*** Official Southaven 2015 Thread *** - Page 10 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-21-2015, 08:44 AM   #271
tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Southaven 2015 Thread ***

One thing I can tell yall is that show was hell of a lot better than round 1 at southaven.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-21-2015, 09:22 AM   #272
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by atcibulas View Post
    There was a taper there, mic was mounted on the back right pole in Section 3 (middle section behind the pit).
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wxdudes View Post
    I saw two stacks. Too much chatter in the pit. Overall, good folks in the pit (outside of Blondie). At least up close.
    Awesome! I didn't see either of these! Only mics I saw where next to the sound booth an I thought they were a taper but I followed the wires right into the sound booth. I hope they share the tapes because I'd love to listen to that acoustic set again.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 10:20 AM   #273
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

first off, I thought it was a hell of a show, especially after arkansas. Yes it tapered off at the end, but it far exceeded my expectations overall. It was my first time in a PIT for dmb, and will never do it again. Far too many 'bros', drunk sluts, and drunk 16 year olds (the ones who act like they've followed "dave" the band since the beginning and try to impress with their lackof knowledge) yelling obnoxious shit. People keep trying to work their way infront of you, and act like you're the asshole for not letting them. Couldn't be happier with the outcome, but I'll take the seats on the next go around
    "I would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me I wouldn't want to hear it. I'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame, and then if I hit stormy seas I'd have myself to blame."
    OneLove41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 10:24 AM   #274
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneLove41 View Post
    first off, I thought it was a hell of a show, especially after arkansas. Yes it tapered off at the end, but it far exceeded my expectations overall. It was my first time in a PIT for dmb, and will never do it again. Far too many 'bros', drunk sluts, and drunk 16 year olds (the ones who act like they've followed "dave" the band since the beginning and try to impress with their lackof knowledge) yelling obnoxious shit. People keep trying to work their way infront of you, and act like you're the asshole for not letting them. Couldn't be happier with the outcome, but I'll take the seats on the next go around
    You just summed up the reasons why I don't do pit.

1. Drunk 16 year olds.
    2. Obnoxious people
    3. People who push you around
    4. People who try to push their way in front of you

I'm good, I like my reserved seats
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 10:24 AM   #275
    pzamps210

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Great great show. LL didn't ruin it for me at all. Add Billies after sledge and trade Grey St for BOWA and that set is basically a perfect mix of old and new.
    pzamps210 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 10:25 AM   #276
    pzamps210

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post

1. Drunk 16 year olds.
    2. Obnoxious people

Tuscaloosa will be my last PIT show Ive already decided haha
    pzamps210 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 10:31 AM   #277
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

1. Drunk 16 year olds.
    2. Obnoxious people

It's a shame for us... One of these lovely drunk girls kept insisting that LBV was a new song and we were the first to hear it. I don't know why, but I felt the need to make her look stupid so I told her it was a Johnny Cash song that the band covers from time to time. Then I got "Oh... Johnny cash??? um, doesn't he guest with them?"........ Holy shit, fuck me
    "I would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me I wouldn't want to hear it. I'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame, and then if I hit stormy seas I'd have myself to blame."

Last edited by OneLove41; 05-21-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    OneLove41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 10:36 AM   #278
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's a shame for us... One of these lovely drunk girls kept insisting that LBV was a new song and we were the first to hear it. I don't know why, but I felt the need to make her look stupid so I told her it was a Johnny Cash song that the band covers from time to time. Then I got "Oh... Johnny cash??? um, doesn't he guest with them?"........ Holy shit, fuck me
    Last night, two guys next to us were talking about the Arkansas setlist going, "Bro, I saw the Arkansas setlist, it was sick! Some of the songs said LL next to them, I don't know what that means - usually they're guests!"

Drunk chick behind me yelling "Warehoooousseeeeee!" every 5 minutes. Later in the show she started yelling "LOVELY LADIES!!!!" ever few minutes.

Chick a few rows in front of us MAD chiefing an e-cigarette and blowing her smoke in people's faces and shit until a security lady came over and told her to knock it off.

And someone behind me smoking some horrible smelling weed. I don't smoke it myself, but I assume if it smells bad it's not good or fresh or whatever. I've smelled other friends who smoke it and it doesn't smell bad, but this stuff smelled awful.

Some guy behind us when they started playing You & Me yelled out "This is my favorite Dave song!"

Then there was a couple of ladies behind us who were talking about their ticket and said "What's DMB2Sets - is that the name of the band?"

