Dating is miserable - Page 1215 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #36421
UTTAD83
Mr. Rodgers

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
You're never going to get that Ben. That's not how breakups work. People just simply are not going to bend over backwards apologizing to someone they are no longer with. It's a source of tension and frustration, and hence most people avoid it.

The fact that she texted you though, means she was thinking about you. Maybe she actually had feelings of missing you, who knows. But bringing up the breakup and the bad feelings only made her clam up whatever urge there was to talk to you. You have to realize you'll never get that "satisfaction" you are looking for from an apology. The only way you get it is by living your life better than she is living hers.
I know. I was drunk. I went against better judgement and decides to hang out with her. I wasn't going to bring it up, but I did. I just wanted her to realize how she ended things really hurt me. I didn't get that when things happened. I got stuff off my chest that I've Been holding in for months. I just re confirmed the fact that shes a shitty immature girl. She couldnt even say why it was that she has Been thinking of me and wanting to see me. She just avoids anything serious and won't face reality with anything. I'm Fine today, last Night.it sucked I admit. More so that I was disappointed in myself for even talking to her and seei.g her. I'm with good friends today drinking, hanging and going to.see the head and the heart later. Just needed to say some things to her that I wanted to say for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bila View Post
i went to bed at 6pm cuz i was so high from smoking too much of this good weed. you cant overdose, you can just pass out.
UTTAD83 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #36422
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Another Bad Luck Brian:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...6ymvo1_400.jpg

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2012, 05:51 AM   #36423
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

Shows Seen: 107

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UTTAD83 View Post
    I hate myself right now. I mean really hate myself. I got another message from Sam earlier. Said hey, I'm at summerfest (huge music fest here), I wanna see you... or not. Just please text me. I knew right away not to. But I did. We agreed to meet up after a show, and I went and met her and a friend. It was, well, awkward. Didn't really know what to say, lots of awkward silence. Finally her friend left, and she asked me why I was so quiet. I just said well it's really weird being here, and I don't know what to say. She said well it's nothing serious I just wanted to say hi and see how you were.

This is where things started to go south. We were both drunk/drinking, so I said well you know what, didn't really expect you to send me a message, and I don't know what to say or how to not feel weird right now. Then I just said it "You really hurt me, and I don't know how you thought I'd just show up and act like nothing ever happened, but I think I'm owed an explanation and an apology for being treated like shit when all I ever did was be there for you"

Well, she just said I don't want to talk about that this isn't serious I just wanted to know how you were and to hang out. Really? You knew exactly how I'd feel, and after questioning your original message as to why you're "thinking" about me, knew that I was skeptical even talking. The fact that I confront you and you can't even acknowledge that you're an immature bitch who fucked me over just hurts, again. Just admit you fucked me over, just admit you are immature but don't say "I don't wanna talk about that".

Every conflict she's ever dealt with she's avoided, but for fucks sake just man up and talk to me. At least acknowledge the pain you caused me. Don't act as if I'm making it a big deal when you're the one who keeps coming out of the woodwork and asking to talk to me. I knew better, it's my fault for even responding, but seriously just fucking stop with your bullshit and own up to what you did.
    I think I recall someone around here making a comment about how being nice to her and talking to her and keeping her in your phone is a big fucking trap, and that you should cut off all ties and just avoid her so as not to contact her....but then that same person was called harsh, unrealistic and "wrong".

I wonder who that person was, because yeah, they were way off with that advice.
    Calm down, 12.
    dmbgodagirl41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #36424
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
    Yesterday was a fun day. We woke up at 8 and walked a nature trail nearby. We found a painted turtle just walking around on the path: Mr. Turtle Mr. Turtle 2

That was a long two hours. I'm sore today from all the hills. After a quick nap, we were off to take our French cooking class. Dinner Time, Wine Time: Paris. It was a four course meal, and there were 4 teams of 2. Kelsey and I were in charge of the Ratatouille. I can't BELIEVE how good it turned out.

Bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic, and Herbes de provence

Sauteed eggplant and zucchini

Almost finished, just need to cover with foil and oven it for 10 minutes

It was a really fun date. I highly recommend it. We also sampled 4 different glasses of wine periodically throughout the preparation and dinner. Here are the final products:

Ratatouille

Salad Lyonnaise - Poached Egg and Bacon Salad

Steak au Poivre and Dijon Whipped Potatoes

Boule de Niege - Flourless Chocolate Pate w/ Chantilly Cream

Unreal good. All 4 courses were un-Godly. It was the best I'd eaten since Italy. I now have the recipe for all of these too. The Ratatouille will be made again for sure.

