Arrow (CW Show) - Page 13 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-05-2016, 08:27 AM   #361
Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Arrow (CW Show)

I'm kinda hoping it's the black guy - the new assistant/genius to Felicity. Forget his name but I read that his name is the same as an alter ego of a hero.

But that guy is the worst; his character serves no purpose whatsoever.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-05-2016, 09:58 AM   #362
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

He's supposed to be Mr. Terrific, apparently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Terrific_(comics)
    Old 02-05-2016, 10:25 AM   #363
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I'm kinda hoping it's the black guy - the new assistant/genius to Felicity. Forget his name but I read that his name is the same as an alter ego of a hero.

But that guy is the worst; his character serves no purpose whatsoever.
    That would make sense for Felicity's anger about it but not sure if Barry would show up for that and feel bad for Oliver on that one.

I started thinking maybe they brought back Roy now to set it up for his death later. I doubt it but it's something I thought of after this weeks episode.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2016, 04:55 PM   #364
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

But he's black and gay, diversity, diversity, diversity. I hate when these shows drop "diversity" into their shows like product placement. It's so obvious and bad.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2016, 07:04 PM   #365
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    But he's black and gay, diversity, diversity, diversity. I hate when these shows drop "diversity" into their shows like product placement. It's so obvious and bad.
    I think it's amazing that we can have LGBT characters in TV shows. It shows how far we've come that it's accepted by our society to have people of different backgrounds in TV shows.

But you already know my stance on this stuff
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2016, 07:05 PM   #366
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    nice twist at the end of the episode with the calculator..

nice to see Roy back too, but like everyone said, fuckin' eh, this show is so fucking bad
    They could kill off Roy, possibly. If they kill Roy or Thea they can still have one Red Arrow - whether it's Arsenal or Speedy.
    Old 02-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #367
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    I think it's amazing that we can have LGBT characters in TV shows. It shows how far we've come that it's accepted by our society to have people of different backgrounds in TV shows.

I don't necessarily disagree, but it just seemed very forced, both with the guy on Arrow and with the Captain of the PD on Flash. It's like they make a point to emphasize the homosexuality. I legitimately don't care whether they have gay characters, but their just basically announcing it out of context seemed like, almost too obvious, if that makes sense. It's almost like the producers/writers made them gay just for the sake of being gay, without any meaningful context or backstory like they'd flesh out with a straight character's love interest.
    Old 02-11-2016, 08:36 AM   #368
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

I liked last night's episode. Nice twist at the end.
    Old 02-11-2016, 12:18 PM   #369
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    He's supposed to be Mr. Terrific, apparently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Terrific_(comics)
    I knew that... but he's pretty bad.
    Quote:
    Quote:

I don't know why it's "amazing" - it feels forced and PC. I actually think it's kinda dumb.

but it worked for Sara and Nissa; after all it was Nissa that really nursed her back and trained her - that made perfect sense. For this guy to just show up it was just... odd...

Quote:
    I liked last night's episode. Nice twist at the end.
    I don't even remember what the twist was... the show is really losing my very short attention span.

the ring melting? Was that the twist?
    Old 02-11-2016, 01:14 PM   #370
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

I didn't mean it's not good to have diversity, but it's just so forced. For instance, in Flash they placed a line out of nowhere just to show the Captain was gay. It can be done, but the way these shows do it is so poorly.

I knew there was no way we were getting rid of Thea. I had an inkling of hope, but I knew they'd find a way to save her.

Jake, I think Chad was referring to Oliver "thanking" Merlyn for "all he's done", and then flash to the hospital scene where Nissa says she'll save Thea, but only if he kills Malcom.
    Old 02-11-2016, 03:01 PM   #371
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Never mind. Didn't realize I was an episode behind. I was wondering what you meant when you started talking about a ring melting.
    Old 02-11-2016, 03:04 PM   #372
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

I was talking about the twist that Merlin would mention Ollie's son. That was pretty intense.
    Old 02-11-2016, 05:36 PM   #373
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

I've mainly been watching because I feel like I have to ride this thing out to the end. But it's been more like background noise lately. I'll put it on and get the basic gist of what's going on, but the writing has just lost its way and focuses on terrible characters like Thea and Laurel. Episodes have been completely ruined by their presence. Can anyone out there actually say that they like those characters? And what's with Thea and how she "always....talks..like......this.....?" Fucking terrible.
    Old 02-11-2016, 07:30 PM   #374
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

