**Official North Charleston, SC July 26, 2016** - Page 9 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-27-2016, 01:22 AM   #241
phatpig
Thank You Roi

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official North Charleston, SC July 26, 2016**

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgedNerd View Post
Just wanna say a resouding fuck you to the folks in my section who decided to start shit and fight/bicker through the second half of the show, resulting in several people and an entire row of others (including a kid) being soaked in beer you decided to throw at somone. Totally ruined what started as a really good show for me.
I heard a huge cheer in the pit right before the band came out, was this related?
phatpig is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-27-2016, 04:53 AM   #242
    crush_me_16125

Shows Seen: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by phatpig View Post
    This place is tiny, shocked they are playing here. I'm used to seeing them at amphitheaters. It's also a lot nicer than it looks online. Google images makes it look like a piece of shit dump
    It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it's actually a really nice venue. Great site lines, perfect size, good acoustics (didn't think they were 100% on point last night but I think that may have been a DMB thing more than a venue thing), hotels on site for walking to/from show. Remarkably easy to get out of the lot after the show. Hope the Phish rumors are true because those shows would be sick......
    crush_me_16125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-27-2016, 06:42 AM   #243
    CarolinaGamecok

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crush_me_16125 View Post
    It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it's actually a really nice venue. Great site lines, perfect size, good acoustics (didn't think they were 100% on point last night but I think that may have been a DMB thing more than a venue thing), hotels on site for walking to/from show. Remarkably easy to get out of the lot after the show. Hope the Phish rumors are true because those shows would be sick......
    Saw Phish there in 2010... Pretty much the exact same dates as this one is rumored to be, October 14-15. Anyways it was incredible, I still listen to night 1 a decent amount. All the tickets were general admission in 2010, so I'm guessing it will be the same this year.
    CarolinaGamecok is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-27-2016, 09:13 AM   #244
    GoingToCA91

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I was really ecstatic after Minarets and Pig opened up the show. Pretty meh run throughout the rest, though. I was hoping for my girlfriend (new to DMB, her second show) would get to experience Ants, 41, or Crush, but no dice this year.

The merch table I was at was kind of a disaster. People were forming a line off to the side, then one of the workers said "don't form a line that way, we'll be here all night! Just come stand in front of the table!" Luckily I was able to stay about where I was in the line and got a poster. Also, said merch table guy was just about the most sluggish person I've ever experienced in any customer service related field. I was the third or fourth person he served and I stood there for about ten minutes.

The sound was pretty good, although I felt that Carter's bass drum was a tad heavy in the mix. Drowned out the sax/trumpet at certain points. The sightlines in the venue were fantastic.

Overall, the crowd was very decent. No one in my section was standing, unfortunately. But the crowd got pretty loud at several points during the show and it looked like a virtual sellout. Hopefully we'll see them come back in 2018!!
    GoingToCA91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-27-2016, 09:23 AM   #245
    phatpig
    Thank You Roi

Shows Seen: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GoingToCA91 View Post
    I was really ecstatic after Minarets and Pig opened up the show. Pretty meh run throughout the rest, though. I was hoping for my girlfriend (new to DMB, her second show) would get to experience Ants, 41, or Crush, but no dice this year.

The merch table I was at was kind of a disaster. People were forming a line off to the side, then one of the workers said "don't form a line that way, we'll be here all night! Just come stand in front of the table!" Luckily I was able to stay about where I was in the line and got a poster. Also, said merch table guy was just about the most sluggish person I've ever experienced in any customer service related field. I was the third or fourth person he served and I stood there for about ten minutes.

The sound was pretty good, although I felt that Carter's bass drum was a tad heavy in the mix. Drowned out the sax/trumpet at certain points. The sightlines in the venue were fantastic.

Overall, the crowd was very decent. No one in my section was standing, unfortunately. But the crowd got pretty loud at several points during the show and it looked like a virtual sellout. Hopefully we'll see them come back in 2018!!
    Exactly, after that start I was like well maybe DMB is going to bring it tonight then I remember it's the 2016 tour and its North Charleston which they haven't played in 6 years. That's my bad waiting all night for the Last Stop guitar to come out obviously
    phatpig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-27-2016, 10:15 AM   #246
    yamarider426

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Great show but down on the floor the drunken idiots were out of control. I had to throw one dude down because he was pushing folks around and later a guy was getting into a fight with a girl and her boyfriend who were standing there the whole night trying to push his way through people drunk. Had to put him in a sleeper hold but after he came to walked off quietly and we jammed on!
    Old 07-27-2016, 10:38 AM   #247
    sumcraw929

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GoingToCA91 View Post

I agree. After the first few songs I was like "well damn". It was my girlfriends first DMB show and I was really hoping for Ants or Two Step. Afterwards she said it felt like something was missing. Like it was a good show, but not amazing. I thought it was just OK. I've seen them a bunch in VA and C'ville in the past which were always amazing shows, so last night for me was a bit of a disappointment.