That main course Filet Mignon was just too good to even eat. Wow I wish I could just re-live that dinner every night.
    Bump for pictures of delicious food.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Old 07-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #36425
    UTTAD83
    Mr. Rodgers

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbgodagirl41 View Post
    I think I recall someone around here making a comment about how being nice to her and talking to her and keeping her in your phone is a big fucking trap, and that you should cut off all ties and just avoid her so as not to contact her....but then that same person was called harsh, unrealistic and "wrong".

I wonder who that person was, because yeah, they were way off with that advice.
    Hmm I can't recall who it was. Don't think we have that person around here

I got to say what I needed to say. I feel better, got things off my chest that were there for months. Helped me realize how stupid i was to even date her in the first place.

Anyways, I'm hungover as fuck sitting in Jim and Marissa's basement. Ugh. Ouch. Fucking head hurts.

Quote:
    i went to bed at 6pm cuz i was so high from smoking too much of this good weed. you cant overdose, you can just pass out.
    Old 07-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #36426
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks for the pictures of what happens when you put certain foods together and heat them up. I've never seen such a thing.
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 07-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #36427
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I got to say what I needed to say. I feel better, got things off my chest that were there for months. Helped me realize how stupid i was to even date her in the first place.

Anyways, I'm hungover as fuck sitting in Jim and Marissa's basement. Ugh. Ouch. Fucking head hurts.
    So, delete her phone number out of your phone, or are you still of the opinion that it's something you should have?

Also, get some Chipotle and Gatorade STAT. And say hi to Jim and Rissa for me. I miss them (I miss all you guys).
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 07-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #36428
    UTTAD83
    Mr. Rodgers

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So, delete her phone number out of your phone, or are you still of the opinion that it's something you should have?

Also, get some Chipotle and Gatorade STAT. And say hi to Jim and Rissa for me. I miss them (I miss all you guys).
    Oh it's gone. I'm not talking to her ever again. Not a chance. We aren't/can't be friends, I said what I needed, no reason to ever talk again.

Yeah, I can't drive yet haha. Went outside to get Grux from the yard and was like it is that blazing ball of fire up there it's so bright lol. I'll say hey if they ever get the fuck up haha.

Quote:
    Old 07-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #36429
    pathetic
    Liberate a solid set!

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

i'd take this over being at work 10x/10
    pathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #36430
    UTTAD83
    Mr. Rodgers

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    i'd take this over being at work 10x/10
    So glas I'm off today haha

Quote:
    Old 07-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #36431
    thebestauntie
    My love

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I didn't get his phone number and didn't leave mine, so even if he regrets it, I won't know. Boom, roasted.

I'm not doing Alpine this year due to weddings and other expenses that have come up.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ashley J View Post
    I was just noting in another thread that there should be a support group for those of us that can't make it this year It's traumatizing shit.
    Quote:
    I totally agree....there should be some kind of support for those of us who can't make it due to adult decisions.

It's just that...horse shit. I'll be there in '13, though. Ice everyone for me, for realz.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by water_into_wine View Post
    It sucks so much.
    Yeah seriously, I'm with Ashley we need a support group, I'm so not going to make it through this upcoming weekend without a breakdown of one sort or another.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Best team. Best city.
    thebestauntie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #36432
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I feel like I've been losing my mind again I'll deal I guess.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #36433
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    I feel like I've been losing my mind again I'll deal I guess.

What about?

- Stephen Colbert
    Old 07-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #36434
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Man, everything. I feel like I'm going in circles with the dating scene. I'm not even trying too hard and it's been annoying. Like I said, I'll deal I guess

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #36435
    Dramageek
    Zounds!

Shows Seen: 56

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebestauntie View Post
    Yeah seriously, I'm with Ashley we need a support group, I'm so not going to make it through this upcoming weekend without a breakdown of one sort or another.
    I'll have enough fun for everybody as I am making my first trip!

Oh, dating is miserable. After taking some time to get to know each other, I went on two nice dates with this seemingly awesome girl that i was going on and on about earlier. Then she decided to play the, "I'm not going to respond to his messages anymore." Gah! Look, I understand things don't always work out. But ladies, if you discover you are not actually into a guy, just tell us! Say something like, "it was nice, but you are just not who I am looking for." Don't say, "Yeah, I would like to see you again," then disappear! We won't dissolve into a puddle if you give us bad news. In fact, outright ignoring us is worse, and a bit insulting!

Blah, I suck hard at dating! I always overthink things (damn my lawyer brain). I always feel like I try too hard or not hard enough.

