Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > The 24um


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #3091
Beefsteak1138
 
Beefsteak1138's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 67,903

Shows Seen: 10

Re: Favorite beer of choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottbtdmb View Post
Wow, I think I have finally found a pumpkin ale that beats out Southern Tier's Pumking (at least IMO). Clipper City makes one called The Greater Pumpkin which is a pumpkin ale aged in Bourbon barrels!!! A very nice twist on the traditional pumpkin ale and the oaky, vanilla, bourbon blast compliments the pumpkin flavor very nicely!!! I know I am from Maryland and many will think I am being biased because Clipper City is out of Baltimore, but this stuff is really good! Not sure how their distribution is outside of MD, but I encourage all pumpkin ale lovers to try it out and see for yourselves!

-Scott
We definitely get Clipper City here, I will be on the lookout for sure.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1spe View Post
Dear sir/madam,

If you touch these motherfucking trash cans ever again, I swear to God/Allah/whomever that I will find you, rape your wife, grill your dog and eat it, and burn down your motherfucking house. My only hope will be that you are inside, paralyzed from the severe beating I'm about to toss you if these cans leave this curb before I get home.

Fuck your mother,
Beetus Cat
Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #3092
    breckbrew
    Not a wook
     
    breckbrew's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Harrisburg, PA
    Posts: 7,769

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scottbtdmb View Post
    Wow, I think I have finally found a pumpkin ale that beats out Southern Tier's Pumking (at least IMO). Clipper City makes one called The Greater Pumpkin which is a pumpkin ale aged in Bourbon barrels!!! A very nice twist on the traditional pumpkin ale and the oaky, vanilla, bourbon blast compliments the pumpkin flavor very nicely!!! I know I am from Maryland and many will think I am being biased because Clipper City is out of Baltimore, but this stuff is really good! Not sure how their distribution is outside of MD, but I encourage all pumpkin ale lovers to try it out and see for yourselves!

    -Scott
    Overall, I've been impressed with Clipper City's beers. They make some good, strong brews and I'll have to check this one out.
    breckbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #3093
    ji/\/\ithing
    Missing Roi... Always
     
    ji/\/\ithing's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2005
    Location: in a chrono-synclastic infundibulum
    Posts: 16,082

    Shows Seen: 38
    Send a message via AIM to ji/\/\ithing

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    some friends brought me Spotted Cow, i always forget how much i enjoy that stuff untill i get it again and miss it.
    __________________
    Stats Go CUBS! For now, goodbye... Friend
    ChemE > your face
    I met my wife on Ants
    ji/\/\ithing is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #3094
    Beefsteak1138
     
    Beefsteak1138's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Posts: 67,903

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by breckbrew View Post
    Overall, I've been impressed with Clipper City's beers. They make some good, strong brews and I'll have to check this one out.
    Their Hop3 Ale is pretty damn good.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb1spe View Post
    Dear sir/madam,

    If you touch these motherfucking trash cans ever again, I swear to God/Allah/whomever that I will find you, rape your wife, grill your dog and eat it, and burn down your motherfucking house. My only hope will be that you are inside, paralyzed from the severe beating I'm about to toss you if these cans leave this curb before I get home.

    Fuck your mother,
    Beetus Cat
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #3095
    ruggr4
    It's science.
     
    ruggr4's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: Wisco
    Posts: 18,154

    Shows Seen: 73
    Send a message via AIM to ruggr4

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Three floyds alpha king
    __________________
    Marissa

    Facebook

    Summer '13: Alpine and Gorge for a Wilhorse wedding!!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by avsfan View Post
    maybe i can be " The Boulware whisperer" :lol
    ruggr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #3096
    breckbrew
    Not a wook
     
    breckbrew's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Harrisburg, PA
    Posts: 7,769

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    Their Hop3 Ale is pretty damn good.
    Yeah, I really liked that one too. I think the only one I've tried so far that's been meh was their stout.
    breckbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #3097
    Beefsteak1138
     
    Beefsteak1138's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Posts: 67,903

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by breckbrew View Post
    Yeah, I really liked that one too. I think the only one I've tried so far that's been meh was their stout.
    Yeah. I have three sitting at home. A friend brought them over this weekend, but it was 80 degrees outside, which doesn't really seem like imperial stout kind of weather.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb1spe View Post
    Dear sir/madam,

    If you touch these motherfucking trash cans ever again, I swear to God/Allah/whomever that I will find you, rape your wife, grill your dog and eat it, and burn down your motherfucking house. My only hope will be that you are inside, paralyzed from the severe beating I'm about to toss you if these cans leave this curb before I get home.

    Fuck your mother,
    Beetus Cat
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #3098
    Beefsteak1138
     
    Beefsteak1138's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Posts: 67,903

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    New avatar???

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_T_JachDW9a..._trappist2.jpg
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb1spe View Post
    Dear sir/madam,

    If you touch these motherfucking trash cans ever again, I swear to God/Allah/whomever that I will find you, rape your wife, grill your dog and eat it, and burn down your motherfucking house. My only hope will be that you are inside, paralyzed from the severe beating I'm about to toss you if these cans leave this curb before I get home.