Also, while Carter was throwing out sticks, one was coming right towards me, but this guy jumped up to get it, and when he came down, he just started screaming and fell to the floor. From what I heard afterwards he may have broken his ankle, I felt bad for him but at least he got a stick haha.

Lastly, and maybe it's because I'm a dude, but one of the guys (had a long beard) in the sound booth (not fenton) working the lights was a total dick. I went up to him before the show started, I was respectful and made sure he wasn't busy. He was just sitting there. So I said "excuse me, could I get the set..." and before I could finish he said "no" and turned his back. Then like 5 minutes later 2 girls go up to him and asked for the setlist and he chatted them up for 5-10 mins. I get it, I'm not a pretty girl flirting with you, but you don't have to be a d-bag about it.
    sumcraw929 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #248
    DMBluedevils

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I heard a huge cheer in the pit right before the band came out, was this related?
    Haha no that was because some guy threw up before the show even started all over the floor, everyone was laughing. He came back to help clean it up and then maintenance took care of the rest.
    DMBluedevils is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-27-2016, 03:17 PM   #249
    davem#36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    No a guy puked everywhere and the cheer u herd was the venue staff and him coming back out to clean it.

What an amazing 20 years.
    ‘24 ALPHA/ALPINE
    davem#36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2016, 07:41 AM   #250
    DMBVIP
    What to do???

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davem#36 View Post
    No a guy puked everywhere and the cheer u herd was the venue staff and him coming back out to clean it.

Funny as hell!
    Old 07-28-2016, 01:49 PM   #251
    greystreet420

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I was right next to the guy who puked. Was funny as shit. He was standing about 3 people to the right of me. I did have two 6 foot 7 tall guys in front of me who me er once clapped...my guess was they were stoned as hell.
    greystreet420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2016, 01:00 PM   #252
    T_Train
    Go Dawgs!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Just now getting around to posting this. Got two sticks handed to me by Carter on the rail after Grey Street. That was my only pit show this tour, so I was going crazy all night. He walks right up, shakes my hand and goes, "You get two tonight." I had said if I ever gotten sticks again I would give them away, but not after that haha.
    Old 07-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #253
    chris1474

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by T_Train View Post
    Just now getting around to posting this. Got two sticks handed to me by Carter on the rail after Grey Street. That was my only pit show this tour, so I was going crazy all night. He walks right up, shakes my hand and goes, "You get two tonight." I had said if I ever gotten sticks again I would give them away, but not after that haha.

Were you the guy in the front with the gloves jamming out all night? If so, rock on dude! I thought carter was going to sign my hat but then he just kept throwing sticks haha.
    chris1474 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2016, 10:05 PM   #254
    T_Train
    Go Dawgs!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris1474 View Post
    Were you the guy in the front with the gloves jamming out all night? If so, rock on dude! I thought carter was going to sign my hat but then he just kept throwing sticks haha.
    Yep, that was me! I tried to get him to sign my ticket after the fact, but he kept launching sticks into the seats haha
    Old 08-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #255
    crush_me_16125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greystreet420 View Post
    I was right next to the guy who puked. Was funny as shit. He was standing about 3 people to the right of me. I did have two 6 foot 7 tall guys in front of me who me er once clapped...my guess was they were stoned as hell.
    You and I have drastically different expectations as to what constitutes "funny as shit" at a show.
    crush_me_16125 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-18-2016, 10:32 AM   #256
    jsied55

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Have an extra poster for this show if anyone needs it, face value plus shipping.
    Old 08-18-2016, 07:29 PM   #257
    DMBluedevils

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jsied55 View Post
    Have an extra poster for this show if anyone needs it, face value plus shipping.
    I sent you a PM but not sure if it went through. I will for sure take if off your hands.
    DMBluedevils is offline   Reply With Quote