Ah well, I get two straight weekends of DMB, Alpine then Pittsburgh!
    Dramageek is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #36436
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dramageek View Post
    I'll have enough fun for everybody as I am making my first trip!

Oh, dating is miserable. After taking some time to get to know each other, I went on two nice dates with this seemingly awesome girl that i was going on and on about earlier. Then she decided to play the, "I'm not going to respond to his messages anymore." Gah! Look, I understand things don't always work out. But ladies, if you discover you are not actually into a guy, just tell us! Say something like, "it was nice, but you are just not who I am looking for." Don't say, "Yeah, I would like to see you again," then disappear! We won't dissolve into a puddle if you give us bad news. In fact, outright ignoring us is worse, and a bit insulting!

Blah, I suck hard at dating! I always overthink things (damn my lawyer brain). I always feel like I try too hard or not hard enough.

Ah well, I get two straight weekends of DMB, Alpine then Pittsburgh!
    Men pull the ghost on me often. It's infuriating.
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 07-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #36437
    UTTAD83
    Mr. Rodgers

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Men pull the ghost on me often. It's infuriating.

Haha, I used to do this to a fuck buddy when Rachel and I were on a break. We'd hook up, and I'd lay in bed til she fell asleep then would be ghost like Swayze Just couldn't deal with staying over. Yeah, I was that guy.

Quote:
    Old 07-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #36438
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Haha, I used to do this to a fuck buddy when Rachel and I were on a break. We'd hook up, and I'd lay in bed til she fell asleep then would be ghost like Swayze Just couldn't deal with staying over. Yeah, I was that guy.
    That's fine. Get in, get off, get out, go home.

I mean, guys who tell me they think I'm awesome and that they'll call me during the week and then POOF. Maybe they all move to Spain?
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 07-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #36439
    Dramageek
    Zounds!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I mean, guys who tell me they think I'm awesome and that they'll call me during the week and then POOF. Maybe they all move to Spain?
    Probably to meat up with the women who do the same to me!
    Old 07-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #36440
    UTTAD83
    Mr. Rodgers

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Girls do the same. Let's face it, it's easier to avoid having to say something and just to ignore/not call them. Not that it's right, but you know that's what their mentality is.

I can't even do it with that girl who's a virgin. I talk to her still, but it's quite obvious she wants something more despite the numerous signals I've given her. I'm honestly quite shocked her friends haven't been like ok he's not in to you like that. She just doesn't get it, and I am avoiding having the awkward conversation of saying I only like you as a friend.

Quote:
    Old 07-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #36441
    UTTAD83
    Mr. Rodgers

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Probably to meat up with the women who do the same to me!

Haha, I texted someone over the weekend that we should meat up on Saturday night. They were like meat? Don't you mean meet? Oh, yeah, I mean I want our meat to meet up

Quote:
    Old 07-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #36442
    Dramageek
    Zounds!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Haha, I texted someone over the weekend that we should meat up on Saturday night. They were like meat? Don't you mean meet? Oh, yeah, I mean I want our meat to meet up
    Nice!
    Old 07-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #36443
    UTTAD83
    Mr. Rodgers

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Nice!

Sometimes I wish they just understood the Ants life. I need to do a better job separating internet stuff from my real life friends lol.

Quote:
    Old 07-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #36444
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Is it wrong that I never know what to say to guys when they brag about giving a woman orgasms?

I can't help but laugh and want to say "that is so cute you think that".
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 07-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #36445
    Typical Monkey

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Is it wrong that I never know what to say to guys when they brag about giving a woman orgasms?

I can't help but laugh and want to say "that is so cute you think that".
    Really the best thing to say right there. Any guy bragging about that is a Douche-tard.
    Typical Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #36446
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Typical Monkey View Post
    Really the best thing to say right there. Any guy bragging about that is a Douche-tard.
    I really try to behave and be nice. The male sexual ego is so fragile and I don't want to come across as a bitch.
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 07-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #36447
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You should have replied that you meant exactly what you texted.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #36448
    water_into_wine

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Pretty sure the other party would actually call you a bitch/asshole if you told them to your face that you didn't like them. There is no easy solution.
    water_into_wine is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #36449
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by water_into_wine View Post
    Pretty sure the other party would actually call you a bitch/asshole if you told them to your face that you didn't like them. There is no easy solution.
    So what? I'd rather be a bitch for being honest than a cowardly bitch for blowing someone off w/out explanation.
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 07-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #36450
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Didn't get to see fireworks (due to them being banned just about everywhere due to the drought and heat), but still had a great 4th!

Next up: Alpine. I still haven't told Kelsey any of my Alpine stories.

- Stephen Colbert