Last edited by chadizzy1; 05-21-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    Old 05-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #279
    aparker507

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

My gosh that's sad
    Old 05-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #280
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    but I felt the need to make her look stupid so I told her it was a Johnny Cash song that the band covers from time to time. Then I got "Oh... Johnny cash??? um, doesn't he guest with them?"........ Holy shit, fuck me
    Lol... if she was like a teenager still I could probably excuse her not knowing.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #281
    DMBFan8888
    This suit is black not

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I had a great time at this show. The LLs didn't really bring it down that much for me. That's the first time I've seen them at a show. That was my first time seeing LBV, and I was pretty damn satisfied with that. Seek Up and STJL were on point. Really looking forward to Tuscaloosa. I'm flying solo, so hopefully I can meet up with some Ants there...
    Old 05-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #282
    Floyd47

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

1. Drunk 16 year olds.
    2. Obnoxious people

In my experience, I've haven't had issues with drunk people in the pit. I've usually encountered people who really care about the music, which is why they are in the pit. But its super frustrating when drunk people take away from other people's experience. I can agree on 2-4 although I've really only had trouble with 4.

I'm expecting the Alpine pit to be a little more hostile than Dallas or Woodlands.
    Old 05-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #283
    sharilyn

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I think we got really lucky with our spot in the pit. We were about 5-6 people back in the middle..off to the right just a little. I had room to dance and didn't really deal with pushing or drunkenness. I loved the setlist but I usually only do 1-2 shows a year so I'm not very picky. I loved getting two step, typical, seek up and crush. And I love LBV and I enjoy the LL so all in all I was pleased!
    I think the most frustrating part of our whole experience was not having any port-a-potties in the lots...where are we supposed to pee?!?? We were in the "employee parking lot" supposedly ... were there bathrooms open in the lots by the fields? Luckily the guys working the VIP were nice and let us back there to pee.
    The venue was great - super small. Except no water fountains that I could find so I spent $10 on one of the reverb bottles to fill up. Also! I LOVED the beer bag idea! GENIUS! You pay $2 for a cooler bag and can get up to 6 16oz cans for $5/ea. We never had to leave the pit. We never even left to pee because were having such a great time in our spot.
    sharilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #284
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sharilyn View Post
    I think we got really lucky with our spot in the pit. We were about 5-6 people back in the middle..off to the right just a little. I had room to dance and didn't really deal with pushing or drunkenness. I loved the setlist but I usually only do 1-2 shows a year so I'm not very picky. I loved getting two step, typical, seek up and crush. And I love LBV and I enjoy the LL so all in all I was pleased!
    I think the most frustrating part of our whole experience was not having any port-a-potties in the lots...where are we supposed to pee?!?? We were in the "employee parking lot" supposedly ... were there bathrooms open in the lots by the fields? Luckily the guys working the VIP were nice and let us back there to pee.
    The venue was great - super small. Except no water fountains that I could find so I spent $10 on one of the reverb bottles to fill up. Also! I LOVED the beer bag idea! GENIUS! You pay $2 for a cooler bag and can get up to 6 16oz cans for $5/ea. We never had to leave the pit. We never even left to pee because were having such a great time in our spot.
    We went to the bathroom during set break and none of the sinks worked in the men's room. I thankfully found someone who had some GermX they let me use after I went to the bathroom.
    Old 05-21-2015, 11:42 AM   #285
    sharilyn

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We went to the bathroom during set break and none of the sinks worked in the men's room. I thankfully found someone who had some GermX they let me use after I went to the bathroom.
    Yeah, there is definitely still room for improvement at this place!
    sharilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 11:43 AM   #286
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Anybody notice the changes they made to the stage this year compared to 2013. I thought It was a lot nicer.

Last edited by tyler3440; 05-21-2015 at 11:45 AM.
    tyler3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 11:59 AM   #287
    swim09

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

My god this show had so much potential. BOWA or warehouse to close the set would have put me over the top. It was cool to see the LL's for the first time, but a set should never close with two straight covers. I still enjoyed myself immensely though. First time in the pit was awesome. I was in a yellowish Jimmy Buffett shirt. I apologize for my obnoxious friend if any of you were around me...

I think I saw a taper but it was close enough to the sound booth that it may have been the band's. I really hope there was one though.

ETA: Seriously, what the hell was the deal with the green apple Gatorade?