I actually thought last night's episode was the best in a while. Even Felicity's understory was well-done. Writing was much better in this episode for sure.
    Old 02-12-2016, 04:32 AM   #375
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I actually thought last night's episode was the best in a while. Even Felicity's understory was well-done. Writing was much better in this episode for sure.
    love how they don't even bother with Felicity being in a wheelchair now; it's like she's always been like that

and good thing the Arrow Cave is ADA compliant; ramps everywhere!
    Old 02-12-2016, 06:24 AM   #376
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    love how they don't even bother with Felicity being in a wheelchair now; it's like she's always been like that

and good thing the Arrow Cave is ADA compliant; ramps everywhere!
    No depression issues or anything. Just wheeling around like nobody's business. This show has just gone off the rails for me. It's just become too silly and cheesy, and there are too many unlikable characters. Ray Palmer was the best thing to happen to the show in a long time and now he's off doing that other crummy show. It makes me nervous that Flash will only be good this season and then start to head off the rails mid-season next year.

Also, does anyone else notice that everyone is always talking somewhere in between a whisper and a normal voice? The acting and dialogue has just become so much more forced lately.
    Old 02-12-2016, 06:37 AM   #377
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

They seem to be struggling to fill a whole season now. We've had good episodes mixed in with not good ones. Maybe shorten the seasons up a bit and you won't have to do as much filler. We've still got 10 more episodes and you know that the big stuff won't be coming until the last 4 episodes or so.

As for Felicity not being depressed, it could have gone the other way too where they drag it out for too long too. TV shows never seem to get it right. They let it go on for too long where it distracts from the story or they make it seem like no big deal.

Quote:
    Old 02-12-2016, 08:23 AM   #378
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
    They seem to be struggling to fill a whole season now. We've had good episodes mixed in with not good ones. Maybe shorten the seasons up a bit and you won't have to do as much filler. We've still got 10 more episodes and you know that the big stuff won't be coming until the last 4 episodes or so.

As for Felicity not being depressed, it could have gone the other way too where they drag it out for too long too. TV shows never seem to get it right. They let it go on for too long where it distracts from the story or they make it seem like no big deal.
    Fair enough, I was only being partially serious. I just remember watching the latest episode and thinking, wow, she really bounced back from an incredibly life altering moment quite fast. Then I remember we're watching a TV show about people that can come back from the dead after being dipped in a pit of water.

I think you hit the nail on the head with suggesting a shorter season. That's something that's been proven to work perfectly. Look a show like Daredevil. There are 13 episodes in Season 1, and they managed to keep the viewer engaged from start to finish. It is definitely one of the best things Marvel has done in their entire Universe. Arrow, and even The Flash, could be SO much better if they cut the seasons short and just focused on the less fluffy, CW, teenage drama BS. I think I became a little less interested with the CW shows because of how great Marvel proved a comic book show could be. I know the DC TV Universe is different than the movies, but since Daredevil, it makes me wish the shows were more like that. Less fluff and more about the comic books. The shows just need to be more cohesive. What started as Green Arrow/Oliver's story has blossomed into telling the stories of Thea, Laurel, Detective Lance, Felicity, Diggle etc. etc. It's just become too much, and half of those story lines are focused on terrible characters like Thea. Essentially Arrow and Flash are just silly CW teen dramas dressed up in superhero costumes. It's frustrating as a DC fan. I want to love these shows, but they're just getting so lame. I'm cringing at the dialogue half of the time. The Flash has been a lot of fun, but I'm not confident it will stay that way given the direction Arrow went.
    Old 02-12-2016, 08:32 AM   #379
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Arrow Season 2 was undeniably great, but they lost a lot of steam with Season 3 and when the flashbacks became less and less related to the present storyline. The thing that made Slade/Deathstroke work was that he and Oliver had a long history on the island. Ra's and Darhk might as well be the same person when you look at their motivations and their resources.
    Old 02-12-2016, 08:38 AM   #380
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Arrow Season 2 was undeniably great, but they lost a lot of steam with Season 3 and when the flashbacks became less and less related to the present storyline. The thing that made Slade/Deathstroke work was that he and Oliver had a long history on the island. Ra's and Darhk might as well be the same person when you look at their motivations and their resources.
    You're right on about the flashbacks. They don't seem to be meshing as well as they did early. It was always cool how both time periods linked up so well. This year especially, it's just there. Maybe at the end we'll see it more line up but it was better with the previous seasons. Even season 3, at least you could see how the backstory linked up to the current story. This year....not so much.

Quote:
    Old 02-12-2016, 08:55 AM   #381
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Season 2 was fantastic, and what a hell of an ending. I watched the last 4 episodes back to back and it was like watching a great comic book movie. It was non-stop for 4 episodes. I seem to remember Season 3 starting off well enough, but then it took a dump after the Christmas break. Great points regarding the flashbacks. The flashbacks have become the point in which I bust out my phone and look around online. I don't even know what's going on in the flashbacks or how they connect. I know last year he was running around doing stuff for Amanda Waller, and now he's on the island again and he's currently locked up, but I have no idea what the story line is there. The show is just all over the place.
    Old 02-12-2016, 08:57 AM   #382
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Which is why it's so frustrating when this show cranks out a really good episode like last night. There were stakes, there was intrigue as to how it would end, there was a serious change in circumstances, a surprise ending- it really was great TV. I know some episodes necessarily have to be better than others, but it felt like a completely different show last night. This inevitably confirms that the next 4-5 weeks will toil in mediocrity before the final push.
    Old 02-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #383
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Which is why it's so frustrating when this show cranks out a really good episode like last night. There were stakes, there was intrigue as to how it would end, there was a serious change in circumstances, a surprise ending- it really was great TV. I know some episodes necessarily have to be better than others, but it felt like a completely different show last night. This inevitably confirms that the next 4-5 weeks will toil in mediocrity before the final push.
    Maybe I need to re-watch the latest episode, or maybe my interest has just dwindled that much. But I just can't think of anything that kept my interest level up. Maybe it's time for me to just give up since I already am a bit jaded.
    Old 02-12-2016, 10:57 AM   #384
    twostep665

Shows Seen: 37

My Tour Central Stats

I have the same feelings about the show. I feel like it is so bad that I shouldn't be watching it anymore. But for whatever reason I continue to tune in. I guess it's because I've watched them all and want to see it to the end but damn, the acting and the dialogue is so bad.
    Old 02-24-2016, 05:31 PM   #385
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

This show is fucking awful. I'm only punishing myself by watching it
    Old 02-24-2016, 06:32 PM   #386
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

I might just get my Arrow info from this thread and just quit watching. Jake, can you be a sport and ride this thing out to the end and just let us know what happens?
    Old 02-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #387
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I might just get my Arrow info from this thread and just quit watching. Jake, can you be a sport and ride this thing out to the end and just let us know what happens?
    ok.. I'll take one for the team

even my kids are yelling, "come on! that's ridiculous!"

how the fuck the Oliver know Vixen? Meet her at the Super Hero convention off exit 76 at the Ramada in Oshkosh?

And now he pretty much tells whoever he's Green Arrow. I fully expect him to be taking a cab ride and say, "shit, I left my wallet at home. But you know what? I'm Green Arrow so I'll just shoot a 5er on an arrow through your window, kk?"
    Old 02-25-2016, 05:44 AM   #388
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ok.. I'll take one for the team

even my kids are yelling, "come on! that's ridiculous!"

how the fuck the Oliver know Vixen? Meet her at the Super Hero convention off exit 76 at the Ramada in Oshkosh?

And now he pretty much tells whoever he's Green Arrow. I fully expect him to be taking a cab ride and say, "shit, I left my wallet at home. But you know what? I'm Green Arrow so I'll just shoot a 5er on an arrow through your window, kk?"

At some point Felicity's mother is going to find out and then that will be the end of her.

I didn't finish last weeks episode and feel like I have to, as well as watch last nights. I'm starting to tweak. I have to watch it just to get it out of my system.
    Old 03-24-2016, 11:37 AM   #389
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Well that was bad. I still am really interested to see how the season ends and who is in the grave (well a confirmation) but they are dragging this out. Just shorten the season next year to not fill this crap up. It can still be good, we've seen flashes of it but....yeah.

Quote:
    Old 03-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #390
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
    Well that was bad. I still am really interested to see how the season ends and who is in the grave (well a confirmation) but they are dragging this out. Just shorten the season next year to not fill this crap up. It can still be good, we've seen flashes of it but....yeah.
    Didn't watch last night. Not sure I'll pick it up again. The kids have zero interest in Arrow anymore....