2016 Race to the White House - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #121
dmbetc
Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2016 Race to the White House

I just wish our conversations were "Yeah well, my candidate does this positive thing!!" Instead we are all comparing the negatives.

Not surprised with the choices though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
Go Kings Go.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #122
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    Okay, people. Keep in mind that when you are POTUS, there are a number of checks and balances in place that don't allow Trump to just "make decisions."

I've said it before, if you're actually "scared" of Trump being president because he could start a nuclear war, you're literally stupid.
    What are you scared of Hillary doing, if anything? Or it's just purely you don't like her. Which is fine, not saying otherwise.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:14 PM   #123
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Sounds just like Trump as well.

You can argue til youre blue in the face, but most here arent going to buy that Trump is less of this than Hillary. There are other factors that play into it as well, like social views hillary has that Im guessing line up more with most here than what Trump has to offer.
    I've never said he was. They're both the absolute worst. Yeah, Hillary is so tolerant.

Oh, was that serious? I mean, between her "marriage is between a man and a woman" comment, "black people are super-predators" comment, and "we need to know who these people are coming into this country" comment (referring to Muslims), she's super progressive!!

Hilarious the excuses people make so they can look at themselves in the mirror after voting for this criminal that would only stop in the street if you were bleeding out to check if there was cash in your wallet.

I already said that I won't vote Trump or Hillary, so spare any response about Trump. It's not about Trump. It's about people who think they're decent people fooling themselves into thinking that voting for her doesn't make them a POS.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:14 PM   #124
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Reminds me of the old phrase, "Republicans want government so small it can fit in your bedroom and inside a woman's uterus."

Never have heard that, but that's funny.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:14 PM   #125
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    I just wish our conversations were "Yeah well, my candidate does this positive thing!!" Instead we are all comparing the negatives.

This is why modern politics suck. It's always let me show you why your person sucks, as opposed to let me show you why my person is good.

And I certainly don't exclude myself from being part of this problem.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #126
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Okay, people. Keep in mind that when you are POTUS, there are a number of checks and balances in place that don't allow Trump to just "make decisions."

I've said it before, if you're actually "scared" of Trump being president because he could start a nuclear war, you're literally stupid.
    This. Without consent of Congress he cannot do much except issue executive orders - we all know how those work out. Also, if anyone thinks he is going to order a nuclear strike I think they need to read up on the two man rule for a nuclear attack.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #127
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    First bold yes, that's bound to happen anyway, though. If I become some millionaire music business person, I'll be doing way more business with other millionaire music business people, not really people at the level I'm at now; that's just how it evolves.

For the last part, I get that powerful people get together and talk about stuff, but even if they do call themselves the Illuminati, it's still just dudes doing business with each other. I don't get why the secret society aspect of it really matters. Some Russian billionaire who's not in the Illuminati isn't going to be scared of them; he can have all of them and their families killed just by being part of the having-way-too-much-money club.
    Agreed. I dont really know the influence or reasoning behind it. Im sure if you dug deep enough there some kind of spiritual devil/god aspects to it.

Im very interested in that type of stuff, not that I believe all of it but I like to listen to and read about it.

I look at stuff like Lebron throwing supposed triple 6 and devil horn hand signals at games, or used to at least. Theres some kind of deeper meaning to groups like that, there just has to be, whatever it is.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:17 PM   #128
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What are you scared of Hillary doing, if anything? Or it's just purely you don't like her. Which is fine, not saying otherwise.
    I'm not scared of Hillary doing anything but the idea of rewarding a sociopathic criminal is outside of the scope of something I can accept. Furthermore, I said at the very outset that I would take anyone but Clinton or Bush. Of course that was WAY before anyone knew Trump would actually win the nomination, so now I'm kind of fucking stuck.