Last edited by swim09; 05-21-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    swim09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 12:05 PM   #288
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Men's bathrooms always had a super long wait every time I tried to go. Finally just went in the bushes behind the lawn

I hate everyone had typical DaVe fans around them. My section was great. Neighbors were super awesome. Got to sit down a lot of the show and still be able to see the stage clearly. It was the best crowd experience I've ever had at a DMB show.
    Old 05-21-2015, 12:30 PM   #289
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    Men's bathrooms always had a super long wait every time I tried to go. Finally just went in the bushes behind the lawn

I hate everyone had typical DaVe fans around them. My section was great. Neighbors were super awesome. Got to sit down a lot of the show and still be able to see the stage clearly. It was the best crowd experience I've ever had at a DMB show.
    My wife is like 4'11" so it's rare that she can ever see the stage but we lucked out last night with short folks in front of us
    Old 05-21-2015, 12:54 PM   #290
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

i really dont understand why you'd blow ecig smoke in someone's face...it goes away in like 0.000001 seconds
    Old 05-21-2015, 01:19 PM   #291
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by swim09 View Post
    My god this show had so much potential. BOWA or warehouse to close the set would have put me over the top. It was cool to see the LL's for the first time, but a set should never close with two straight covers. I still enjoyed myself immensely though. First time in the pit was awesome. I was in a yellowish Jimmy Buffett shirt. I apologize for my obnoxious friend if any of you were around me...

I think I saw a taper but it was close enough to the sound booth that it may have been the band's. I really hope there was one though.

ETA: Seriously, what the hell was the deal with the green apple Gatorade?
    I think you were behind me I had a light blue low spark t shirt on with a old Mississippi state hat on.
    Old 05-21-2015, 03:19 PM   #292
    pogoslis

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

1. Drunk 16 year olds.
    2. Obnoxious people

Thats crazy! My first PIT was at Dallas this year, and I could say the opposite for everything. I felt like I was the youngest at 24... Everyone was very polite, shared party favors and saved spots when you went to the bathroom. No pushing, and the atmosphere was great.

Depends on the venue I guess? Wonder what Gorge would be like

pogoslis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #293
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

This is the Gorge pit:

https://youtu.be/3x-N5N2vApQ
    Old 05-21-2015, 03:35 PM   #294
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pogoslis View Post
    Thats crazy! My first PIT was at Dallas this year, and I could say the opposite for everything. I felt like I was the youngest at 24... Everyone was very polite, shared party favors and saved spots when you went to the bathroom. No pushing, and the atmosphere was great.

That's literally the exact opposite of any pit I've ever seen
    Old 05-21-2015, 03:45 PM   #295
    Absolute34
    Phone Went West

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Not trying to make you look stupid, but it is actually a Lefty Frizzell song that Johnny Cash covered.
    Absolute34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 03:47 PM   #296
    Floyd47

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pogoslis View Post

I always feel like the youngest in the pit too. And I'm definitely not 16

I've had really good experiences in the Dallas pit the two years I've been there.
    Old 05-21-2015, 04:02 PM   #297
    UrsadonDMBAnts+ Site Supporter
    Mr. A-B

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

I had a great time in the pit last night. There was a guy from California there who was raving about the setlist and all the old tunes they played in Arkansas.

A few bros who were all at their first show who were very polite and bought scalped WH tickets for a couple hundred each

There was a guy who claimed he had been to 142 shows and hadn't heard LBV so that was cool. He also freaked out like a little girl when they played Crush.

Lastly there was a lone guy who clapped off beat the whole time through Sister which was just awkward.

My Instagram My Almanac
    UrsadonDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-21-2015, 04:22 PM   #298
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

There were several people in the pit experiencing dmb for the first time. this is including my friend who wasn't much of a dave fan before the show and had low expectation for the show and now he is blown away. He couldn't stop talking about the show on the way home.
    Old 05-22-2015, 06:40 AM   #299
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Really wishing I had seen the taper y'all were mentioning. Would've loved to bought him/her a beer.
    Old 05-22-2015, 08:53 AM   #300
    clemsontyger

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

This was my first show in years, and I enjoyed it immensely. Moved here 2 yrs ago and just missed the show. We were in the pit, and overall it was a good experience. But yea definitely annoyed by feeling I had to be constantly aware of some jackhole trying to discreetly or not so discreetly nudge in front of us. Or leaving my wife to hold our spot while I ran to get a beer (or 8) and getting texts from her to hurry back because she was getting pounded (not in a good way). Look Mr 6'0 guy...wife and I are both 5'6 or so...is it really that hard to stand right behind us and still have a great view? Other than that one item, for me it was a great time.

Sadly, I have still not tried the green apple gatorade...yet.
    clemsontyger is offline   Reply With Quote