I think Trumpism is the future of the GOP
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VTDMBNH View Post
    ^or the end of the GOP. Hard to say at this point.
    Both party's could split in the future.

Trump's supporters could lead one, Paul Ryan's the other.

Then, it's also possible Warren splits the Dems the same way taking the Bernie crowd and leaving labor and African Americans in the other wing.

What would be interesting in this scenario is that it would be likely that no one candidate got to 270 EC votes and Congress would pick the President.

It could happen in the near future.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Old 10-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #16867
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Most women (like pretty much every woman) wants to get an abortion in the first trimester anyway. Pain (both mental, physical, and emotional) goes way up the longer you go. I think Roe does a pretty good job of finding a balance. Late term abortions are rare already, even when legal.
    Old 10-27-2016, 01:33 PM   #16868
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post

1. Adoption needs to be easier, more accessible and more affordable. Perhaps a tax credit when women put their children up for adoption (though not too much, people could take advantage of that by having babies for profit).
    2. Republicans need to quit advocating to cut programs that aid young mothers and children. I get it, they don't like social programs that aid the needy, but if they care more about abortion lessening, they need to quit being "pro-birth" and act truly "pro-life" by valuing life at ALL ages, not just when it's in the womb.

If there were more programs that aided women and children and the GOP quit fighting to cut them, I guarantee abortions would lessen.
    The bold is so much truth. The amount of hoops my aunt and uncle had to jump through to get a child was ri.dic.u.lous.
    Old 10-27-2016, 01:37 PM   #16869
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Well said. I think that's a good description of what a moderate stance on abortion could look like and I think the GOP would do itself a huge favor by adopting it (pardon my pun.)
    Old 10-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #16870
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    The bold is so much truth. The amount of hoops my aunt and uncle had to jump through to get a child was ri.dic.u.lous.
    When I was a single dad I tried to adopt and was basically told I would have no luck adopting and if I did I would be on a long, long waiting list.
    Old 10-27-2016, 01:58 PM   #16871
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

When is the next Trump Vid or Hot Mic gonna drop? I'm jonesin, man. Need a fix!
    Old 10-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #16872
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.newyorker.com/cartoons/da...7th-texas-blue

Love it.

#maketexasblueagain
    Old 10-27-2016, 02:23 PM   #16873
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Texas wont be blue within the next 4 elections at least
    Old 10-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #16874
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Hey LastPig, sorry to hear about your fiancee at her work. Good example of how hurtful locker room talk can be. And how poisonous shitty bosses who don't care about anyone except themselves can be.

Keeping it in this thread since I made a political jab.
    Old 10-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #16875
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    Hey LastPig, sorry to hear about your fiancee at her work. Good example of how hurtful locker room talk can be. And how poisonous shitty bosses who don't care about anyone except themselves can be.

Keeping it in this thread since I made a political jab.
    Thanks.

It all worked out in the end though. She has a better paying job that she likes more now with more PTO.

And she is still on good terms with the guy running the place now and he even offered that she can do closings for them on nights/weekends to make extra cash if she wanted.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    Old 10-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #16876
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

radio douchebag.

info wars.

yadda yadda.

let's focus on the facts. did hillary have a closed door meeting with the elections chairwoman in broward county? the most important county in Florida, one of the historically most important states of the EC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2UzPwNRSH8
    Old 10-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #16877
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arby View Post
    not if we build that wall!!!
    Old 10-27-2016, 02:32 PM   #16878
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

well? I'm not watching a 15 minute video so you need to tell me if she did and the evidence to support it.
    Old 10-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #16879
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    radio douchebag.

info wars.

yadda yadda.

let's focus on the facts. did hillary have a closed door meeting with the elections chairwoman in broward county? the most important county in Florida, one of the historically most important states of the EC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2UzPwNRSH8
    Is the source this tweet from @housecracka? https://theconservativetreehouse.fil...election-2.jpg
    Old 10-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #16880
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    it would be so cool

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arby View Post
    probably, but it would be so cool
    Old 10-27-2016, 02:59 PM   #16881
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

Shows Seen: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I'd love to see Utah go purple and Texas go blue.

That would be such a slap in the face to Grumpy-Trumpy
    Old 10-27-2016, 03:58 PM   #16882
    smokew11
    1-0

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post

well put. adoptions are extremely expensive and the process is difficult. I dont like the idea of tax credits for the birth mom though

Your 2nd point is so ridiculously true as well.
    - republican policies that cut sex ed (and many types of ed) programs, push abstinence
    - inner city teen without much parental support and underfunded education gets pregnant
    - repubs say she has to keep the child so she does
    - repubs says she shouldnt get aid- she shouldnt have gotten pregnant and since she did, she should get off her lazy ass
    Old 10-27-2016, 05:07 PM   #16883
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

glad no one was hurt http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politi...way/index.html
    Old 10-27-2016, 06:14 PM   #16884
    mrignatious

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    scary situation, glad everyone is ok.
    Old 10-27-2016, 06:32 PM   #16885
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/tren...otes/461264749

Hillary votes flipping to Trump. I guess the Hillary camp can also use the rigged theory now
    Old 10-27-2016, 06:36 PM   #16886
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Reports of that happening in Texas too, but the article I read on NPR said it was dumb old people who can't use a touch screen that was the issue.
    Old 10-27-2016, 06:54 PM   #16887
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Reports of that happening in Texas too, but the article I read on NPR said it was dumb old people who can't use a touch screen that was the issue.

Yea Trump was on FNC tonight talking about Texas lol
    Old 10-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #16888
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    http://www.fox25boston.com/news/tren...otes/461264749

Hillary votes flipping to Trump. I guess the Hillary camp can also use the rigged theory now
    Quote:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...eir-votes.html

it's happened the last 16 years with these bullshit digital machines. i don't trust them.

it's simply calibration issues. they just replaced an entire set in Houston yesterday. you'd think they would calibrate these fuckers in the six months before a big election every four years....

Last edited by justink; 10-27-2016 at 10:15 PM.
    Old 10-28-2016, 04:49 AM   #16889
    VTDMBNH

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

You just have to be slightly smarter than a rock to vote properly - these machines show you a summary screen of your choices. If you don't like them, fix them.

Not a single one of these errors was voter fraud.
    Old 10-28-2016, 04:52 AM   #16890
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

You would be surprised. When I worked at Verizon Wireless we had a self check-in machine. All you had to do was enter your cell phone number, it would shock you how many people couldn't figure out what to do
    Closed Thread