    Fuck your mother,
    Beetus Cat
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #3099
    breckbrew
    Not a wook
     
    breckbrew's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Harrisburg, PA
    Posts: 7,769

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    Very nice! Fits like a glove.
    breckbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #3100
    RJP2741
     
    RJP2741's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: The Boston Garden
    Posts: 25,757

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    __________________
    #needmoreToby

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HoldemHart View Post
    Once again RJ brings the knowledge.
    RJP2741 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #3101
    Beefsteak1138
     
    Beefsteak1138's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Posts: 67,903

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Pickup up two Pumpkings and a sixer of Southern Tier's Harvest Ale.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb1spe View Post
    Dear sir/madam,

    If you touch these motherfucking trash cans ever again, I swear to God/Allah/whomever that I will find you, rape your wife, grill your dog and eat it, and burn down your motherfucking house. My only hope will be that you are inside, paralyzed from the severe beating I'm about to toss you if these cans leave this curb before I get home.

    Fuck your mother,
    Beetus Cat
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #3102
    jharm78
     
    jharm78's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2002
    Location: Brick Township, NJ
    Posts: 132

    Shows Seen: 33

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Laziness is keeping me from reading through the last few pages here, but I was lucky enough to snag a bottle of Dogfish Bitches Brew and it was fan-fucking-tastic. Really enjoyed the hearty cocoa notes playing with the sweet, subtle flavors from the honey they used. A great Imperial Stout in honor of a great album.
    jharm78 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #3103
    Jsweeney
    coach
     
    Jsweeney's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Frederick, MD
    Posts: 4,830

    Shows Seen: 51
    Send a message via Yahoo to Jsweeney

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    whats top ipa near MD?
    __________________
    Jim
    Jsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2010, 08:26 PM   #3104
    MGH4007
    dim5
     
    MGH4007's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Posts: 22,232

    Shows Seen: 13

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Alright so I've lately have been becoming more interested in different beers and their taste, trying to develop my taste buds while catching a buzz. I usually go to the liquor store and pick a new 6 pack everyday without really knowing much about beer. For example the past four 6 packs I've bought were SA Octoberfest, SA Lager, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and Dos Equis Ambar. Anyways, next time I pick up a sixer what should I get? It has to be somewhat popular, or possibly mention a few the store might have in case they don't have the first pick. Only taste I don't really like regarding beer are dry, or very dark. I really enjoy the SA Lager and Octoberfest so that's kind of a guideline. It's Beacon Hill Liquors (downtown Boston) so the store has a lot of wine, beer, and liquor. Cheap and expensive.
    __________________
    Pebbles and marbles,
    like words from a friend

    Last edited by MGH4007; 09-22-2010 at 08:27 PM.
    MGH4007 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2010, 10:08 PM   #3105
    jackisback24
    He's using hypnosis!
     
    jackisback24's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Posts: 15,542

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    going to an Oktoberfest party on Sunday and we're supposed to pick up a microbrew beer. I picked up some Monty Python beer.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HavnAGdTime View Post
    Rain continued. Lightening continued. Show continued. JTR tease. Goddarnit. Seven. Oh well. Fucking danced like there was no tomorrow. Shoes ruined, legs coated. Body soaked. Didn't care. It was a mud hole, but it was OUR mud hole.
    jackisback24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #3106
    Beefsteak1138
     
    Beefsteak1138's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Posts: 67,903

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jsweeney View Post
    whats top ipa near MD?
    Brewed near MD, or available there? If brewed near there, I'd say Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA or Clipper City Hop3 Ale. If available in MD, I'd go with Bell's Two-Hearted.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb1spe View Post
    Dear sir/madam,

    If you touch these motherfucking trash cans ever again, I swear to God/Allah/whomever that I will find you, rape your wife, grill your dog and eat it, and burn down your motherfucking house. My only hope will be that you are inside, paralyzed from the severe beating I'm about to toss you if these cans leave this curb before I get home.

    Fuck your mother,
    Beetus Cat
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #3107
    OleMissRebels
     
    OleMissRebels's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Posts: 414

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MGH4007 View Post
    Alright so I've lately have been becoming more interested in different beers and their taste, trying to develop my taste buds while catching a buzz. I usually go to the liquor store and pick a new 6 pack everyday without really knowing much about beer. For example the past four 6 packs I've bought were SA Octoberfest, SA Lager, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and Dos Equis Ambar. Anyways, next time I pick up a sixer what should I get? It has to be somewhat popular, or possibly mention a few the store might have in case they don't have the first pick. Only taste I don't really like regarding beer are dry, or very dark. I really enjoy the SA Lager and Octoberfest so that's kind of a guideline. It's Beacon Hill Liquors (downtown Boston) so the store has a lot of wine, beer, and liquor. Cheap and expensive.
    Shipyard Pumpkinhead
    Hoegaarden
    Magic Hat (any kind really)
    Newcastle Brown Ale
    UFO
    Harpoon IPA
    Longtrail Blackberry Wheat ale
    __________________
    We all began with similar skin
    OleMissRebels is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #3108
    mburn4jh
    Dirty Rascal
     
    mburn4jh's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Posts: 6,014

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    Brewed near MD, or available there? If brewed near there, I'd say Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA or Clipper City Hop3 Ale. If available in MD, I'd go with Bell's Two-Hearted.
    these two. If you can get some fresh 60 minute on tap there are few better
    __________________
    ++
    mburn4jh is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #3109
    snapmcd
    Go Spurs Go
     
    snapmcd's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: The Two-Ten
    Posts: 7,107

    Shows Seen: 43

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Tonight I attended a beer dinner with a brewmaster of the Sierra Nevada Brewery. Limited release, signed by the man himself:

    30th Anniversary Barleywine

    Also, the countdown to SNCA has begun.