I'm going to go ahead and vote for Gary Johnson. At least I'll be able to respect myself afterwards even though he won't win because everyone else is so "scared."
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:17 PM   #129
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Tat is the problem, we have a pick your poison election because both major candidates are hugely flawed. We deserve better in the oval office than clinton or trump.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #130
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Its more than that. He can sour years of positive relationships with other countries in a matter of words. The guy is a nuclear bomb himself.
    I've said it before but check out Pete Souza's instagram. He is Official White House photographer. First, you'll see that Obama isn't a monster, second you'll see that the president is basically meeting with foreign leaders all the time. Shows how important keeping up those relationships really is.

In the private world Donald can just do business with another contractor or declare bankruptcy. In the public world he's gotta deal with whoever the leader is, whether good or bad.

The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think and the more anxiously I inquire; the less I seem to know.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #131
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Hilary - 88%
    Stein - 84%
    Johnson - 82%
    Trump - 54%
    Castle - 46%
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #132
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've never said he was. They're both the absolute worst. Yeah, Hillary is so tolerant.

Oh, was that serious? I mean, between her "marriage is between a man and a woman" comment, "black people are super-predators" comment, and "we need to know who these people are coming into this country" comment (referring to Muslims), she's super progressive!!

Hilarious the excuses people make so they can look at themselves in the mirror after voting for this criminal that would only stop in the street if you were bleeding out to check if there was cash in your wallet.

I already said that I won't vote Trump or Hillary, so spare any response about Trump. It's not about Trump. It's about people who think they're decent people fooling themselves into thinking that voting for her doesn't make them a POS.
    Youre assuming people are believing that though. Most here seem to acknowledge that they are both horrible, horrible candidates.

I know what kind of POS Hillary is. I just simply think shes more fit to run a country than Donald.

You railing specifically on Hill comes off as you defending trump, thats why youre getting backlash.

Quote:
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:19 PM   #133
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    why not just vote him down?
    Good question. I guess probably cause that would make them look worse....somehow
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #134
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    and in 1974 she was working on the inquiry about impeaching Nixon. She did some research, taught some law courses and occasionally was forced to make an oral argument to stay licensed. Then in 1976 she was the wife of the AK Attorney General. Then in 1978 she became first lady of AK for 2 years before Bill was tossed out, then they voted him back in in 1983 so she stayed first lady of AK until 1992 when Bill was elected President and stayed in white house for 8 years. She then served in the senate from 2000 to 2008 before she ran against obama. Then she was quickly put into the role of Secretary of State for 4 years and then was dumped in favor of Kerry wherein she promptly set her sights on the 2016 election. If that is not the perfect path for a career politician to take in life I don't know what is.

It could equally be applied to Bill but in reality hillary only took cases when she absolutely had to because she was forced to be counsel for someone. Yeah, she made a boatload of case at the Rose law firm but she virtually never actually argued a case in a court, most of her time there was spent on lobbying and influence peddling.
    Dude, you did all this research in the first paragraph about Bills life but not even look at what Hillary did during that time. She did more than be his wife.

Also, being a lawyer isn't just about being in the courtroom. Plenty of lawyers (in fact most) don't set foot inside a courtroom.

The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think and the more anxiously I inquire; the less I seem to know.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:21 PM   #135
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    I've said it before but check out Pete Souza's instagram. He is Official White House photographer. First, you'll see that Obama isn't a monster, second you'll see that the president is basically meeting with foreign leaders all the time. Shows how important keeping up those relationships really is.

In the private world Donald can just do business with another contractor or declare bankruptcy. In the public world he's gotta deal with whoever the leader is, whether good or bad.
    So much this.

In business he can tell people to fuck off and screw with them and he wipes his hands clean and never has to deal with them again.

Its the complete opposite in politics.

Add in he's gonna let Pence be his policy leader abroad. How does that look to other nations when Trump either doesnt show face to those meetings or lets Pence handle all the diplomacy while he sits there?

Quote:
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:21 PM   #136
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

To be fair, I was raised Republican and said the same thing about same sex marriage until 2010 when I evolved on that issue and began to lean more liberal. People do evolve on things.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:22 PM   #137
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I think HRC had to work when Billo was governor, since he only made like 30k a year

As much as the clusterfuck of a Trump Presidency appeals to me, foreign policy is where I have some common sense knocked into me. Not that HRC's foreign policy is any good (its basically the same as Dubya / Cheney / Obama), but Trump is going to offend and turn off many of our alleged allies.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:25 PM   #138
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This is why modern politics suck. It's always let me show you why your person sucks, as opposed to let me show you why my person is good.

And I certainly don't exclude myself from being part of this problem.
    In all fairness, it would be a lot easier if the other person wasn't Trump.

At the end of the day, it's like we're comparing shit sandwiches. As Sarah mentioned prior, there's a tiny bit of her that wants to see the dumpster fire if Trump is elected.

I'm kind of in the same boat but not just to see the dumpster fire but to see if that's a first step towards real change in our political system. As it stands now, we've basically regressed back to the machine running as smoothly as ever.

It's eye-opening to me to see how many Bernie Sanders supporters are just lying down and accepting the fact that the primary was rigged against you the whole time and now are rank in file falling in line for the person who rigged the primary. And yes, I get that the loser of the primary typically backs the winner, but this is just so much different.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:25 PM   #139
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    I think HRC had to work when Billo was governor, since he only made like 30k a year

As much as the clusterfuck of a Trump Presidency appeals to me, foreign policy is where I have some common sense knocked into me. Not that HRC's foreign policy is any good (its basically the same as Dubya / Cheney / Obama), but Trump is going to offend and turn off many of our alleged allies.
    We've got legal Cuban cigars now, right? How bad could he have been?
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #140
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

wish I could just vote Obama third term
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #141
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    Bingo. Maybe he'd do great things domestically, but I just can't take that risk foreign policy wise.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #142
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

My Tour Central Stats

Romney should hop on the ticket as an independent
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:27 PM   #143
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    Now I know what it is like to have affection for your president. I get why people were so in love with JFK now.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.

Last edited by dmbetc; 07-27-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #144
    AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post
    arby hit nail on head in other thread

clintons = underwoods

is that the worst thing?
    obviously they (bill and hillary) are both politicians to the gills
    and with that, comes everything that sucks about politicians

that said, it's a better cog in the wheel than the alternative
    and i still don't think it's a close one

mitt is sitting at home wishing he took the last election cycle off, so he could make his second run now...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arby View Post
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Hq4DYXhDkEvHW/giphy.gif

dat mitt fatigue tho

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #145
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arby View Post
    When he made that big anti-Trump speech I thought it was going to be the beginning of the GOP finding a way to ease him into the nomination.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #146
    pathetic
    Liberate a solid set!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

yeah pretty much.

I haven't heard a single person say why they're voting for Hillary without mentioning trump.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #147
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    Im waiting for some news outlet to report something like:

With such horrible candidates, is Obama going to appoint himself to a 3rd term?

This has been a legitimate gripe by the crazy far right winged people. My friend's grandma still believe this will happen.

Quote:
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #148
    FromTheMorning

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Trump is the butt of jokes around the globe. Not well-respected at all. He is unbelievably arrogant, claims global warming is a Chinese hoax, has the vocabulary of a 7-year old, talks as if the U.S. can be operated like a casino (which doesn't bode well), hasn't the slightest clue about foreign government, is oblivious to what's happening in the Middle East, thinks he can compromise our judicial system, cons people out of money, believes defaulting on our national debt would be a wise idea, thinks deporting 11 million Mexicans is not only the right thing to do but is also feasible. The list goes on. He is an absolute imbecile and has no business running a country.
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:31 PM   #149
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Im waiting for some news outlet to report something like:

With such horrible candidates, is Obama going to appoint himself to a 3rd term?

This has been a legitimate gripe by the crazy far right winged people. My friend's grandma still believe this will happen.
    I'm still waiting on him to declare martial law, appoint himself emperor, move us into FEMA camps, invade and take over Texas and take my guns.

It's like he's not even trying
    Old 07-27-2016, 02:32 PM   #150
    ryguy469

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I would vote for Obama* third term over this mess we have now

*did not vote for Obama either of the past two elections

Last edited by ryguy469; 07-27-2016 at 02:34 PM.
    Closed Thread