Gorge Cliffhouse passes - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion > DMB Past Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
trupatfan

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Gorge Cliffhouse passes

So, here's an odd one. I bought some tix for the Gorge shows and some of them claimed to come with VIP Cliffhouse passes. Well, tickets came today and, to my surprise, there were no actual passes included. The only thing that even referenced VIP was the ticket stub itself had a "VIP" logo on it. Question for anyone else going to the Gorge that has Cliffhouse access - - Did you actually get hard passes or are you relying on something printed on your ticket to get you back there?

Thanks in advance. Regardless of this snafu, we're gonna have a blast.

Jeff
trupatfan is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Gorge Cliffhouse passes

There's probably a booth or table at Gorge where you show your ticket and they give you a wristband. I don't know about Cliffhouse specifically but this has been my experience with other "exclusive" type stuff (WH preferred lawn, pit seating at Radiohead etc...)
    Old 09-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #3
    chirogirl
    Fonz is FOXY!

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trupatfan View Post
    So, here's an odd one. I bought some tix for the Gorge shows and some of them claimed to come with VIP Cliffhouse passes. Well, tickets came today and, to my surprise, there were no actual passes included. The only thing that even referenced VIP was the ticket stub itself had a "VIP" logo on it. Question for anyone else going to the Gorge that has Cliffhouse access - - Did you actually get hard passes or are you relying on something printed on your ticket to get you back there?

Thanks in advance. Regardless of this snafu, we're gonna have a blast.

Jeff
    We actaully had Cliffhouse passes last year and they were hard tickets, seperate from our concert tickets. Don't know if it will be different this year, but that was how it was in '08. Hope that helps.
    chirogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
    dmbhokie

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

you're not really missing much if you don't get them
    dmbhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
    dmbkristin

Shows Seen: 128

DMB Hub Stubs: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Several years ago I had cliffhouse passes, and they were separate pieces of paper like Mandy said. But it makes sense that they would just print "VIP" on the ticket (less fraud). So you probably just show your ticket at the cliffhouse entrance.
    dmbkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
    trupatfan

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Wanted to send a quick reply on this message having returned from the shows.

You were all correct that the words VIP appeared on the ticket stub. This allowed us entrance into the Cliffhouse. It's a small bar off the side at the top of section A. It has a pair of real bathrooms and a bar that offers some cool views. Also has a TV. Was it worth the extra $$? Probably not. Here's why:

1) Full bar - May have been the only place there to have one. But, you had to consume all your drinks there - even the ones you didn't buy there. I was able to stash them in my shorts but got soaked because they opened the beers at time of purchase

2) Small lines - but the normal lines weren't really that long anyway

3) Flushable toilets - There were enough honey buckets that we hardly ever waited. And they were remarkably clean, too. We thought we'd get good use of the cliffhouse toilets after the show (since the normal lines would be huge) but the cliffhouse was closed 30 minutes before the end of the show. Lame.

4) Cool views - but you get cool views from anywhere in that place.

5) TVs - who's really there to watch tv anyway?

So... with that, it's a nice to have if you get it but nothing you'd really want to pay much more for.
    trupatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
    Doofie27
    Is a filthy Poser

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trupatfan View Post
    Wanted to send a quick reply on this message having returned from the shows.

You were all correct that the words VIP appeared on the ticket stub. This allowed us entrance into the Cliffhouse. It's a small bar off the side at the top of section A. It has a pair of real bathrooms and a bar that offers some cool views. Also has a TV. Was it worth the extra $$? Probably not. Here's why:

1) Full bar - May have been the only place there to have one. But, you had to consume all your drinks there - even the ones you didn't buy there. I was able to stash them in my shorts but got soaked because they opened the beers at time of purchase

2) Small lines - but the normal lines weren't really that long anyway

3) Flushable toilets - There were enough honey buckets that we hardly ever waited. And they were remarkably clean, too. We thought we'd get good use of the cliffhouse toilets after the show (since the normal lines would be huge) but the cliffhouse was closed 30 minutes before the end of the show. Lame.

4) Cool views - but you get cool views from anywhere in that place.

5) TVs - who's really there to watch tv anyway?

So... with that, it's a nice to have if you get it but nothing you'd really want to pay much more for.
    Band members have been known to pop up there before the show as well. If you go that route, honestly i would try to make sure i spent as much time as possible in there with the possibility of getting to meet one of them.
    Old 02-14-2024, 12:04 PM   #8
    SinclairWill
    Professional Lurker

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Has anyone done the VIP Cliffhouse ticket recently? I know it's for the area down next to stage right (left of stage if looking at stage), but does it also allow entry to the VIP clubs/areas at the top of the hill and off to the right as you come down the hill?

Mostly wondering if the private area is included off to the side right as you come down the path. And if so, is that view good enough to just chill at the whole night and only purchase lawn entry to the venue?

Makes a ticket a little under $200 (125 VIP + Lawn price), but if the view is nice enough, and it has a chair for my old self I might just do that.
    Does anyone have any pictures from that side area, or know if that VIP area is included?
    Thanks!!
    SinclairWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
    cliffhouse , gorge , vip