    Edit: how many of my posts in the Ants beer threads have involved pictures of SN beers on my kitchen counter?

    Last edited by snapmcd; 09-23-2010 at 10:22 PM.
    snapmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #3110
    Coker
     
    Coker's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Posts: 13,775

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Holy fuck yes, I want to try that Monty Python Holy Grail Ale!
    Coker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #3111
    RJP2741
     
    RJP2741's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: The Boston Garden
    Posts: 25,757

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Coker View Post
    Holy fuck yes, I want to try that Monty Python Holy Grail Ale!
    I've actually had that once, it was good from what I remember, but it was over a year ago.
    __________________
    #needmoreToby

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HoldemHart View Post
    Once again RJ brings the knowledge.
    RJP2741 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2010, 11:34 PM   #3112
    beefandbean22
     
    beefandbean22's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: Napavine, WA
    Posts: 1,238

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    2009 Alaskan Smoked Porter tonight, damn this is a good beer. The smoke flavor is so good and really easy to drink.
    beefandbean22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #3113
    Coker
     
    Coker's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Posts: 13,775

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RJP2741 View Post
    I've actually had that once, it was good from what I remember, but it was over a year ago.
    Calling the MD beer distributor first thing in the morning. Then calling the doctor's office to get an appt.

    See where the priorities lie?
    Coker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #3114
    breckbrew
    Not a wook
     
    breckbrew's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: Harrisburg, PA
    Posts: 7,769

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Local six-pack shop sent a message out earlier this week saying they were getting in a fresh shipment of Founders Breakfast Stout. I got really excited thinking it was the Kentucky Breakfast Stout, but found out today it is just their regular version. Anyone had this? Still sounds pretty good, but was really hoping for KBS.

    Also, a real Belgian "Full Moon" beer http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_belgiu...VsZ2l1bWV4cGVy
    breckbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #3115
    Beefsteak1138
     
    Beefsteak1138's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Posts: 67,903

    Shows Seen: 10

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by breckbrew View Post
    Local six-pack shop sent a message out earlier this week saying they were getting in a fresh shipment of Founders Breakfast Stout. I got really excited thinking it was the Kentucky Breakfast Stout, but found out today it is just their regular version. Anyone had this? Still sounds pretty good, but was really hoping for KBS.

    Also, a real Belgian "Full Moon" beer http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_belgiu...VsZ2l1bWV4cGVy
    It's really good. Never had the KBS though.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb1spe View Post
    Dear sir/madam,

    If you touch these motherfucking trash cans ever again, I swear to God/Allah/whomever that I will find you, rape your wife, grill your dog and eat it, and burn down your motherfucking house. My only hope will be that you are inside, paralyzed from the severe beating I'm about to toss you if these cans leave this curb before I get home.

    Fuck your mother,
    Beetus Cat
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #3116
    terp_north
    Wacco for Flacco
     
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Location: MD
    Posts: 328

    Shows Seen: 13

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Anyone in the Northeast see camouflaged Busch beer cans at any local liquor stores? Don't get me wrong, Busch is terrible, but there's something about the camo cans that I just couldn't resist .
    terp_north is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #3117
    RJP2741
     
    RJP2741's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: The Boston Garden
    Posts: 25,757

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    I have a bomber of Lagunitas Little Sumpin Wild waiting for me tonight. Really excited about it.
    RJP2741 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #3118
    runbikeswimable
    Celebrate we will
     
    runbikeswimable's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Posts: 214

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Omg Old Style is the best!! I was soo glad at wrigley they had it. tastes soo good
    runbikeswimable is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #3119
    Coker
     
    Coker's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Posts: 13,775

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by terp_north View Post
    Anyone in the Northeast see camouflaged Busch beer cans at any local liquor stores? Don't get me wrong, Busch is terrible, but there's something about the camo cans that I just couldn't resist .
    Hah, couple of years ago I picked up a thirty of the High-Life "hunting pack" which had the bright orange cans.

    bad.ass.
    Coker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #3120
    thezeemaneffect
     
    thezeemaneffect's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: St. Louis, MO
    Posts: 522

    Shows Seen: 8

    Re: Favorite beer of choice?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RJP2741 View Post
    I have a bomber of Lagunitas Little Sumpin Wild waiting for me tonight. Really excited about it.
    Really interested to hear how that is
    thezeemaneffect is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Matt's Twitter
    Jake's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter